|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the guy at Rosie's counter refuse to take Clay's money?
(a) He used to know Hannah too.
(b) He doesn't want to offend Clay.
(c) He can tell that Clay is poor.
(d) He can tell Clay is having a hard time.
2. What happens to Jessica?
(a) She is raped by Bryce.
(b) She is raped by Justin.
(c) She dies.
(d) She gets sick on the rug.
3. Where does Hannah hide when a new boy enters the room?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In the closet.
(c) Behind the curtains.
(d) In the bathroom.
4. Why does Clay feel that Hannah got into the hot tub with Bryce?
(a) To get revenge.
(b) To make Clay jealous.
(c) So she could justify her suicide.
(d) Because she liked Bryce.
5. What does Tony want Clay to do right away?
(a) Take out his map.
(b) Go home.
(c) Listen to the next tape.
(d) Talk to Hannah's mother.
6. Who does Clay need to face at school?
(a) Hannah's sister.
(b) Mr. Porter.
(c) The other people on the tapes.
7. Who approached Hannah at Rosie's after Marcus left?
8. What does Clay do when he sees Skye walking away from him?
(a) He shakes his head.
(b) He walks the other way.
(c) He runs after her.
(d) He calls her name.
9. Where is Clay as Part 5 opens?
(a) Peer Communications.
(b) Monet's Cafe.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) Rosie's Diner.
10. What bothered the class about the note Hannah left?
(a) It was anonymous.
(b) It was from Hannah.
(c) It was pathetic.
(d) It was written in red ink.
11. What are Jessica and Justin doing in the bedroom?
(a) Playing a board game.
(c) Using the phone.
(d) Making out.
12. When does Part 9 take place?
(a) The day before Clay mailed the tapes.
(b) The day before Hannah's suicide.
(c) The day after Clay mailed the tapes.
(d) The day after Hannah's suicide.
13. How does Clay feel about Hannah as the tape plays on?
(a) Like he never really knew her.
(b) That she is crazy.
(c) That she was a victim of everyone at school.
(d) Like he is really getting to know her.
14. What did Hannah request of the teacher in an anonymous note?
(a) To give Zach detention.
(b) To give her an A.
(c) To discuss suicide.
(d) To discuss rape.
15. What is on the last tape?
(a) Bryce's taped rape confession.
(b) Courtney's accusation of rape.
(c) Hannah's apology to Jessica.
(d) A conversation between Hannah and Mr. Porter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay do when he and Tony pull up in front of the Cottonwood house?
2. How long did Hannah consider suicide before doing it?
3. Where does Clay go instead of Courtney's house?
4. What is Clay going to spend the next few weeks watching for?
5. What does Clay think when he hears Mr. Porter's voice?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)