|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clay run after Skye?
2. Where does Clay go instead of Courtney's house?
3. What happens to Skye's footsteps as Clay gets closer to her?
4. Who is the boy that enters the room where Jessica is passed out?
5. What was one of the top signs of suicide listed in the pamphlet handed out by the teacher?
Essay Topic 1
When Clay arrives at Tyler Down's house he finds Marcus Cooley already there. Marcus is upset with the way Tyler took advantage of Courtney and Hannah when he was a Peeping Tom. What is ironic about Marcus being upset by Tyler's behavior? How has Marcus's own behavior toward Hannah been? Do you think Marcus is really angry at Tyler, or is he angry at himself? Why do you feel the way you do?
Use examples from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Hannah's intimacy with Bryce in Courtney's hot tub was self punishment. Why would Hannah feel she needed to be punished? What feelings about herself did Hannah reinforce by being with Bryce? What was Clay's explanation for Hannah's behavior with Bryce? Provide examples from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Alex Standall's "Hot or Not" list contribute to the drama in Hannah's life?
1) How did it affect the way Hannah felt about herself?
2) How did it affect the way people at school viewed her?
3) How did the list affect Clay's thoughts about Angela?
4) How did the list change Hannah's relationship with Jessica?
Use examples from the story to support your answers.
This section contains 1,606 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)