|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elroy do to tempt Tim to run away?
(a) He speaks out against the war
(b) He takes Tim fishing right by the border
(c) He gives Tim a contact to call in Canada
(d) He promises to lead Tim into Canada
2. How does Kiowa describe Ted Lavender's death?
(a) Slow Motion
(b) Boom Down
(c) Bang Dead
(d) Great Suffering
3. "Hump it" means what?
(a) Dig a foxhole
(b) To carry something
(c) Stay in formation
(d) Shoot at the enemy
4. How did Tim protest the war?
(a) Setting the recruiting station on fire
(b) Organizing sit ins at his college
(c) Ringing doorbells for McCarthy
(d) Participating in a parade
5. When Kiowa says "No choice, Tim. What else could you do?" what can we assume he is talking about?
(a) A man Tim killed
(b) Tim running away
(c) Tim's girlfriend wrote a letter to say she was seeing someone else
(d) Tim forgot to warn the platoon about a land mine he saw
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Tim Lavender's stray puppy with a Claymore?
2. Who was excused from tunnel duty due to size?
3. How old is Tim O'Brien when he wrote the book?
4. Because he is a coward, what does Tim do?
5. Norman Bowker's father only cares about what?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)