|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clay go after he leaves the post office?
2. Who does Hannah say is both sweet and popular?
3. Rumors started about Hannah after what event?
4. Where is Hannah?
5. What side of the cassette is Clay listening to in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Marcus Cooley betray Hannah's trust?
2. Who is Skye?
3. What will happen if the recipients of the tapes do not listen to them and follow Hannah's map?
4. What happened between Hannah and Tyler Down?
5. What technique does the author use to tell the main body of the story?
6. How does Clay feel about what he has heard on the tapes he is mailing to Jenny?
7. Why is Clay reluctant to go to school?
8. What is the "Oh My Dollar Valentine's" event?
9. How did Hannah meet Jessica and Alex?
10. What happened as a result of Hannah's Valentine matches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is certain that many people negatively affected Hannah's life. She was betrayed and treated poorly by a number of people she trusted and others that she didn't trust. However, Hannah seems to have made some choices throughout the book that put her in harm's way.
Give 5 examples of how Hannah put herself in situations where she could be treated poorly.
1) Explain what Hannah could have done differently.
2) Why do you think Hannah did these things?
Essay Topic 2
Clay finds a picture of Hannah and Courtney in the Scribble Book at Monet's, later he realizes that Tyler is the person who put the picture in the book.
1) Who took the picture of the girls?
2) Why was it taken?
3) What was the significance of the picture to Hannah? What did it represent to her?
4) Why might Tyler have put the picture in the book? Does it indicate how he felt after listening to the tapes?
5) Do you think Tyler was changed by Hannah's death and tapes? Why or why not?
Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Ryan Shaver and why is he listed as one of Hannah's Thirteen Reasons? Why was Ryan's betrayal especially hurtful to Hannah? Do you think he intended to hurt her? Why or why not? What does Clay realize about Hannah's poem as he is listening to the tapes? How does his realization make him feel?
Use examples from the text to support your answers.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)