|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tony want to know when he first received the tapes?
(a) If he was on them.
(b) If Hannah mentioned his car.
(c) If they had good songs on them.
(d) If his brother was on them.
2. What does Clay think when he hears Mr. Porter's voice?
(a) It will never sound happy again.
(b) Clay thinks about the taped conversation between Porter and Hannah.
(c) It will never sound friendly again.
(d) The sound of his voice makes Clay angry.
3. What does Tony say when Clay asks him why he has Hannah's tapes?
(a) Tony says he doesn't know.
(b) Tony says he will tell him later.
(c) Tony says he was her secret boyfriend.
(d) Tony says it is none of Clay's business.
4. What does Tony tell Clay?
(a) That he should go back inside and pay for his meal.
(b) That he is the person following the recipients of the tapes.
(c) That he is going to report the stolen Walkman to the polic.e
(d) That he was in love with Hannah.
5. What does Mr. Porter ask a student to do?
(a) Read a poem to class.
(b) Leave the room as a punishment.
(c) Sit in Hannah's chair.
(d) Run an errand to the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Clay as Part 5 opens?
2. Does Tony blame Clay for Hannah's suicide?
3. How does Hannah feel about her conversation with Mr. Porter?
4. What does Clay do when he and Tony pull up in front of the Cottonwood house?
5. Who is waiting for Clay in the parking lot of Rosie's?
Short Essay Questions
1. If Clay enjoyed spending time with Hannah, and wanted to date her, why didn't he?
2. What does Clay not want to have to do when he gets to school?
3. What does Clay think about as he goes to his locker?
4. Why is it ironic that Hannah asks the listener not to give up on her at the beginning of Cassette 6, Side B?
5. What is Tony doing that causes Clay to pay him attention in the diner? Is his behavior odd?
6. What are the last words that Clay remembers speaking to Hannah?
7. Why was Tony waiting for Clay outside of Rosie's diner?
8. Why does Clay believe people won't say sorry to Hannah even after she is dead?
9. What did Zach do to betray Hannah's trust?
10. What are two signs of suicide that Hannah has displayed up to this point?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)