|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Citizenship in the School (pgs. 222-228).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Boy Scout Gathering of the Tribes, Toby plans to:
(a) Win every competition.
(b) Run away to Alaska.
(c) Steal Dwight's car and leave Dwight in Seattle.
(d) Try to be made an Eagle Scout.
2. What does Dwight blame his poor aim on at the rifle club?
(c) The guns.
(d) Bad eyesight.
3. What does Toby's mother do when she feels guilty about how he is treated?
(a) Tells him how much she loves him.
(b) Tries to buy his affection.
(c) Promises she will try to change.
(d) Justifies his treatment by saying, "That's the way life is."
4. What event prompts Toby to rethink forgiving his father for abandoning him?
(a) Toby and his father meet again and do not get along.
(b) The birth of Toby's first child.
(c) Dwight constantly belittles Toby's father.
(d) Rosemary admitting to Toby that his father never liked him.
5. Whenever Rosemary suggests that Toby go for a ride with Dwight, all Toby can think of is:
(a) Every time he's ridden with Dwight when Dwight is drunk.
(b) Dwight taking Champion for a ride in the car and shooting him.
(c) Bearing the consequences of his mother's actions.
(d) Realizing that his mother doesn't love him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosemary say to Toby about Dwight after meeting him?
2. Why does Toby want Roy's Winchester .22 rifle?
3. What is ironic about Dwight forcing Toby to admit he is a liar?
4. Why does Skipper go to Tijuana, Mexico?
5. Toby says the Irish tenor in the Champagne Orchestra is singing for his life. This mirrors how Toby feels about:
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)