|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the top signs of suicide listed in the pamphlet handed out by the teacher?
2. What did Hannah request of the teacher in an anonymous note?
3. How did the students treat the bags?
4. What did Hannah want to borrow from Tony?
5. What does Clay remember of the last time he saw Hannah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Tony waiting for Clay outside of Rosie's diner?
2. What happened as Jenny and Hannah were driving home from the party?
3. What is significant about Hannah's appearance in this section?
4. How did Tony become responsible for the tapes?
5. Why does Clay believe people won't say sorry to Hannah even after she is dead?
6. How does Hannah's conversation with the guidance counselor, Mr. Porter, turn out?
7. How does Clay feel about lying to his mother?
8. If Clay enjoyed spending time with Hannah, and wanted to date her, why didn't he?
9. Why did Hannah include Clay in her tapes?
10. At what point in time does Part 9 take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is certain that many people negatively affected Hannah's life. She was betrayed and treated poorly by a number of people she trusted and others that she didn't trust. However, Hannah seems to have made some choices throughout the book that put her in harm's way.
Give 5 examples of how Hannah put herself in situations where she could be treated poorly.
1) Explain what Hannah could have done differently.
2) Why do you think Hannah did these things?
Essay Topic 2
1) Who is Hannah and why has she created the set of tapes?
2) How does Clay feel about receiving the tapes? How do you know he feels this way?
3) What is so shocking about Hannah's tapes?
4) Why do you think Clay received the tapes? What do you think he may have done to Hannah?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Alex Standall's "Hot or Not" list contribute to the drama in Hannah's life?
1) How did it affect the way Hannah felt about herself?
2) How did it affect the way people at school viewed her?
3) How did the list affect Clay's thoughts about Angela?
4) How did the list change Hannah's relationship with Jessica?
Use examples from the story to support your answers.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)