|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Brown encourage the people to attend school?
(a) With singlets and towels
(b) With a she-goat and hen
(c) With singlets and towels
(d) With kola nuts and palm-wine
2. The punishment for breaking the sacred peace changes through the years. What happened to a man that broke the Week of Peace in the past?
(a) He was dragged on the ground through the village until dead.
(b) He was tied in the village marketplace and each member of the clan spat on him.
(c) He was exiled from Umuofia, considered to be dead to all the clan.
(d) He was hanged in the marketplace for all to see.
3. What does the angry band of egwugwu do to Enoch's compound and the Christian church as revenge for unmasking one of the ancestral spirits?
(a) They burn them to the ground.
(b) They rub red clay and palm oil all over the buildings.
(c) They murder all Enoch's family and the Christians in the church.
(d) They leave the buildings alone and try to find Enoch.
4. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(a) Ogbuefi Udo
5. Who is called the Crystal of Beauty in Mbanta, growing into a healthy, buoyant young woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Okonkwo's twelve-year-old son, Nwoye, causing him great anxiety?
2. What is the name of the god that the people of Umuofia believe is the creator of the all the world and the other gods?
3. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
4. What does Mr. Brown build in Umuofia?
5. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)