|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a war story NOT about?
(a) Teaching a lesson
(b) Love and memory
(c) Peole who never listen
2. Where is the first draft of the story inspired by Norman Bowker published?
(a) On the Internet
(b) In an anthology of short stories
(c) In a national magazine
(d) In Reader's Digest
3. Who visited the author, Tim O'Brien, to talk?
(b) Jimmy Cross
(c) Rat Kiley
(d) Mitchell Sanders
4. What item owned by Dave Jensen is missing?
(a) A girlfriend's photograph
(b) A personal letter
(c) A food ration
(d) A jackknife
5. After his first episode with the dentist, what did Curt Lemon do?
(a) Sit by himself under a tree
(b) Go for a swim
(c) Play a game of checkers
(d) Volunteer to go out on patrol
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has it been since the war for the author, at the time of writing the novel?
2. What did Kiowa's father do?
3. What does Tim think would have happened if he ignored the man on the trail?
4. What personal item did Tim "bury" in the river?
5. Who is the most upset by the act, and wants to know why the villager is behaving that way?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)