|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clay think when he hears Mr. Porter's voice?
(a) The sound of his voice makes Clay angry.
(b) It will never sound friendly again.
(c) Clay thinks about the taped conversation between Porter and Hannah.
(d) It will never sound happy again.
2. What does Clay ask Tony as they are driving?
(a) If they were still friends.
(b) If he loved Hannah too.
(c) If he was at the Cottonwood party.
(d) If he bought the car himself.
3. What bothered the class about the note Hannah left?
(a) It was pathetic.
(b) It was written in red ink.
(c) It was anonymous.
(d) It was from Hannah.
4. What happens to Skye's footsteps as Clay gets closer to her?
(a) They get weaker.
(b) They speed up.
(c) They get louder.
(d) They slow down.
5. When does Part 9 take place?
(a) The day after Clay mailed the tapes.
(b) The day before Clay mailed the tapes.
(c) The day after Hannah's suicide.
(d) The day before Hannah's suicide.
6. What is the name of the boy Hannah met in her poetry class?
7. What is one reason Clay is late to school for the first time in his life?
(a) He hid in his room for a long time.
(b) He went for a run.
(c) He had to mail the tapes.
(d) He wanted to talk to his mother.
8. What does he tell his mother he is doing?
(a) Writing music.
(b) Waiting for a date.
(c) Working on a school project.
(d) The truth.
9. Where does Hannah hide when a new boy enters the room?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) Behind the curtains.
(d) In the bathroom.
10. What happens to Jessica?
(a) She is raped by Justin.
(b) She is raped by Bryce.
(c) She gets sick on the rug.
(d) She dies.
11. How does Clay cut his hand?
(a) He slams it into a park fence.
(b) He gets hit by a car.
(c) He beats up Bryce.
(d) He hits a wall.
12. What does Hannah say to the person who approached her after Marcus left?
(b) Go away.
(d) Do I know you?
13. What does Tony have in his possession?
(a) An apology letter from Zach.
(b) Hannah's diary.
(c) A published book of Hannah's poems.
(d) The second set of tapes.
14. What does his mother give him along with the tapes?
(a) Money for the movies.
(b) Money for a malted.
(c) A sack lunch.
(d) The number for a therapist.
15. Where is Clay when he listens to the last tape?
(a) In the rocket sculpture.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) In his car.
(d) On a park bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay do when he sees Skye walking away from him?
2. Does Tony blame Clay for Hannah's suicide?
3. What did Hannah wear into the hot tub with Bryce?
4. What is on the last tape?
5. Where does Part 9 take place in the timeline of the novel?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)