|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skye say that reminds Clay of Hannah?
2. What does Tony say when Clay asks him why he has Hannah's tapes?
3. What was on the rack at the back of the room in Hannah's favorite class?
4. What happened once Hannah's poem was published?
5. What does Hannah do just before the recorder clicks off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the last words that Clay remembers speaking to Hannah?
2. How did Tony become responsible for the tapes?
3. How does Clay feel about lying to his mother?
4. What are two signs of suicide that Hannah has displayed up to this point?
5. What is significant about Hannah's appearance in this section?
6. Why did Hannah like Peer Communications class?
7. What happened in Hannah's poetry class that reinforced her belief that people always betrayed her?
8. What did Hannah do once she arrived at Courtney's house?
9. Why did Hannah include Clay in her tapes?
10. How does listening to Hannah's tapes make Clay feel about their relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Clay's friend Tony has been a part of the story from the very beginning. However, it is not until Part 6 that the reader becomes aware of Tony's role in the Hannah's tapes.
1) Who is Tony?
2) How did he know Hannah?
3) Why do you think Hannah trusted him with the tapes and not Clay?
4) Why do you think Tony is taking his job so seriously?
Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
How many things that happen to Hannah in the story are a direct result of her loss of reputation? How is she treated differently by boys? Who has treated her differently? How was she treated differently by girls? Even if the rumors about Hannah and Justin were true, would she have deserved this type of treatment? Why or why not? Do you think that the author is trying to make a statement? If so, what statement is he trying to make?
Use examples from the text to answer the questions.
Essay Topic 3
When Clay arrives at Tyler Down's house he finds Marcus Cooley already there. Marcus is upset with the way Tyler took advantage of Courtney and Hannah when he was a Peeping Tom. What is ironic about Marcus being upset by Tyler's behavior? How has Marcus's own behavior toward Hannah been? Do you think Marcus is really angry at Tyler, or is he angry at himself? Why do you feel the way you do?
Use examples from the text to support your answers.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)