|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are Martha's eyes?
2. What did Lt. Cross keep under his tongue?
(a) A piece of candy
(b) A grain of rice
(c) A bullet
(d) A pebble
3. What are Tim's duties at the pig factory?
(a) Throat cutter
4. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
(b) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
(c) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
(d) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
5. When Kiowa says "No choice, Tim. What else could you do?" what can we assume he is talking about?
(a) A man Tim killed
(b) Tim running away
(c) Tim forgot to warn the platoon about a land mine he saw
(d) Tim's girlfriend wrote a letter to say she was seeing someone else
Short Answer Questions
1. "If you weren't humping, you were __________."
2. How do we know the narrator is the author, Tim O'Brien?
3. What game do Henry Dobbins and Norman Bowker play?
4. What word does Ted Lavender use to describe the war?
5. How does Tim join the army?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)