|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nwoye do after his father, Okonkwo, beats him for being with the missionaries?
(a) He screams for his mother's help.
(b) He swears that he will never go near the missionary church again.
(c) He begs his father to stop beating him.
(d) He leaves his family to go the the Christian school in Umuofia.
2. Every man learns the language of the ekwe. How does the wooden instrument let the people know exactly who has died?
(a) It announces the name of the man over and over again.
(b) It spells out the letters in the name.
(c) It only announces the name of the village.
(d) First it announces the name of the clan, then it names the village, and finally it names the man.
3. How does Nwoye's mother treat Ikemenfuna?
(a) She makes him work like a slave.
(b) She ignores him, resenting that he is someone else's child.
(c) She is very kind to him and treats him like one of her own children.
(d) She mistreats him, letting him go for days with nothing to eat.
4. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
(a) To obtain more wealth than anyone else in Umuofia.
(b) To be affluent in money, wives, and children.
(c) To hate everything his father loved.
(d) To make sure his barn was always filled with yams.
5. What is the nickname of kotma, the court messengers who guard the prison which holds people who break the white man's law?
(a) Dead locusts
(c) Slime of the earth
(d) Betrayers of the people
Short Answer Questions
1. Okonkwo ate his wive's meals, and his wives and children are their supper. What is the next thing his wives and children do?
2. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
3. What does Ekwefi do after Chielo carries Ezinma away on her back?
4. What is the significance of the beating of drums in the village playground, the ilo, where all the great ceremonies and dances of the village take place?
5. Nwoye's mother calls Ezinma "Ezigbo" when she brings the fire to Nwoye's mother's hut. What does "Ezigbo" mean?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)