|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Citizenship in the School (pgs. 229-233).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toby remain on morphine while he is in the hospital?
(a) He sweet-talks a nurse into giving it to him.
(b) Dwight wants him to, so that Toby won't say anything about his terrible home life.
(c) The physical pain is too much to bear.
(d) It keeps him from thinking and worrying.
2. Why does Toby allow others to think he won the fight with Arthur?
(a) So other kids won't mess with Toby.
(b) To make a reputation as a cool kid.
(c) To gain Dwight's approval.
(d) To separate himself from Arthur.
3. What are the names of the two boys Toby hangs out with?
(a) Dwight and Roy.
(b) Arthur and Skipper.
(c) Terry and Terry.
(d) Mark and Shawn.
4. When Toby falls from a tree branch down a concrete hill, what demonstrates his disinterest in saving his own life?
(a) His hands are in his pockets.
(b) Drinking Hawaiian Punch and vodka.
(c) Climbing the tree branch.
(d) He does not cry for help.
5. What does Mr. Howard think will be difficult for Toby to adjust to at Hill?
(a) The strict teachers.
(b) The curriculum.
(c) The students and the hard winters.
(d) Being so far from his family and friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Toby gets angry with his children?
2. What does Dwight do when Toby walks by the makeshift practice range in the hallway?
3. What do Toby and his mother do during the evenings?
4. How does Dwight react to Toby's involvement in the fight?
5. What is ironic about Dwight forcing Toby to admit he is a liar?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)