|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the book?
2. Who introduced Hannah to Jessica?
3. What kind of list did Alex Standall write?
4. How does Hannah feel about meeting someone at Rosie's?
5. Who will be missing from Clay's first period class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Clay shocked and surprised that the tapes are from Hannah?
2. What does Clay remember about Bryce Walker?
3. Why does Hannah feel that the rest of her 13 reasons were either directly or indirectly related to this list?
4. What rumors do Hannah and Clay remember during cassette 1, side A?
5. What technique does the author use to tell the main body of the story?
6. What is inside the package that Clay receives when he arrives home from school?
7. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
8. What will happen if the recipients of the tapes do not listen to them and follow Hannah's map?
9. Who is Skye?
10. What is the "Oh My Dollar Valentine's" event?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Hannah's first kiss with Justin to Clay's memories of her first kiss with him. How did Hannah feel about the kisses? How did Clay feel about the kisses? What happened after Hannah kissed Justin? What does Clay remember happening after Hannah kissed him? How did Hannah feel about Justin's bragging? Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
It is certain that many people negatively affected Hannah's life. She was betrayed and treated poorly by a number of people she trusted and others that she didn't trust. However, Hannah seems to have made some choices throughout the book that put her in harm's way.
Give 5 examples of how Hannah put herself in situations where she could be treated poorly.
1) Explain what Hannah could have done differently.
2) Why do you think Hannah did these things?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Alex Standall's "Hot or Not" list contribute to the drama in Hannah's life?
1) How did it affect the way Hannah felt about herself?
2) How did it affect the way people at school viewed her?
3) How did the list affect Clay's thoughts about Angela?
4) How did the list change Hannah's relationship with Jessica?
Use examples from the story to support your answers.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)