|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Uncool (pgs. 37-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toby want to change his name?
(a) He believes it will change his identity and problems.
(b) He thinks Toby is a girl's name.
(c) He wants to have the same name as his mother's boyfriend.
(d) He wants to seem more mature.
2. What does Toby's mother make him promise before he can have Roy's rifle?
(a) That he will never load it.
(b) That he will give it to his son someday.
(c) That he will never touch it when he is alone.
(d) That he will never shoot anything with it.
3. Why does Toby want Roy's Winchester .22 rifle?
(a) He wants to impress his friends.
(b) He wants to shoot at cats in the churchyard.
(c) Toby believes it will give him a powerful, manly identity.
(d) Having Roy's rifle would be an honor.
4. What does Toby's mother do when she feels guilty about how he is treated?
(a) Tells him how much she loves him.
(b) Promises she will try to change.
(c) Justifies his treatment by saying, "That's the way life is."
(d) Tries to buy his affection.
5. What do Toby and the rest of the Archery Club shoot at?
(a) Tin cans and trash bags.
(b) Cats and dogs.
(c) Cats and each other.
(d) Each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition under which Toby's mother agrees to let him change his name?
2. How does Toby's mother decide where they are moving?
3. When Toby's mother was little, she rode in a parade float called the "End of the Rainbow." What does this suggest about Toby's mother?
4. Why does the housekeeper's boyfriend show Toby pictures of his friends and corpses?
5. Why do Toby and his mother leave Moab, Utah?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)