Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Obierika bring for Okonkwo two years after Okonkwo had been exiled?
2. What is the first thing Mr. Kiaga orders the outcasts to do if they want to remain in the new religion?
3. What happens in Umuofia the next time Obierika comes to visit Okonkwo, two years later?
4. What punishment does the District Commissioner give the six leaders of Umuofia?
5. Why does Obierika tell Okonkwo that it is too late to fight the white man and drive him from the land?
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail the three rituals of a wedding engagement for the Ibo people: the bride price, the delivery of the palm-wine, and the confession. Give a detailed summary of each ceremony.
Essay Topic 2
1) Analyze Nwoye's struggles with coming of age.
2) Would you say that his fears and emotions were a blessing or a curse?
3) Do you defend or criticize his conversion to the white man's religion? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Write three paragraphs relating the events that led up to Okonkwo's demise for the District Commissioner's book: The Pacification of the Primitive Tribes of the Lower Niger.
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)