|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his mother give him along with the tapes?
(a) Money for a malted.
(b) Money for the movies.
(c) A sack lunch.
(d) The number for a therapist.
2. When does Part 9 take place?
(a) The day before Clay mailed the tapes.
(b) The day after Clay mailed the tapes.
(c) The day before Hannah's suicide.
(d) The day after Hannah's suicide.
3. How does Clay feel about Hannah as the tape plays on?
(a) Like he never really knew her.
(b) That she is crazy.
(c) That she was a victim of everyone at school.
(d) Like he is really getting to know her.
4. Why does the guy at Rosie's counter refuse to take Clay's money?
(a) He doesn't want to offend Clay.
(b) He can tell Clay is having a hard time.
(c) He can tell that Clay is poor.
(d) He used to know Hannah too.
5. What happens between Hannah and Bryce?
(a) They fight.
(b) He punches her.
(c) They have sex.
(d) She punches him.
6. What does Tony say when Clay asks him why he has Hannah's tapes?
(a) Tony says he will tell him later.
(b) Tony says it is none of Clay's business.
(c) Tony says he doesn't know.
(d) Tony says he was her secret boyfriend.
7. What is Hannah's poem about?
(a) Her thoughts of suicide.
(b) Her relationship with Clay.
(c) Her adjustment to a new school.
(d) Her parents' divorce.
8. What does Clay do when he and Tony pull up in front of the Cottonwood house?
(a) He throws up.
(b) He screams.
(c) He yells.
(d) He passes out.
9. Why did Hannah give Tony her bike?
(a) His car was broken down.
(b) She didn't need it anymore.
(c) He bought it from her.
(d) He had always admired it.
10. Who drove Hannah home from the party?
11. What does Tony have in his possession?
(a) A published book of Hannah's poems.
(b) An apology letter from Zach.
(c) The second set of tapes.
(d) Hannah's diary.
12. What does Skye say that reminds Clay of Hannah?
(a) Thank you.
(b) Go away.
(c) I'm sorry.
(d) I love you.
13. What was one of the top signs of suicide listed in the pamphlet handed out by the teacher?
(a) Talk of death.
(c) Extra friendliness.
(d) Change of appearance.
14. What does Justin do when Jessica passes out?
(a) He uses the phone.
(b) He leaves the room.
(c) He locks the door.
(d) He goes to the bathroom.
15. Who is waiting for Clay in the parking lot of Rosie's?
(b) The man from the counter.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tony want to know when he first received the tapes?
2. Where is Clay as Part 5 opens?
3. How long did Hannah consider suicide before doing it?
4. Who does Clay need to face at school?
5. Where is Hannah when Justin and Jessica come into the bedroom?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)