|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Uncool (pgs. 57-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Toby and his mother settle?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona.
(b) Austin, Texas.
(c) Seattle, Washington.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
2. Why does Toby's mother agree to let Gil buy Toby a bike?
(a) She can't afford to buy him a bike herself.
(b) She won't get alone time with Gil unless Toby gets his way.
(c) She wants Toby to have toys like other boys his age.
(d) She thinks it will make Toby like her.
3. Why do Toby and his mother go to a house belonging to two strange men?
(a) Toby's mother is interested in buying the house.
(b) The men invite them to dinner.
(c) Toby needs to use the bathroom.
(d) The men invite them to watch a mock naval battle.
4. What do Rosemary and Toby do when they leave the West Seattle apartment?
(a) Move in with Gil.
(b) Return to live with Roy.
(c) Find a different apartment.
(d) Move into a house scheduled for demolition.
5. What is Toby's favorite after school activity?
(a) Writing letters to his penpal.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Reading comic books.
(d) Pretending to shoot people with his rifle from inside the apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition under which Toby's mother agrees to let him change his name?
2. What do Toby and his mother do during the evenings?
3. Why does Rosemary continue to make bad choices?
4. What does Toby's mother believe she will get a job doing in Utah?
5. What is the upsetting question Roy asks Toby?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)