|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clay go instead of Courtney's house?
2. What does Clay ask Tony as they are driving?
3. What is on the last tape?
4. What does Tony do as he is pulling out of the parking lot?
5. What does Hannah say to the person who approached her after Marcus left?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What has Clay learned about himself, and about Hannah, by the end of the book?
1) Who does Clay blame for Hannah's death?
2) Does he feel that things were as hopeless as Hannah thought?
3) What actions does Clay take as a result of Hannah's tapes?
4) What has Clay learned about himself?
Use examples from the text to explain your answers.
Essay Topic 2
1) Who is Hannah and why has she created the set of tapes?
2) How does Clay feel about receiving the tapes? How do you know he feels this way?
3) What is so shocking about Hannah's tapes?
4) Why do you think Clay received the tapes? What do you think he may have done to Hannah?
Essay Topic 3
As Clay goes to Hannah's house, the first stop on her map, he recalls a fatal car accident he witnessed on the same street. A man was talking on the phone when he hit another car. The driver of the other car, a senior in high school, died. Clay realizes that the man lived in Hannah's old house.
Why do you think the author included this memory in the story?
What might this event represent?
How do you think the memory might tie into the story later?
Does this information make you more interested in the story? Less interested?
This section contains 1,589 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)