|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Norman Bowker's father only cares about what?
(a) His son coming home safely
(b) Where his son is serving
(c) The medals his son brings home
(d) His son's position in the army
2. What is Jimmy Cross's last request to Tim at the end chapter 2?
(a) To take care of Martha for him
(b) To help him find a job
(c) To make sure he is buried at home
(d) To not mention something in his book
3. What game do Henry Dobbins and Norman Bowker play?
(c) 20 Questions
(d) Rock, Paper, Scissors
4. When Kiowa says "No choice, Tim. What else could you do?" what can we assume he is talking about?
(a) Tim's girlfriend wrote a letter to say she was seeing someone else
(b) Tim forgot to warn the platoon about a land mine he saw
(c) Tim running away
(d) A man Tim killed
5. Which of the following is NOT a way the men resupplied the things they carried?
(a) Supply chopper
(b) Supply tent
(d) Scavenging from fallen enemies
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jimmy Cross get another photograph of Martha?
2. Where does Jimmy Cross stay while he visits Tim?
3. How do we know the narrator is the author, Tim O'Brien?
4. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
5. What did Lt. Cross keep under his tongue?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)