|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduced Hannah to Jessica?
2. Who does Clay think does not deserve "one final day of peace"?
3. Who did Alex identify as having the Best Ass in the freshman class?
4. Who does Hannah blame for the behavior of the guy in the convenience store?
5. Where is Clay's map?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is inside the package that Clay receives when he arrives home from school?
2. How does Clay feel about what he has heard on the tapes he is mailing to Jenny?
3. What happened as a result of Hannah's Valentine matches?
4. What technique does the author use to tell the main body of the story?
5. Who is Alex Standall and what did he do to Hannah?
6. What is the relationship like between Clay and his mother?
7. Why is Courtney included in Hannah's tapes?
8. Where is Clay going after he leaves the post office?
9. Why is Clay shocked and surprised that the tapes are from Hannah?
10. How did Marcus Cooley betray Hannah's trust?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Ryan Shaver and why is he listed as one of Hannah's Thirteen Reasons? Why was Ryan's betrayal especially hurtful to Hannah? Do you think he intended to hurt her? Why or why not? What does Clay realize about Hannah's poem as he is listening to the tapes? How does his realization make him feel?
Use examples from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Clay finds a picture of Hannah and Courtney in the Scribble Book at Monet's, later he realizes that Tyler is the person who put the picture in the book.
1) Who took the picture of the girls?
2) Why was it taken?
3) What was the significance of the picture to Hannah? What did it represent to her?
4) Why might Tyler have put the picture in the book? Does it indicate how he felt after listening to the tapes?
5) Do you think Tyler was changed by Hannah's death and tapes? Why or why not?
Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Alex Standall's "Hot or Not" list contribute to the drama in Hannah's life?
1) How did it affect the way Hannah felt about herself?
2) How did it affect the way people at school viewed her?
3) How did the list affect Clay's thoughts about Angela?
4) How did the list change Hannah's relationship with Jessica?
Use examples from the story to support your answers.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)