|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Uncool (pgs. 57-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the housekeeper's boyfriend show Toby pictures of his friends and corpses?
(a) He wants Toby to like him.
(b) He hopes they'll keep Toby out of the military.
(c) Toby's father was in the military.
(d) Toby wants to be a Marine when he grows up.
2. Why does Toby want to change his name?
(a) He thinks Toby is a girl's name.
(b) He wants to have the same name as his mother's boyfriend.
(c) He wants to seem more mature.
(d) He believes it will change his identity and problems.
3. Why is Toby afraid to say anything bad about Roy when his mother asks what he thinks about leaving Roy?
(a) Toby doesn't want to talk about Roy behind his back.
(b) Toby is afraid his mother will tell Roy, and Roy will take it out on Toby.
(c) Toby is afraid his mother will use it against him if she and Roy get back together.
(d) Toby thinks he will not be allowed to take the rifle if he says he doesn't like Roy.
4. What is the upsetting question Roy asks Toby?
(a) If Toby had been playing with the gun unsupervised.
(b) What Toby would think of having a little brother.
(c) If Toby wanted to go on a trip with Roy.
(d) How much Toby loved his mother.
5. Which of the following did Rosemary's father NOT do?
(a) Drive away boys Rosemary liked.
(b) Torture his wife.
(c) Force Rosemary to smoke so she would stay thin.
(d) Behave like a loving parent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toby's favorite after school activity?
2. What is the name of the nun who teaches Toby's catechism class?
3. Why do Toby and his mother go to a house belonging to two strange men?
4. Why are Toby and his mother leaving Florida for Utah?
5. What happens when Toby's mother returns from dinner with Gil?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)