|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
(a) To save kinsman from starving
(b) Because it is good for kinsman to do so
(c) To gather under the moonlight
(d) To show off the wealth of food
2. What is the other thing that the white man brought to Umuofia besides religion?
(b) Wives for the clan
3. Who is the priestess of Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, in real life?
(a) Anasi, Okonkwo's first wife
(b) Chielo, a widow with two children
(c) Noywe's mother
(d) Ekwefi, the second wife of Okonkwo
4. How do the women of the clan prepare for the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) They scrub the walls and huts with red earth, draw patterns on them in white, yellow and green, paint themselves with cam wood, and draw black patterns on their stomach and backs.
(b) They decorate robes with intricate patterns made of colored beans, plaite each others hair, color their faces with red clay, and make veils to cover their faces during the festival.
(c) They cleanse their bodies, wear a simple robe and sandles, and scrub their faces. They are to go to the festival free of all paint, jewelry, or ornamentation of any kind.
(d) They gather in the marketplace to share all their clothing, jewelry and sandals with one another. They wear each others belongings to prove to the goddess, Ani, that they are worthy people.
5. What does the ekwe, a hollowed out wooden instrument and the blast of the cannon signify to the nine villages of Umuofia?
(a) The beginning of a festival
(b) The death of a man
(c) The beginning of war
(d) The birth of a child
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Unkona change the subject to music when he and Oybe are discussing the impending war with the village of Mbaino?
2. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
3. Why does Uchendu say, "Never kill a man who says nothing" when Obierika tells them about the white man the Abame killed?
4. How many missionaries go to Mbanta?
5. Who is the powerful orator that informs the ten thousand men of the emergency facing the nine villages of Umuofia?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)