|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hannah request of the teacher in an anonymous note?
2. Where was Hannah invited to join Courtney and Bryce in the hot tub?
3. What is Hannah's poem about?
4. What does Hannah accuse Zach of?
5. What does Hannah ask the listener at the beginning Cassette 6, Side B?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does listening to Hannah's tapes make Clay feel about their relationship?
2. What does Clay think about as he goes to his locker?
3. What happened in Hannah's poetry class that reinforced her belief that people always betrayed her?
4. What are the last words that Clay remembers speaking to Hannah?
5. Why did Hannah include Clay in her tapes?
6. How are Hannah and Justin partially responsible for what happened to Jessica?
7. Where did Hannah go the night she was house sitting for her father's friend?
8. If Clay enjoyed spending time with Hannah, and wanted to date her, why didn't he?
9. How does Hannah's conversation with the guidance counselor, Mr. Porter, turn out?
10. What happened after Hannah anonymously asked the Peer Communications teacher to discuss suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Bryce Walker a major character in this story?
1) List Hannah's interactions with Bryce in the book.
2) How have those interactions influenced Hannah's choices?
3) List Clay's interactions with Bryce in the book.
4) How have the memories of those interactions changed Clay?
Use examples from the text to answer the the question.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Alex Standall's "Hot or Not" list contribute to the drama in Hannah's life?
1) How did it affect the way Hannah felt about herself?
2) How did it affect the way people at school viewed her?
3) How did the list affect Clay's thoughts about Angela?
4) How did the list change Hannah's relationship with Jessica?
Use examples from the story to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
How has Hannah damaged Clay's feelings about himself? Do you think this was her intent when she included him in the tapes? How do you know? Should Clay (or any of the others) feel partially responsible for Hannah's death? Why or why not?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)