|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened once Hannah's poem was published?
2. What took place on Cottonwood Street?
3. Where does Clay go instead of Courtney's house?
4. Where is Clay when he listens to the last tape?
5. Besides Hannah, who else could have helped Jessica?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Clay see walking down the hall at school?
2. How did Tony become responsible for the tapes?
3. What is Tony doing that causes Clay to pay him attention in the diner? Is his behavior odd?
4. Why is it ironic that Hannah asks the listener not to give up on her at the beginning of Cassette 6, Side B?
5. Why did Hannah include Clay in her tapes?
6. What happened to Jessica at the Cottonwood party?
7. What did Zach do to betray Hannah's trust?
8. Why does Clay believe people won't say sorry to Hannah even after she is dead?
9. What does Clay think about as he goes to his locker?
10. What are two signs of suicide that Hannah has displayed up to this point?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Hannah damaged Clay's feelings about himself? Do you think this was her intent when she included him in the tapes? How do you know? Should Clay (or any of the others) feel partially responsible for Hannah's death? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Who is Hannah and why has she created the set of tapes?
2) How does Clay feel about receiving the tapes? How do you know he feels this way?
3) What is so shocking about Hannah's tapes?
4) Why do you think Clay received the tapes? What do you think he may have done to Hannah?
Essay Topic 3
How many things that happen to Hannah in the story are a direct result of her loss of reputation? How is she treated differently by boys? Who has treated her differently? How was she treated differently by girls? Even if the rumors about Hannah and Justin were true, would she have deserved this type of treatment? Why or why not? Do you think that the author is trying to make a statement? If so, what statement is he trying to make?
Use examples from the text to answer the questions.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)