|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What almost killed Tim?
(a) A shot to the shoulder
(b) A knife wound from town
(c) A partial land mine detonation
(d) An improperly dressed wound
2. What does the author say about truth?
(a) Truth is absolute
(b) Story-truth is more real than happening-truth
(c) Truth is unattainable
(d) Everyone has their own truth
3. How old was Tim when he first dealt with death?
4. Who helps Tim spook Bobby Jorgenson out on patrol?
(b) Henry Dobbins
(c) Morty Phillips
(d) Mitchell Sanders
5. How did Rat Kiley tease Tim to keep him out of shock?
(a) He quoted from his medical manual in a pompous voice
(b) He made jokes about Tim dressing in drag
(c) He sang songs as he dressed the wound
(d) He pretended Tim had been pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day was it when Tim killed the man on the trail?
2. What event causes Tim to revise "Speaking of Courage," following Norman Bowker's advice?
3. What couldn't Tim bring himself to do?
4. The man Tim killed had a hole the shape of what where an eye was supposed to be?
5. Who defends Lt. Cross from being at fault when the other guys want to blame him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tim invent about the man he killed?
2. What is unique about the movements required of Alpha Company for this chapter's mission?
3. Explain who feels blame for Kiowa's death.
4. How did the men recover Kiowa's body?
5. What important information does the reader learn about the story in the preceding chapter?
6. Contrast the two times Tim was shot.
7. How does Tim react to Bobby Jorgenson's failings as a medic?
8. What is the main struggle for the narrator/author in the chapter "Good Form?"
9. What is the purpose of the visit to the battlefield where Kiowa was killed?
10. What two types of truth are there for the author and reader?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)