|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What side of the cassette is Clay listening to in Part 2?
2. Where is Hannah?
3. Who did Alex identify as having the Best Ass in the freshman class?
4. Who gave Hannah her first kiss?
5. Where does Clay ask his mother to meet him with the remaining tapes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hannah meet Jessica and Alex?
2. Why did Hannah create the tapes and have them sent to different people?
3. What is the "Oh My Dollar Valentine's" event?
4. Why is Clay shocked and surprised that the tapes are from Hannah?
5. What is Clay thinking about as Hannah is recounting the Valentine's event?
6. What technique does the author use to tell the main body of the story?
7. How did Marcus Cooley betray Hannah's trust?
8. Who is Skye?
9. What will happen if the recipients of the tapes do not listen to them and follow Hannah's map?
10. What is the relationship like between Clay and his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is certain that many people negatively affected Hannah's life. She was betrayed and treated poorly by a number of people she trusted and others that she didn't trust. However, Hannah seems to have made some choices throughout the book that put her in harm's way.
Give 5 examples of how Hannah put herself in situations where she could be treated poorly.
1) Explain what Hannah could have done differently.
2) Why do you think Hannah did these things?
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the book Clay expresses his feeling that the next person on the list, Jenny, doesn't deserve "one final day of peace." What has Jenny done that is so bad? What are her interactions with Hannah? Do you feel these interactions are the source of Clay's anger? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Ryan Shaver and why is he listed as one of Hannah's Thirteen Reasons? Why was Ryan's betrayal especially hurtful to Hannah? Do you think he intended to hurt her? Why or why not? What does Clay realize about Hannah's poem as he is listening to the tapes? How does his realization make him feel?
Use examples from the text to support your answers.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)