|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Amen Corner (pgs. 270-276).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the principal say when he notices nicotine on Toby's fingers?
(a) He talks about digging through trash cans for a cigarette.
(c) He accuses Toby of smoking.
(d) He asks Rosemary if she bought cigarettes for her son.
2. Which of the following did Rosemary's father NOT do?
(a) Force Rosemary to smoke so she would stay thin.
(b) Drive away boys Rosemary liked.
(c) Torture his wife.
(d) Behave like a loving parent.
3. Why do Dwight and Toby pretend to have a normal family relationship when Rosemary visits?
(a) Dwight threatens Toby and forces him to act happy.
(b) Toby wants his mother to marry Dwight.
(c) Toby wants a family life even if it's not perfect.
(d) Toby is afraid he will hurt his mother's feelings if she sees how unhappy he is.
4. How does Toby feel as Mr. Howard drives away?
(a) He realizes he may never see Mr. Howard again.
(b) He realizes he doesn't know how to contact Mr. Howard.
(c) He is filled with hope for the future.
(d) He regrets some of the things he said.
5. Which of the following is most symbolic of Toby's life with Dwight?
(a) Pearl never leaves Toby alone.
(b) Rosemary does not apologize for leaving Toby with Dwight.
(c) Toby never sees the sun.
(d) Toby fantasizes about doing heroic deeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toby want to change his name?
2. What do Pearl and Toby NOT do while waiting in the car for Dwight and Rosemary?
3. What does Arthur say that causes Toby to make fun of Arthur's weight?
4. What does Rosemary say to Toby about Dwight after meeting him?
5. What is the upsetting question Roy asks Toby?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)