|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the agreed upon bride-price for Akueke?
(a) A she-goat, a hen, and ten cowries
(b) Ten woven baskets of yams
(c) Five bags of cowries and one hundred yam seeds
(d) Twenty bags of cowries
2. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
3. How do the women of the clan prepare for the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) They decorate robes with intricate patterns made of colored beans, plaite each others hair, color their faces with red clay, and make veils to cover their faces during the festival.
(b) They scrub the walls and huts with red earth, draw patterns on them in white, yellow and green, paint themselves with cam wood, and draw black patterns on their stomach and backs.
(c) They gather in the marketplace to share all their clothing, jewelry and sandals with one another. They wear each others belongings to prove to the goddess, Ani, that they are worthy people.
(d) They cleanse their bodies, wear a simple robe and sandles, and scrub their faces. They are to go to the festival free of all paint, jewelry, or ornamentation of any kind.
4. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
(a) He wants Nwoye to be a great warrior with many heroic victories to his name.
(b) He hopes Nwoye would be a fair, just, and wise father and husband, showing kindness and love to his family.
(c) He wants Nwoye to be a talented musician, performing at all the festivals in the nine villages.
(d) He wants Nwoye to be prosperous, that he will have enough to feed the ancestors with regular sacrifices, and he will be able to rule his women and children.
5. Why does Okonkwo insult Osugo at a meeting by calling him a woman?
(a) Osugo is talking in a feminine voice.
(b) Okonkwo calls Osugo a woman because Osugo has no titles and contradicted what Okonkwo had been saying.
(c) Osugo is making womanly hand gestures during the meeting.
(d) Osugo is complaining and whining.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Okonkwo vow to do after being released from the white man's prison?
2. Who is called the Crystal of Beauty in Mbanta, growing into a healthy, buoyant young woman?
3. What ultimatum is dispatched to Mbaino as a consequence of the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
4. Okonkwo is sitting in his obi with Ikemefuna and Nwoye, eating dried locusts when Ogbuefi Ezeudu comes with a message. What is the message?
5. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)