|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
(a) bag of cowries to repay Obierika for the money he gave him through the years
(b) Money to build two huts on Okonkwo's old compound where he and his family will live until he builds more
(c) Four hundred yam seeds to sow in Okonkwo's old field, so he and his family will have food when they returned from exile
(d) Money to build a obi for Okonkwo for when he and his family return
2. What is the first thing Okonkwo plans to do when he returns to his clan?
(a) Have his wives cook meals for the village
(b) Go to each neighboring hut, apologizing for the past
(c) Move in with a neighbor until he could rebuild
(d) Rebuild his compound better than it was before
3. When the village meeting is called after the six leaders are released from the white man's prison, what does Okika say the clan should do?
(a) All come to peace with the white man
(b) Become Christians
(c) Move and build a village elsewhere
(d) Root out the evil of the white man
4. What does Okonkwo feel the greatest obstacle to going to war against the white man is?
(a) The cowardice of Egonwanne
(b) His own cowardice
(c) The clan is not prepared for war
(d) The fear of the clan
5. What does Okonkwo vow to do after being released from the white man's prison?
(a) He vows never to be a source of trouble again.
(b) He swears vengeance.
(c) He vows to move away from Umuofia.
(d) He vows to convert to Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aneto kills Oduche over a land dispute, what does the white man's government decide?
2. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
3. What is Okonkwo's popular nickname?
4. How does Mr. Brown encourage the people to attend school?
5. What does the District Commissioner do three days after the destruction of the church?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)