Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clay run after Skye?
2. Where does Clay go instead of Courtney's house?
3. What happens to Skye's footsteps as Clay gets closer to her?
4. Who is the boy that enters the room where Jessica is passed out?
5. What was one of the top signs of suicide listed in the pamphlet handed out by the teacher?
Essay Topic 1
It is certain that many people negatively affected Hannah's life. She was betrayed and treated poorly by a number of people she trusted and others that she didn't trust. However, Hannah seems to have made some choices throughout the book that put her in harm's way.
Give 5 examples of how Hannah put herself in situations where she could be treated poorly.
1) Explain what Hannah could have done differently.
2) Why do you think Hannah did these things?
Essay Topic 2
The past relationship between Hannah and Clay comes to a climax during the house party on Cottonwood Street. Up until this point, the reader is unaware that Hannah and Clay's relationship anything more than just friendship and a shared longing. What happened between the two in the bedroom during the party? How did Hannah's kiss with Justin interfere with their kiss? Why did Clay apologize to Hannah after their kiss? How did both Clay and Hannah miss an opportunity to help Hannah with her self destructive feelings?
Essay Topic 3
What has Clay learned about himself, and about Hannah, by the end of the book?
1) Who does Clay blame for Hannah's death?
2) Does he feel that things were as hopeless as Hannah thought?
3) What actions does Clay take as a result of Hannah's tapes?
4) What has Clay learned about himself?
Use examples from the text to explain your answers.
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)