|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Toby and his mother settle?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) Austin, Texas.
(c) Seattle, Washington.
(d) Phoenix, Arizona.
2. What does Dwight do at the tavern in Marblemount?
(a) Asks for directions.
(b) Becomes extremely drunk.
(c) Tries to sell the beaver pelt.
(d) Brings Toby inside and buys him dinner.
3. What is the condition under which Toby's mother agrees to let him change his name?
(a) He spends more time with her and her boyfriend.
(b) He agrees to complete catechism classes.
(c) He will concentrate harder on his schoolwork.
(d) He does more chores around the house.
4. Why does Toby's mother agree to let Gil buy Toby a bike?
(a) She won't get alone time with Gil unless Toby gets his way.
(b) She can't afford to buy him a bike herself.
(c) She thinks it will make Toby like her.
(d) She wants Toby to have toys like other boys his age.
5. What color do Toby and Dwight paint the house?
(b) They do not paint the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Toby's mother want him to take the rifle to Seattle with them?
2. What prompts Toby to convince his mother to buy him souvenirs?
3. Why does Skipper decide not to take Toby with him to Mexico?
4. Why does Toby want to change his name?
5. Why are Toby and his mother leaving Florida for Utah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Skipper say when Toby asks to come with him to Mexico? Does his answer change later?
2. What is the significance of the drink that Judd brings to Toby?
3. How does the Vice Principal find out who vandalized the bathroom wall?
4. How does Dwight react to the news of Toby's fight?
5. Describe Rosemary's father.
6. How does Rosemary react when she is told Toby's crime?
7. What happens when Toby wants to take Roy's gun when he and his mother prepare to leave Roy's house?
8. Describe Toby and Gil's conversation about bikes.
9. Describe the boys Toby is friends with in Seattle.
10. Describe Toby's mother.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)