|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the boy steal from Hannah?
(a) A cassette tape.
(c) A poem.
(d) A necklace.
2. What does Clay think when he hears Mr. Porter's voice?
(a) The sound of his voice makes Clay angry.
(b) It will never sound friendly again.
(c) It will never sound happy again.
(d) Clay thinks about the taped conversation between Porter and Hannah.
3. What does Clay wonder as he goes to his locker?
(a) How he could have saved Hannah.
(b) What is left in Hannah's locker.
(c) Who put the map in his locker.
(d) How he could have saved Jessica.
4. Who drove Hannah home from the party?
5. What took place on Cottonwood Street?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) A charity auction.
(c) A study group.
(d) A party.
6. What is Hannah's poem about?
(a) Her adjustment to a new school.
(b) Her relationship with Clay.
(c) Her parents' divorce.
(d) Her thoughts of suicide.
7. What happens between Hannah and Bryce?
(a) She punches him.
(b) They fight.
(c) They have sex.
(d) He punches her.
8. What does Skye say that reminds Clay of Hannah?
(a) Thank you.
(b) Go away.
(c) I love you.
(d) I'm sorry.
9. What does his mother give him along with the tapes?
(a) Money for the movies.
(b) Money for a malted.
(c) The number for a therapist.
(d) A sack lunch.
10. Where does Hannah take a poetry writing course?
(a) The local writer's house.
(b) The community college.
(c) The local book store.
(d) The public library.
11. Where does Tony sit at Rosie's?
(a) At a table.
(b) At the counter.
(d) In a booth.
12. Who is kissing on the couch that Hannah and Clay are sitting on?
(a) Justin and Jenny.
(b) Tony and Veronica.
(c) Marcus and Jenny.
(d) Alex and Jessica.
13. What does Tony have in his possession?
(a) An apology letter from Zach.
(b) A published book of Hannah's poems.
(c) The second set of tapes.
(d) Hannah's diary.
14. How does Clay feel about Hannah as the tape plays on?
(a) That she was a victim of everyone at school.
(b) Like he is really getting to know her.
(c) Like he never really knew her.
(d) That she is crazy.
15. When does Part 9 take place?
(a) The day before Clay mailed the tapes.
(b) The day after Clay mailed the tapes.
(c) The day after Hannah's suicide.
(d) The day before Hannah's suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Hannah say she is going to kill herself?
2. What is the name of the boy Hannah met in her poetry class?
3. Besides Hannah, who else could have helped Jessica?
4. What is Clay anxious to avoid?
5. Where is Clay as Part 5 opens?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)