|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uchendu tell Okonkw his duty was?
(a) Never return to his homeland, but build his future in Mbanta.
(b) To go back to his clan and beg to be forgiven.
(c) Forget about his past, and denounce his homeland.
(d) Comfort his wives and children and take them back to his fatherland after seven years.
2. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
(a) Yams, kola nuts, greens
(b) Coco-yams, beans, cassava
(c) Gourds, bananas, oil bean
(d) Palms, bitter-leaf, foo foo
3. What is Okonkwo's punishment for committing a "nso-ani" during the Week of Peace?
(a) Bring a bamboo basket of yams, a flask of palm-wine and a hen to the shrine of Ani.
(b) Bring a she-goat, one hen, a length of cloth, and a hundred cowries to the shrine of Ani.
(c) Go to the shrine of Ani, fast for three days, and beg forgiveness for breaking the sacred peace.
(d) Go to the shrine of Ani and confess his disrespectful behavior to the gods of the clan, remaining on his knees throughout a day and night.
4. How are the six leaders of Umuofia treated while in captivity?
(a) They are treated with kindness and respect.
(b) Their heads are shaved. They are given nothing to eat or drink for three days, and are not allowed to go out and relieve themselves.
(c) They are given anything they asked for.
(d) They are whipped every day.
5. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
(c) Ogbuefi Ezendu
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priestess do when she brings Ezinma out of Agbala's cave?
2. The first day of the new year is celebrated with feasting and fellowship. What takes place on the second day of the new year?
3. The Ibo people consider conversation to be very important. What form of conversation do they regard the most highly?
4. What is the strange event that takes place in the village of Ire that Ofoedo tells Okonkwo and Obierika about?
5. Why does Uchendu say, "Never kill a man who says nothing" when Obierika tells them about the white man the Abame killed?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)