|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Citizenship in the Home (pgs 117-125).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toby's mother decide where they are moving?
(a) She picks a city at random.
(b) She asks Toby where he would like to live.
(c) She has a job prospect in another state.
(d) Friends have invited her to stay with them.
2. What is the condition under which Toby's mother agrees to let him change his name?
(a) He spends more time with her and her boyfriend.
(b) He will concentrate harder on his schoolwork.
(c) He does more chores around the house.
(d) He agrees to complete catechism classes.
3. What does Toby's mother believe she will get a job doing in Utah?
(b) Mining uranium.
(c) Managing a hotel.
4. Toby braces himself "for the next curve" at the end of Chapter 3. Which of the following does this NOT refer to?
(a) The dangerous life curve his mother has put him on.
(b) Toby's opportunity to start a better life.
(c) Literally, the next curve in the road.
(d) The next curveball Dwight throws him.
5. Why does Rosemary continue to make bad choices?
(a) She will not see things for what they are.
(b) She has no confidence in herself.
(c) She is lazy.
(d) She believes her actions have no consequences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Dwight and Toby pretend to have a normal family relationship when Rosemary visits?
2. What does the principal say when he notices nicotine on Toby's fingers?
3. Why doesn't Rosemary live with Toby and Dwight?
4. Where do Toby and his mother settle?
5. Why do Toby and his mother leave Moab, Utah?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)