|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Uncool (pgs. 57-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toby's mother make him promise before he can have Roy's rifle?
(a) That he will never shoot anything with it.
(b) That he will never load it.
(c) That he will give it to his son someday.
(d) That he will never touch it when he is alone.
2. Why does the housekeeper's boyfriend show Toby pictures of his friends and corpses?
(a) Toby wants to be a Marine when he grows up.
(b) He wants Toby to like him.
(c) He hopes they'll keep Toby out of the military.
(d) Toby's father was in the military.
3. What is the name of the nun who teaches Toby's catechism class?
(a) Sister Patrick.
(b) Sister Paul.
(c) Sister James.
(d) Sister Roberts.
4. Why do Toby and his mother believe they will be successful in Utah?
(a) The job market is very healthy.
(b) Toby's mother has received a promising job offer.
(c) They have had it rough and deserve some good luck.
(d) Housing is cheap.
5. What does Toby tell his mother happened to the squirrel he shot?
(a) A friend from school dared him to shoot it.
(b) Toby shot it.
(c) He does not know how the squirrel died.
(d) Roy killed the squirrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Roy go with Toby and his mother when they move?
2. What are the names of the two boys Toby hangs out with?
3. Why doesn't Rosemary allow Marian to set Toby straight?
4. Why do Toby and his mother leave Moab, Utah?
5. Why are Toby and his mother leaving Florida for Utah?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)