|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay wonder about himself as he sits down at a table in the cafe?
2. How did Clay react to Hannah's death?
3. What does Marcus do when Hannah puts her head on his shoulder?
4. How did Hannah kill herself?
5. Which boy on Hannah's list calls her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumors do Hannah and Clay remember during cassette 1, side A?
2. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
3. What happened between Hannah and Tyler Down?
4. What is the "Oh My Dollar Valentine's" event?
5. How does Clay's chat with the server at Monet's cause him to wonder about himself?
6. Why is Clay shocked and surprised that the tapes are from Hannah?
7. Where is Clay going after he leaves the post office?
8. Why would the author begin the story with a Prologue?
9. Who is Skye?
10. How does Clay feel about Jenny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Bryce Walker a major character in this story?
1) List Hannah's interactions with Bryce in the book.
2) How have those interactions influenced Hannah's choices?
3) List Clay's interactions with Bryce in the book.
4) How have the memories of those interactions changed Clay?
Use examples from the text to answer the the question.
Essay Topic 2
How many things that happen to Hannah in the story are a direct result of her loss of reputation? How is she treated differently by boys? Who has treated her differently? How was she treated differently by girls? Even if the rumors about Hannah and Justin were true, would she have deserved this type of treatment? Why or why not? Do you think that the author is trying to make a statement? If so, what statement is he trying to make?
Use examples from the text to answer the questions.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Ryan Shaver and why is he listed as one of Hannah's Thirteen Reasons? Why was Ryan's betrayal especially hurtful to Hannah? Do you think he intended to hurt her? Why or why not? What does Clay realize about Hannah's poem as he is listening to the tapes? How does his realization make him feel?
Use examples from the text to support your answers.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)