|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Hannah wait for Marcus at Rosie's?
2. What side of the cassette is Clay listening to in Part 2?
3. Who is the last name on the list of people to receive the tapes?
4. Why might people who receive the package save the receipt?
5. Who will be missing from Clay's first period class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Hannah at the Blue Spot Liquor store, the second stop on the map?
2. Why is Clay shocked and surprised that the tapes are from Hannah?
3. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
4. What happened as a result of Hannah's Valentine matches?
5. Who is Skye?
6. What does Clay remember about Bryce Walker?
7. How did Hannah meet Jessica and Alex?
8. What is the "Oh My Dollar Valentine's" event?
9. How does Clay's chat with the server at Monet's cause him to wonder about himself?
10. What is inside the package that Clay receives when he arrives home from school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Mr. Porter and why is he included in the story? Do you think Mr. Porter cared about Hannah? Why or why not? What more could Mr. Porter have done to help Hannah? Is it fair that Mr. Porter is on the list and on the tapes? Why or why not? Do you think that Hannah could have allowed Mr. Porter to help her if she had been more open with him the day they met in his office? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is Bryce Walker a major character in this story?
1) List Hannah's interactions with Bryce in the book.
2) How have those interactions influenced Hannah's choices?
3) List Clay's interactions with Bryce in the book.
4) How have the memories of those interactions changed Clay?
Use examples from the text to answer the the question.
Essay Topic 3
1) Who is Hannah and why has she created the set of tapes?
2) How does Clay feel about receiving the tapes? How do you know he feels this way?
3) What is so shocking about Hannah's tapes?
4) Why do you think Clay received the tapes? What do you think he may have done to Hannah?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)