|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is unlucky to draw tunnel duty during the mission outside Than Khe?
(a) Lee Strunk
(b) Henry Dobbins
(c) Mitchell Sanders
(d) Ted Lavender
2. What color are Martha's eyes?
3. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
(b) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
(c) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
(d) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
4. "If you weren't humping, you were __________."
(d) Playing Games
5. When was Ted Lavender killed outside of the village Than Khe?
(a) First week of August
(b) Middle of August
(c) First week of April
(d) Middle of April
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited the author, Tim O'Brien, to talk?
2. Martha became a trained __________.
3. How does Jimmy ask Tim to portray him in the book he is writing?
4. What are Tim's duties at the pig factory?
5. What did Kiowa teach to Rat Kiley?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)