|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the missionary that replaces Mr. Brown in Umuofia?
(a) Reverend John Paul
(b) Reverend Peter Paul
(c) Reverend Simon Peter
(d) Reverend James Smith
2. Why is Okonkwo's twelve-year-old son, Nwoye, causing him great anxiety?
(a) Okonkwo is jealous of his son's growing strength.
(b) Okonkwo believes his son to be lazy.
(c) Nwoye complains about having to work in the fields from dawn to dusk.
(d) Nwoye is a wild, unruly boy.
3. What question does Njide, the eldest sister of Uchendu, ask of her brother's bride during the isa-ife?
(a) How many children do you plan to bear in my brother's name?
(b) How many men have you lain with since my brother first expressed the desire to marry you?
(c) Do you plan on being faithful and obedient to my brother?
(d) How do you plan to keep a tranquil household for my brother?
4. What does the law state in Umuofia if a woman runs away from her husband?
(a) Her husband is allowed to go get her, dragging her back home by the hair.
(b) She must be left in the forest to die.
(c) She is to be killed and left unburied for the vultures and wild animals.
(d) Her bride-price must be returned to the husband.
5. Where does Obierika send one of his relatives to get a fat goat to give to his in-laws during the uri?
(a) To a neighboring goat herder known for his fat goats
(b) The wonderful market in Umuike
(c) To the hills where wild goats roam free
(d) The goat farm in the village
Short Answer Questions
1. Every man learns the language of the ekwe. How does the wooden instrument let the people know exactly who has died?
2. As Ekwefi and Okonkwo wait outside of Agbala's cave for Ezinma's return, what does Ekwefi think about?
3. What does Okonkwo do when the court messengers come to the meeting, telling the clan to stop?
4. What is the decision of the egwugwu after hearing the case for Mgbafo's family against Uzowulu?
5. What drives Okonkwo into a rage on the first day of the festival, leading him to beat his second wife, Ekwefi, and almost kill her with a gun?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)