|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tony want to know when he first received the tapes?
2. When does Hannah say she is going to kill herself?
3. What did Tony realize after listening to the tapes?
4. What appeals to Clay as he looks at the menu?
5. What bothered the class about the note Hannah left?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Hannah anonymously asked the Peer Communications teacher to discuss suicide?
2. Why did Hannah like Peer Communications class?
3. What did Hannah do once she arrived at Courtney's house?
4. Why was Tony waiting for Clay outside of Rosie's diner?
5. How did Tony become responsible for the tapes?
6. What are the two reasons that Clay is late for school for the first time in his life?
7. What does Clay not want to have to do when he gets to school?
8. What are the last words that Clay remembers speaking to Hannah?
9. What does Clay think about as he goes to his locker?
10. Why did Hannah include Clay in her tapes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is certain that many people negatively affected Hannah's life. She was betrayed and treated poorly by a number of people she trusted and others that she didn't trust. However, Hannah seems to have made some choices throughout the book that put her in harm's way.
Give 5 examples of how Hannah put herself in situations where she could be treated poorly.
1) Explain what Hannah could have done differently.
2) Why do you think Hannah did these things?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Hannah's first kiss with Justin to Clay's memories of her first kiss with him. How did Hannah feel about the kisses? How did Clay feel about the kisses? What happened after Hannah kissed Justin? What does Clay remember happening after Hannah kissed him? How did Hannah feel about Justin's bragging? Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Mr. Porter and why is he included in the story? Do you think Mr. Porter cared about Hannah? Why or why not? What more could Mr. Porter have done to help Hannah? Is it fair that Mr. Porter is on the list and on the tapes? Why or why not? Do you think that Hannah could have allowed Mr. Porter to help her if she had been more open with him the day they met in his office? Why or why not?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)