|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Citizenship in the Home (pgs. 145-154).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toby says the Irish tenor in the Champagne Orchestra is singing for his life. This mirrors how Toby feels about:
(a) His struggles to create new identities.
(b) His relationship with his father.
(c) His mother's attitude toward their life.
(d) His interactions with Dwight.
2. Why doesn't Rosemary allow Marian to set Toby straight?
(a) Rosemary doesn't care what Toby does.
(b) Rosemary doesn't believe Toby is acting poorly.
(c) Rosemary says Toby is a good kid, and she doesn't believe in discipline.
(d) Rosemary feels Marian is encroaching on her parenting.
3. Why doesn't Toby like Dwight?
(a) Because Dwight is mean to Toby.
(b) Because Dwight is a pleaser.
(c) Because Dwight tries to discipline Toby.
(d) Because Toby is afraid Dwight will make them move.
4. What is the upsetting question Roy asks Toby?
(a) If Toby wanted to go on a trip with Roy.
(b) If Toby had been playing with the gun unsupervised.
(c) What Toby would think of having a little brother.
(d) How much Toby loved his mother.
5. What is ironic about Dwight forcing Toby to admit he is a liar?
(a) Toby was not lying when he said he felt sick to his stomach.
(b) Dwight is able to make Toby behave, while Rosemary cannot.
(c) Dwight has done nothing but lie since Toby met him.
(d) Toby lies about the lies he tells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toby is crushed when he realizes that Bobby and Norma were having sex while he played basketball. What does this prompt Toby to fantasize about?
2. What happens during the game against Van Horn?
3. How does Toby view his move to Chinook?
4. Why doesn't Roy go with Toby and his mother when they move?
5. How does Toby's mother decide where they are moving?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)