|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Uncool (pgs. 37-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Toby's mother want him to take the rifle to Seattle with them?
(a) She's afraid it will cause trouble.
(b) She doesn't think Toby deserves to have the rifle.
(c) She doesn't like guns, and it won't fit in the car.
(d) She thinks Toby likes Roy better than he likes her.
2. Why is Toby afraid to say anything bad about Roy when his mother asks what he thinks about leaving Roy?
(a) Toby thinks he will not be allowed to take the rifle if he says he doesn't like Roy.
(b) Toby is afraid his mother will tell Roy, and Roy will take it out on Toby.
(c) Toby is afraid his mother will use it against him if she and Roy get back together.
(d) Toby doesn't want to talk about Roy behind his back.
3. How does Toby's mother decide where they are moving?
(a) Friends have invited her to stay with them.
(b) She asks Toby where he would like to live.
(c) She has a job prospect in another state.
(d) She picks a city at random.
4. What do Toby and the rest of the Archery Club shoot at?
(a) Each other.
(b) Cats and each other.
(c) Cats and dogs.
(d) Tin cans and trash bags.
5. What are the names of the two boys Toby hangs out with?
(a) Mark and Shawn.
(b) Terry and Terry.
(c) Dwight and Roy.
(d) Arthur and Skipper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toby like playing with the rifle?
2. What do Roy and Toby do every day?
3. What does Toby's mother do when she feels guilty about how he is treated?
4. Why does Toby want to change his name?
5. What is NOT one of the reasons Toby wears his hair slicked back?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)