Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay see at the crosswalk as he is listening about Hannah and Marcus?
2. How can the listener find out the name of the other girl who was spied on?
3. Who does Clay remember causing a scene at the Crestmount while on a date?
4. What is the second stop on Hannah's map?
5. Whose stories are told in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Hannah and Justin partially responsible for what happened to Jessica?
2. How does listening to Hannah's tapes make Clay feel about their relationship?
3. How does Clay feel about lying to his mother?
4. Why did Hannah like poetry?
5. How does Clay's chat with the server at Monet's cause him to wonder about himself?
6. Why did Hannah create the tapes and have them sent to different people?
7. What happened to Hannah at the Blue Spot Liquor store, the second stop on the map?
8. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
9. Why would the author begin the story with a Prologue?
10. What happened as Jenny and Hannah were driving home from the party?
In what ways did Alex Standall's "Hot or Not" list contribute to the drama in Hannah's life?
1) How did it affect the way Hannah felt about herself?
2) How did it affect the way people at school viewed her?
3) How did the list affect Clay's thoughts about Angela?
4) How did the list change Hannah's relationship with Jessica?
Use examples from the story to support your answers.
What happened to Jessica during the Cottonwood house party? What was Hannah's role in the event? What was Justin's role? How does the fact that Jessica was drunk contribute to what happened? Why do you think Justin didn't do anything to stop Bryce? Why would he allow Jessica to be harmed? Why didn't Hannah do anything to help Jessica? How might Hannah's failure to help Jessica have pushed Hannah over the edge?
When Clay arrives at Tyler Down's house he finds Marcus Cooley already there. Marcus is upset with the way Tyler took advantage of Courtney and Hannah when he was a Peeping Tom. What is ironic about Marcus being upset by Tyler's behavior? How has Marcus's own behavior toward Hannah been? Do you think Marcus is really angry at Tyler, or is he angry at himself? Why do you feel the way you do?
Use examples from the text to support your answers.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)