|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clay think when he hears Mr. Porter's voice?
(a) It will never sound happy again.
(b) Clay thinks about the taped conversation between Porter and Hannah.
(c) It will never sound friendly again.
(d) The sound of his voice makes Clay angry.
2. The rest of the tapes center around what event?
(a) A party.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A school dance.
(d) A class vacation.
3. What did Hannah request of the teacher in an anonymous note?
(a) To discuss suicide.
(b) To give her an A.
(c) To discuss rape.
(d) To give Zach detention.
4. What are Jessica and Justin doing in the bedroom?
(a) Playing a board game.
(b) Using the phone.
(c) Making out.
5. Where is Clay as Part 5 opens?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) Rosie's Diner.
(c) Peer Communications.
(d) Monet's Cafe.
6. Why did Hannah and Clay go to Cottonwood Street?
(a) To play softball.
(b) To meet each other.
(c) To confront Jenny.
(d) To confront Zach.
7. How long did Hannah consider suicide before doing it?
(a) Several days.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several years.
8. When does Hannah say she is going to kill herself?
(a) The last day of school.
(b) The one year anniversary of the party.
(c) The day after finishing the tapes.
(d) The first day of school.
9. Why does the guy at Rosie's counter refuse to take Clay's money?
(a) He used to know Hannah too.
(b) He can tell that Clay is poor.
(c) He can tell Clay is having a hard time.
(d) He doesn't want to offend Clay.
10. What happened once Hannah's poem was published?
(a) People posted it in their lockers.
(b) It was read over the school's loud speaker.
(c) People began writing parodies of it.
11. What was Hannah doing when she had flashbacks of the Cottonwood party?
12. How does Clay feel Mr. Porter handled the conversation with Hannah?
(a) Better than Clay did.
(c) The best way he could.
13. What does Tony say when Clay asks him why he has Hannah's tapes?
(a) Tony says it is none of Clay's business.
(b) Tony says he was her secret boyfriend.
(c) Tony says he will tell him later.
(d) Tony says he doesn't know.
14. Where does Hannah hide when a new boy enters the room?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) Behind the curtains.
(d) In the bathroom.
15. Who drove Hannah home from the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah say to the person who approached her after Marcus left?
2. What was Hannah's favorite class?
3. What resulted from Jenny running down a stop sign after the party?
4. How does Hannah feel about her conversation with Mr. Porter?
5. What does Clay have that Tony asks about?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)