|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took the picture of Hannah and Courtney posing that was found in the Scribble Book?
2. Who is the last name on the list of people to receive the tapes?
3. How does Clay feel about Hannah?
4. Where is Hannah?
5. Where does the Oh My Dollar Valentines event take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is inside the package that Clay receives when he arrives home from school?
2. What is the relationship like between Clay and his mother?
3. What technique does the author use to tell the main body of the story?
4. What does Clay find in the Scribble Book at Monet's?
5. What does Clay remember about Bryce Walker?
6. Who is Alex Standall and what did he do to Hannah?
7. What happened to Hannah at the Blue Spot Liquor store, the second stop on the map?
8. What is Clay thinking about as Hannah is recounting the Valentine's event?
9. Who is Skye?
10. How did Marcus Cooley betray Hannah's trust?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did Alex Standall's "Hot or Not" list contribute to the drama in Hannah's life?
1) How did it affect the way Hannah felt about herself?
2) How did it affect the way people at school viewed her?
3) How did the list affect Clay's thoughts about Angela?
4) How did the list change Hannah's relationship with Jessica?
Use examples from the story to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the book Clay expresses his feeling that the next person on the list, Jenny, doesn't deserve "one final day of peace." What has Jenny done that is so bad? What are her interactions with Hannah? Do you feel these interactions are the source of Clay's anger? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Clay finds a picture of Hannah and Courtney in the Scribble Book at Monet's, later he realizes that Tyler is the person who put the picture in the book.
1) Who took the picture of the girls?
2) Why was it taken?
3) What was the significance of the picture to Hannah? What did it represent to her?
4) Why might Tyler have put the picture in the book? Does it indicate how he felt after listening to the tapes?
5) Do you think Tyler was changed by Hannah's death and tapes? Why or why not?
Use the text to support your answers.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)