|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clay remember when he arrives at the first place on the map?
(a) Getting kicked out of a party with Tony.
(b) Kissing Hannah in the gazebo.
(c) Witnessing a car accident.
(d) Getting drunk at a party there.
2. What does Clay discover about Hannah while listening to cassette 2, Side B?
(a) She liked to sing.
(b) She liked Tyler Down.
(c) She wrote poetry.
(d) She was a photographer.
3. How does Hannah ensure people will listen to the tapes?
(a) They will be killed if they don't.
(b) If they don't, the tapes will be released publicly.
(c) She trusts the listeners completely.
(d) She doesn't.
4. Where is Hannah?
(a) At the mall.
(b) At home.
(c) On vacation.
(d) The reader is still unsure.
5. What kind of list did Alex Standall write?
(a) Who is cool and who is not.
(b) Who is smart and who is not.
(c) Who is hot and who is not.
(d) Who is rich and who is not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clay chat with when he arrives at Monet's?
2. Who does Hannah say is both sweet and popular?
3. What does Clay wonder about as he mails the package?
4. What grade is Clay in?
5. Why were Hannah and Jessica introduced?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clay remember as he arrives at Hannah's old house, the first stop on the map?
2. How does Clay's chat with the server at Monet's cause him to wonder about himself?
3. Why does Hannah feel that the rest of her 13 reasons were either directly or indirectly related to this list?
4. Why is Clay shocked and surprised that the tapes are from Hannah?
5. What is Clay thinking about as Hannah is recounting the Valentine's event?
6. What is Clay Jensen doing as the story opens?
7. Who is Alex Standall and what did he do to Hannah?
8. Why would the author begin the story with a Prologue?
9. How does Hannah feel about Courtney Crimson?
10. Who is Skye?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)