|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tony realize after listening to the tapes?
(a) That Hannah was a liar.
(b) That Hannah was going to move away.
(c) That Hannah was going to do something serious.
(d) That Hannah was playing a joke on him.
2. Why did Hannah and Clay go to Cottonwood Street?
(a) To meet each other.
(b) To play softball.
(c) To confront Jenny.
(d) To confront Zach.
3. Giving up personal possessions is a sign of _________________.
4. Whose life does Tony say will never be the same?
5. What does Clay remember of the last time he saw Hannah?
(a) They saw each other at a movie.
(b) They fought about the kiss at the party.
(c) They bumped into each other and said sorry.
(d) She looked happy.
6. What does Clay think when he hears Mr. Porter's voice?
(a) It will never sound happy again.
(b) The sound of his voice makes Clay angry.
(c) It will never sound friendly again.
(d) Clay thinks about the taped conversation between Porter and Hannah.
7. What does Clay wonder as he goes to his locker?
(a) How he could have saved Hannah.
(b) How he could have saved Jessica.
(c) Who put the map in his locker.
(d) What is left in Hannah's locker.
8. What does Mr. Porter ask a student to do?
(a) Read a poem to class.
(b) Sit in Hannah's chair.
(c) Leave the room as a punishment.
(d) Run an errand to the office.
9. Which side of Cassette 4 is playing in Part 5?
(a) Side D.
(b) Side A.
(c) Side C.
(d) Side B.
10. What was Hannah doing when she had flashbacks of the Cottonwood party?
11. What does Hannah do just before the recorder clicks off?
(a) She cries.
(b) She sighs.
(c) She apologizes.
(d) She laughs.
12. How does Clay cut his hand?
(a) He hits a wall.
(b) He beats up Bryce.
(c) He gets hit by a car.
(d) He slams it into a park fence.
13. What does Clay do when he and Tony pull up in front of the Cottonwood house?
(a) He screams.
(b) He yells.
(c) He throws up.
(d) He passes out.
14. How does Hannah feel about her conversation with Mr. Porter?
(a) She is angry and blames him for her death.
(b) That he didn't understand her at all.
(c) That he cared, just not enough.
(d) That he was stupid.
15. What happens to the student as he leaves the room on an errand for Mr. Porter?
(a) He runs into an open locker.
(b) He collides with a girl.
(c) He slips and falls.
(d) He is caught by the principle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hannah's poem about?
2. Why did Hannah give Tony her bike?
3. What does Skye say that reminds Clay of Hannah?
4. What does Mr. Porter suggest Hannah do about the boy who hurt her?
5. What does Hannah accuse Zach of?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)