|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the student as he leaves the room on an errand for Mr. Porter?
2. What is on the last tape?
3. What does Mr. Porter ask a student to do?
4. What appeals to Clay as he looks at the menu?
5. Which side of Cassette 4 is playing in Part 5?
Essay Topic 1
How is Bryce Walker a major character in this story?
1) List Hannah's interactions with Bryce in the book.
2) How have those interactions influenced Hannah's choices?
3) List Clay's interactions with Bryce in the book.
4) How have the memories of those interactions changed Clay?
Use examples from the text to answer the the question.
Essay Topic 2
Clay finds a picture of Hannah and Courtney in the Scribble Book at Monet's, later he realizes that Tyler is the person who put the picture in the book.
1) Who took the picture of the girls?
2) Why was it taken?
3) What was the significance of the picture to Hannah? What did it represent to her?
4) Why might Tyler have put the picture in the book? Does it indicate how he felt after listening to the tapes?
5) Do you think Tyler was changed by Hannah's death and tapes? Why or why not?
Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Hannah's intimacy with Bryce in Courtney's hot tub was self punishment. Why would Hannah feel she needed to be punished? What feelings about herself did Hannah reinforce by being with Bryce? What was Clay's explanation for Hannah's behavior with Bryce? Provide examples from the text in your answer.
This section contains 1,589 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)