|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Tim's imagination, what village is the man he killed from?
(a) Than Khe
(c) Tra Bong
(d) My Khe
2. What was wrong with the village the men come upon in "Style?"
(a) It is deserted
(b) It is mostly all burned
(c) All the villagers are sick
(d) The villagers are all supporting the American cause
3. Who is curious about if the narrator killed anybody?
(a) His son
(b) His daughter
(c) His friend
(d) His wife
4. Which is NOT a way Norman Bowker attempts to return to normal life?
(a) Basketball at the YMCA
(b) Working at various jobs
(c) Classes at a community college
(d) Dating a number of women
5. Who was the first person Tim grieved for their death?
(a) His grandfather
(c) The man he killed on the trail
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers are said to be in the platoon?
2. What question does Tim's daughter ask him?
3. Who does Rat Kiley accuse of whispering his name?
4. Which feeling does the narrator not admit to about the war?
5. What is the name of Tim's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the visit to the battlefield where Kiowa was killed?
2. Who does Tim go on a trip with and where do they go?
3. What is unique about the movements required of Alpha Company for this chapter's mission?
4. Do you agree with Kiowa or Tim's point of view about the kill? Why?
5. How do Henry Dobbins and Azar disagree about the girl's motive to dance?
6. What is the main struggle for the narrator/author in the chapter "Good Form?"
7. How did the men recover Kiowa's body?
8. Explain who feels blame for Kiowa's death.
9. What power do stories have for people dealing with death?
10. What happens to Tim after he kills the man in the path with a grenade?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)