|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Citizenship in the School (pgs. 222-228).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toby want Roy's Winchester .22 rifle?
(a) He wants to shoot at cats in the churchyard.
(b) He wants to impress his friends.
(c) Toby believes it will give him a powerful, manly identity.
(d) Having Roy's rifle would be an honor.
2. How does Dwight react when a friend of Rosemary's tells her he will get her a job out east?
(a) Dwight attacks Rosemary's friend.
(b) Dwight drives Rosemary to a secluded area, drinks a bottle of liquor, and holds a knife to her neck for several hours.
(c) Dwight asks Rosemary's friend to find a job for him as well.
(d) Dwight threatens to kill Toby if Rosemary moves.
3. What does Dwight do when Toby walks by the makeshift practice range in the hallway?
(a) Waits until Toby is gone to continue shooting.
(b) Aims the barrel of his gun at Toby until Toby leaves the room.
(c) Shoots at Toby but misses due to his poor aim.
(d) Yells at Toby to get out of the way.
4. After getting Dwight's car stuck in a ditch, Toby sings instead of cursing because:
(a) Champion becomes upset when Toby swears.
(b) It makes him feel better than cursing.
(c) An older woman hears him curse and scolds him.
(d) He remembers how Sister James frowned on cursing.
5. Why doesn't Rosemary allow Marian to set Toby straight?
(a) Rosemary says Toby is a good kid, and she doesn't believe in discipline.
(b) Rosemary doesn't believe Toby is acting poorly.
(c) Rosemary feels Marian is encroaching on her parenting.
(d) Rosemary doesn't care what Toby does.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kenneth spends all of his time in Dwight's house:
2. What does Norma ask Rosemary?
3. Why does Toby feel good about hitting Arthur?
4. What does Arthur say that causes Toby to make fun of Arthur's weight?
5. Toby's older friends are most interested in:
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)