|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the priestess of Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, in real life?
(a) Chielo, a widow with two children
(b) Anasi, Okonkwo's first wife
(c) Ekwefi, the second wife of Okonkwo
(d) Noywe's mother
2. Who is captivated by the message of the missionaries?
3. What is the first trial's dispute set before Evil Forest and the egwugwu?
(a) The case of a man being murdered and left by the side of the road by his brother.
(b) The case of a mother beating her child to death.
(c) The case of Mgbafo running away from her husband, Uzowulu, because he beat her and caused her to miscarry. Mgbafo's relatives refuse to give him back the bride-price because he beats her.
(d) The case of one man stealing yams from the barn of another.
4. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
(a) Twelve years
(b) Three years
(c) Three months
(d) Two days
5. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) On a necklace.
(b) On an anklet.
(c) In a hair piece.
(d) Tattooed on her upper arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
2. Nwoye's mother calls Ezinma "Ezigbo" when she brings the fire to Nwoye's mother's hut. What does "Ezigbo" mean?
3. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
4. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
5. How does Unoka react when Okoye asks him to repay the two hundred cowries owed to him?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)