|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Obierika send one of his relatives to get a fat goat to give to his in-laws during the uri?
(a) The wonderful market in Umuike
(b) To the hills where wild goats roam free
(c) To a neighboring goat herder known for his fat goats
(d) The goat farm in the village
2. Why can Ezeudu, the oldest man in his village, only be buried at night?
(a) The spirits announce that he has to be buried at night.
(b) He is a noble warrior with three titles to his name. A man who took titles can only be buried after dark.
(c) It is believed being buried at night will bring the dead man closer to his ancestors.
(d) The oldest man of the village is always buried after dark.
3. What is the final ceremony, Amikwu, Uchendu's youngest son, has to perform before getting married?
(a) Uri--the ceremony of wine bringing
(b) Kwenu--shouts of approval
(c) Umuada--the gathering of daughters
(d) Isa-ife--the ceremony of confession
4. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
(a) The wife of Ogbuefi Udo is murdered in Mbaino when she goes to market.
(b) The powerful medicine woman of Umuofia dies during the night.
(c) The yam harvest of one of the village celebrities is stolen from his barn.
(d) The warriors of Mbaino raid one of the villages of Umuofia.
5. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
(a) Roasted locusts and small wild birds
(b) Yams wrapped in palm leaves and roasted with palm oil
(c) Fish from the stream, and roasted locusts
(d) Three goats, fowls, foo-foo, yam pottage, egusi soup, bitter-leaf soup, palm-wine and kola nuts
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the missionary that replaces Mr. Brown in Umuofia?
2. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
3. What does Okonkwo vow to do after being released from the white man's prison?
4. What does the law state in Umuofia if a woman runs away from her husband?
5. While talking with Okoye about the war, Unkona changes the subject to which topic?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)