|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people of Umuofia observe the Week of Peace?
(a) It is a time to set aside differences with families and neighbors, forgiving them for past offenses.
(b) Their forefather's ordained that before they planted any crops, they have to observe a week where it is forbidden to say a harsh word to a neighbor. This honors the god of the earth, so that the crops will grow.
(c) It is a time for families to develop bonds of love and understanding, making their relationships strong.
(d) It is a week of happy celebration, dancing, and feasting with everyone in the village. It creates a peaceful, cooperative atmosphere that is supposed to last throughout the year.
2. Who is the priestess of Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, in real life?
(a) Noywe's mother
(b) Anasi, Okonkwo's first wife
(c) Chielo, a widow with two children
(d) Ekwefi, the second wife of Okonkwo
3. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
(a) The beginning of the season is poor weather for growing yams, but the second planting of the season grows huge yams, sweet and plump.
(b) The best growing weather ever: yams flourish with the nightly rains and sunny days.
(c) The worst in memory: late rains and scorching sun kill the yams, then torrential downpours wash the seeds away.
(d) Some good days, and some bad: the yams grow, but not to their potential. Some days were too hot and some rains too severe.
4. Who says that the Abame were fools and had been warned of danger, and that they should have brought guns and machetes with them to the market?
5. Who appears in front of Ekwefi as she waits tearfully outside Agbala's cave?
(d) Nwoye's mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the big, ancient silk-cotton tree in the playground considered sacred?
2. Why do the elders fear for the young people of the village?
3. What is the first trial's dispute set before Evil Forest and the egwugwu?
4. What is the first thing Mr. Kiaga orders the outcasts to do if they want to remain in the new religion?
5. What do the rulers and elders of Mbanta decide to do about the Christians after one of the converts kills the Sacred Python?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)