|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Citizenship in the School (pgs. 215-221).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a smoker?
(a) The school's slang for students who smoke.
(b) A type of fish.
(c) A place where students go to smoke.
(d) The boxing fights Mr. Mitchell oversees.
2. What does Dwight do when Toby walks by the makeshift practice range in the hallway?
(a) Aims the barrel of his gun at Toby until Toby leaves the room.
(b) Yells at Toby to get out of the way.
(c) Waits until Toby is gone to continue shooting.
(d) Shoots at Toby but misses due to his poor aim.
3. What do Pearl and Toby NOT do while waiting in the car for Dwight and Rosemary?
(a) Tell stories.
(b) Sing the words to American Bandstand.
(c) Try to drive each other crazy.
(d) Listen to the radio.
4. When does Toby get excited about the fight?
(a) When Dwight shows him a special move.
(b) When he hears the crowd chanting his name.
(c) He doesn't get excited about the fight.
(d) When Mr. Mitchell assigns him to the fight.
5. What does Toby steal money to do?
(a) Buy a better gun.
(b) Buy new shoes.
(c) Save for college.
(d) Run away from home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of Dwight's story about the salmon that risk their lives on their journey to Chinook, spawn, and then die?
2. What does Dwight blame his poor aim on at the rifle club?
3. Why does Toby say he wants to kill Dwight?
4. How does Dwight react when Rosemary wins the turkey shoot?
5. Why won't Rosemary speak to Toby after the fight?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)