|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hannah ensure people will listen to the tapes?
(a) She doesn't.
(b) She trusts the listeners completely.
(c) If they don't, the tapes will be released publicly.
(d) They will be killed if they don't.
2. Who gave Hannah her Valentine list?
3. Where does Clay intend to get a cassette Walkman?
(a) From Tony.
(b) At a yardsale.
(c) From his mother.
(d) In the attic.
4. Who is spying on Hannah using a camera bug?
5. How does Courtney look in the photograph?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hannah kill herself?
2. How did Mr. Porter react to the news of Hannah's death?
3. Who took the picture of Hannah and Courtney posing that was found in the Scribble Book?
4. What does Marcus encourage Clay to do?
5. What is Clay mailing at the post office when the story opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clay remember as he arrives at Hannah's old house, the first stop on the map?
2. What does Clay find in the Scribble Book at Monet's?
3. What rumors do Hannah and Clay remember during cassette 1, side A?
4. What is the "Oh My Dollar Valentine's" event?
5. Why would the author begin the story with a Prologue?
6. Why did Hannah create the tapes and have them sent to different people?
7. How did Marcus Cooley betray Hannah's trust?
8. What does Clay remember about Bryce Walker?
9. What technique does the author use to tell the main body of the story?
10. Why is Clay reluctant to go to school?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)