Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Obierika bring for Okonkwo two years after Okonkwo had been exiled?
2. What is the first thing Mr. Kiaga orders the outcasts to do if they want to remain in the new religion?
3. What happens in Umuofia the next time Obierika comes to visit Okonkwo, two years later?
4. What punishment does the District Commissioner give the six leaders of Umuofia?
5. Why does Obierika tell Okonkwo that it is too late to fight the white man and drive him from the land?
Essay Topic 1
1) Give three examples from the novel when Okonkwo uses poor impulse control.
2) Summarize the clan's reaction to the events.
3) Analyze the consequences of Okonkwo's actions.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the three rituals of a wedding engagement for the Ibo people: the bride price, the delivery of the palm-wine, and the confession. Give a detailed summary of each ceremony.
Essay Topic 3
Enoch, the court messenger, is the cause of one of the biggest conflicts between the white man and the clan members. Describe the consequences of his offense and how it leads to further tragedy in the novel.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)