|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other thing that the white man brought to Umuofia besides religion?
(c) Wives for the clan
2. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
(a) The shake the tree, and the cassava fall to the ground.
(b) They shake every tree with a long stick, bend down to cut the stem, and dig out the tuber.
(c) They pick the cassava off the tops of the trees.
(d) They cut the cassava off the trees with machetes.
3. What event occurs that convinces the clan that the gods can fight their own battles?
(a) All the food at the church becmes infested with maggots.
(b) Mr. Kiaga becomes ill and is not able to get up for over a week.
(c) Okoli, the convert who is thought to have killed the Sacred Python, dies from illness.
(d) All of the converts come down with a painful rash.
4. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
(a) He has a barn full of yams.
(b) He has no patience with unsuccessful men.
(c) He plays his flute in the village after the harvest.
(d) He throws the great wrestler, Amalinze the Cat.
5. Who says that the Abame were fools and had been warned of danger, and that they should have brought guns and machetes with them to the market?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the rulers and elders of Mbanta decide to do about the Christians after one of the converts kills the Sacred Python?
2. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
3. When Okonkwo is angry and cannot speak because of his stutter, how does he get his point across?
4. What question does Njide, the eldest sister of Uchendu, ask of her brother's bride during the isa-ife?
5. Who is called the Crystal of Beauty in Mbanta, growing into a healthy, buoyant young woman?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)