|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hannah's poem about?
(a) Her relationship with Clay.
(b) Her thoughts of suicide.
(c) Her adjustment to a new school.
(d) Her parents' divorce.
2. What does Skye say that reminds Clay of Hannah?
(a) Go away.
(b) Thank you.
(c) I love you.
(d) I'm sorry.
3. The rest of the tapes center around what event?
(a) A party.
(b) A class vacation.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A school dance.
4. Where is Clay when he listens to the last tape?
(a) In the rocket sculpture.
(b) In his car.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) On a park bench.
5. What is on the last tape?
(a) Courtney's accusation of rape.
(b) Bryce's taped rape confession.
(c) Hannah's apology to Jessica.
(d) A conversation between Hannah and Mr. Porter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is kissing on the couch that Hannah and Clay are sitting on?
2. What is Clay anxious about?
3. Who interrupts Clay as he is listening to the tapes at Rosie's?
4. What does Hannah ask the listener at the beginning Cassette 6, Side B?
5. What does Clay think about as he watches Tony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tony mean when he tells Clay, "I'm trying to keep us on the road"?
2. What happened to Jessica at the Cottonwood party?
3. At what point in time does Part 9 take place?
4. Why did Hannah like poetry?
5. Why does Clay believe people won't say sorry to Hannah even after she is dead?
6. What is significant about Hannah's appearance in this section?
7. How does listening to Hannah's tapes make Clay feel about their relationship?
8. What does Clay think about as he goes to his locker?
9. What are the last words that Clay remembers speaking to Hannah?
10. How does Hannah's conversation with the guidance counselor, Mr. Porter, turn out?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)