|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dwight do when Toby needs new shoes?
(a) Buys several pairs of shoes in different sizes.
(b) Makes Toby pay for new shoes.
(c) Forces Toby to wear the shoes he has outgrown.
(d) Buys brown loafers that Toby must use for everything.
2. Why do Toby and his mother believe they will be successful in Utah?
(a) They have had it rough and deserve some good luck.
(b) The job market is very healthy.
(c) Housing is cheap.
(d) Toby's mother has received a promising job offer.
3. Why does Toby act like he is sorry about the fight with Arthur?
(a) To keep Dwight from getting angry.
(b) To make his mother feel better.
(c) To stay friends with Arthur.
(d) To impress Norma.
4. Why does Skipper go to Tijuana, Mexico?
(a) To marry his high school sweetheart.
(b) To have the interior of his car upholstered.
(c) To get away from Dwight and the family.
(d) To look for work.
5. What prompts Toby to convince his mother to buy him souvenirs?
(a) Toby witnesses a truck drive over a cliff.
(b) Toby is taunted by other children and feels snubbed.
(c) Toby discovers he has lost all his toys in their move.
(d) His mother secures a job that pays well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two boys Toby hangs out with?
2. When Toby's mother was little, she rode in a parade float called the "End of the Rainbow." What does this suggest about Toby's mother?
3. How does Rosemary punish Toby?
4. What is the upsetting question Roy asks Toby?
5. What is the name of Toby's biological brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Toby shoots a squirrel?
2. Describe Toby's basketball game against Van Horn.
3. What activities do Rosemary and Dwight participate in at the local rifle club? How well do they perform?
4. Describe the boys Toby is friends with in Seattle.
5. How does Dwight react to the news of Toby's fight?
6. When Toby arrives at Dwight's house, how does he treat Toby? Provide specific examples.
7. How does Toby react when Roy asks him if he would like a little brother?
8. What does Toby hope to do in Chinook?
9. What happens after Arthur makes a comment about Toby's orange hands?
10. How does the car look when Skipper returns from Mexico? How does Skipper feel about the car?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)