|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tim join the army?
(a) The draft
(b) To get out of going to jail
(c) Joining an officer's trainging program
(d) Signing up with a recruiter
2. How does Kiowa describe Ted Lavender's death?
(a) Bang Dead
(b) Boom Down
(c) Slow Motion
(d) Great Suffering
3. Which man cut off the thumb of a dead Viet-Cong boy?
(a) Rat Kiley
(b) Mitchell Sanders
(d) Norman Bowker
4. What did Lt. Cross keep under his tongue?
(a) A pebble
(b) A bullet
(c) A piece of candy
(d) A grain of rice
5. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
(b) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
(c) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
(d) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Tim stay with Elroy at the Tip Top Lodge?
2. Who does Azar give a chocolate bar to?
3. In what year was the college reunion where Jimmy Cross reunited with Martha?
4. How do we know the narrator is the author, Tim O'Brien?
5. Martha became a trained __________.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)