|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Citizenship in the School (pgs. 229-233).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toby remain on morphine while he is in the hospital?
(a) The physical pain is too much to bear.
(b) Dwight wants him to, so that Toby won't say anything about his terrible home life.
(c) It keeps him from thinking and worrying.
(d) He sweet-talks a nurse into giving it to him.
2. What is the upsetting question Roy asks Toby?
(a) How much Toby loved his mother.
(b) What Toby would think of having a little brother.
(c) If Toby wanted to go on a trip with Roy.
(d) If Toby had been playing with the gun unsupervised.
3. Toby is crushed when he realizes that Bobby and Norma were having sex while he played basketball. What does this prompt Toby to fantasize about?
(a) Beating Bobby up.
(b) Hitting Norma for betraying him, and then forgiving her.
(c) Getting horribly injured in Norma's presence and being nursed back to health by her.
(d) Winning a basketball game to get Norma's attention.
4. What does Norma ask Rosemary?
(a) How to raise a family.
(b) What advice Rosemary can give Norma about marrying Kenneth.
(c) How old Rosemary was when she first married.
(d) Why Rosemary married Dwight.
5. Whenever Rosemary suggests that Toby go for a ride with Dwight, all Toby can think of is:
(a) Bearing the consequences of his mother's actions.
(b) Dwight taking Champion for a ride in the car and shooting him.
(c) Realizing that his mother doesn't love him.
(d) Every time he's ridden with Dwight when Dwight is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toby want to change his name?
2. How does Toby view his move to Chinook?
3. What are the names of the two boys Toby hangs out with?
4. What is Geoffrey's plan for Toby?
5. What does Dwight do on the drive to Chinook?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)