Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Obierika bring for Okonkwo two years after Okonkwo had been exiled?
2. What is the first thing Mr. Kiaga orders the outcasts to do if they want to remain in the new religion?
3. What happens in Umuofia the next time Obierika comes to visit Okonkwo, two years later?
4. What punishment does the District Commissioner give the six leaders of Umuofia?
5. Why does Obierika tell Okonkwo that it is too late to fight the white man and drive him from the land?
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail the three rituals of a wedding engagement for the Ibo people: the bride price, the delivery of the palm-wine, and the confession. Give a detailed summary of each ceremony.
Essay Topic 2
In the Igbo culture, there are feminine and masculine crimes.
1) Describe the difference between feminine and masculine crimes.
2) Which is considered more severe by the people and why?
3) Which of the two crimes did Okonkwo commit and what was his punishment?
Essay Topic 3
1) Analyze the character of Okonkwo.
2) How is he depicted by the author?
3) How is he revealed through his own words and actions, and through the observations of other characters?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)