|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tim take with him on his trip to Vietnam?
(a) His son
(b) His wife
(c) His daughter
(d) His father
2. How old was Tim when he first dealt with death?
3. What is wrong with the field that Lt. Cross selects as the campsite that night?
(a) It's a graveyard
(b) It's crawling with venomous snakes
(c) It's where the village keeps their sewage
(d) It's infested with large bugs
4. How does Rat Kiley deal with the mission at first?
(a) By remaining silent
(b) By killing all the bugs
(c) By talking non stop
(d) By counting as high as he can
5. How did Tim get the idea for the chapter titled "Speaking of Courage?"
(a) From his chat with Lt. Cross
(b) From a visit back to Vietnam
(c) From a letter written by Norman Bowker
(d) From a newspaper article
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tim think would have happened if he ignored the man on the trail?
2. Who was the first person Tim grieved for their death?
3. What personal item did Tim "bury" in the river?
4. What question does Tim's daughter ask him?
5. Who makes the decision to NOT alert Lt. Cross about finding the body?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)