|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the elders fear for the young people of the village?
2. Who is the white missionary that makes friends with great men of the clan and is presented with a carved elephant tusk?
3. Why can Ezeudu, the oldest man in his village, only be buried at night?
4. Why do the people say "Mother is Supreme" when the man is the head of the family and his wives and children are obedient to him?
5. How are the six leaders of Umuofia treated while in captivity?
Essay Topic 1
Write three paragraphs relating the events that led up to Okonkwo's demise for the District Commissioner's book: The Pacification of the Primitive Tribes of the Lower Niger.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the evidence presented to the egwugwu in the case of Mgbafo and Uzowlulu. Do you think the testimony given by each side is convincing? Defend or criticize the verdict of the egwugwu.
Essay Topic 3
1) Explain Okonkwo's role in the clan when he returns to Umuofia after his seven year exile.
2) Describe his plan for himself and his sons upon his return and if it worked out.
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)