|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toby is crushed when he realizes that Bobby and Norma were having sex while he played basketball. What does this prompt Toby to fantasize about?
(a) Getting horribly injured in Norma's presence and being nursed back to health by her.
(b) Winning a basketball game to get Norma's attention.
(c) Beating Bobby up.
(d) Hitting Norma for betraying him, and then forgiving her.
2. Why does it upset Toby when Pearl throws her arms around Rosemary?
(a) Toby doesn't want to have to compete with anyone else for his mother's attention.
(b) Pearl is doing it to annoy Toby.
(c) Toby is afraid Dwight won't like it.
(d) Toby thinks his mother will like Pearl better than him.
3. Why is Toby afraid to say anything bad about Roy when his mother asks what he thinks about leaving Roy?
(a) Toby is afraid his mother will use it against him if she and Roy get back together.
(b) Toby doesn't want to talk about Roy behind his back.
(c) Toby is afraid his mother will tell Roy, and Roy will take it out on Toby.
(d) Toby thinks he will not be allowed to take the rifle if he says he doesn't like Roy.
4. What does Toby's mother make him promise before he can have Roy's rifle?
(a) That he will give it to his son someday.
(b) That he will never touch it when he is alone.
(c) That he will never load it.
(d) That he will never shoot anything with it.
5. What is Toby's punishment for vandalizing the bathroom?
(a) Nothing; no one can prove he did it.
(b) He must repaint the whole bathroom.
(c) A two week suspension.
(d) A one week suspension, reduced from two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Toby and his mother do during the evenings?
2. What does Arthur say that causes Toby to make fun of Arthur's weight?
3. What does the principal say when he notices nicotine on Toby's fingers?
4. What does Toby's mother believe she will get a job doing in Utah?
5. What does Rosemary say to Toby about Dwight after meeting him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Toby hope to do in Chinook?
2. Describe Toby and Gil's conversation about bikes.
3. What do Toby and Pearl do in the car while they wait for Rosemary and Dwight outside the Marblemount tavern?
4. What does Skipper say when Toby asks to come with him to Mexico? Does his answer change later?
5. How does the Vice Principal find out who vandalized the bathroom wall?
6. How does Rosemary react when she is told Toby's crime?
7. What happens at the Thanksgiving turkey shoot?
8. Why do Toby, Silver, and Taylor watch the Mickey Mouse Club?
9. Describe the boys Toby is friends with in Seattle.
10. What does Rosemary say to Toby about Dwight?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)