|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mitchell Sanders sent what in his letter to the Ohio Draft Board?
(a) Body lice
(b) Letters home
(c) A dead boy's thumb
2. How does Tim join the army?
(a) To get out of going to jail
(b) Signing up with a recruiter
(c) The draft
(d) Joining an officer's trainging program
3. Where does Jimmy Cross stay while he visits Tim?
(a) Tim's guest room
(b) The nearby army base
(c) He lives next door
(d) A hotel
4. What is another name for a land mine?
(b) Toe Popper
(c) Sizzling Sally
(d) Last Step
5. Who does Tim credit with saving his life?
(a) Elroy Berdahl
(b) His father
(c) Mitchell Sanders
(d) Aunt Jean
Short Answer Questions
1. What memory forced the men to switch from coffee to gin?
2. How long does Tim stay with Elroy at the Tip Top Lodge?
3. What game do Henry Dobbins and Norman Bowker play?
4. In what year was the college reunion where Jimmy Cross reunited with Martha?
5. What does Elroy do to tempt Tim to run away?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)