|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defends Lt. Cross from being at fault when the other guys want to blame him?
(b) Norman Bowker
(c) Mitchell Sanders
(d) Henry Dobbins
2. What landmark was Tim able to recognize in the field where Kiowa died, years later?
(a) The exact place where Kiowa was hit by a shell
(b) The landing area the men cleared for the chopper
(c) The small area where Lt. Cross had set up command post
(d) The place where his foxhole was
3. How did the old farmer react to Tim?
(a) He raised a shovel in defiance
(b) He smiled as he drove past
(c) He gave him a hug
(d) He shook hands and shared war stories
4. Who warns Lt. Cross about the location the men choose to camp in?
(a) A group of Vietnamese children
(b) The command post
(c) A group of Vietnamese women
(d) A group of other soldiers
5. Who is the most upset by the act, and wants to know why the villager is behaving that way?
(b) Henry Dobbins
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Tim notice as he tries to process the death of the man he killed?
2. Who is the most "spooked" in the end?
3. What medal did Norman Bowker almost win?
4. What does the author say about truth?
5. What did the man on trail wear on his feet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the visit to the battlefield where Kiowa was killed?
2. How do Henry Dobbins and Azar disagree about the girl's motive to dance?
3. What two types of truth are there for the author and reader?
4. What is the main struggle for the narrator/author in the chapter "Good Form?"
5. How does Rat Kiley cope with the difficult mission of up all night, and sleeping during the day?
6. Explain who feels blame for Kiowa's death.
7. What is unique about the movements required of Alpha Company for this chapter's mission?
8. How does Norman Bowker ultimately cope with returning home?
9. How does Tim react to Bobby Jorgenson's failings as a medic?
10. How is Norma Bowker's life before the war and after the war contrasted?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)