|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many reasons does Hannah have for killing herself?
2. How can the listener find out the name of the other girl who was spied on?
3. How did Hannah kill herself?
4. Hannah feels that most of her Thirteen Reasons happened as a result of?
5. Rumors started about Hannah after what event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened between Hannah and Tyler Down?
2. What is the relationship like between Clay and his mother?
3. What is Clay Jensen doing as the story opens?
4. How did Marcus Cooley betray Hannah's trust?
5. Why did Hannah create the tapes and have them sent to different people?
6. What happened to Hannah at the Blue Spot Liquor store, the second stop on the map?
7. What does Clay remember as he arrives at Hannah's old house, the first stop on the map?
8. What technique does the author use to tell the main body of the story?
9. Why is Clay shocked and surprised that the tapes are from Hannah?
10. What does Clay find in the Scribble Book at Monet's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Hannah damaged Clay's feelings about himself? Do you think this was her intent when she included him in the tapes? How do you know? Should Clay (or any of the others) feel partially responsible for Hannah's death? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Hannah's first kiss with Justin to Clay's memories of her first kiss with him. How did Hannah feel about the kisses? How did Clay feel about the kisses? What happened after Hannah kissed Justin? What does Clay remember happening after Hannah kissed him? How did Hannah feel about Justin's bragging? Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
When Clay arrives at Tyler Down's house he finds Marcus Cooley already there. Marcus is upset with the way Tyler took advantage of Courtney and Hannah when he was a Peeping Tom. What is ironic about Marcus being upset by Tyler's behavior? How has Marcus's own behavior toward Hannah been? Do you think Marcus is really angry at Tyler, or is he angry at himself? Why do you feel the way you do?
Use examples from the text to support your answers.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)