|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Citizenship in the Home (pgs. 95-106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the principal say when he notices nicotine on Toby's fingers?
(a) He asks Rosemary if she bought cigarettes for her son.
(b) He talks about digging through trash cans for a cigarette.
(d) He accuses Toby of smoking.
2. Why doesn't Toby like Dwight?
(a) Because Dwight tries to discipline Toby.
(b) Because Dwight is a pleaser.
(c) Because Toby is afraid Dwight will make them move.
(d) Because Dwight is mean to Toby.
3. Why does it upset Toby when Pearl throws her arms around Rosemary?
(a) Toby is afraid Dwight won't like it.
(b) Pearl is doing it to annoy Toby.
(c) Toby thinks his mother will like Pearl better than him.
(d) Toby doesn't want to have to compete with anyone else for his mother's attention.
4. Toby braces himself "for the next curve" at the end of Chapter 3. Which of the following does this NOT refer to?
(a) Toby's opportunity to start a better life.
(b) The next curveball Dwight throws him.
(c) Literally, the next curve in the road.
(d) The dangerous life curve his mother has put him on.
5. How does Toby view his move to Chinook?
(a) An opportunity to create a new identity.
(b) A chance to make new friends.
(c) A chance to have a real family.
(d) A bad thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dwight react when Rosemary wins the turkey shoot?
2. What is the upsetting question Roy asks Toby?
3. What does Toby's mother do when she feels guilty about how he is treated?
4. Why do Toby and his mother leave Moab, Utah?
5. What does Dwight make Toby do to keep him busy?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)