|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Citizenship in the School (pgs. 215-221).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of Dwight's story about the salmon that risk their lives on their journey to Chinook, spawn, and then die?
(a) The same will happen to Toby and his mother if they move to Chinook.
(b) Life is a long and ultimately fruitless journey.
(c) Unlike Rosemary, Dwight believes it takes hard work and determination to get what you want.
(d) Dwight would like to take Toby fishing.
2. When does Toby get excited about the fight?
(a) When he hears the crowd chanting his name.
(b) When Mr. Mitchell assigns him to the fight.
(c) He doesn't get excited about the fight.
(d) When Dwight shows him a special move.
3. Why does it upset Toby when Pearl throws her arms around Rosemary?
(a) Toby is afraid Dwight won't like it.
(b) Toby doesn't want to have to compete with anyone else for his mother's attention.
(c) Pearl is doing it to annoy Toby.
(d) Toby thinks his mother will like Pearl better than him.
4. Why does Toby say he wants to kill Dwight?
(a) To win Norma's approval.
(b) To shut Dwight up.
(c) To hurt Rosemary.
(d) To keep Dwight from hurting Rosemary.
5. Which of the following does not bother Toby about Arthur?
(a) Arthur has a girlfriend and Toby does not.
(b) Arthur never talks to or looks at his girlfriend.
(c) The one person who really knows Toby is out of his life.
(d) Arthur doesn't put his true self forward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dwight and his family live?
2. What does Dwight do when Toby walks by the makeshift practice range in the hallway?
3. When Dwight drives drunk after visiting Marblemount tavern, Pearl grabs Toby when Dwight takes sharp curves. What does this show about Pearl and Toby's relationship?
4. What do Pearl and Toby do when Rosemary takes their picture?
5. What does Dwight blame his poor aim on at the rifle club?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)