|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
(b) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
(c) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
(d) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
2. "Hump it" means what?
(a) Dig a foxhole
(b) Shoot at the enemy
(c) Stay in formation
(d) To carry something
3. How does Jimmy ask Tim to portray him in the book he is writing?
(a) Heroic and courageous
(b) Mean and strict
(c) Smart and crafty
(d) Brave and handsome
4. Which man cut off the thumb of a dead Viet-Cong boy?
(a) Mitchell Sanders
(c) Rat Kiley
(d) Norman Bowker
5. Where is Martha a student?
(a) New Jersey College
(b) Mount Sebastian College
(c) Madison State University
(d) Princeton University
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men call plane rides home to America?
2. How much money is the "Emergency Fund" envelope?
3. In what year was the college reunion where Jimmy Cross reunited with Martha?
4. What is Jimmy Cross's last request to Tim at the end chapter 2?
5. How does Kiowa describe Ted Lavender's death?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)