|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Obierika bring for Okonkwo two years after Okonkwo had been exiled?
(a) Kola nuts and palm-wine
(b) Woven baskets of yams
(c) Bags full of cowries
(d) Yam seeds
2. What is the first thing Mr. Kiaga orders the outcasts to do if they want to remain in the new religion?
(a) Return to their special area of the village and never return
(b) Go to the village and proclaim their faith
(c) Kneel before the cross and pray to be accepted
(d) Shave off their long tangled hair
3. What happens in Umuofia the next time Obierika comes to visit Okonkwo, two years later?
(a) More white men come, and the clan kills them.
(b) The entire village coverts to the white man's religion.
(c) The white men wipe out another clan of Umuofia.
(d) The missionaries come, building a church and send evangalists to other towns and villages.
4. What punishment does the District Commissioner give the six leaders of Umuofia?
(a) Beheading in the public market
(b) Destruction of the leader's compounds
(c) Give all the yams in their barns to the commissioner
(d) Collect two hundred bags of cowries from the people as a fine
5. Why does Obierika tell Okonkwo that it is too late to fight the white man and drive him from the land?
(a) The white men have powerful spirits who protected them.
(b) The white men are more courageous than the men of Umuofia.
(c) There are too many white men.
(d) Because their own men and sons have joined the white man's religion and government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
2. What is the name of the first woman to join the Christian missionaries?
3. Who is called the Crystal of Beauty in Mbanta, growing into a healthy, buoyant young woman?
4. What does Enoch do that is one of the greatest crimes a man can commit during the annual ceremony?
5. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)