|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which side of Cassette 4 is playing in Part 5?
(a) Side B.
(b) Side C.
(c) Side D.
(d) Side A.
2. When does Part 9 take place?
(a) The day before Clay mailed the tapes.
(b) The day after Hannah's suicide.
(c) The day before Hannah's suicide.
(d) The day after Clay mailed the tapes.
3. What does Clay ask Tony as they are driving?
(a) If he was at the Cottonwood party.
(b) If he loved Hannah too.
(c) If they were still friends.
(d) If he bought the car himself.
4. What did Hannah request of the teacher in an anonymous note?
(a) To discuss rape.
(b) To give her an A.
(c) To give Zach detention.
(d) To discuss suicide.
5. What did Hannah wear into the hot tub with Bryce?
(a) Her dress.
(b) Her t-shirt.
(c) Her bathing suit.
(d) Her underwear.
6. Why does the guy at Rosie's counter refuse to take Clay's money?
(a) He doesn't want to offend Clay.
(b) He can tell Clay is having a hard time.
(c) He can tell that Clay is poor.
(d) He used to know Hannah too.
7. How long did Hannah consider suicide before doing it?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Several years.
(c) Several days.
(d) Several months.
8. How does Clay feel about Hannah as the tape plays on?
(a) Like he never really knew her.
(b) That she was a victim of everyone at school.
(c) Like he is really getting to know her.
(d) That she is crazy.
9. Where is Clay as Part 5 opens?
(a) Monet's Cafe.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) Rosie's Diner.
(d) Peer Communications.
10. Who is the girl Clay sees in the hall?
11. Where does Clay go instead of Courtney's house?
(a) To Tony's.
(b) The movies.
(c) The park.
(d) To school.
12. Why did Hannah give Tony her bike?
(a) He bought it from her.
(b) His car was broken down.
(c) She didn't need it anymore.
(d) He had always admired it.
13. What does Tony say when Clay asks him why he has Hannah's tapes?
(a) Tony says he doesn't know.
(b) Tony says he was her secret boyfriend.
(c) Tony says he will tell him later.
(d) Tony says it is none of Clay's business.
14. What did Tony realize after listening to the tapes?
(a) That Hannah was going to move away.
(b) That Hannah was playing a joke on him.
(c) That Hannah was going to do something serious.
(d) That Hannah was a liar.
15. How did the students treat the bags?
(a) As daily affirmations.
(b) With fear.
(c) As a joke.
(d) With respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tony sit at Rosie's?
2. Where does Part 9 take place in the timeline of the novel?
3. How does Hannah feel about Clay?
4. What does Justin do when Jessica passes out?
5. What is on the last tape?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)