|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened while Hannah was at the second stop on her map?
2. What grade is Clay in?
3. Who introduced Hannah to Jessica?
4. Where does Clay find an old cassette player?
5. Which tape is Clay listening to as Part 4 begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clay's chat with the server at Monet's cause him to wonder about himself?
2. What rumors do Hannah and Clay remember during cassette 1, side A?
3. How did Hannah meet Jessica and Alex?
4. Why is Clay shocked and surprised that the tapes are from Hannah?
5. What is Clay Jensen doing as the story opens?
6. How does Clay feel about Jenny?
7. Why would the author begin the story with a Prologue?
8. What does Clay remember about Bryce Walker?
9. Why does Hannah feel that the rest of her 13 reasons were either directly or indirectly related to this list?
10. What will happen if the recipients of the tapes do not listen to them and follow Hannah's map?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to Jessica during the Cottonwood house party? What was Hannah's role in the event? What was Justin's role? How does the fact that Jessica was drunk contribute to what happened? Why do you think Justin didn't do anything to stop Bryce? Why would he allow Jessica to be harmed? Why didn't Hannah do anything to help Jessica? How might Hannah's failure to help Jessica have pushed Hannah over the edge?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Hannah's first kiss with Justin to Clay's memories of her first kiss with him. How did Hannah feel about the kisses? How did Clay feel about the kisses? What happened after Hannah kissed Justin? What does Clay remember happening after Hannah kissed him? How did Hannah feel about Justin's bragging? Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Clay's friend Tony has been a part of the story from the very beginning. However, it is not until Part 6 that the reader becomes aware of Tony's role in the Hannah's tapes.
1) Who is Tony?
2) How did he know Hannah?
3) Why do you think Hannah trusted him with the tapes and not Clay?
4) Why do you think Tony is taking his job so seriously?
Use the text to support your answers.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)