|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay remember when he arrives at the first place on the map?
2. How long does Hannah wait for Marcus at Rosie's?
3. Who does Clay remember causing a scene at the Crestmount while on a date?
4. Why were Hannah and Jessica introduced?
5. Which boy on Hannah's list calls her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clay remember as he arrives at Hannah's old house, the first stop on the map?
2. Who is Alex Standall and what did he do to Hannah?
3. How does Clay feel about what he has heard on the tapes he is mailing to Jenny?
4. What is inside the package that Clay receives when he arrives home from school?
5. What rumors do Hannah and Clay remember during cassette 1, side A?
6. What will happen if the recipients of the tapes do not listen to them and follow Hannah's map?
7. How did Hannah meet Jessica and Alex?
8. Why is Courtney included in Hannah's tapes?
9. What does Clay remember about Bryce Walker?
10. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Ryan Shaver and why is he listed as one of Hannah's Thirteen Reasons? Why was Ryan's betrayal especially hurtful to Hannah? Do you think he intended to hurt her? Why or why not? What does Clay realize about Hannah's poem as he is listening to the tapes? How does his realization make him feel?
Use examples from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
How is Bryce Walker a major character in this story?
1) List Hannah's interactions with Bryce in the book.
2) How have those interactions influenced Hannah's choices?
3) List Clay's interactions with Bryce in the book.
4) How have the memories of those interactions changed Clay?
Use examples from the text to answer the the question.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the book Clay expresses his feeling that the next person on the list, Jenny, doesn't deserve "one final day of peace." What has Jenny done that is so bad? What are her interactions with Hannah? Do you feel these interactions are the source of Clay's anger? Why or why not?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)