|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Okonkwo have any patience with his father?
(a) Unkona spoils his wife and children, providing them with too much food and money.
(b) Unkona is a great warrior who is always away at war.
(c) Unoka is lazy, a debtor, and a failure.
(d) Unkona is overly ambitious and driven to earn the highest titles in the land.
2. The Ibo people consider conversation to be very important. What form of conversation do they regard the most highly?
3. How does Ekwefi make the medicine she hopes would cure Ezinma?
(a) She mixes palm-wine and red clay into a medicinal mud and rubs it on Ezinma's face and chest.
(b) She boiled a hen, added yams and nuts to make a medicinal broth for Ezinma to drink.
(c) She grounds kola nuts and bananas together, forming a paste to put on Ezinma's tongue.
(d) She puts a pot on the fire, adding medicinal plants, grasses, leaves, roots and barks. She brought them to a boil being careful that it didn't boil over and lose its power.
4. During the rainy season, how do the people of the village pass the time?
(a) They spend many hours praying to the gods for a bountiful harvest.
(b) They spent time in the hut, listening to flute music, weaving baskets, and sleeping.
(c) They prepare yam seeds for next year's fields.
(d) In each hut, children sit by their mother's cooking fire and tell stories, or sit with their father, roasting and eating maize.
5. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
(a) Men chosen by the elders from each of the nine villages.
(b) Men elected in each of the nine villages.
(c) The wealthiest men from each of the nine villages.
(d) The leaders of the teams are made up of the best wrestlers in the nine villages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of clan members join the white man's religion?
2. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
3. When Okonkwo is angry and cannot speak because of his stutter, how does he get his point across?
4. What is Okonkwo afraid will happen to his male children after he dies?
5. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)