|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "If you weren't humping, you were __________."
(c) Playing Games
2. After the letter what does Henry Dobbins decide to do?
(a) Sits down and cries over the loss of his mother
(b) Wear the pantyhose anyway; the magic is still there
(c) Injure himself so he can get home to see his sister
(d) Sends his payment certificates to his girlfriend
3. What event causes Tim to revise "Speaking of Courage," following Norman Bowker's advice?
(a) A letter from Kiowa's father
(b) The death of Lt. Cross
(c) Norman Boker's suicide
(d) Feedback from his daughter
4. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
(b) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
(c) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
(d) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
5. Who gets into a fist fight?
(a) Lee Strunk and Mitchell Sanders
(b) Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk
(c) Dave Jensen and Henry Dobbins
(d) Rat Kiley and Mitchell Sanders
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does he stop before crossing the border?
2. Where is Lee Strunk when Dave Jensen shows his broken nose?
3. Who is unlucky to draw tunnel duty during the mission outside Than Khe?
4. What time of day was it when Tim killed the man on the trail?
5. Who warns Lt. Cross about the location the men choose to camp in?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)