|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Obierika bring for Okonkwo two years after Okonkwo had been exiled?
(a) Bags full of cowries
(b) Kola nuts and palm-wine
(c) Woven baskets of yams
(d) Yam seeds
2. What does the angry band of egwugwu do to Enoch's compound and the Christian church as revenge for unmasking one of the ancestral spirits?
(a) They leave the buildings alone and try to find Enoch.
(b) They murder all Enoch's family and the Christians in the church.
(c) They rub red clay and palm oil all over the buildings.
(d) They burn them to the ground.
3. What does Uchendu, the younger brother of Okonkwo's mother, give to Okonkwo after he comes looking for refuge?
(a) A gun to protect him and his family during their exile
(b) A plot of ground, and two or three pieces of land
(c) A basket of yams and palm-wine for his travels
(d) Advice on living in the forest
4. Why do the people say "Mother is Supreme" when the man is the head of the family and his wives and children are obedient to him?
(a) When a man is sorrowful and bitter, he seeks refuge in his motherland because his mother is there to protect him. It is where she is buried.
(b) They are referring to the mother of all gods, guiding them to rule the world.
(c) They believe in the very first mother of all men, giving life to all the men who came after.
(d) They are referring to Mother Earth and how she is fertile for the yams.
5. What does Okika suggest they do that their fathers had never done before?
(a) Give up their own religious beliefs and accept Christianity.
(b) Fight against their own brothers who have taken the side of the white man.
(c) Accept their fate, taking on the white man's ways.
(d) Allow their children to attend the white man's school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Obiageli, Nwoye's sister, comes home crying because her water pot is broken. How did her waterpot break?
2. What is the custom in the village of Obodoani if a man dies during the Week of Peace?
3. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
4. The punishment for breaking the sacred peace changes through the years. What happened to a man that broke the Week of Peace in the past?
5. Why does Unkona's neighbor, Okoye, visit him?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)