|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jimmy Cross get another photograph of Martha?
(a) Martha's mother mailed him one after he came home
(b) She gave it to him at a college reunion
(c) Martha died, and he cut it out of the newspaper
(d) He actually saved one from burning in Vietnam
2. Where does he stop before crossing the border?
(a) Tip Top Lodge
(b) At a campsite
(c) His Aunt's house
(d) Niagra Falls
3. What is another name for a land mine?
(b) Toe Popper
(c) Sizzling Sally
(d) Last Step
4. What memory forced the men to switch from coffee to gin?
(a) The death of Ted Lavender
(b) The deaths of men after they returned home
(c) The loss of Martha's love
(d) The remorse of killing others
5. What object is Mitchell Sanders described with each time he is talking?
(a) A yo-yo
(b) A cigarette lighter
(c) A deck of cards
(d) A coin he flips
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
2. Where is the platoon at?
3. Who visited the author, Tim O'Brien, to talk?
4. How do we know the narrator is the author, Tim O'Brien?
5. How does Tim join the army?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)