|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hannah talking about as Part 6 begins?
2. How does Hannah feel about her conversation with Mr. Porter?
3. What is on the last tape?
4. How did the students treat the bags?
5. What is Clay anxious about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tony mean when he tells Clay, "I'm trying to keep us on the road"?
2. Why does Clay believe people won't say sorry to Hannah even after she is dead?
3. At what point in time does Part 9 take place?
4. What is Tony doing that causes Clay to pay him attention in the diner? Is his behavior odd?
5. Why did Hannah like Peer Communications class?
6. Why did Hannah include Clay in her tapes?
7. If Clay enjoyed spending time with Hannah, and wanted to date her, why didn't he?
8. How are Hannah and Justin partially responsible for what happened to Jessica?
9. Why did Hannah like poetry?
10. What does Clay not want to have to do when he gets to school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What has Clay learned about himself, and about Hannah, by the end of the book?
1) Who does Clay blame for Hannah's death?
2) Does he feel that things were as hopeless as Hannah thought?
3) What actions does Clay take as a result of Hannah's tapes?
4) What has Clay learned about himself?
Use examples from the text to explain your answers.
Essay Topic 2
How many things that happen to Hannah in the story are a direct result of her loss of reputation? How is she treated differently by boys? Who has treated her differently? How was she treated differently by girls? Even if the rumors about Hannah and Justin were true, would she have deserved this type of treatment? Why or why not? Do you think that the author is trying to make a statement? If so, what statement is he trying to make?
Use examples from the text to answer the questions.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Alex Standall's "Hot or Not" list contribute to the drama in Hannah's life?
1) How did it affect the way Hannah felt about herself?
2) How did it affect the way people at school viewed her?
3) How did the list affect Clay's thoughts about Angela?
4) How did the list change Hannah's relationship with Jessica?
Use examples from the story to support your answers.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)