|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy Hannah met in her poetry class?
2. When does Hannah say she is going to kill herself?
3. Giving up personal possessions is a sign of _________________.
4. Where is Clay as Part 5 opens?
5. What does he tell his mother he is doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Hannah anonymously asked the Peer Communications teacher to discuss suicide?
2. What did Hannah do once she arrived at Courtney's house?
3. What are the two reasons that Clay is late for school for the first time in his life?
4. Where did Hannah go the night she was house sitting for her father's friend?
5. How does listening to Hannah's tapes make Clay feel about their relationship?
6. Why does Clay believe people won't say sorry to Hannah even after she is dead?
7. What happened as Jenny and Hannah were driving home from the party?
8. What are two signs of suicide that Hannah has displayed up to this point?
9. If Clay enjoyed spending time with Hannah, and wanted to date her, why didn't he?
10. What are the last words that Clay remembers speaking to Hannah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Clay finds a picture of Hannah and Courtney in the Scribble Book at Monet's, later he realizes that Tyler is the person who put the picture in the book.
1) Who took the picture of the girls?
2) Why was it taken?
3) What was the significance of the picture to Hannah? What did it represent to her?
4) Why might Tyler have put the picture in the book? Does it indicate how he felt after listening to the tapes?
5) Do you think Tyler was changed by Hannah's death and tapes? Why or why not?
Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
1) Who is Hannah and why has she created the set of tapes?
2) How does Clay feel about receiving the tapes? How do you know he feels this way?
3) What is so shocking about Hannah's tapes?
4) Why do you think Clay received the tapes? What do you think he may have done to Hannah?
Essay Topic 3
What happened to Jessica during the Cottonwood house party? What was Hannah's role in the event? What was Justin's role? How does the fact that Jessica was drunk contribute to what happened? Why do you think Justin didn't do anything to stop Bryce? Why would he allow Jessica to be harmed? Why didn't Hannah do anything to help Jessica? How might Hannah's failure to help Jessica have pushed Hannah over the edge?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)