|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Citizenship in the School (pgs. 181-191).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of Dwight's story about the salmon that risk their lives on their journey to Chinook, spawn, and then die?
(a) Unlike Rosemary, Dwight believes it takes hard work and determination to get what you want.
(b) The same will happen to Toby and his mother if they move to Chinook.
(c) Life is a long and ultimately fruitless journey.
(d) Dwight would like to take Toby fishing.
2. Why does Norma start dating Kenneth after high school?
(a) Kenneth is on track to be more successful.
(b) Bobby Crow ends their relationship.
(c) She loves Bobby Crow, but he will not leave his Indian camp.
(d) Dwight makes derogatory comments about Bobby Crow.
3. What year is the Ford that Skipper works through high school to rebuild?
4. When Toby falls from a tree branch down a concrete hill, what demonstrates his disinterest in saving his own life?
(a) His hands are in his pockets.
(b) Climbing the tree branch.
(c) He does not cry for help.
(d) Drinking Hawaiian Punch and vodka.
5. Kenneth spends all of his time in Dwight's house:
(a) Insulting the family.
(b) Making snide comments about the Christmas tree.
(d) Goading Toby into a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Toby and the rest of the Archery Club shoot at?
2. What does Rosemary say to Toby about Dwight after meeting him?
3. Why does Toby allow others to think he won the fight with Arthur?
4. Why doesn't Rosemary live with Toby and Dwight?
5. Which of the following is most symbolic of Toby's life with Dwight?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)