|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Justin do when Jessica passes out?
(a) He goes to the bathroom.
(b) He locks the door.
(c) He uses the phone.
(d) He leaves the room.
2. Who is waiting for Clay in the parking lot of Rosie's?
(b) His mother.
(c) The man from the counter.
3. What does Clay do when he sees Skye walking away from him?
(a) He runs after her.
(b) He shakes his head.
(c) He calls her name.
(d) He walks the other way.
4. Where is Clay as Part 5 opens?
(a) Peer Communications.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) Monet's Cafe.
(d) Rosie's Diner.
5. Where does Hannah take a poetry writing course?
(a) The public library.
(b) The community college.
(c) The local writer's house.
(d) The local book store.
6. Why does Clay feel that Hannah got into the hot tub with Bryce?
(a) Because she liked Bryce.
(b) To make Clay jealous.
(c) So she could justify her suicide.
(d) To get revenge.
7. Where does Clay go instead of Courtney's house?
(a) The park.
(b) To school.
(c) The movies.
(d) To Tony's.
8. Who is the boy that enters the room where Jessica is passed out?
9. What does Clay think about as he watches Tony?
(a) How he stole Tony's Walkman.
(b) That maybe he should pay his bill and leave too.
(c) That something is wrong with his friend.
(d) Working at the movie theater with Hannah.
10. Who is the girl Clay sees in the hall?
11. What does Tony want Clay to do right away?
(a) Talk to Hannah's mother.
(b) Take out his map.
(c) Go home.
(d) Listen to the next tape.
12. Where does Part 9 take place in the timeline of the novel?
(a) After the Cottonwood party.
(b) After Part 1.
(c) After Part 2.
(d) After the prologue.
13. Whose life does Tony say will never be the same?
14. What is the name of the boy Hannah met in her poetry class?
15. What happened once Hannah's poem was published?
(a) It was read over the school's loud speaker.
(c) People posted it in their lockers.
(d) People began writing parodies of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the guy at Rosie's counter refuse to take Clay's money?
2. What does Clay have that Tony asks about?
3. What happens to Jessica?
4. Where does Hannah hide when a new boy enters the room?
5. Why did Hannah give Tony her bike?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)