|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Justin do when Jessica passes out?
2. How does Hannah feel about her conversation with Mr. Porter?
3. Where was Hannah invited to join Courtney and Bryce in the hot tub?
4. Who interrupts Clay as he is listening to the tapes at Rosie's?
5. What is on the last tape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Hannah anonymously asked the Peer Communications teacher to discuss suicide?
2. What are the two reasons that Clay is late for school for the first time in his life?
3. Why did Hannah like Peer Communications class?
4. What did Hannah do once she arrived at Courtney's house?
5. Why did Hannah include Clay in her tapes?
6. How does Hannah's conversation with the guidance counselor, Mr. Porter, turn out?
7. Why does Skye remind Clay of Hannah?
8. How did Tony become responsible for the tapes?
9. What are two signs of suicide that Hannah has displayed up to this point?
10. What does Tony mean when he tells Clay, "I'm trying to keep us on the road"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is certain that many people negatively affected Hannah's life. She was betrayed and treated poorly by a number of people she trusted and others that she didn't trust. However, Hannah seems to have made some choices throughout the book that put her in harm's way.
Give 5 examples of how Hannah put herself in situations where she could be treated poorly.
1) Explain what Hannah could have done differently.
2) Why do you think Hannah did these things?
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the book Clay expresses his feeling that the next person on the list, Jenny, doesn't deserve "one final day of peace." What has Jenny done that is so bad? What are her interactions with Hannah? Do you feel these interactions are the source of Clay's anger? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The past relationship between Hannah and Clay comes to a climax during the house party on Cottonwood Street. Up until this point, the reader is unaware that Hannah and Clay's relationship anything more than just friendship and a shared longing. What happened between the two in the bedroom during the party? How did Hannah's kiss with Justin interfere with their kiss? Why did Clay apologize to Hannah after their kiss? How did both Clay and Hannah miss an opportunity to help Hannah with her self destructive feelings?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)