|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Okika suggest they do that their fathers had never done before?
2. What is the first thing Okonkwo plans to do when he returns to his clan?
3. Who is called the Crystal of Beauty in Mbanta, growing into a healthy, buoyant young woman?
4. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
5. What does the District Commissioner do three days after the destruction of the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Throughout the novel, Okonkwo is afraid of being like his father. Describe the accomplishments Okonkwo achieves in his lifetime that makes him different from his father.
2) Explain why Okonkwo's final act turns his reputation into everything he feared in life.
Essay Topic 2
Ekwefi gave birth to ten children. Nine of them died in infancy. The only survivor is Ezinma. The clan believes that Ekwefi's children are ogbanje.
1) Explain what an ogbanje is.
2) Describe what rituals the medicine man performs on ogbanje and why.
3) Explain why the medicine man asks Ezinma to show him where her iyi-uwa is buried and what does he do with it.
Essay Topic 3
1) Analyze Nwoye's struggles with coming of age.
2) Would you say that his fears and emotions were a blessing or a curse?
3) Do you defend or criticize his conversion to the white man's religion? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)