|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people say "Mother is Supreme" when the man is the head of the family and his wives and children are obedient to him?
2. Who is captivated by the message of the missionaries?
3. What is the first thing Okonkwo plans to do when he returns to his clan?
4. What does Nwoye do after his father, Okonkwo, beats him for being with the missionaries?
5. What does Okika suggest they do that their fathers had never done before?
Essay Topic 1
1) What are some of the differences between the white man's religion and government and the way of life of the inhabitants of Umuofia?
2) What indications are there that the District Commissioner and Reverend Smith consider theirs a superior culture and try to impose it on the Igbo people?
Essay Topic 2
1) Analyze the character of Okonkwo.
2) How is he depicted by the author?
3) How is he revealed through his own words and actions, and through the observations of other characters?
Essay Topic 3
1) Compare and contrast two characters from the novel.
2) What are their physical descriptions, their personalities, feelings, and speech and behavior?
3) Are they believable characters, and how do other characters feel about them?
4) How do they relate to one another?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)