|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Toby and his mother settle?
(a) Seattle, Washington.
(b) Austin, Texas.
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) Phoenix, Arizona.
2. Why does Toby say he wants to kill Dwight?
(a) To win Norma's approval.
(b) To hurt Rosemary.
(c) To keep Dwight from hurting Rosemary.
(d) To shut Dwight up.
3. Why does Arthur punch Toby?
(a) Arthur is a bully.
(b) Toby calls Arthur a sissy.
(c) Toby kicked Arthur's dog.
(d) Toby is teasing Arthur about his weight.
4. Why does Toby steal things?
(a) He wants to prove how cool he is.
(b) His friends dare him.
(c) Stealing is the only way he can get the things he wants.
(d) He gets great satisfaction from stealing.
5. What happens during the game against Van Horn?
(a) Dwight causes a scene by bursting in during the game and trying to bring Toby home.
(b) Toby's shoes make him fall whenever he tries to stop and the crowd laughs at him.
(c) Toby makes a spectacular shot.
(d) Toby gets some words of encouragement from his coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dwight drives drunk after visiting Marblemount tavern, Pearl grabs Toby when Dwight takes sharp curves. What does this show about Pearl and Toby's relationship?
2. Why doesn't Rosemary allow Marian to set Toby straight?
3. How do Toby and Arthur make up?
4. What does Toby's mother make him promise before he can have Roy's rifle?
5. Why does Skipper go to Tijuana, Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rosemary react when she is told Toby's crime?
2. Describe Toby's mother.
3. What sins does Toby confess before his baptism? Why does he confess these sins?
4. What activities do Rosemary and Dwight participate in at the local rifle club? How well do they perform?
5. How does the Vice Principal find out who vandalized the bathroom wall?
6. Describe Toby's basketball game against Van Horn.
7. What do Toby and his mother believe about their new life in Utah?
8. What is the significance of the drink that Judd brings to Toby?
9. Why do Dwight and Toby pretend to have a normal relationship when Rosemary visits?
10. What happens when Toby shoots a squirrel?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)