|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clay remember causing a scene at the Crestmount while on a date?
2. Rumors started about Hannah after what event?
3. Where did Hannah's first kiss take place?
4. Who does Hannah blame for the behavior of the guy in the convenience store?
5. Where does Clay find an old cassette player?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship like between Clay and his mother?
2. How does Clay's chat with the server at Monet's cause him to wonder about himself?
3. How does Clay feel about Jenny?
4. Why is Clay shocked and surprised that the tapes are from Hannah?
5. How did Hannah meet Jessica and Alex?
6. What is Clay thinking about as Hannah is recounting the Valentine's event?
7. What happened between Hannah and Tyler Down?
8. Where is Clay going after he leaves the post office?
9. How does Hannah feel about Courtney Crimson?
10. How does Clay feel about what he has heard on the tapes he is mailing to Jenny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is certain that many people negatively affected Hannah's life. She was betrayed and treated poorly by a number of people she trusted and others that she didn't trust. However, Hannah seems to have made some choices throughout the book that put her in harm's way.
Give 5 examples of how Hannah put herself in situations where she could be treated poorly.
1) Explain what Hannah could have done differently.
2) Why do you think Hannah did these things?
Essay Topic 2
1) Who is Hannah and why has she created the set of tapes?
2) How does Clay feel about receiving the tapes? How do you know he feels this way?
3) What is so shocking about Hannah's tapes?
4) Why do you think Clay received the tapes? What do you think he may have done to Hannah?
Essay Topic 3
Clay's friend Tony has been a part of the story from the very beginning. However, it is not until Part 6 that the reader becomes aware of Tony's role in the Hannah's tapes.
1) Who is Tony?
2) How did he know Hannah?
3) Why do you think Hannah trusted him with the tapes and not Clay?
4) Why do you think Tony is taking his job so seriously?
Use the text to support your answers.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)