|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Tim O'Brien when he wrote the book?
2. What happens to Lee Strunk?
(a) He dies on the operating table
(b) He dies in a helicopter crash
(c) He lives and is reassigned to a supply command
(d) He lives with Dave Jensen after the war
3. What was Norman Bowker's chief criticism of the first draft of "Speaking of Courage?"
(a) The piece is too short
(b) A lack of details
(c) The piece is too long
(d) It was a gross embellishment of the truth
4. What makes the men begin to believe in the good luck of Henry Dobbins' object?
(a) He escapes certain death
(b) He kills the most number of enemies
(c) Women in the village blow him kisses
(d) He never is picked for tunnel duty
5. What does Mary Anne like to do when she disappears from the medical unit?
(a) Go swimming by herself
(b) Go visit in the villages with other women
(c) Go see her secret Viet Cong lover
(d) Go out on patrols with the Green Berets
Short Answer Questions
1. Who began to tense up in the line waiting for an examination?
2. What is a war story NOT about?
3. Which is NOT a way Norman Bowker attempts to return to normal life?
4. According to the narrator, what is a characteristic of a "true war story?"
5. Who is unlucky to draw tunnel duty during the mission outside Than Khe?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)