|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he tell his mother he is doing?
(a) Writing music.
(b) Working on a school project.
(c) The truth.
(d) Waiting for a date.
2. Why did Hannah give Tony her bike?
(a) She didn't need it anymore.
(b) He bought it from her.
(c) He had always admired it.
(d) His car was broken down.
3. What took place on Cottonwood Street?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) A charity auction.
(c) A party.
(d) A study group.
4. What is Clay anxious about?
(a) Returning to school.
(b) Mailing the tapes.
(c) Going to the funeral.
(d) Talking to Hannah's mom.
5. What does Hannah do just before the recorder clicks off?
(a) She apologizes.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She sighs.
6. Who drove Hannah home from the party?
7. What is Hannah's poem about?
(a) Her adjustment to a new school.
(b) Her thoughts of suicide.
(c) Her parents' divorce.
(d) Her relationship with Clay.
8. What was Hannah doing when she had flashbacks of the Cottonwood party?
9. What does Clay think when he hears Mr. Porter's voice?
(a) It will never sound happy again.
(b) The sound of his voice makes Clay angry.
(c) Clay thinks about the taped conversation between Porter and Hannah.
(d) It will never sound friendly again.
10. How does Clay cut his hand?
(a) He hits a wall.
(b) He slams it into a park fence.
(c) He beats up Bryce.
(d) He gets hit by a car.
11. What does Clay do when he and Tony pull up in front of the Cottonwood house?
(a) He screams.
(b) He yells.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He throws up.
12. Which side of Cassette 4 is playing in Part 5?
(a) Side C.
(b) Side D.
(c) Side A.
(d) Side B.
13. What appeals to Clay as he looks at the menu?
14. What did the boy steal from Hannah?
(a) A poem.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A cassette tape.
15. Where does Hannah take a poetry writing course?
(a) The public library.
(b) The community college.
(c) The local writer's house.
(d) The local book store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the top signs of suicide listed in the pamphlet handed out by the teacher?
2. What does Clay remember of the last time he saw Hannah?
3. What does Mr. Porter suggest Hannah do about the boy who hurt her?
4. Where does Part 9 take place in the timeline of the novel?
5. What does Clay ask Tony as they are driving?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)