|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Rosemary have for Toby after spending the weekend with Dwight?
(a) Dwight has asked her to move in with him.
(b) Dwight has asked her to marry him.
(c) She is sending Toby to live with Dwight.
(d) She and Dwight have broken up.
2. Where does the vice principal accuse Toby of vandalizing the bathroom wall?
(a) The nurse's office.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The main office.
(d) Toby's classroom.
3. Why does Skipper decide not to take Toby with him to Mexico?
(a) Skipper doesn't want Toby to come.
(b) There won't be any room for Toby to sleep in the car.
(c) Skipper will not be going to Mexico.
(d) Dwight said Toby couldn't go.
4. What is the upsetting question Roy asks Toby?
(a) How much Toby loved his mother.
(b) If Toby had been playing with the gun unsupervised.
(c) If Toby wanted to go on a trip with Roy.
(d) What Toby would think of having a little brother.
5. What do Pearl and Toby do when Rosemary takes their picture?
(a) Refuse to smile.
(b) Hold hands, but make their hands go limp.
(c) Make faces.
(d) Put their arms around each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toby's mother believe she will get a job doing in Utah?
2. Why do Toby and his mother leave Moab, Utah?
3. Why does Toby like Norma's boyfriend Bobby?
4. What is the name of Toby's biological brother?
5. What does the contrast between the piano's black keys and the rest of Dwight's house symbolize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the boys Toby is friends with in Seattle.
2. Describe what Toby does at the Archery Club.
3. How does Dwight react to the news of Toby's fight?
4. What is the significance of the drink that Judd brings to Toby?
5. What does Rosemary say to Toby about Dwight?
6. How does the Vice Principal find out who vandalized the bathroom wall?
7. What do Toby and his mother believe about their new life in Utah?
8. Describe Toby's basketball game against Van Horn.
9. What happens when Toby wants to take Roy's gun when he and his mother prepare to leave Roy's house?
10. What does Toby hope to do in Chinook?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)