|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Citizenship in the School (pgs. 215-221).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toby steal money to do?
(a) Save for college.
(b) Run away from home.
(c) Buy a better gun.
(d) Buy new shoes.
2. What is the significance of Dwight's story about the salmon that risk their lives on their journey to Chinook, spawn, and then die?
(a) Unlike Rosemary, Dwight believes it takes hard work and determination to get what you want.
(b) Life is a long and ultimately fruitless journey.
(c) The same will happen to Toby and his mother if they move to Chinook.
(d) Dwight would like to take Toby fishing.
3. Why won't Rosemary speak to Toby after the fight?
(a) She is ashamed of him.
(b) She doesn't want to encourage him to fight.
(c) She had bet money that Toby would win.
(d) She is angry at Dwight for showing Toby how to fight.
4. Why does Toby feel good about hitting Arthur?
(a) Fighting makes him feel powerful.
(b) He has grown to hate Arthur.
(c) He thinks it will make him more popular in school.
(d) It is the first time Dwight views Toby in a way that makes him feel loved.
5. What does Rosemary say to Toby about Dwight after meeting him?
(a) She reminds Toby that Marian thinks she needs to be married.
(b) She thinks it would be good for Toby to have a father figure and siblings.
(c) Dwight would like to adopt Toby as his son.
(d) Dwight reminds Rosemary of her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dwight drives drunk after visiting Marblemount tavern, Pearl grabs Toby when Dwight takes sharp curves. What does this show about Pearl and Toby's relationship?
2. When does Toby get excited about the fight?
3. What do Pearl and Toby do when Rosemary takes their picture?
4. What do Pearl and Toby NOT do while waiting in the car for Dwight and Rosemary?
5. Why does Toby say he wants to kill Dwight?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)