Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay see at the crosswalk as he is listening about Hannah and Marcus?
2. How can the listener find out the name of the other girl who was spied on?
3. Who does Clay remember causing a scene at the Crestmount while on a date?
4. What is the second stop on Hannah's map?
5. Whose stories are told in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Hannah and Justin partially responsible for what happened to Jessica?
2. How does listening to Hannah's tapes make Clay feel about their relationship?
3. How does Clay feel about lying to his mother?
4. Why did Hannah like poetry?
5. How does Clay's chat with the server at Monet's cause him to wonder about himself?
6. Why did Hannah create the tapes and have them sent to different people?
7. What happened to Hannah at the Blue Spot Liquor store, the second stop on the map?
8. Why does Hannah wish for people to follow a map?
9. Why would the author begin the story with a Prologue?
10. What happened as Jenny and Hannah were driving home from the party?
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is used heavily in the novel. Why might the author use this particular technique? How does it affect you as the reader? Did it cause you to read faster? More slowly? Did it keep you interested? Did it cause you to lose interest? Explain why you feel the ways you do.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Hannah's first kiss with Justin to Clay's memories of her first kiss with him. How did Hannah feel about the kisses? How did Clay feel about the kisses? What happened after Hannah kissed Justin? What does Clay remember happening after Hannah kissed him? How did Hannah feel about Justin's bragging? Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
The past relationship between Hannah and Clay comes to a climax during the house party on Cottonwood Street. Up until this point, the reader is unaware that Hannah and Clay's relationship anything more than just friendship and a shared longing. What happened between the two in the bedroom during the party? How did Hannah's kiss with Justin interfere with their kiss? Why did Clay apologize to Hannah after their kiss? How did both Clay and Hannah miss an opportunity to help Hannah with her self destructive feelings?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)