|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jenny react to Hannah's death?
2. Who does Clay speak to while on the bus?
3. What does Marcus do when Hannah puts her head on his shoulder?
4. What does Clay find waiting for him after school?
5. Who is at Tyler's house when Clay arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clay find in the Scribble Book at Monet's?
2. Why is Courtney included in Hannah's tapes?
3. What will happen if the recipients of the tapes do not listen to them and follow Hannah's map?
4. Who is Skye?
5. What does Clay remember as he arrives at Hannah's old house, the first stop on the map?
6. Why would the author begin the story with a Prologue?
7. What rumors do Hannah and Clay remember during cassette 1, side A?
8. What is inside the package that Clay receives when he arrives home from school?
9. How does Clay's chat with the server at Monet's cause him to wonder about himself?
10. How does Clay feel about what he has heard on the tapes he is mailing to Jenny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to Jessica during the Cottonwood house party? What was Hannah's role in the event? What was Justin's role? How does the fact that Jessica was drunk contribute to what happened? Why do you think Justin didn't do anything to stop Bryce? Why would he allow Jessica to be harmed? Why didn't Hannah do anything to help Jessica? How might Hannah's failure to help Jessica have pushed Hannah over the edge?
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the book Clay expresses his feeling that the next person on the list, Jenny, doesn't deserve "one final day of peace." What has Jenny done that is so bad? What are her interactions with Hannah? Do you feel these interactions are the source of Clay's anger? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Hannah's first kiss with Justin to Clay's memories of her first kiss with him. How did Hannah feel about the kisses? How did Clay feel about the kisses? What happened after Hannah kissed Justin? What does Clay remember happening after Hannah kissed him? How did Hannah feel about Justin's bragging? Use the text to support your answers.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)