|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
(a) Twelve men on each side
(b) Six men on each side
(c) Nine men on each side
(d) Five men on each side
2. What are the traditional events when night falls and it is time to end Obierika's daughter's uri?
(a) The elders sit in a circle while singers sing each man's praise. Then the guest's rise to go and the bride is to leave with them for seven weeks.
(b) The singers sing a song of praise to Obierika for such a wonderful celebration.
(c) The leftover wine is divided into flasks for the guests to take home.
(d) The women gather all the pots, filling them with leftover food and give each guest a pot to take home.
3. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
(a) Because it is good for kinsman to do so
(b) To gather under the moonlight
(c) To save kinsman from starving
(d) To show off the wealth of food
4. What is the custom in the village of Obodoani if a man dies during the Week of Peace?
(a) The man is buried outside the village.
(b) The man is buried as deep as two graves.
(c) The man is not buried, but cast into the Evil Forest.
(d) The man is burned to ashes, instead of buried.
5. What does Mr. Brown build in Umuofia?
(a) A mansion for himself
(b) A town hall
(c) A playground
(d) A school and a small hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Mr. Kiaga orders the outcasts to do if they want to remain in the new religion?
2. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
3. What does Okonkwo vow to do after being released from the white man's prison?
4. Nwoye's mother calls Ezinma "Ezigbo" when she brings the fire to Nwoye's mother's hut. What does "Ezigbo" mean?
5. How do the women of the clan prepare for the Feast of the New Yam?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)