|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Obierika tell Okonkwo that it is too late to fight the white man and drive him from the land?
(a) Because their own men and sons have joined the white man's religion and government.
(b) There are too many white men.
(c) The white men are more courageous than the men of Umuofia.
(d) The white men have powerful spirits who protected them.
2. Why does Okonkwo beat his second wife, Ojiugo, during the sacred Week of Peace?
(a) She cooks a meal that Okonkwo does not like.
(b) She disagrees with what Okonkwo has to say.
(c) She is caught with another man.
(d) She is at a friend's house and does not prepare Okonkwo's afternoon meal.
3. What drives Okonkwo into a rage on the first day of the festival, leading him to beat his second wife, Ekwefi, and almost kill her with a gun?
(a) Okonkwo finds that his second wife has not prepared her children in the traditional fashion of the clan for the festival.
(b) She burns the vegetable soup she is preparing for the festival.
(c) He believes his wife killed a banana tree in the compound, even though it is still alive. She also comments on his inability to shoot well.
(d) Okonkwo is angry because his second wife has not scrubbed the walls of her hut with red earth, and has neglected the rituals of the people.
4. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
(b) Ogbuefi Ezendu
5. What do the missionaries tell the Mbanta people about their gods?
(a) They are mythical, friendly gods but are not real.
(b) They are gods of deceit who tell you to kill your fellows and destroy innocent children.
(c) They are wonderful, loving gods, but are not the one true God.
(d) The gods are true and should be sacrificed to for abundant crops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name all children of the clan except Ezinma call their mothers?
2. As the drums sound and the flutes blast, what appears out of the egwugwu house?
3. What does Mr. Brown build in Umuofia?
4. What is the strange event that takes place in the village of Ire that Ofoedo tells Okonkwo and Obierika about?
5. Why is Okonkwo's twelve-year-old son, Nwoye, causing him great anxiety?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)