|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Okonkwo ate his wive's meals, and his wives and children are their supper. What is the next thing his wives and children do?
(a) The wives wash their hair and their children's hair
(b) Review the events of the day
(c) Wash the children and get them ready for bed
(d) Sing and told folk stories
2. What is Okonkwo afraid will happen to his male children after he dies?
(a) They will forget the lessons Okonkwo taught them.
(b) They will be killed by neighboring enemies.
(c) They will follow in Nwoye's footsteps and abandon the gods of their ancestors.
(d) They will never go back to their homeland again.
3. As Ekwefi and Okonkwo wait outside of Agbala's cave for Ezinma's return, what does Ekwefi think about?
(a) She thinks about how she and Okonkwo can defeat Agbala.
(b) She thinks about when she and Okonkwo were young, and how she left her first husband to be with Okonkwo.
(c) She thinks about what must be happening to Ezinma in the cave.
(d) She thinks she will take Ezinma and move away from the village.
4. Why do the people of Umuofia observe the Week of Peace?
(a) It is a time for families to develop bonds of love and understanding, making their relationships strong.
(b) Their forefather's ordained that before they planted any crops, they have to observe a week where it is forbidden to say a harsh word to a neighbor. This honors the god of the earth, so that the crops will grow.
(c) It is a time to set aside differences with families and neighbors, forgiving them for past offenses.
(d) It is a week of happy celebration, dancing, and feasting with everyone in the village. It creates a peaceful, cooperative atmosphere that is supposed to last throughout the year.
5. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
(a) He is going to distribute all his yam seeds to the people.
(b) He is going to have a great feast.
(c) He is going to give the elders a bag of cowries.
(d) He is going to leave behind one of his wives to work for the rulers and elders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nine out of ten of Ekwefi's children die in infancy. After the second death, Okonkwo goes to the medicine man to find out why this is happening. What explanation does the diviner give?
2. Every man learns the language of the ekwe. How does the wooden instrument let the people know exactly who has died?
3. How does Nwoye's mother treat Ikemenfuna?
4. What is the name of the first woman to join the Christian missionaries?
5. What does Okagbue, the medicine man, dig up from under the orange tree that makes the people of the village believe that Ezinma will live to adulthood?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)