|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of clan members join the white man's religion?
(a) Men with no titles, efulefu, worthless and empty men
(b) The women and children of the clan
(c) The warriors of the clan, hoping the religion would keep them safe
(d) The elders of the clan and their families
2. Why do the elders fear for the young people of the village?
(a) They do not understand the bond of kinship.
(b) They are unwilling to hunt.
(c) They are poor farmers.
(d) They follow the old ways instead of the new religion.
3. Who is captivated by the message of the missionaries?
4. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
(a) To obtain more wealth than anyone else in Umuofia.
(b) To hate everything his father loved.
(c) To make sure his barn was always filled with yams.
(d) To be affluent in money, wives, and children.
5. How can an observer tell if a communal ceremony is only for the men of the village?
(a) The women gather away from the ceremony, and chat with one another.
(b) There are no women present anywhere near the ceremony.
(c) There are guards stationed around the communal ceremony, preventing the women from viewing.
(d) The titled men and elders sit on stools while the women look on from the fringe like outsiders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the six leaders of Umuofia treated while in captivity?
2. What is Okonkwo's punishment for committing a "nso-ani" during the Week of Peace?
3. What happens to the six leaders of Umuofia once the fine is paid to the District Commissioner?
4. What is the strange event that takes place in the village of Ire that Ofoedo tells Okonkwo and Obierika about?
5. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)