|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Tim's daughter ask him?
(a) Did you have a girlfriend in Vietnam?
(b) Did you ever get shot?
(c) Did you lose your best friend in war?
(d) Did you ever kill anyone?
2. What Army position did the narrator hold?
(a) Radio man
(c) Foot soldier
3. Who does Tim blame for his near-death experience?
(a) Mitchell Sanders
(b) Rat Kiley
(c) Morty Phillips
(d) Bobby Jorgenson
4. Who warns Lt. Cross about the location the men choose to camp in?
(a) A group of other soldiers
(b) A group of Vietnamese children
(c) A group of Vietnamese women
(d) The command post
5. What color clothes was the man wearing when Tim killed him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes the decision to NOT alert Lt. Cross about finding the body?
2. What time of day was it when Tim killed the man on the trail?
3. What did Tim use to kill the man on the trail?
4. Which is NOT a way the men react to Rat Kiley's injury?
5. Who do the platoon meet in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the men recover Kiowa's body?
2. What is the main struggle for the narrator/author in the chapter "Good Form?"
3. What important information does the reader learn about the story in the preceding chapter?
4. How is Norma Bowker's life before the war and after the war contrasted?
5. How do Henry Dobbins and Azar disagree about the girl's motive to dance?
6. What does Tim invent about the man he killed?
7. What is the purpose of the visit to the battlefield where Kiowa was killed?
8. What two types of truth are there for the author and reader?
9. What happens to Tim after he kills the man in the path with a grenade?
10. How does Tim react to Bobby Jorgenson's failings as a medic?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)