|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is curious about if the narrator killed anybody?
(a) His wife
(b) His daughter
(c) His friend
(d) His son
2. Who do the platoon meet in the village?
(a) A young girl
(b) An old woman
(c) A young boy
(d) An old man
3. Who does Rat Kiley accuse of whispering his name?
(a) The trees
(b) The villagers
(c) The other men in the platoon
(d) The bugs
4. What did Tim use to kill the man on the trail?
(a) A pistol
(b) A machine gun
(c) A trip wire land mine
(d) A grenade
5. What is wrong with the field that Lt. Cross selects as the campsite that night?
(a) It's infested with large bugs
(b) It's crawling with venomous snakes
(c) It's where the village keeps their sewage
(d) It's a graveyard
Short Answer Questions
1. What color clothes was the man wearing when Tim killed him?
2. What part of the story is Tim's own?
3. Other than Kathleen and Tim, who else watched him get into the river?
4. What question does Tim's daughter ask him?
5. Who was the first person Tim grieved for their death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Norman's assessment of his valor and bravery?
2. What does Tim invent about the man he killed?
3. Explain who feels blame for Kiowa's death.
4. How did the men recover Kiowa's body?
5. How does Tim react to Bobby Jorgenson's failings as a medic?
6. How does Rat Kiley cope with the difficult mission of up all night, and sleeping during the day?
7. Contrast the two times Tim was shot.
8. What is the purpose of the visit to the battlefield where Kiowa was killed?
9. Do you agree with Kiowa or Tim's point of view about the kill? Why?
10. Explain Tim's dilemma about how he killed a man on the trail outside My Khe.
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)