|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Clay in the parking lot of Rosie's?
(c) The man from the counter.
(d) His mother.
2. What does his mother give him along with the tapes?
(a) Money for the movies.
(b) Money for a malted.
(c) The number for a therapist.
(d) A sack lunch.
3. What does Tony tell Clay?
(a) That he is the person following the recipients of the tapes.
(b) That he should go back inside and pay for his meal.
(c) That he was in love with Hannah.
(d) That he is going to report the stolen Walkman to the polic.e
4. Where does Part 9 take place in the timeline of the novel?
(a) After Part 2.
(b) After Part 1.
(c) After the Cottonwood party.
(d) After the prologue.
5. What happens to the student as he leaves the room on an errand for Mr. Porter?
(a) He is caught by the principle.
(b) He runs into an open locker.
(c) He collides with a girl.
(d) He slips and falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony say when Clay asks him why he has Hannah's tapes?
2. Why does Clay run after Skye?
3. What is on the last tape?
4. Why does Clay feel that Hannah got into the hot tub with Bryce?
5. What happens to Skye's footsteps as Clay gets closer to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Hannah go the night she was house sitting for her father's friend?
2. Why did Hannah like poetry?
3. What are the two reasons that Clay is late for school for the first time in his life?
4. What is significant about Hannah's appearance in this section?
5. Who does Clay see walking down the hall at school?
6. Why does Clay believe people won't say sorry to Hannah even after she is dead?
7. Why was Tony waiting for Clay outside of Rosie's diner?
8. If Clay enjoyed spending time with Hannah, and wanted to date her, why didn't he?
9. Why is it ironic that Hannah asks the listener not to give up on her at the beginning of Cassette 6, Side B?
10. What happened as Jenny and Hannah were driving home from the party?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)