|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is called the Crystal of Beauty in Mbanta, growing into a healthy, buoyant young woman?
2. What does Enoch do that is one of the greatest crimes a man can commit during the annual ceremony?
3. Every man learns the language of the ekwe. How does the wooden instrument let the people know exactly who has died?
4. What does the District Commissioner do three days after the destruction of the church?
5. What is Okonkwo's popular nickname?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Give three examples from the novel when Okonkwo uses poor impulse control.
2) Summarize the clan's reaction to the events.
3) Analyze the consequences of Okonkwo's actions.
Essay Topic 2
1) Summarize the economic system of the Igbo people before the white man's appearance.
2) How was wealth determined?
3) Describe how a man could attain wealth if nothing was left to him by his father.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the evidence presented to the egwugwu in the case of Mgbafo and Uzowlulu. Do you think the testimony given by each side is convincing? Defend or criticize the verdict of the egwugwu.
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)