|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mitchell Sanders sent what in his letter to the Ohio Draft Board?
(a) A dead boy's thumb
(b) Letters home
(c) Body lice
2. Who does Azar give a chocolate bar to?
(a) A kid with a puppy
(b) A boy with one leg
(c) A man in the platoon who is about to die
(d) A pretty girl he sees
3. What word does Ted Lavender use to describe the war?
4. Norman Bowker's father only cares about what?
(a) Where his son is serving
(b) The medals his son brings home
(c) His son coming home safely
(d) His son's position in the army
5. How long does Tim stay with Elroy at the Tip Top Lodge?
(a) 6 days
(b) 1 weekend
(c) 2 days
(d) 1 week
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
2. What does Elroy do to tempt Tim to run away?
3. Who is unlucky to draw tunnel duty during the mission outside Than Khe?
4. When Kiowa says "No choice, Tim. What else could you do?" what can we assume he is talking about?
5. How much money is the "Emergency Fund" envelope?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)