|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thirteen Days, pgs. 35-61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who presented the United States case to the United Nations?
(a) John McCone and Robert McNamara.
(b) JFK and Robert Kennedy.
(c) David Shoup and John LeMay.
(d) Adlai Stevenson and John McCloy.
2. Who did Robert admire and who also began attending meetings after the meeting with the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
(a) Secretary McNamara.
(b) General LeMay.
(c) Dean Acheson.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
3. What position did Robert hold in the Kennedy administration?
(b) Press Secretary.
(c) Secretary of Defense.
(d) Attorney General.
4. Who said, "It is exactly what I would have done . . . a great government such as yours does not act without evidence" (41)?
(a) Dean Acheson.
(b) Prime Minister John Diefenbaker.
(c) General de Gaulle.
(d) Chancellor Konrad Adenauer.
5. In the section entitled, "It was now up to one single man," when did JFK hope to broadcast his plan to the nation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was U Thant?
2. After making his decision, when was the President's speech to the nation scheduled for?
3. What does Robert claim was impossible for Ex Comm to come up with when making their recommendations to JFK?
4. On October 18th, photographs showed what disturbing new information?
5. What did Robert sarcastically claim to be the advantage to being wrong in the case of military action?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)