|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clay ask his mother to meet him with the remaining tapes?
2. What kind of list did Alex Standall write?
3. Where does Clay intend to get a cassette Walkman?
4. How does Courtney look in the photograph?
5. What is the purpose of Hannah's tapes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clay Jensen doing as the story opens?
2. What is the "Oh My Dollar Valentine's" event?
3. What happened between Hannah and Tyler Down?
4. Why did Hannah create the tapes and have them sent to different people?
5. What happened as a result of Hannah's Valentine matches?
6. How does Clay feel about Jenny?
7. What will happen if the recipients of the tapes do not listen to them and follow Hannah's map?
8. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
9. What does Clay remember about Bryce Walker?
10. Why is Clay reluctant to go to school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Bryce Walker a major character in this story?
1) List Hannah's interactions with Bryce in the book.
2) How have those interactions influenced Hannah's choices?
3) List Clay's interactions with Bryce in the book.
4) How have the memories of those interactions changed Clay?
Use examples from the text to answer the the question.
Essay Topic 2
What has Clay learned about himself, and about Hannah, by the end of the book?
1) Who does Clay blame for Hannah's death?
2) Does he feel that things were as hopeless as Hannah thought?
3) What actions does Clay take as a result of Hannah's tapes?
4) What has Clay learned about himself?
Use examples from the text to explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
1) Who is Hannah and why has she created the set of tapes?
2) How does Clay feel about receiving the tapes? How do you know he feels this way?
3) What is so shocking about Hannah's tapes?
4) Why do you think Clay received the tapes? What do you think he may have done to Hannah?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)