|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Citizenship in the Home (pgs. 95-106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts Toby to convince his mother to buy him souvenirs?
(a) Toby is taunted by other children and feels snubbed.
(b) Toby witnesses a truck drive over a cliff.
(c) Toby discovers he has lost all his toys in their move.
(d) His mother secures a job that pays well.
2. Why doesn't Marian approve of Gil?
(a) She doesn't like his car.
(b) She thinks Toby's mother can do better.
(c) He honks the car horn instead of coming to the door.
(d) Gil insults her.
3. What does the principal say when he notices nicotine on Toby's fingers?
(a) He talks about digging through trash cans for a cigarette.
(b) He accuses Toby of smoking.
(d) He asks Rosemary if she bought cigarettes for her son.
4. When Toby's mother was little, she rode in a parade float called the "End of the Rainbow." What does this suggest about Toby's mother?
(a) Her life will be filled with wonderful things.
(b) Toby's mother had a privileged childhood.
(c) Toby's mother is Irish.
(d) Riding on the float is the last happy moment she had.
5. Why do Toby and his mother believe they will be successful in Utah?
(a) Housing is cheap.
(b) Toby's mother has received a promising job offer.
(c) They have had it rough and deserve some good luck.
(d) The job market is very healthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toby's mother's name?
2. What do Toby and the rest of the Archery Club shoot at?
3. What is Toby's punishment for vandalizing the bathroom?
4. What is ironic about Dwight forcing Toby to admit he is a liar?
5. What is NOT one of the reasons Toby wears his hair slicked back?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)