|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the missionaries ask the rulers of Mbanta for land to build their church, what do the rulers give them?
(b) The best plot of land in the village
(c) A rocky, barren piece of land in the hills
(d) An uncleared piece of land in the forest
2. When the village meeting is called after the six leaders are released from the white man's prison, what does Okika say the clan should do?
(a) All come to peace with the white man
(b) Root out the evil of the white man
(c) Become Christians
(d) Move and build a village elsewhere
3. What type of clan members join the white man's religion?
(a) The elders of the clan and their families
(b) The warriors of the clan, hoping the religion would keep them safe
(c) The women and children of the clan
(d) Men with no titles, efulefu, worthless and empty men
4. What does Okonkwo vow to do after being released from the white man's prison?
(a) He vows to convert to Christianity.
(b) He vows to move away from Umuofia.
(c) He swears vengeance.
(d) He vows never to be a source of trouble again.
5. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the missionaries tell the Mbanta people about their gods?
2. What does the District Commissioner do three days after the destruction of the church?
3. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
4. How many missionaries go to Mbanta?
5. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the plan the leaders of Mbanta make when the missionary comes to them asking for a plot of land to build a church.
2. Okonkwo's friend, Obierika pays a visit to Okonkwo after two years of exile. He brings new of the annihilation of the Abame clan. Do you believe the white man is justified in their attack of the Abame clan? Explain.
3. What is Okonkwo's final act as a warrior for his village of Umuofia? Did it reverse the falling apart of his village in any way?
4. Summarize the advice Uchendu gives to Okonkwo about his lot in life.
5. Okonkwo believes a man cannot rise above his chi, or destiny. Explain why you agree or disagree with Okonkwo's belief.
6. After one of the converts kills the royal python, why does Okonkwo think it is a womanly decision to ostracize the converts from the daily rituals and privileges of members of the clan?
7. How does the saying "You can never go home again" hold true for Okonkwo when he returns home after seven years in exile?
8. Do you think it is right for the clan to burn down the church after Enoch pulls the mask off the egwuwu during the annual ceremony? Explain.
9. The District Commissioner outsmarts the six leaders of Umuofia, including Okonkwo and arrests them, abuses them, and humiliates them. What affect does his have on the spirit of the clan?
10. What is Okonkwo's point of view with regard to the clan when he returns home?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)