|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay see at the crosswalk as he is listening about Hannah and Marcus?
2. How can the listener find out the name of the other girl who was spied on?
3. Who does Clay remember causing a scene at the Crestmount while on a date?
4. What is the second stop on Hannah's map?
5. Whose stories are told in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Hannah and Justin partially responsible for what happened to Jessica?
2. How does listening to Hannah's tapes make Clay feel about their relationship?
3. How does Clay feel about lying to his mother?
4. Why did Hannah like poetry?
5. How does Clay's chat with the server at Monet's cause him to wonder about himself?
6. Why did Hannah create the tapes and have them sent to different people?
7. What happened to Hannah at the Blue Spot Liquor store, the second stop on the map?
8. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
9. Why would the author begin the story with a Prologue?
10. What happened as Jenny and Hannah were driving home from the party?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Hannah's first kiss with Justin to Clay's memories of her first kiss with him. How did Hannah feel about the kisses? How did Clay feel about the kisses? What happened after Hannah kissed Justin? What does Clay remember happening after Hannah kissed him? How did Hannah feel about Justin's bragging? Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Ryan Shaver and why is he listed as one of Hannah's Thirteen Reasons? Why was Ryan's betrayal especially hurtful to Hannah? Do you think he intended to hurt her? Why or why not? What does Clay realize about Hannah's poem as he is listening to the tapes? How does his realization make him feel?
Use examples from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
How many things that happen to Hannah in the story are a direct result of her loss of reputation? How is she treated differently by boys? Who has treated her differently? How was she treated differently by girls? Even if the rumors about Hannah and Justin were true, would she have deserved this type of treatment? Why or why not? Do you think that the author is trying to make a statement? If so, what statement is he trying to make?
Use examples from the text to answer the questions.
This section contains 1,999 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)