|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Citizenship in the School (pgs. 222-228).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of Dwight's story about the salmon that risk their lives on their journey to Chinook, spawn, and then die?
(a) Unlike Rosemary, Dwight believes it takes hard work and determination to get what you want.
(b) Dwight would like to take Toby fishing.
(c) Life is a long and ultimately fruitless journey.
(d) The same will happen to Toby and his mother if they move to Chinook.
2. When does Toby get excited about the fight?
(a) He doesn't get excited about the fight.
(b) When Dwight shows him a special move.
(c) When Mr. Mitchell assigns him to the fight.
(d) When he hears the crowd chanting his name.
3. Why does no one stop the store clerk running after Toby?
(a) Her cries sound like those of a mother running after a son.
(b) No one cares.
(c) Toby has a gun.
(d) There is no one else around.
4. What is NOT one of the reasons Toby wears his hair slicked back?
(a) Toby thinks it makes him look cool.
(b) He can only wash it once a week.
(c) His mother doesn't like it.
(d) Both his friends wear their hair the same way.
5. Why doesn't Marian approve of Gil?
(a) He honks the car horn instead of coming to the door.
(b) Gil insults her.
(c) She doesn't like his car.
(d) She thinks Toby's mother can do better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosemary campaign for Senator Jackson and John F. Kennedy?
2. What does Rosemary tell Toby about his father's time at Deerfield?
3. Why does Toby assume the name Thomas Findon?
4. What does Dwight find in the trash that prompts him to hit Toby?
5. How does Toby feel as Mr. Howard drives away?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)