|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Umuofia the next time Obierika comes to visit Okonkwo, two years later?
(a) The white men wipe out another clan of Umuofia.
(b) The entire village coverts to the white man's religion.
(c) More white men come, and the clan kills them.
(d) The missionaries come, building a church and send evangalists to other towns and villages.
2. What ultimatum is dispatched to Mbaino as a consequence of the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
(a) Choose between war or the offer of a young man and a virgin from Mbaino.
(b) Delivery to Umuofia a year's worth of the yam harvest as a peace offering.
(c) The sacrificial offering of one of the daughters of Mbaino.
(d) Deliver the head of the murderer to the people of Umuofia.
3. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
(a) He is going to distribute all his yam seeds to the people.
(b) He is going to leave behind one of his wives to work for the rulers and elders.
(c) He is going to have a great feast.
(d) He is going to give the elders a bag of cowries.
4. What is the first trial's dispute set before Evil Forest and the egwugwu?
(a) The case of a man being murdered and left by the side of the road by his brother.
(b) The case of a mother beating her child to death.
(c) The case of one man stealing yams from the barn of another.
(d) The case of Mgbafo running away from her husband, Uzowulu, because he beat her and caused her to miscarry. Mgbafo's relatives refuse to give him back the bride-price because he beats her.
5. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
(a) To ask for wealth, prosperity, and many newborn sons.
(b) To find out if their wives are being faithful.
(c) To ask for a cure for a fatal disease.
(d) When they are followed by misfortune, when they have a dispute with their neighbors, to see their futures, and to talk to the spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
2. Okonkwo ate his wive's meals, and his wives and children are their supper. What is the next thing his wives and children do?
3. What do the rulers and elders of Mbanta decide to do about the Christians after one of the converts kills the Sacred Python?
4. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
5. Who appears in front of Ekwefi as she waits tearfully outside Agbala's cave?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)