|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
(a) He is going to distribute all his yam seeds to the people.
(b) He is going to leave behind one of his wives to work for the rulers and elders.
(c) He is going to give the elders a bag of cowries.
(d) He is going to have a great feast.
2. What does Okonkwo vow to do after being released from the white man's prison?
(a) He vows to move away from Umuofia.
(b) He vows to convert to Christianity.
(c) He swears vengeance.
(d) He vows never to be a source of trouble again.
3. What is the final ceremony, Amikwu, Uchendu's youngest son, has to perform before getting married?
(a) Kwenu--shouts of approval
(b) Umuada--the gathering of daughters
(c) Uri--the ceremony of wine bringing
(d) Isa-ife--the ceremony of confession
4. What does Mr. Brown build in Umuofia?
(a) A town hall
(b) A mansion for himself
(c) A playground
(d) A school and a small hospital
5. What happens in Umuofia the next time Obierika comes to visit Okonkwo, two years later?
(a) The white men wipe out another clan of Umuofia.
(b) More white men come, and the clan kills them.
(c) The missionaries come, building a church and send evangalists to other towns and villages.
(d) The entire village coverts to the white man's religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the rulers and elders of Mbanta decide to do about the Christians after one of the converts kills the Sacred Python?
2. Where does Obierika get the bags of cowries that he brings to Okonkwo?
3. How are the six leaders of Umuofia treated while in captivity?
4. What is Nwoye's name changed to after he joins the Christians?
5. How many missionaries go to Mbanta?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)