|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clay chat with when he arrives at Monet's?
2. Who struck Hannah leaving her scarred?
3. How does Clay feel about Hannah?
4. Whose desk is in the middle of Mr. Porter's room?
5. Hannah feels that most of her Thirteen Reasons happened as a result of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clay's chat with the server at Monet's cause him to wonder about himself?
2. Why does Hannah feel that the rest of her 13 reasons were either directly or indirectly related to this list?
3. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
4. What happened to Hannah at the Blue Spot Liquor store, the second stop on the map?
5. Why did Hannah create the tapes and have them sent to different people?
6. What will happen if the recipients of the tapes do not listen to them and follow Hannah's map?
7. Who is Skye?
8. What is inside the package that Clay receives when he arrives home from school?
9. Where is Clay going after he leaves the post office?
10. How does Hannah feel about Courtney Crimson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did Alex Standall's "Hot or Not" list contribute to the drama in Hannah's life?
1) How did it affect the way Hannah felt about herself?
2) How did it affect the way people at school viewed her?
3) How did the list affect Clay's thoughts about Angela?
4) How did the list change Hannah's relationship with Jessica?
Use examples from the story to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is used heavily in the novel. Why might the author use this particular technique? How does it affect you as the reader? Did it cause you to read faster? More slowly? Did it keep you interested? Did it cause you to lose interest? Explain why you feel the ways you do.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Hannah's intimacy with Bryce in Courtney's hot tub was self punishment. Why would Hannah feel she needed to be punished? What feelings about herself did Hannah reinforce by being with Bryce? What was Clay's explanation for Hannah's behavior with Bryce? Provide examples from the text in your answer.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)