|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jessica and Justin doing in the bedroom?
(b) Playing a board game.
(c) Making out.
(d) Using the phone.
2. How does Clay feel as he approaches Skye in the hallway?
3. What resulted from Jenny running down a stop sign after the party?
(a) Jenny and Hannah became best friends.
(b) Jenny and Hannah made a pact.
(c) Jenny had to go to jail.
(d) It caused a fatal car accident.
4. What did Tony realize after listening to the tapes?
(a) That Hannah was a liar.
(b) That Hannah was playing a joke on him.
(c) That Hannah was going to move away.
(d) That Hannah was going to do something serious.
5. What did Hannah want to borrow from Tony?
(a) A Walkman.
(b) His sister's prom dress.
(c) His car.
(d) A microphone to record tapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hannah hide when a new boy enters the room?
2. What does Skye say that reminds Clay of Hannah?
3. What does Mr. Porter suggest Hannah do about the boy who hurt her?
4. How does Hannah feel about her conversation with Mr. Porter?
5. Where is Clay when he listens to the last tape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two signs of suicide that Hannah has displayed up to this point?
2. How are Hannah and Justin partially responsible for what happened to Jessica?
3. What does Clay not want to have to do when he gets to school?
4. What happened after Hannah anonymously asked the Peer Communications teacher to discuss suicide?
5. Why did Hannah like Peer Communications class?
6. What is Tony doing that causes Clay to pay him attention in the diner? Is his behavior odd?
7. What happened in Hannah's poetry class that reinforced her belief that people always betrayed her?
8. Why was Tony waiting for Clay outside of Rosie's diner?
9. What are the two reasons that Clay is late for school for the first time in his life?
10. How does listening to Hannah's tapes make Clay feel about their relationship?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)