|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Curt Lemon "all smiles" the next morning?
(a) To make everyone know how great he was at killing Viet Cong
(b) To keep from laughing at the rest of the platoon
(c) To show off the tooth he had pulled
(d) To celebrate his attack on the dentist
2. Where is Lee Strunk when Dave Jensen shows his broken nose?
(a) His foxhole
(b) In the hospital
(c) Playing cards with other men
(d) Around the fire
3. Which soldier is killed in the swampy field, and subsequently stuck in the muck?
(a) Rat Kiley
(b) Henry Dobbins
(d) Ted Lavender
4. What game do Henry Dobbins and Norman Bowker play?
(b) 20 Questions
(d) Rock, Paper, Scissors
5. How do the men in the platoon treat Tim when they run into him at the supply command?
(a) They treat him politely and ask him for favors
(b) They greet him and treat him as if nothing happened
(c) They ignore him because they all thought he died
(d) They treat him distantly, because he isn't one of them anymore
Short Answer Questions
1. "A true war story, if truly told, makes the ____________ believe."
2. What does Dave Jensen do when he snaps?
3. Where does Tim consider running to?
4. Who does Rat Kiley accuse of whispering his name?
5. What almost killed Tim?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)