|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What descends on the land of Okonkwo, darkens the sky, settles on the rooftops, and breaks mighty tree branches under them?
(a) The spirits of the clans ancestors
(b) A swarm of locusts
(c) The arrows of neighboring enemies
(d) A flock of vultures
2. What is Okonkwo's punishment for committing a "nso-ani" during the Week of Peace?
(a) Go to the shrine of Ani, fast for three days, and beg forgiveness for breaking the sacred peace.
(b) Go to the shrine of Ani and confess his disrespectful behavior to the gods of the clan, remaining on his knees throughout a day and night.
(c) Bring a bamboo basket of yams, a flask of palm-wine and a hen to the shrine of Ani.
(d) Bring a she-goat, one hen, a length of cloth, and a hundred cowries to the shrine of Ani.
3. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) Tattooed on her upper arm.
(b) On an anklet.
(c) On a necklace.
(d) In a hair piece.
4. What is an osu?
(a) One of the elders, given a hut in the center of the village
(b) A holy man, revered by the people
(c) A person dedicated to a god, set apart and taboo forever
(d) A very brave and accomplished hunter
5. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
(a) They cut the cassava off the trees with machetes.
(b) They shake every tree with a long stick, bend down to cut the stem, and dig out the tuber.
(c) They pick the cassava off the tops of the trees.
(d) The shake the tree, and the cassava fall to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Okonkwo does not fear war. In the last war he fought, he brought home a souvenir which he drank palm-wine out of. What is this souvenir?
2. Obierika's daughter, Akueke, is sixteen, just the right age for marrying. How does her suitor and his relatives determine if she is ripe for marriage?
3. How are the six leaders of Umuofia treated while in captivity?
4. Why is Okonkwo's twelve-year-old son, Nwoye, causing him great anxiety?
5. What does Uchendu tell Okonkw his duty was?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)