|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what area of the body does Norman Bowker attempt to pull the body out of the muck?
(a) His arm
(b) His belt
(c) His hand
(d) His boot
2. What medal did Norman Bowker almost win?
(a) Purple Heart
(b) Medal of Honor
(c) Gold Star
(d) Silver Star
3. How did the old farmer react to Tim?
(a) He gave him a hug
(b) He raised a shovel in defiance
(c) He shook hands and shared war stories
(d) He smiled as he drove past
4. Who makes the decision to NOT alert Lt. Cross about finding the body?
(a) Mitchell Sanders
(c) Henry Dobbins
(d) Rat Kiley
5. What member of the platoon attempts to comfort Tim after he kills a man?
(b) Lt. Cross
(c) Rat Kiley
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Tim's daughter ask him?
2. What did Kiowa's father do?
3. Which is NOT a way Norman Bowker attempts to return to normal life?
4. What time of day was it when Tim killed the man on the trail?
5. What almost killed Tim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Norman's assessment of his valor and bravery?
2. How did the men recover Kiowa's body?
3. What does Tim invent about the man he killed?
4. What does the dancing girl symbolize to you?
5. What important information does the reader learn about the story in the preceding chapter?
6. How does Norman Bowker ultimately cope with returning home?
7. How does Rat Kiley cope with the difficult mission of up all night, and sleeping during the day?
8. What is unique about the movements required of Alpha Company for this chapter's mission?
9. How is Norma Bowker's life before the war and after the war contrasted?
10. What happens to Tim after he kills the man in the path with a grenade?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)