|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
(b) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
(c) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
(d) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
2. Martha became a trained __________.
3. What does Elroy do to tempt Tim to run away?
(a) He promises to lead Tim into Canada
(b) He takes Tim fishing right by the border
(c) He gives Tim a contact to call in Canada
(d) He speaks out against the war
4. How much money is the "Emergency Fund" envelope?
5. Where does Tim consider running to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Norman Bowker's father only cares about what?
2. What year does Tim graduate college?
3. How long does Tim stay with Elroy at the Tip Top Lodge?
4. When Kiowa says "No choice, Tim. What else could you do?" what can we assume he is talking about?
5. What do the men call plane rides home to America?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)