|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clay wonder as he goes to his locker?
(a) How he could have saved Hannah.
(b) What is left in Hannah's locker.
(c) Who put the map in his locker.
(d) How he could have saved Jessica.
2. Who interrupts Clay as he is listening to the tapes at Rosie's?
(b) His mother.
(d) The waitress.
3. Why does Clay feel that Hannah got into the hot tub with Bryce?
(a) To get revenge.
(b) Because she liked Bryce.
(c) So she could justify her suicide.
(d) To make Clay jealous.
4. Where does Tony sit at Rosie's?
(a) At a table.
(b) At the counter.
(c) In a booth.
5. What does Clay think about as he watches Tony?
(a) How he stole Tony's Walkman.
(b) That something is wrong with his friend.
(c) Working at the movie theater with Hannah.
(d) That maybe he should pay his bill and leave too.
6. What does Tony do as he is pulling out of the parking lot?
(a) Waves good-bye to Clay.
(c) Stops and stays in the parking lot.
(d) Blasts the radio.
7. Who drove Hannah home from the party?
8. What does Clay have that Tony asks about?
(a) The Walkman.
(b) An iPhone.
(c) His MP3 player.
(d) A mini disk player.
9. What happens to Jessica?
(a) She dies.
(b) She is raped by Justin.
(c) She is raped by Bryce.
(d) She gets sick on the rug.
10. What does his mother give him along with the tapes?
(a) A sack lunch.
(b) The number for a therapist.
(c) Money for a malted.
(d) Money for the movies.
11. What does Tony want Clay to do right away?
(a) Talk to Hannah's mother.
(b) Listen to the next tape.
(c) Take out his map.
(d) Go home.
12. What did Tony realize after listening to the tapes?
(a) That Hannah was going to do something serious.
(b) That Hannah was a liar.
(c) That Hannah was going to move away.
(d) That Hannah was playing a joke on him.
13. What does Mr. Porter suggest Hannah do about the boy who hurt her?
(a) Beat him up.
(b) Press charges or move on.
(c) Forgive him.
(d) Humiliate him in the halls.
14. Who is waiting for Clay in the parking lot of Rosie's?
(b) His mother.
(c) The man from the counter.
15. What does Clay do when he and Tony pull up in front of the Cottonwood house?
(a) He yells.
(b) He screams.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He throws up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tony want to know when he first received the tapes?
2. Where does Clay plan to spend the night?
3. Besides Hannah, who else could have helped Jessica?
4. What is Clay anxious about?
5. When does Hannah say she is going to kill herself?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)