Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Obierika bring for Okonkwo two years after Okonkwo had been exiled?
(a) Kola nuts and palm-wine
(b) Woven baskets of yams
(c) Bags full of cowries
(d) Yam seeds
2. What is the first thing Mr. Kiaga orders the outcasts to do if they want to remain in the new religion?
(a) Return to their special area of the village and never return
(b) Go to the village and proclaim their faith
(c) Kneel before the cross and pray to be accepted
(d) Shave off their long tangled hair
3. What happens in Umuofia the next time Obierika comes to visit Okonkwo, two years later?
(a) More white men come, and the clan kills them.
(b) The entire village coverts to the white man's religion.
(c) The white men wipe out another clan of Umuofia.
(d) The missionaries come, building a church and send evangalists to other towns and villages.
4. What punishment does the District Commissioner give the six leaders of Umuofia?
(a) Beheading in the public market
(b) Destruction of the leader's compounds
(c) Give all the yams in their barns to the commissioner
(d) Collect two hundred bags of cowries from the people as a fine
5. Why does Obierika tell Okonkwo that it is too late to fight the white man and drive him from the land?
(a) The white men have powerful spirits who protected them.
(b) The white men are more courageous than the men of Umuofia.
(c) There are too many white men.
(d) Because their own men and sons have joined the white man's religion and government.
6. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
(a) He is going to leave behind one of his wives to work for the rulers and elders.
(b) He is going to have a great feast.
(c) He is going to give the elders a bag of cowries.
(d) He is going to distribute all his yam seeds to the people.
7. What is the name of the first woman to join the Christian missionaries?
(a) Nwoye's mother
8. Who is called the Crystal of Beauty in Mbanta, growing into a healthy, buoyant young woman?
9. What does Enoch do that is one of the greatest crimes a man can commit during the annual ceremony?
(a) He unmasks an egwugwu in public, killing an ancestral spirit.
(b) He beats the wife of another man.
(c) He becomes an efulefu.
(d) He defies his chi.
10. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
(a) Three goats, fowls, foo-foo, yam pottage, egusi soup, bitter-leaf soup, palm-wine and kola nuts
(b) Yams wrapped in palm leaves and roasted with palm oil
(c) Fish from the stream, and roasted locusts
(d) Roasted locusts and small wild birds
11. What does Mr. Smith tell the people about ogbanje, the evil children who are born over and over again to plague their mothers?
(a) That the stories resemble the Christian beliefs.
(b) That the stories are okay to believe in.
(c) That the stories are spread by the Devil to lead men astray.
(d) That the stories are most likely true.
12. What is Okonkwo afraid will happen to his male children after he dies?
(a) They will forget the lessons Okonkwo taught them.
(b) They will never go back to their homeland again.
(c) They will be killed by neighboring enemies.
(d) They will follow in Nwoye's footsteps and abandon the gods of their ancestors.
13. Every man learns the language of the ekwe. How does the wooden instrument let the people know exactly who has died?
(a) It announces the name of the man over and over again.
(b) First it announces the name of the clan, then it names the village, and finally it names the man.
(c) It only announces the name of the village.
(d) It spells out the letters in the name.
14. What happens to the six leaders of Umuofia during their meeting with the District Commissioner?
(a) They are treated with kindness and respect.
(b) The Commissioner and leaders agree to peace.
(c) They are put in handcuffs, and led to the guardroom.
(d) They share a feast with the District Commissioner.
15. When the village meeting is called after the six leaders are released from the white man's prison, what does Okika say the clan should do?
(a) All come to peace with the white man
(b) Become Christians
(c) Root out the evil of the white man
(d) Move and build a village elsewhere
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the white missionary that makes friends with great men of the clan and is presented with a carved elephant tusk?
2. What question does Njide, the eldest sister of Uchendu, ask of her brother's bride during the isa-ife?
3. What does the Abame clan do to the first white man that comes to their village?
4. What do the rulers and elders of Mbanta decide to do about the Christians after one of the converts kills the Sacred Python?
5. What does the ekwe, a hollowed out wooden instrument and the blast of the cannon signify to the nine villages of Umuofia?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)