|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Okonkwo have any patience with his father?
(a) Unkona spoils his wife and children, providing them with too much food and money.
(b) Unkona is a great warrior who is always away at war.
(c) Unoka is lazy, a debtor, and a failure.
(d) Unkona is overly ambitious and driven to earn the highest titles in the land.
2. Who touches off the conflict between church and clan in Umuofia that has been building since Mr. Brown left?
(c) Mr. Smith
3. How does Ekwefi make the medicine she hopes would cure Ezinma?
(a) She puts a pot on the fire, adding medicinal plants, grasses, leaves, roots and barks. She brought them to a boil being careful that it didn't boil over and lose its power.
(b) She grounds kola nuts and bananas together, forming a paste to put on Ezinma's tongue.
(c) She boiled a hen, added yams and nuts to make a medicinal broth for Ezinma to drink.
(d) She mixes palm-wine and red clay into a medicinal mud and rubs it on Ezinma's face and chest.
4. What is the significance of the beating of drums in the village playground, the ilo, where all the great ceremonies and dances of the village take place?
(a) The drums beat as each wrestler is thrown to the ground.
(b) The beating of the drums means that the wrestling match will begin at noon.
(c) The beating drums announce that there is a winner in the wrestling match.
(d) The drums play the wrestling dance in preparation for the wrestling match at sundown.
5. What happens to the six leaders of Umuofia during their meeting with the District Commissioner?
(a) They are treated with kindness and respect.
(b) They share a feast with the District Commissioner.
(c) They are put in handcuffs, and led to the guardroom.
(d) The Commissioner and leaders agree to peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
2. How does Ikemenfuna feel after three weeks of illness?
3. Why do all the women abandon preparing the food for the uri and rush off to the Obierika's crop field?
4. What is the name all children of the clan except Ezinma call their mothers?
5. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)