|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
(a) The powerful medicine woman of Umuofia dies during the night.
(b) The warriors of Mbaino raid one of the villages of Umuofia.
(c) The wife of Ogbuefi Udo is murdered in Mbaino when she goes to market.
(d) The yam harvest of one of the village celebrities is stolen from his barn.
2. How many pots of wine do Obierika's in-laws brink to his home for the uri?
3. Nine out of ten of Ekwefi's children die in infancy. After the second death, Okonkwo goes to the medicine man to find out why this is happening. What explanation does the diviner give?
(a) Ekwefi is weak and should not become pregnant again.
(b) Ekwefi should just keep trying, and sooner or later a child would survive.
(c) Ekwefi did not eat vegetable soup throughout her pregnancies.
(d) The child is an agbanje, a wicked child that enters the mother's womb to be born again.
4. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(c) Ogbuefi Udo
5. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
(a) Twelve years
(b) Two days
(c) Three months
(d) Three years
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
2. What do the missionaries tell the Mbanta people about their gods?
3. What do the rulers and elders of Mbanta decide to do about the Christians after one of the converts kills the Sacred Python?
4. Who says that the Abame were fools and had been warned of danger, and that they should have brought guns and machetes with them to the market?
5. Where does Obierika send one of his relatives to get a fat goat to give to his in-laws during the uri?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)