|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Lee Strunk's body is broken?
(a) His nose
(b) His ego
(c) His arm
(d) His leg
2. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
(b) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
(c) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
(d) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
3. Who shares the story of the girlfriend in Vietnam?
(a) Dave Jensen
(b) Rat Kiley
(c) Curt Lemon
(d) Mitchell Sanders
4. Who did the monks take a special liking to and call "Soldier Jesus?"
(a) Henry Dobbins
(b) The narrator
(c) Lt. Cross
5. What memory forced the men to switch from coffee to gin?
(a) The loss of Martha's love
(b) The deaths of men after they returned home
(c) The death of Ted Lavender
(d) The remorse of killing others
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kiowa teach to Rat Kiley?
2. What is Jimmy Cross's last request to Tim at the end chapter 2?
3. How do the men in the platoon treat Tim when they run into him at the supply command?
4. How does Kiowa describe Ted Lavender's death?
5. Where is the platoon at?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)