|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mr. Porter react to the news of Hannah's death?
2. How does Clay feel about the tapes?
3. What grade is Clay in?
4. How did Hannah kill herself?
5. What does Clay discover about Hannah while listening to cassette 2, Side B?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clay find in the Scribble Book at Monet's?
2. What did Hannah do once she arrived at Courtney's house?
3. Where did Hannah go the night she was house sitting for her father's friend?
4. What does Tony mean when he tells Clay, "I'm trying to keep us on the road"?
5. What did Zach do to betray Hannah's trust?
6. Why did Hannah create the tapes and have them sent to different people?
7. How does listening to Hannah's tapes make Clay feel about their relationship?
8. Why did Hannah like Peer Communications class?
9. Why was Tony waiting for Clay outside of Rosie's diner?
10. How does Clay feel about what he has heard on the tapes he is mailing to Jenny?
Essay Topic 1
How many things that happen to Hannah in the story are a direct result of her loss of reputation? How is she treated differently by boys? Who has treated her differently? How was she treated differently by girls? Even if the rumors about Hannah and Justin were true, would she have deserved this type of treatment? Why or why not? Do you think that the author is trying to make a statement? If so, what statement is he trying to make?
Use examples from the text to answer the questions.
Essay Topic 2
Clay's friend Tony has been a part of the story from the very beginning. However, it is not until Part 6 that the reader becomes aware of Tony's role in the Hannah's tapes.
1) Who is Tony?
2) How did he know Hannah?
3) Why do you think Hannah trusted him with the tapes and not Clay?
4) Why do you think Tony is taking his job so seriously?
Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
When Clay arrives at Tyler Down's house he finds Marcus Cooley already there. Marcus is upset with the way Tyler took advantage of Courtney and Hannah when he was a Peeping Tom. What is ironic about Marcus being upset by Tyler's behavior? How has Marcus's own behavior toward Hannah been? Do you think Marcus is really angry at Tyler, or is he angry at himself? Why do you feel the way you do?
Use examples from the text to support your answers.
This section contains 2,048 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)