|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Citizenship in the School (pgs. 222-228).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of Dwight's story about the salmon that risk their lives on their journey to Chinook, spawn, and then die?
(a) Unlike Rosemary, Dwight believes it takes hard work and determination to get what you want.
(b) The same will happen to Toby and his mother if they move to Chinook.
(c) Dwight would like to take Toby fishing.
(d) Life is a long and ultimately fruitless journey.
2. What is NOT one of the reasons Toby wears his hair slicked back?
(a) His mother doesn't like it.
(b) Both his friends wear their hair the same way.
(c) He can only wash it once a week.
(d) Toby thinks it makes him look cool.
3. Toby braces himself "for the next curve" at the end of Chapter 3. Which of the following does this NOT refer to?
(a) The dangerous life curve his mother has put him on.
(b) The next curveball Dwight throws him.
(c) Literally, the next curve in the road.
(d) Toby's opportunity to start a better life.
4. When does Toby get excited about the fight?
(a) When Mr. Mitchell assigns him to the fight.
(b) He doesn't get excited about the fight.
(c) When Dwight shows him a special move.
(d) When he hears the crowd chanting his name.
5. What did the note from Sister James say?
(a) It asked Toby's mother to call Sister James.
(b) It expressed concern about Toby's after school activities.
(c) It invited Toby's family to a church potluck.
(d) It praised Toby and his involvement in his catechism classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toby act like he is sorry about the fight with Arthur?
2. How does Toby spend his $80?
3. Where do Toby and his mother settle?
4. What is Toby's favorite after school activity?
5. Why do Toby and his mother believe they will be successful in Utah?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)