|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Amen Corner (pgs. 270-276).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is the Ford that Skipper works through high school to rebuild?
2. Why does Toby like Norma's boyfriend Bobby?
(a) Bobby gives Toby advice about how to play basketball.
(b) Bobby reminds Toby of his older brother.
(c) Bobby lets Toby drink with him and Norma.
(d) Bobby gives Toby money.
3. How does Toby find a letter from Rosemary's brother, Stephen?
(a) He opens everyone else's mail.
(b) Rosemary gives him the letter.
(c) He finds it in the trash.
(d) He looks through his family's belongings.
4. How does Toby feel about the information he writes on his letters of recommendation and transcripts?
(a) He is ashamed of lying.
(b) He doesn't care what he writes as long as it will get him into a better school.
(c) He thinks that anyone who reads the papers will automatically believe the information is true.
(d) He feels everything he writes is the hidden truth and his real identity.
5. What are the names of the two boys Toby hangs out with?
(a) Terry and Terry.
(b) Arthur and Skipper.
(c) Mark and Shawn.
(d) Dwight and Roy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen offer in response to the letter Toby sends him?
2. What does the contrast between the piano's black keys and the rest of Dwight's house symbolize?
3. What news does Rosemary have for Toby after spending the weekend with Dwight?
4. At Arthur's house one night, Toby and Arthur kiss. What happens as a result?
5. What do Toby and his mother do during the evenings?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)