|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tim take with him on his trip to Vietnam?
(a) His daughter
(b) His wife
(c) His son
(d) His father
2. Which is NOT a way Norman Bowker attempts to return to normal life?
(a) Classes at a community college
(b) Basketball at the YMCA
(c) Dating a number of women
(d) Working at various jobs
3. What does the author say about truth?
(a) Story-truth is more real than happening-truth
(b) Everyone has their own truth
(c) Truth is absolute
(d) Truth is unattainable
4. What color clothes was the man wearing when Tim killed him?
5. Who warns Lt. Cross about the location the men choose to camp in?
(a) The command post
(b) A group of other soldiers
(c) A group of Vietnamese children
(d) A group of Vietnamese women
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defends Lt. Cross from being at fault when the other guys want to blame him?
2. What is Tim trying to save with a story?
3. What almost killed Tim?
4. Which is NOT a way the men react to Rat Kiley's injury?
5. What does Tim think would have happened if he ignored the man on the trail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Henry Dobbins and Azar disagree about the girl's motive to dance?
2. How did the men recover Kiowa's body?
3. What is the main struggle for the narrator/author in the chapter "Good Form?"
4. How does Tim react to Bobby Jorgenson's failings as a medic?
5. Contrast the two times Tim was shot.
6. What is Norman's assessment of his valor and bravery?
7. How does Norman Bowker ultimately cope with returning home?
8. What does the dancing girl symbolize to you?
9. What was Tim's first experience with death?
10. Who does Tim go on a trip with and where do they go?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)