|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Mr. Kiaga orders the outcasts to do if they want to remain in the new religion?
(a) Return to their special area of the village and never return
(b) Shave off their long tangled hair
(c) Go to the village and proclaim their faith
(d) Kneel before the cross and pray to be accepted
2. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
(a) He hopes to learn how to become a great farmer and warrior from Okonkwo.
(b) He is pleased to be living with such a powerful, wealthy man.
(c) He is afraid and does not understand the circumstances.
(d) He is thankful that he will never be hungry living with Okonkwo, his three wives, and eight children.
3. What does the District Commissioner do three days after the destruction of the church?
(a) He exiles the six leaders of Umuofia.
(b) He forgives the six leaders of Umuofia and tells them to go on their way.
(c) He has the six leaders of Umuofia killed.
(d) He speaks to Mr. Smith and calls a meeting with the six leaders of Umuofia.
4. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) Tattooed on her upper arm.
(b) On an anklet.
(c) In a hair piece.
(d) On a necklace.
5. What type of clan members join the white man's religion?
(a) The women and children of the clan
(b) Men with no titles, efulefu, worthless and empty men
(c) The warriors of the clan, hoping the religion would keep them safe
(d) The elders of the clan and their families
Short Answer Questions
1. Every man learns the language of the ekwe. How does the wooden instrument let the people know exactly who has died?
2. Why does Unkona change the subject to music when he and Oybe are discussing the impending war with the village of Mbaino?
3. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
4. Why do the people say "Mother is Supreme" when the man is the head of the family and his wives and children are obedient to him?
5. How does Ikemenfuna feel after three weeks of illness?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)