|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Clay's map?
2. Who does Clay speak to while on the bus?
3. Why were Hannah and Jessica introduced?
4. Who does Clay remember causing a scene at the Crestmount while on a date?
5. Which tape is Clay listening to as Part 4 begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumors do Hannah and Clay remember during cassette 1, side A?
2. What is the "Oh My Dollar Valentine's" event?
3. How did Hannah meet Jessica and Alex?
4. Why does Hannah feel that the rest of her 13 reasons were either directly or indirectly related to this list?
5. What happened between Hannah and Tyler Down?
6. How does Clay feel about what he has heard on the tapes he is mailing to Jenny?
7. What is Clay thinking about as Hannah is recounting the Valentine's event?
8. What is Clay Jensen doing as the story opens?
9. What does Clay remember about Bryce Walker?
10. Where is Clay going after he leaves the post office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did Alex Standall's "Hot or Not" list contribute to the drama in Hannah's life?
1) How did it affect the way Hannah felt about herself?
2) How did it affect the way people at school viewed her?
3) How did the list affect Clay's thoughts about Angela?
4) How did the list change Hannah's relationship with Jessica?
Use examples from the story to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
How has Hannah damaged Clay's feelings about himself? Do you think this was her intent when she included him in the tapes? How do you know? Should Clay (or any of the others) feel partially responsible for Hannah's death? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What happened to Jessica during the Cottonwood house party? What was Hannah's role in the event? What was Justin's role? How does the fact that Jessica was drunk contribute to what happened? Why do you think Justin didn't do anything to stop Bryce? Why would he allow Jessica to be harmed? Why didn't Hannah do anything to help Jessica? How might Hannah's failure to help Jessica have pushed Hannah over the edge?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)