|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Okonkwo have any patience with his father?
(a) Unkona is overly ambitious and driven to earn the highest titles in the land.
(b) Unoka is lazy, a debtor, and a failure.
(c) Unkona is a great warrior who is always away at war.
(d) Unkona spoils his wife and children, providing them with too much food and money.
2. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(d) Ogbuefi Udo
3. What is Okonkwo's punishment for committing a "nso-ani" during the Week of Peace?
(a) Go to the shrine of Ani, fast for three days, and beg forgiveness for breaking the sacred peace.
(b) Go to the shrine of Ani and confess his disrespectful behavior to the gods of the clan, remaining on his knees throughout a day and night.
(c) Bring a bamboo basket of yams, a flask of palm-wine and a hen to the shrine of Ani.
(d) Bring a she-goat, one hen, a length of cloth, and a hundred cowries to the shrine of Ani.
4. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
(a) The yam harvest of one of the village celebrities is stolen from his barn.
(b) The wife of Ogbuefi Udo is murdered in Mbaino when she goes to market.
(c) The warriors of Mbaino raid one of the villages of Umuofia.
(d) The powerful medicine woman of Umuofia dies during the night.
5. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
(a) The elders, grandees, a few early comers in the stands, and the drummers.
(b) Pregnant women.
(c) Women and children.
(d) The wrestlers waiting for their matches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can an observer tell if a communal ceremony is only for the men of the village?
2. Why do the people of Umuofia observe the Week of Peace?
3. The Ibo people consider conversation to be very important. What form of conversation do they regard the most highly?
4. Who is called the Crystal of Beauty in Mbanta, growing into a healthy, buoyant young woman?
5. Where does Okonkwo bring his family after being banished from his village?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)