|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Okonkwo worry about his son, Nwoye?
(a) Okonkwo thinks his son is too much like his mother and weak like his grandfather.
(b) He thinks his son is too boastful, which may turn others against him.
(c) He thinks his son is too aggressive, which might lead him into danger.
(d) He thinks his son will not become a musician like he wants him to.
2. What type of clan members join the white man's religion?
(a) The women and children of the clan
(b) Men with no titles, efulefu, worthless and empty men
(c) The elders of the clan and their families
(d) The warriors of the clan, hoping the religion would keep them safe
3. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
(a) Five men on each side
(b) Twelve men on each side
(c) Nine men on each side
(d) Six men on each side
4. Why does Obierika tell Okonkwo that it is too late to fight the white man and drive him from the land?
(a) The white men have powerful spirits who protected them.
(b) The white men are more courageous than the men of Umuofia.
(c) There are too many white men.
(d) Because their own men and sons have joined the white man's religion and government.
5. What is the final ceremony, Amikwu, Uchendu's youngest son, has to perform before getting married?
(a) Umuada--the gathering of daughters
(b) Uri--the ceremony of wine bringing
(c) Kwenu--shouts of approval
(d) Isa-ife--the ceremony of confession
Short Answer Questions
1. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
2. Nine out of ten of Ekwefi's children die in infancy. After the second death, Okonkwo goes to the medicine man to find out why this is happening. What explanation does the diviner give?
3. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
4. Obiageli, Nwoye's sister, comes home crying because her water pot is broken. How did her waterpot break?
5. Why do the people of Umuofia observe the Week of Peace?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)