|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(c) Ogbuefi Udo
2. What does Okonkwo bring back from the bush while Ezinma lays sick in Ekwefi's hut?
(a) Three small birds to offer as sacrifice to the gods, so Ezinma will get well.
(b) A bundle of medicinal plants, grasses, leaves, roots and barks.
(c) Bananas to mix with palm oil, forming a paste which Ezinma can eat easily. This will help keep up her strength.
(d) Soil from the bush to mix with water and form into mud which can be rubbed on Ezinma's body to bring down the fever.
3. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
(a) Through a round hole in the side of the hill leading to a dimly lit cave.
(b) In a large, handsomely endowed compound in the hills filled with the gifts from those asking for a consultation.
(c) Deep underground with the creatures of the soil, beneath the hills and all things that live above the ground.
(d) In the treetops with all the climbing creatures of Umuofia.
4. Who is the powerful orator that informs the ten thousand men of the emergency facing the nine villages of Umuofia?
(b) Ogbuefi Ezeugo
(c) Ogbuefi Udo
5. Obierika's daughter, Akueke, is sixteen, just the right age for marrying. How does her suitor and his relatives determine if she is ripe for marriage?
(a) They study her body, which is decorated and painted in the traditional way: cam oil, black patterns on the skin, black necklace, red and yellow bangles, and waist beads.
(b) They observe how much she eats of the food that is set out before her, and how delicately she chews her food.
(c) They feel how silky her hair is, and pinch her upper arms for plumpness.
(d) They have her stand before them and recite a marriage poem while dressed in flowing robes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
2. What does the Abame clan do to the first white man that comes to their village?
3. Obiageli, Nwoye's sister, comes home crying because her water pot is broken. How did her waterpot break?
4. What does the District Commissioner do three days after the destruction of the church?
5. What does Okika suggest they do that their fathers had never done before?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)