Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Obierika bring for Okonkwo two years after Okonkwo had been exiled?
2. What is the first thing Mr. Kiaga orders the outcasts to do if they want to remain in the new religion?
3. What happens in Umuofia the next time Obierika comes to visit Okonkwo, two years later?
4. What punishment does the District Commissioner give the six leaders of Umuofia?
5. Why does Obierika tell Okonkwo that it is too late to fight the white man and drive him from the land?
Essay Topic 1
1) Analyze Okonkwo's suicide at the end of the novel.
2) Did he have any other alternatives?
3) Do you think this act made him more or less of a hero to his people? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the evidence presented to the egwugwu in the case of Mgbafo and Uzowlulu. Do you think the testimony given by each side is convincing? Defend or criticize the verdict of the egwugwu.
Essay Topic 3
1) What are some of the differences between the white man's religion and government and the way of life of the inhabitants of Umuofia?
2) What indications are there that the District Commissioner and Reverend Smith consider theirs a superior culture and try to impose it on the Igbo people?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)