|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the listener find out the name of the other girl who was spied on?
2. How does a person participate in the event?
3. Who took the picture of Hannah and Courtney posing that was found in the Scribble Book?
4. What is the first place on Hannah's map?
5. How did Mr. Porter react to the news of Hannah's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "Oh My Dollar Valentine's" event?
2. Why does Hannah feel that the rest of her 13 reasons were either directly or indirectly related to this list?
3. What is Clay Jensen doing as the story opens?
4. What does Clay remember as he arrives at Hannah's old house, the first stop on the map?
5. What is Clay thinking about as Hannah is recounting the Valentine's event?
6. Who is Skye?
7. Who is Alex Standall and what did he do to Hannah?
8. What happened between Hannah and Tyler Down?
9. What is inside the package that Clay receives when he arrives home from school?
10. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Mr. Porter and why is he included in the story? Do you think Mr. Porter cared about Hannah? Why or why not? What more could Mr. Porter have done to help Hannah? Is it fair that Mr. Porter is on the list and on the tapes? Why or why not? Do you think that Hannah could have allowed Mr. Porter to help her if she had been more open with him the day they met in his office? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How has Hannah damaged Clay's feelings about himself? Do you think this was her intent when she included him in the tapes? How do you know? Should Clay (or any of the others) feel partially responsible for Hannah's death? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
It is certain that many people negatively affected Hannah's life. She was betrayed and treated poorly by a number of people she trusted and others that she didn't trust. However, Hannah seems to have made some choices throughout the book that put her in harm's way.
Give 5 examples of how Hannah put herself in situations where she could be treated poorly.
1) Explain what Hannah could have done differently.
2) Why do you think Hannah did these things?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)