|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uchendu say, "Never kill a man who says nothing" when Obierika tells them about the white man the Abame killed?
(a) He may hold secrets you need to learn.
(b) He may not be able to speak your language.
(c) The white man did not said anything to the Abame and according to Uchendu, silence is ominous.
(d) Because he did not defended himself and may be innocent.
2. What ultimatum is dispatched to Mbaino as a consequence of the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
(a) Delivery to Umuofia a year's worth of the yam harvest as a peace offering.
(b) Choose between war or the offer of a young man and a virgin from Mbaino.
(c) The sacrificial offering of one of the daughters of Mbaino.
(d) Deliver the head of the murderer to the people of Umuofia.
3. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
(a) He always believs big, strong men are trustworthy.
(b) He asks other people of the village if Okonkwo can be trusted.
(c) He figures he can charge Okonkwo for the seeds with interest if the crop failed.
(d) He can tell by looking at Okonkwo that he is a hard worker, unlike many young men of the village.
4. During the rainy season, how do the people of the village pass the time?
(a) In each hut, children sit by their mother's cooking fire and tell stories, or sit with their father, roasting and eating maize.
(b) They spent time in the hut, listening to flute music, weaving baskets, and sleeping.
(c) They prepare yam seeds for next year's fields.
(d) They spend many hours praying to the gods for a bountiful harvest.
5. Who is called the Crystal of Beauty in Mbanta, growing into a healthy, buoyant young woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ekwefi make the medicine she hopes would cure Ezinma?
2. As the drums sound and the flutes blast, what appears out of the egwugwu house?
3. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
4. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
5. Why is the big, ancient silk-cotton tree in the playground considered sacred?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)