|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the listener find out the name of the other girl who was spied on?
2. How did Clay react to Hannah's death?
3. What does Clay wonder about as he mails the package?
4. How long does Hannah wait for Marcus at Rosie's?
5. Where does Clay's bus ride take him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Courtney included in Hannah's tapes?
2. How does Hannah feel about Courtney Crimson?
3. How did Hannah meet Jessica and Alex?
4. What happened between Hannah and Tyler Down?
5. What will happen if the recipients of the tapes do not listen to them and follow Hannah's map?
6. What is the "Oh My Dollar Valentine's" event?
7. Why is Clay reluctant to go to school?
8. Why would the author begin the story with a Prologue?
9. How does Clay feel about Jenny?
10. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Who is Hannah and why has she created the set of tapes?
2) How does Clay feel about receiving the tapes? How do you know he feels this way?
3) What is so shocking about Hannah's tapes?
4) Why do you think Clay received the tapes? What do you think he may have done to Hannah?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Hannah's first kiss with Justin to Clay's memories of her first kiss with him. How did Hannah feel about the kisses? How did Clay feel about the kisses? What happened after Hannah kissed Justin? What does Clay remember happening after Hannah kissed him? How did Hannah feel about Justin's bragging? Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the book Clay expresses his feeling that the next person on the list, Jenny, doesn't deserve "one final day of peace." What has Jenny done that is so bad? What are her interactions with Hannah? Do you feel these interactions are the source of Clay's anger? Why or why not?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)