|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Citizenship in the Home (pgs. 145-154).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dwight do on the drive to Chinook?
(a) He hits a beaver walking across the road.
(b) He asks questions about Rosemary.
(c) He tells Toby how happy he is to have Toby in his life.
(d) He talks with Toby and asks about his interests.
2. What does Dwight do at the tavern in Marblemount?
(a) Asks for directions.
(b) Becomes extremely drunk.
(c) Tries to sell the beaver pelt.
(d) Brings Toby inside and buys him dinner.
3. What do Rosemary and Toby do when they leave the West Seattle apartment?
(a) Move into a house scheduled for demolition.
(b) Find a different apartment.
(c) Move in with Gil.
(d) Return to live with Roy.
4. Toby is crushed when he realizes that Bobby and Norma were having sex while he played basketball. What does this prompt Toby to fantasize about?
(a) Getting horribly injured in Norma's presence and being nursed back to health by her.
(b) Winning a basketball game to get Norma's attention.
(c) Beating Bobby up.
(d) Hitting Norma for betraying him, and then forgiving her.
5. How does Toby's mother decide where they are moving?
(a) She has a job prospect in another state.
(b) She picks a city at random.
(c) She asks Toby where he would like to live.
(d) Friends have invited her to stay with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toby says the Irish tenor in the Champagne Orchestra is singing for his life. This mirrors how Toby feels about:
2. What is the upsetting question Roy asks Toby?
3. Who takes Toby to his basketball games when Rosemary is working?
4. What happens during the game against Van Horn?
5. Toby braces himself "for the next curve" at the end of Chapter 3. Which of the following does this NOT refer to?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)