|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the six leaders of Umuofia during their meeting with the District Commissioner?
2. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
3. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
4. When the missionaries ask the rulers of Mbanta for land to build their church, what do the rulers give them?
5. Who touches off the conflict between church and clan in Umuofia that has been building since Mr. Brown left?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the evidence presented to the egwugwu in the case of Mgbafo and Uzowlulu. Do you think the testimony given by each side is convincing? Defend or criticize the verdict of the egwugwu.
Essay Topic 2
Write three paragraphs relating the events that led up to Okonkwo's demise for the District Commissioner's book: The Pacification of the Primitive Tribes of the Lower Niger.
Essay Topic 3
1) Compare and contrast the characters of Mr. Brown and Reverend Smith.
2) Summarize the impact each character had on the native culture.
3) In your opinion, which character is the most effective? Defend your stance.
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)