|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Lee Strunk's body is broken?
(a) His ego
(b) His arm
(c) His leg
(d) His nose
2. Mitchell Sanders sent what in his letter to the Ohio Draft Board?
(b) Body lice
(c) A dead boy's thumb
(d) Letters home
3. How long does Tim stay with Elroy at the Tip Top Lodge?
(a) 2 days
(b) 1 weekend
(c) 6 days
(d) 1 week
4. What is Jimmy Cross's last request to Tim at the end chapter 2?
(a) To make sure he is buried at home
(b) To not mention something in his book
(c) To help him find a job
(d) To take care of Martha for him
5. What landmark was Tim able to recognize in the field where Kiowa died, years later?
(a) The place where his foxhole was
(b) The exact place where Kiowa was hit by a shell
(c) The landing area the men cleared for the chopper
(d) The small area where Lt. Cross had set up command post
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the area the men are in?
2. How many years has it been since the war for the author, at the time of writing the novel?
3. Why is Kiowa against camping at the pagoda?
4. What was unique about the mission the men were given when Rat Kiley was injured?
5. Who does Tim blame for his near-death experience?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)