|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Obierika go to visit Okonkwo a second time, two years after the first?
(a) He misses his good friend, Okonkwo, and thinks he should tell him that missionaries had come.
(b) To find out why Okonkwo's son, Nwoye, joined the white missionaries.
(c) To bring more cowries and some yam seeds to his friend, Okonkwo
(d) To find out if all is well with Okonkwo and his family.
2. Okonkwo of Umuofia is the emissary of war to Mbaino. What does Mbaino give him as an offering for the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
(a) A large monetary payment for the people of Umofia.
(b) A fifteen-year-old boy named Ikemefuna and a young virgin to replace the murdered woman.
(c) The wife of the murderer.
(d) One of Mbaino's most powerful warriors.
3. What is the strange event that takes place in the village of Ire that Ofoedo tells Okonkwo and Obierika about?
(a) All the people in the village of Ire awoke in the night from dreams of disasters to come.
(b) The children of Ire stopped speaking for two days and went into a trance-like state.
(c) All the yams planted in the fields rotted during the night from a curse sent by evil spirits.
(d) Ogbuefi Ndulue, the oldest man in the Ire village died and upon hearing about it, his wife, Ozoemena, died also.
4. One night, the storytelling of Okonkwo 's wives and children stops because the priestess, Chielo is shouting in a high-pitched voice. What does she tell Okonkwo?
(a) That Agbala wants to see all Okonkwo's wives
(b) That Agbala is putting a curse on Okonkwo's house
(c) That Agbala needs to talk to Okonkwo
(d) That Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves wants to see Ezinma
5. Why can Ezeudu, the oldest man in his village, only be buried at night?
(a) The spirits announce that he has to be buried at night.
(b) The oldest man of the village is always buried after dark.
(c) It is believed being buried at night will bring the dead man closer to his ancestors.
(d) He is a noble warrior with three titles to his name. A man who took titles can only be buried after dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the angry band of egwugwu do to Enoch's compound and the Christian church as revenge for unmasking one of the ancestral spirits?
2. How does Unoka react when Okoye asks him to repay the two hundred cowries owed to him?
3. Why does Okonkwo beat his second wife, Ojiugo, during the sacred Week of Peace?
4. Why do all the women abandon preparing the food for the uri and rush off to the Obierika's crop field?
5. When is the only time that Unkona is not haggard and mournful?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)