Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clay run after Skye?
2. Where does Clay go instead of Courtney's house?
3. What happens to Skye's footsteps as Clay gets closer to her?
4. Who is the boy that enters the room where Jessica is passed out?
5. What was one of the top signs of suicide listed in the pamphlet handed out by the teacher?
Essay Topic 1
Clay finds a picture of Hannah and Courtney in the Scribble Book at Monet's, later he realizes that Tyler is the person who put the picture in the book.
1) Who took the picture of the girls?
2) Why was it taken?
3) What was the significance of the picture to Hannah? What did it represent to her?
4) Why might Tyler have put the picture in the book? Does it indicate how he felt after listening to the tapes?
5) Do you think Tyler was changed by Hannah's death and tapes? Why or why not?
Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
As Clay goes to Hannah's house, the first stop on her map, he recalls a fatal car accident he witnessed on the same street. A man was talking on the phone when he hit another car. The driver of the other car, a senior in high school, died. Clay realizes that the man lived in Hannah's old house.
Why do you think the author included this memory in the story?
What might this event represent?
How do you think the memory might tie into the story later?
Does this information make you more interested in the story? Less interested?
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is used heavily in the novel. Why might the author use this particular technique? How does it affect you as the reader? Did it cause you to read faster? More slowly? Did it keep you interested? Did it cause you to lose interest? Explain why you feel the ways you do.
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)