|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clay feel as he approaches Skye in the hallway?
2. Who does Clay need to face at school?
(b) The other people on the tapes.
(c) Hannah's sister.
(d) Mr. Porter.
3. Why does Clay feel that Hannah got into the hot tub with Bryce?
(a) Because she liked Bryce.
(b) To make Clay jealous.
(c) So she could justify her suicide.
(d) To get revenge.
4. What does Clay do when he sees Skye walking away from him?
(a) He walks the other way.
(b) He shakes his head.
(c) He calls her name.
(d) He runs after her.
5. What is Hannah's poem about?
(a) Her adjustment to a new school.
(b) Her parents' divorce.
(c) Her thoughts of suicide.
(d) Her relationship with Clay.
6. What is one reason Clay is late to school for the first time in his life?
(a) He wanted to talk to his mother.
(b) He had to mail the tapes.
(c) He hid in his room for a long time.
(d) He went for a run.
7. What took place on Cottonwood Street?
(a) A charity auction.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) A study group.
(d) A party.
8. When does Part 9 take place?
(a) The day after Clay mailed the tapes.
(b) The day after Hannah's suicide.
(c) The day before Clay mailed the tapes.
(d) The day before Hannah's suicide.
9. What does Justin do when Jessica passes out?
(a) He locks the door.
(b) He leaves the room.
(c) He uses the phone.
(d) He goes to the bathroom.
10. What does Tony tell Clay?
(a) That he was in love with Hannah.
(b) That he is going to report the stolen Walkman to the polic.e
(c) That he should go back inside and pay for his meal.
(d) That he is the person following the recipients of the tapes.
11. What is Clay anxious to avoid?
(a) The Valentines dance.
(b) Mr. Porter's class.
(c) Peer Communications class.
(d) Eisnehower Park.
12. What does Hannah ask the listener at the beginning Cassette 6, Side B?
(a) To give money to the senior's family.
(b) To beat up Bryce.
(c) To think about what happened to Jessica.
(d) Not to give up on her.
13. What does Clay think when he hears Mr. Porter's voice?
(a) The sound of his voice makes Clay angry.
(b) It will never sound happy again.
(c) Clay thinks about the taped conversation between Porter and Hannah.
(d) It will never sound friendly again.
14. What does Clay wonder as he goes to his locker?
(a) What is left in Hannah's locker.
(b) Who put the map in his locker.
(c) How he could have saved Jessica.
(d) How he could have saved Hannah.
15. Besides Hannah, who else could have helped Jessica?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the girl Clay sees in the hall?
2. How does Hannah feel about her conversation with Mr. Porter?
3. Whose life does Tony say will never be the same?
4. What resulted from Jenny running down a stop sign after the party?
5. Giving up personal possessions is a sign of _________________.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)