|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tim use to kill the man on the trail?
(a) A grenade
(b) A trip wire land mine
(c) A machine gun
(d) A pistol
2. By what area of the body does Norman Bowker attempt to pull the body out of the muck?
(a) His belt
(b) His arm
(c) His hand
(d) His boot
3. Which soldier is killed in the swampy field, and subsequently stuck in the muck?
(a) Rat Kiley
(c) Ted Lavender
(d) Henry Dobbins
4. How old was Tim when he first dealt with death?
5. What question does Tim's daughter ask him?
(a) Did you have a girlfriend in Vietnam?
(b) Did you ever get shot?
(c) Did you ever kill anyone?
(d) Did you lose your best friend in war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man on trail wear on his feet?
2. What activity does Norman Bowker do to avoid his troubles?
3. How many soldiers are said to be in the platoon?
4. Who mimics the girl's dancing later that night, making Henry Dobbins angry?
5. How did the old farmer react to Tim?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Henry Dobbins and Azar disagree about the girl's motive to dance?
2. What was Tim's first experience with death?
3. Explain Tim's dilemma about how he killed a man on the trail outside My Khe.
4. What happens to Tim after he kills the man in the path with a grenade?
5. What is the main struggle for the narrator/author in the chapter "Good Form?"
6. What is Norman's assessment of his valor and bravery?
7. What is unique about the movements required of Alpha Company for this chapter's mission?
8. What does the dancing girl symbolize to you?
9. Contrast the two times Tim was shot.
10. Do you agree with Kiowa or Tim's point of view about the kill? Why?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)