|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tape is Clay listening to as Part 4 begins?
2. What does Marcus reveal to Clay?
3. Who is the last name on the list of people to receive the tapes?
4. Where does Clay intend to get a cassette Walkman?
5. What is this story about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clay find in the Scribble Book at Monet's?
2. What is Clay Jensen doing as the story opens?
3. How does Hannah feel about Courtney Crimson?
4. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
5. What does Clay remember as he arrives at Hannah's old house, the first stop on the map?
6. What happened to Hannah at the Blue Spot Liquor store, the second stop on the map?
7. Why is Clay reluctant to go to school?
8. How does Clay feel about what he has heard on the tapes he is mailing to Jenny?
9. What does Clay remember about Bryce Walker?
10. How did Marcus Cooley betray Hannah's trust?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is certain that many people negatively affected Hannah's life. She was betrayed and treated poorly by a number of people she trusted and others that she didn't trust. However, Hannah seems to have made some choices throughout the book that put her in harm's way.
Give 5 examples of how Hannah put herself in situations where she could be treated poorly.
1) Explain what Hannah could have done differently.
2) Why do you think Hannah did these things?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Mr. Porter and why is he included in the story? Do you think Mr. Porter cared about Hannah? Why or why not? What more could Mr. Porter have done to help Hannah? Is it fair that Mr. Porter is on the list and on the tapes? Why or why not? Do you think that Hannah could have allowed Mr. Porter to help her if she had been more open with him the day they met in his office? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is Bryce Walker a major character in this story?
1) List Hannah's interactions with Bryce in the book.
2) How have those interactions influenced Hannah's choices?
3) List Clay's interactions with Bryce in the book.
4) How have the memories of those interactions changed Clay?
Use examples from the text to answer the the question.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)