Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay see at the crosswalk as he is listening about Hannah and Marcus?
2. How can the listener find out the name of the other girl who was spied on?
3. Who does Clay remember causing a scene at the Crestmount while on a date?
4. What is the second stop on Hannah's map?
5. Whose stories are told in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Hannah and Justin partially responsible for what happened to Jessica?
2. How does listening to Hannah's tapes make Clay feel about their relationship?
3. How does Clay feel about lying to his mother?
4. Why did Hannah like poetry?
5. How does Clay's chat with the server at Monet's cause him to wonder about himself?
6. Why did Hannah create the tapes and have them sent to different people?
7. What happened to Hannah at the Blue Spot Liquor store, the second stop on the map?
8. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
9. Why would the author begin the story with a Prologue?
10. What happened as Jenny and Hannah were driving home from the party?
Essay Topic 1
It is certain that many people negatively affected Hannah's life. She was betrayed and treated poorly by a number of people she trusted and others that she didn't trust. However, Hannah seems to have made some choices throughout the book that put her in harm's way.
Give 5 examples of how Hannah put herself in situations where she could be treated poorly.
1) Explain what Hannah could have done differently.
2) Why do you think Hannah did these things?
Essay Topic 2
How has Hannah damaged Clay's feelings about himself? Do you think this was her intent when she included him in the tapes? How do you know? Should Clay (or any of the others) feel partially responsible for Hannah's death? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Mr. Porter and why is he included in the story? Do you think Mr. Porter cared about Hannah? Why or why not? What more could Mr. Porter have done to help Hannah? Is it fair that Mr. Porter is on the list and on the tapes? Why or why not? Do you think that Hannah could have allowed Mr. Porter to help her if she had been more open with him the day they met in his office? Why or why not?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)