|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tim's daughter?
(a) Mary Anne
2. Who does Rat Kiley accuse of whispering his name?
(a) The other men in the platoon
(b) The trees
(c) The villagers
(d) The bugs
3. Who mimics the girl's dancing later that night, making Henry Dobbins angry?
(c) Rat Kiley
(d) Curt Lemon
4. How did Tim get the idea for the chapter titled "Speaking of Courage?"
(a) From a visit back to Vietnam
(b) From a letter written by Norman Bowker
(c) From a newspaper article
(d) From his chat with Lt. Cross
5. What landmark was Tim able to recognize in the field where Kiowa died, years later?
(a) The small area where Lt. Cross had set up command post
(b) The place where his foxhole was
(c) The landing area the men cleared for the chopper
(d) The exact place where Kiowa was hit by a shell
Short Answer Questions
1. What source of light gave away the platoon's position?
2. What animal does Tim notice as he tries to process the death of the man he killed?
3. Who does Tim blame for his near-death experience?
4. What did Kiowa's father do?
5. How did the old farmer react to Tim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the dancing girl symbolize to you?
2. What is the main struggle for the narrator/author in the chapter "Good Form?"
3. What is Norman's assessment of his valor and bravery?
4. Who does Tim go on a trip with and where do they go?
5. How does Rat Kiley cope with the difficult mission of up all night, and sleeping during the day?
6. How does Norman Bowker ultimately cope with returning home?
7. What power do stories have for people dealing with death?
8. Contrast the two times Tim was shot.
9. How do Henry Dobbins and Azar disagree about the girl's motive to dance?
10. How is Norma Bowker's life before the war and after the war contrasted?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)