|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Okonkwo hope his sons will be initiated into when his family returns from exile?
(a) The Nidichi
(b) Sacred Yam Seed society
(c) Ozo society
(d) The Sacred Python society
2. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
(a) Fish from the stream, and roasted locusts
(b) Yams wrapped in palm leaves and roasted with palm oil
(c) Roasted locusts and small wild birds
(d) Three goats, fowls, foo-foo, yam pottage, egusi soup, bitter-leaf soup, palm-wine and kola nuts
3. When the missionaries ask the rulers of Mbanta for land to build their church, what do the rulers give them?
(a) An uncleared piece of land in the forest
(c) The best plot of land in the village
(d) A rocky, barren piece of land in the hills
4. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
5. What punishment does the District Commissioner give the six leaders of Umuofia?
(a) Beheading in the public market
(b) Destruction of the leader's compounds
(c) Collect two hundred bags of cowries from the people as a fine
(d) Give all the yams in their barns to the commissioner
Short Answer Questions
1. How many missionaries go to Mbanta?
2. Where does Okonkwo bring his family after being banished from his village?
3. Why do the men of Umuofia meet in the marketplace after the village crier beats the message on the ogene?
4. Who says that the Abame were fools and had been warned of danger, and that they should have brought guns and machetes with them to the market?
5. What does Okonkwo vow to do after being released from the white man's prison?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)