|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Uncool (pgs. 57-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What television show does Toby watch every day with his friends?
(a) American Idol.
(b) American Bandstand.
(c) The Mickey Mouse Club.
(d) Seattle Bandstand.
2. What do Roy and Toby do every day?
(a) Make dinner before Toby's mother comes home.
(b) Wait for Toby's mother to follow her home from work.
(c) Shoot cans.
(d) Read a book.
3. What does Toby's mother do when she feels guilty about how he is treated?
(a) Promises she will try to change.
(b) Tells him how much she loves him.
(c) Justifies his treatment by saying, "That's the way life is."
(d) Tries to buy his affection.
4. Why do Toby and his mother go to a house belonging to two strange men?
(a) The men invite them to dinner.
(b) Toby's mother is interested in buying the house.
(c) The men invite them to watch a mock naval battle.
(d) Toby needs to use the bathroom.
5. What prompts Toby to convince his mother to buy him souvenirs?
(a) His mother secures a job that pays well.
(b) Toby discovers he has lost all his toys in their move.
(c) Toby witnesses a truck drive over a cliff.
(d) Toby is taunted by other children and feels snubbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Toby and his mother do during the evenings?
2. Why does the housekeeper's boyfriend show Toby pictures of his friends and corpses?
3. What does Toby tell his mother happened to the squirrel he shot?
4. Why does Toby want to change his name?
5. What did the note from Sister James say?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)