|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the decision of the egwugwu after hearing the case for Mgbafo's family against Uzowulu?
(a) The bride-price is not to be paid back to Uzowulu.
(b) The bride-price is to be returned to Uzowulu.
(c) Uzowulu is warned never to beat a woman again or he will be mutilated.
(d) Uzowulu is to bring a pot of wine to Mgbafo's family and beg that his wife be returned to him. Mgbafo's family is to return her to Uzowulu when he brings the wine to them.
2. Where does Chielo bring Ezinma?
(a) Deep into the forest
(b) To where dead children are buried
(c) To the village of Umuachi, then turns around and continues back to the hills of Agbala
(d) To the yam fields
3. What ultimatum is dispatched to Mbaino as a consequence of the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
(a) The sacrificial offering of one of the daughters of Mbaino.
(b) Delivery to Umuofia a year's worth of the yam harvest as a peace offering.
(c) Deliver the head of the murderer to the people of Umuofia.
(d) Choose between war or the offer of a young man and a virgin from Mbaino.
4. Why is Okonkwo considered one of the greatest men of his time?
(a) He has patience for all men, even unsuccessful ones.
(b) He is a wealthy farmer, the greatest wrestler, has a barn full of yams, and has three wives.
(c) He is a sympathetic, loving father and husband.
(d) He is the greatest flute player in the village.
5. Nine out of ten of Ekwefi's children die in infancy. After the second death, Okonkwo goes to the medicine man to find out why this is happening. What explanation does the diviner give?
(a) Ekwefi did not eat vegetable soup throughout her pregnancies.
(b) Ekwefi should just keep trying, and sooner or later a child would survive.
(c) The child is an agbanje, a wicked child that enters the mother's womb to be born again.
(d) Ekwefi is weak and should not become pregnant again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Obierika send one of his relatives to get a fat goat to give to his in-laws during the uri?
2. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
3. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
4. Who is Okonkwo's father?
5. What news does Obierika bring to Okonkwo and Uchendu about the Abame clan?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)