|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Alex identify as having the Best Ass in the freshman class?
2. Who introduced Hannah to Jessica?
3. Who gave Hannah her Valentine list?
4. What is the second stop on Hannah's map?
5. Who struck Hannah leaving her scarred?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clay feel about what he has heard on the tapes he is mailing to Jenny?
2. What is the "Oh My Dollar Valentine's" event?
3. What is Clay Jensen doing as the story opens?
4. How did Hannah meet Jessica and Alex?
5. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
6. How does Hannah feel about Courtney Crimson?
7. What happened between Hannah and Tyler Down?
8. What does Clay remember as he arrives at Hannah's old house, the first stop on the map?
9. What will happen if the recipients of the tapes do not listen to them and follow Hannah's map?
10. What is the relationship like between Clay and his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Clay finds a picture of Hannah and Courtney in the Scribble Book at Monet's, later he realizes that Tyler is the person who put the picture in the book.
1) Who took the picture of the girls?
2) Why was it taken?
3) What was the significance of the picture to Hannah? What did it represent to her?
4) Why might Tyler have put the picture in the book? Does it indicate how he felt after listening to the tapes?
5) Do you think Tyler was changed by Hannah's death and tapes? Why or why not?
Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Mr. Porter and why is he included in the story? Do you think Mr. Porter cared about Hannah? Why or why not? What more could Mr. Porter have done to help Hannah? Is it fair that Mr. Porter is on the list and on the tapes? Why or why not? Do you think that Hannah could have allowed Mr. Porter to help her if she had been more open with him the day they met in his office? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How has Hannah damaged Clay's feelings about himself? Do you think this was her intent when she included him in the tapes? How do you know? Should Clay (or any of the others) feel partially responsible for Hannah's death? Why or why not?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)