|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two groups of people who stand facing the elders at the ceremonial trial?
(a) One group is the three oldest men from the village. The other group is their sons.
(b) One group is the twelve-year-old boys from the village. The other group is their fathers.
(c) One group is Mgbafo and her three brothers. The other group is her husband, Uzowulu, and his relatives.
(d) One group is wrestlers from the nine villages, and the other group is judges.
2. How are the six leaders of Umuofia treated while in captivity?
(a) They are treated with kindness and respect.
(b) They are whipped every day.
(c) They are given anything they asked for.
(d) Their heads are shaved. They are given nothing to eat or drink for three days, and are not allowed to go out and relieve themselves.
3. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
(a) Men elected in each of the nine villages.
(b) The wealthiest men from each of the nine villages.
(c) The leaders of the teams are made up of the best wrestlers in the nine villages.
(d) Men chosen by the elders from each of the nine villages.
4. What does Okonkwo hope his sons will be initiated into when his family returns from exile?
(a) The Sacred Python society
(b) Ozo society
(c) The Nidichi
(d) Sacred Yam Seed society
5. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
(a) The elders, grandees, a few early comers in the stands, and the drummers.
(b) The wrestlers waiting for their matches.
(c) Women and children.
(d) Pregnant women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
2. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
3. What is the final ceremony, Amikwu, Uchendu's youngest son, has to perform before getting married?
4. What happens to the six leaders of Umuofia during their meeting with the District Commissioner?
5. What does Obierika bring for Okonkwo two years after Okonkwo had been exiled?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)