|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dwight react when Rosemary wins the turkey shoot?
(a) He blames his performance on Toby.
(b) He becomes jealous of the other men congratulating her.
(c) He storms into his room and pouts when they return home.
(d) He congratulates her.
2. Why does Skipper decide not to take Toby with him to Mexico?
(a) Dwight said Toby couldn't go.
(b) There won't be any room for Toby to sleep in the car.
(c) Skipper doesn't want Toby to come.
(d) Skipper will not be going to Mexico.
3. Where do Dwight and his family live?
(a) A converted war barrack that housed German prisoners of war.
(b) The outskirts of a nice neighborhood.
(c) A few miles away from Skipper and Norma's high school.
(d) In a derelict house.
4. What does Dwight make Toby do to keep him busy?
(a) His homework.
(b) Find odd jobs around the neighborhood.
(c) Clean the house.
(d) Husk horse chestnuts and get a paper route.
5. What do Roy and Toby do every day?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Make dinner before Toby's mother comes home.
(c) Wait for Toby's mother to follow her home from work.
(d) Shoot cans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the nun who teaches Toby's catechism class?
2. What happens during the game against Van Horn?
3. What is Toby's punishment for vandalizing the bathroom?
4. What year is the Ford that Skipper works through high school to rebuild?
5. Why are Toby and his mother leaving Florida for Utah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Toby and Roy act towards Toby's mother.
2. What is the significance of the drink that Judd brings to Toby?
3. How does the Vice Principal find out who vandalized the bathroom wall?
4. Why do Toby, Silver, and Taylor watch the Mickey Mouse Club?
5. Why do Norma and Bobby Crow take Toby to his basketball games? How does Toby feel about it?
6. What happens at the Thanksgiving turkey shoot?
7. What happens when Toby wants to take Roy's gun when he and his mother prepare to leave Roy's house?
8. What activities do Rosemary and Dwight participate in at the local rifle club? How well do they perform?
9. What happens on the drive from Toby's house to Chinook?
10. What is Toby's attitude toward Dwight?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)