|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Mr. Kiaga orders the outcasts to do if they want to remain in the new religion?
(a) Go to the village and proclaim their faith
(b) Return to their special area of the village and never return
(c) Shave off their long tangled hair
(d) Kneel before the cross and pray to be accepted
2. Why do the men of Umuofia meet in the marketplace after the village crier beats the message on the ogene?
(a) They decide to negotiate with the District Commissioner.
(b) They decide to offer half of the required fine to release the six leaders.
(c) They decide against collecting any cowries to release the six leaders.
(d) They decide to collect the fine immediately to release their six leaders.
3. Why does Obierika go to visit Okonkwo a second time, two years after the first?
(a) To bring more cowries and some yam seeds to his friend, Okonkwo
(b) He misses his good friend, Okonkwo, and thinks he should tell him that missionaries had come.
(c) To find out if all is well with Okonkwo and his family.
(d) To find out why Okonkwo's son, Nwoye, joined the white missionaries.
4. Why does Obierika tell Okonkwo that it is too late to fight the white man and drive him from the land?
(a) The white men have powerful spirits who protected them.
(b) Because their own men and sons have joined the white man's religion and government.
(c) There are too many white men.
(d) The white men are more courageous than the men of Umuofia.
5. What question does Njide, the eldest sister of Uchendu, ask of her brother's bride during the isa-ife?
(a) How do you plan to keep a tranquil household for my brother?
(b) Do you plan on being faithful and obedient to my brother?
(c) How many men have you lain with since my brother first expressed the desire to marry you?
(d) How many children do you plan to bear in my brother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is called the Crystal of Beauty in Mbanta, growing into a healthy, buoyant young woman?
2. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
3. What is the first thing Okonkwo plans to do when he returns to his clan?
4. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
5. How does Mr. Brown encourage the people to attend school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Okonkwo's seven year exile is over and he decides to go home to his fatherland. Do you think he should stay in Mbanta with his mother's family? Why.
2. What is Okonkwo's attitude after he is released from prison?
3. Okonkwo's friend, Obierika pays a visit to Okonkwo after two years of exile. He brings new of the annihilation of the Abame clan. Do you believe the white man is justified in their attack of the Abame clan? Explain.
4. What are some of the positive things the white man brings to Umuofia?
5. What is Okonkwo's final act as a warrior for his village of Umuofia? Did it reverse the falling apart of his village in any way?
6. Describe the plan the leaders of Mbanta make when the missionary comes to them asking for a plot of land to build a church.
7. Do you think Okonkwo is correct in his reaction to his son, Nwoye joining the Christians? Why?
8. Do you agree with the punishment the elders of the clan give to Okonkwo when he kills the youngest son of Ezeudu? Justify your answer.
9. Compare the personalities of Mr. Brown and Reverend Smith. Which man do you think was better for the people of Umuofia?
10. What is Okonkwo's point of view with regard to the clan when he returns home?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)