|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men camp in the chapter titled "Church?"
(a) Beneath a Hindu statue
(b) A pagoda
(c) In a village with refugee clerics
(d) At a Christian mission
2. What does Elroy do to tempt Tim to run away?
(a) He takes Tim fishing right by the border
(b) He speaks out against the war
(c) He gives Tim a contact to call in Canada
(d) He promises to lead Tim into Canada
3. How did Tim protest the war?
(a) Participating in a parade
(b) Setting the recruiting station on fire
(c) Organizing sit ins at his college
(d) Ringing doorbells for McCarthy
4. How could Kiowa be sure the man would have done harm to the platoon if Tim had not killed him?
(a) The man carried dog tags of dead American soldiers
(b) The man carried letters of troop movements
(c) The man carried a gun and ammunition
(d) The man carried a supply of land mines
5. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
(b) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
(c) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
(d) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Tim stay with Elroy at the Tip Top Lodge?
2. Where is Tim's first job after college?
3. Where is the first draft of the story inspired by Norman Bowker published?
4. What does Rat Kiley do to treat Lee Strunk's injury?
5. How is Henry Dobbins described by the narrator?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)