|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rest of the tapes center around what event?
(a) A school dance.
(b) A party.
(c) A class vacation.
(d) A car accident.
2. What does Clay ask Tony as they are driving?
(a) If he bought the car himself.
(b) If he loved Hannah too.
(c) If they were still friends.
(d) If he was at the Cottonwood party.
3. What does Tony want Clay to do right away?
(a) Go home.
(b) Listen to the next tape.
(c) Talk to Hannah's mother.
(d) Take out his map.
4. What does Mr. Porter ask a student to do?
(a) Run an errand to the office.
(b) Leave the room as a punishment.
(c) Sit in Hannah's chair.
(d) Read a poem to class.
5. What does Justin do when Jessica passes out?
(a) He goes to the bathroom.
(b) He locks the door.
(c) He leaves the room.
(d) He uses the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason Clay is late to school for the first time in his life?
2. Who approached Hannah at Rosie's after Marcus left?
3. How does Clay feel about Hannah as the tape plays on?
4. Who interrupts Clay as he is listening to the tapes at Rosie's?
5. What bothered the class about the note Hannah left?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does listening to Hannah's tapes make Clay feel about their relationship?
2. Where did Hannah go the night she was house sitting for her father's friend?
3. Why was Tony waiting for Clay outside of Rosie's diner?
4. What does Clay not want to have to do when he gets to school?
5. What does Clay think about as he goes to his locker?
6. What are the two reasons that Clay is late for school for the first time in his life?
7. How does Hannah's conversation with the guidance counselor, Mr. Porter, turn out?
8. What happened as Jenny and Hannah were driving home from the party?
9. What are the last words that Clay remembers speaking to Hannah?
10. Who does Clay see walking down the hall at school?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)