|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tim protest the war?
(a) Organizing sit ins at his college
(b) Setting the recruiting station on fire
(c) Participating in a parade
(d) Ringing doorbells for McCarthy
2. What does Rat Kiley do first to the baby water buffalo?
(a) Shoots it in the head
(b) Shoots it in the knee
(c) Offers it pork and beans
(d) Takes it for a walk
3. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
(b) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
(c) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
(d) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
4. What does Mitchell Sanders call 'Nam'?
(b) Garden of Eden
(c) Garden of Evil
5. What movie did Jimmy Cross and Martha see on their date before the war?
(a) Bonnie and Clyde
(b) Pillow Talk
(c) Roman Holiday
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for a land mine?
2. Because he is a coward, what does Tim do?
3. Where is Tim's first job after college?
4. Who tells the war story about the listening patrol?
5. What does Elroy do to tempt Tim to run away?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)