|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Citizenship in the Home (pgs. 95-106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dwight make Toby do to keep him busy?
(a) His homework.
(b) Find odd jobs around the neighborhood.
(c) Clean the house.
(d) Husk horse chestnuts and get a paper route.
2. What does Toby tell his mother happened to the squirrel he shot?
(a) He does not know how the squirrel died.
(b) A friend from school dared him to shoot it.
(c) Roy killed the squirrel.
(d) Toby shot it.
3. What does Toby say while in the bathroom that he did over Thanksgiving?
(a) Visited his mother's boyfriend in Chinook.
(b) Shot and killed a turkey.
(c) Won a shooting contest.
(d) Kissed a girl.
4. How does Toby view his move to Chinook?
(a) A bad thing.
(b) An opportunity to create a new identity.
(c) A chance to make new friends.
(d) A chance to have a real family.
5. Toby braces himself "for the next curve" at the end of Chapter 3. Which of the following does this NOT refer to?
(a) Literally, the next curve in the road.
(b) The next curveball Dwight throws him.
(c) Toby's opportunity to start a better life.
(d) The dangerous life curve his mother has put him on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gil call Toby?
2. Where does the vice principal accuse Toby of vandalizing the bathroom wall?
3. When Toby's mother was little, she rode in a parade float called the "End of the Rainbow." What does this suggest about Toby's mother?
4. What is the condition under which Toby's mother agrees to let him change his name?
5. Why does Toby like playing with the rifle?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)