|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Citizenship in the School (pgs. 222-228).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Toby's mother's name?
(b) The reader does not know.
2. Why do Dwight and Toby pretend to have a normal family relationship when Rosemary visits?
(a) Toby wants a family life even if it's not perfect.
(b) Toby is afraid he will hurt his mother's feelings if she sees how unhappy he is.
(c) Toby wants his mother to marry Dwight.
(d) Dwight threatens Toby and forces him to act happy.
3. Why does Toby like Norma's boyfriend Bobby?
(a) Bobby gives Toby advice about how to play basketball.
(b) Bobby reminds Toby of his older brother.
(c) Bobby gives Toby money.
(d) Bobby lets Toby drink with him and Norma.
4. What does Skipper's car look like when he returns from Mexico?
(a) The upholstery is beautiful.
(b) It has been destroyed by a sandstorm.
(c) Skipper doesn't return.
(d) Skipper was sold cheap leather upholstery.
5. Who takes Toby to his basketball games when Rosemary is working?
(c) Toby walks to his games.
(d) Norma and Bobby Crow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dwight find in the trash that prompts him to hit Toby?
2. Toby says the Irish tenor in the Champagne Orchestra is singing for his life. This mirrors how Toby feels about:
3. How does Dwight react when a friend of Rosemary's tells her he will get her a job out east?
4. What does Toby buy at a drugstore?
5. What do Pearl and Toby NOT do while waiting in the car for Dwight and Rosemary?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)