|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Uncool (pgs. 57-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toby tell his mother happened to the squirrel he shot?
(a) A friend from school dared him to shoot it.
(b) He does not know how the squirrel died.
(c) Roy killed the squirrel.
(d) Toby shot it.
2. Why is Toby afraid to say anything bad about Roy when his mother asks what he thinks about leaving Roy?
(a) Toby doesn't want to talk about Roy behind his back.
(b) Toby thinks he will not be allowed to take the rifle if he says he doesn't like Roy.
(c) Toby is afraid his mother will tell Roy, and Roy will take it out on Toby.
(d) Toby is afraid his mother will use it against him if she and Roy get back together.
3. Why do Toby and his mother believe they will be successful in Utah?
(a) Toby's mother has received a promising job offer.
(b) The job market is very healthy.
(c) They have had it rough and deserve some good luck.
(d) Housing is cheap.
4. Why does Toby's mother agree to let Gil buy Toby a bike?
(a) She can't afford to buy him a bike herself.
(b) She wants Toby to have toys like other boys his age.
(c) She won't get alone time with Gil unless Toby gets his way.
(d) She thinks it will make Toby like her.
5. Why doesn't Rosemary allow Marian to set Toby straight?
(a) Rosemary doesn't believe Toby is acting poorly.
(b) Rosemary says Toby is a good kid, and she doesn't believe in discipline.
(c) Rosemary feels Marian is encroaching on her parenting.
(d) Rosemary doesn't care what Toby does.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the housekeeper's boyfriend show Toby pictures of his friends and corpses?
2. What happens when Toby's mother returns from dinner with Gil?
3. What is the upsetting question Roy asks Toby?
4. Which of the following did Rosemary's father NOT do?
5. What is the name of the nun who teaches Toby's catechism class?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)