|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tim trying to save with a story?
(a) Linda's memory
(b) All of his war buddies' lives
(c) His own life
(d) Kathleen's education
2. How do the men in the platoon treat Tim when they run into him at the supply command?
(a) They treat him distantly, because he isn't one of them anymore
(b) They treat him politely and ask him for favors
(c) They ignore him because they all thought he died
(d) They greet him and treat him as if nothing happened
3. The man Tim killed had a hole the shape of what where an eye was supposed to be?
(a) A star
(b) A circle
(c) A heart
(d) A crescent moon
4. Who do the platoon meet in the village?
(a) An old woman
(b) A young boy
(c) A young girl
(d) An old man
5. What source of light gave away the platoon's position?
(a) A camera flash
(b) A flashlight
(c) A camp fire
(d) A cigarette
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does Norman Bowker do to avoid his troubles?
2. What was the young man trying to show Kiowa before "the whole field blew up around them?"
3. What part of the story is Tim's own?
4. What did Kiowa's father do?
5. What time of day was it when Tim killed the man on the trail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rat Kiley cope with the difficult mission of up all night, and sleeping during the day?
2. What is the purpose of the visit to the battlefield where Kiowa was killed?
3. How is Norma Bowker's life before the war and after the war contrasted?
4. Contrast the two times Tim was shot.
5. What is unique about the movements required of Alpha Company for this chapter's mission?
6. What was Tim's first experience with death?
7. Explain who feels blame for Kiowa's death.
8. How do Henry Dobbins and Azar disagree about the girl's motive to dance?
9. What does Tim invent about the man he killed?
10. Explain Tim's dilemma about how he killed a man on the trail outside My Khe.
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)