|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
(a) To make sure his barn was always filled with yams.
(b) To hate everything his father loved.
(c) To be affluent in money, wives, and children.
(d) To obtain more wealth than anyone else in Umuofia.
2. What are the traditional events when night falls and it is time to end Obierika's daughter's uri?
(a) The singers sing a song of praise to Obierika for such a wonderful celebration.
(b) The women gather all the pots, filling them with leftover food and give each guest a pot to take home.
(c) The leftover wine is divided into flasks for the guests to take home.
(d) The elders sit in a circle while singers sing each man's praise. Then the guest's rise to go and the bride is to leave with them for seven weeks.
3. Nine out of ten of Ekwefi's children die in infancy. After the second death, Okonkwo goes to the medicine man to find out why this is happening. What explanation does the diviner give?
(a) The child is an agbanje, a wicked child that enters the mother's womb to be born again.
(b) Ekwefi is weak and should not become pregnant again.
(c) Ekwefi should just keep trying, and sooner or later a child would survive.
(d) Ekwefi did not eat vegetable soup throughout her pregnancies.
4. Why do all the women abandon preparing the food for the uri and rush off to the Obierika's crop field?
(a) A neighbor's child went to the field and started picking the crops.
(b) A fire broke out in the field and the women have to stomp it out.
(c) The locusts landed on the crops and have to be brushed off the leaves.
(d) There is a cow loose in the field eating the crops and the women have to catch it.
5. What is the name of the first woman to join the Christian missionaries?
(d) Nwoye's mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
2. Nwoye's mother calls Ezinma "Ezigbo" when she brings the fire to Nwoye's mother's hut. What does "Ezigbo" mean?
3. During the rainy season, how do the people of the village pass the time?
4. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
5. What does Okonkwo bring back from the bush while Ezinma lays sick in Ekwefi's hut?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)