|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Njide, the eldest sister of Uchendu, ask of her brother's bride during the isa-ife?
(a) How many children do you plan to bear in my brother's name?
(b) Do you plan on being faithful and obedient to my brother?
(c) How do you plan to keep a tranquil household for my brother?
(d) How many men have you lain with since my brother first expressed the desire to marry you?
2. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
(a) Goat's milk and eggs.
(b) A bamboo basket and a goatflask.
(c) Campfire wood, and a pot of soup.
(d) Palm-wine, a cock, kola nut, and alligator pepper.
3. What do the rulers and elders of Mbanta decide to do about the Christians after one of the converts kills the Sacred Python?
(a) Develop a plan to kill all the Christians
(b) Drive the Christians out of the village
(c) Ostracize the Christians
(d) Bring the head of Mr. Kiaga back to the village marketplace
4. What does Obierika bring for Okonkwo two years after Okonkwo had been exiled?
(a) Kola nuts and palm-wine
(b) Bags full of cowries
(c) Woven baskets of yams
(d) Yam seeds
5. The punishment for breaking the sacred peace changes through the years. What happened to a man that broke the Week of Peace in the past?
(a) He was exiled from Umuofia, considered to be dead to all the clan.
(b) He was tied in the village marketplace and each member of the clan spat on him.
(c) He was dragged on the ground through the village until dead.
(d) He was hanged in the marketplace for all to see.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that the Abame were fools and had been warned of danger, and that they should have brought guns and machetes with them to the market?
2. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
3. What does Nwoye do after his father, Okonkwo, beats him for being with the missionaries?
4. What is the first thing Okonkwo plans to do when he returns to his clan?
5. What is the final ceremony, Amikwu, Uchendu's youngest son, has to perform before getting married?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)