|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uchendu say, "Never kill a man who says nothing" when Obierika tells them about the white man the Abame killed?
(a) He may not be able to speak your language.
(b) The white man did not said anything to the Abame and according to Uchendu, silence is ominous.
(c) He may hold secrets you need to learn.
(d) Because he did not defended himself and may be innocent.
2. What question does Njide, the eldest sister of Uchendu, ask of her brother's bride during the isa-ife?
(a) How many men have you lain with since my brother first expressed the desire to marry you?
(b) Do you plan on being faithful and obedient to my brother?
(c) How many children do you plan to bear in my brother's name?
(d) How do you plan to keep a tranquil household for my brother?
3. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
(a) He is going to give the elders a bag of cowries.
(b) He is going to distribute all his yam seeds to the people.
(c) He is going to leave behind one of his wives to work for the rulers and elders.
(d) He is going to have a great feast.
4. What do the people of Mbanta expect to happen to the missionaries when they start building their church?
(a) They expect all the missionaries to get sick.
(b) They expect all the people of Mbanta to help build the church.
(c) They expect all the missionaries to die within four days.
(d) They think many of the clan will convert to the new religion.
5. What does the District Commissioner do three days after the destruction of the church?
(a) He has the six leaders of Umuofia killed.
(b) He speaks to Mr. Smith and calls a meeting with the six leaders of Umuofia.
(c) He forgives the six leaders of Umuofia and tells them to go on their way.
(d) He exiles the six leaders of Umuofia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the god that the people of Umuofia believe is the creator of the all the world and the other gods?
2. Where does Okonkwo bring his family after being banished from his village?
3. When the missionaries ask the rulers of Mbanta for land to build their church, what do the rulers give them?
4. Who says that the Abame were fools and had been warned of danger, and that they should have brought guns and machetes with them to the market?
5. Who is captivated by the message of the missionaries?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)