|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Uncool (pgs. 37-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Toby and his mother leaving Florida for Utah?
(a) They are trying to escape Toby's mother's boyfriend.
(b) Toby's father lives in Utah.
(c) Toby's mother has been offered a job in Utah.
(d) Toby's mother thinks Toby will receive a better education there.
2. What does Toby's mother do when she feels guilty about how he is treated?
(a) Tries to buy his affection.
(b) Justifies his treatment by saying, "That's the way life is."
(c) Tells him how much she loves him.
(d) Promises she will try to change.
3. What is the upsetting question Roy asks Toby?
(a) If Toby had been playing with the gun unsupervised.
(b) What Toby would think of having a little brother.
(c) If Toby wanted to go on a trip with Roy.
(d) How much Toby loved his mother.
4. What is NOT one of the reasons Toby wears his hair slicked back?
(a) Both his friends wear their hair the same way.
(b) His mother doesn't like it.
(c) Toby thinks it makes him look cool.
(d) He can only wash it once a week.
5. What do Toby and the rest of the Archery Club shoot at?
(a) Cats and each other.
(b) Tin cans and trash bags.
(c) Cats and dogs.
(d) Each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Toby and his mother do during the evenings?
2. What do Roy and Toby do every day?
3. What does Toby tell his mother happened to the squirrel he shot?
4. Why does Toby want to change his name?
5. When Toby's mother was little, she rode in a parade float called the "End of the Rainbow." What does this suggest about Toby's mother?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)