|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hannah and Clay go to Cottonwood Street?
(a) To meet each other.
(b) To confront Zach.
(c) To play softball.
(d) To confront Jenny.
2. Why does the guy at Rosie's counter refuse to take Clay's money?
(a) He doesn't want to offend Clay.
(b) He can tell Clay is having a hard time.
(c) He can tell that Clay is poor.
(d) He used to know Hannah too.
3. What does Clay wonder as he goes to his locker?
(a) How he could have saved Hannah.
(b) What is left in Hannah's locker.
(c) How he could have saved Jessica.
(d) Who put the map in his locker.
4. What does Clay think when he hears Mr. Porter's voice?
(a) It will never sound friendly again.
(b) The sound of his voice makes Clay angry.
(c) It will never sound happy again.
(d) Clay thinks about the taped conversation between Porter and Hannah.
5. How does Clay feel about Hannah as the tape plays on?
(a) That she was a victim of everyone at school.
(b) Like he never really knew her.
(c) That she is crazy.
(d) Like he is really getting to know her.
6. What does Clay do when he and Tony pull up in front of the Cottonwood house?
(a) He throws up.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He yells.
(d) He screams.
7. What does Tony do as he is pulling out of the parking lot?
(b) Waves good-bye to Clay.
(c) Stops and stays in the parking lot.
(d) Blasts the radio.
8. What does Hannah ask the listener at the beginning Cassette 6, Side B?
(a) Not to give up on her.
(b) To beat up Bryce.
(c) To give money to the senior's family.
(d) To think about what happened to Jessica.
9. What took place on Cottonwood Street?
(a) A study group.
(b) A charity auction.
(c) A party.
(d) A baseball game.
10. Why does Clay feel that Hannah got into the hot tub with Bryce?
(a) To get revenge.
(b) So she could justify her suicide.
(c) Because she liked Bryce.
(d) To make Clay jealous.
11. What did Tony want to know when he first received the tapes?
(a) If he was on them.
(b) If they had good songs on them.
(c) If Hannah mentioned his car.
(d) If his brother was on them.
12. When does Part 9 take place?
(a) The day after Clay mailed the tapes.
(b) The day before Clay mailed the tapes.
(c) The day before Hannah's suicide.
(d) The day after Hannah's suicide.
13. What does Clay remember of the last time he saw Hannah?
(a) They fought about the kiss at the party.
(b) They bumped into each other and said sorry.
(c) She looked happy.
(d) They saw each other at a movie.
14. What was Hannah doing when she had flashbacks of the Cottonwood party?
15. How does Hannah feel about her conversation with Mr. Porter?
(a) That he didn't understand her at all.
(b) That he was stupid.
(c) That he cared, just not enough.
(d) She is angry and blames him for her death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tony sit at Rosie's?
2. Who is waiting for Clay in the parking lot of Rosie's?
3. Why did Hannah give Tony her bike?
4. Where does Hannah take a poetry writing course?
5. What does Tony have in his possession?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)