|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Oh My Dollar Valentines event take place?
2. Where did Hannah's first kiss take place?
3. What does Marcus reveal to Clay?
4. Where is Hannah?
5. What grade is Clay in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clay find in the Scribble Book at Monet's?
2. What is Clay thinking about as Hannah is recounting the Valentine's event?
3. How does Hannah feel about Courtney Crimson?
4. Where is Clay going after he leaves the post office?
5. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
6. What happened between Hannah and Tyler Down?
7. Who is Alex Standall and what did he do to Hannah?
8. What happened as a result of Hannah's Valentine matches?
9. How does Clay feel about what he has heard on the tapes he is mailing to Jenny?
10. Who is Skye?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Bryce Walker a major character in this story?
1) List Hannah's interactions with Bryce in the book.
2) How have those interactions influenced Hannah's choices?
3) List Clay's interactions with Bryce in the book.
4) How have the memories of those interactions changed Clay?
Use examples from the text to answer the the question.
Essay Topic 2
1) Who is Hannah and why has she created the set of tapes?
2) How does Clay feel about receiving the tapes? How do you know he feels this way?
3) What is so shocking about Hannah's tapes?
4) Why do you think Clay received the tapes? What do you think he may have done to Hannah?
Essay Topic 3
"Thirteen Reasons Why" is written in two different tenses. The Prologue and Part 9 are written in the present; Parts 1 through 8 are written as a flashback. Why do you think the author chose to write the story this way? Do you think it added to the story? Why or why not? How does the telling of the story contribute to the suspense? The action? Use examples from the story to answer the question.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)