|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Ted Lavender killed outside of the village Than Khe?
(a) Middle of August
(b) First week of August
(c) Middle of April
(d) First week of April
2. What color are Martha's eyes?
3. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
(b) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
(c) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
(d) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
4. What did Lt. Cross keep under his tongue?
(a) A bullet
(b) A pebble
(c) A piece of candy
(d) A grain of rice
5. Who was excused from tunnel duty due to size?
(a) Henry Dobbins
(b) Lee Strunk
(c) Rat Kiley
(d) Ted Lavender
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kiowa says "No choice, Tim. What else could you do?" what can we assume he is talking about?
2. What word does Ted Lavender use to describe the war?
3. Which man cut off the thumb of a dead Viet-Cong boy?
4. Where does he stop before crossing the border?
5. Where does Jimmy Cross stay while he visits Tim?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)