|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other thing that the white man brought to Umuofia besides religion?
(d) Wives for the clan
2. Who appears in front of Ekwefi as she waits tearfully outside Agbala's cave?
(c) Nwoye's mother
3. Who is captivated by the message of the missionaries?
4. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
(a) They are revered as sacred above all other infants.
(b) They are drowned.
(c) They are considered good luck and raised by the priestess of the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves.
(d) They are placed in earthenware pots and thrown away in the forest.
5. Why do the people say "Mother is Supreme" when the man is the head of the family and his wives and children are obedient to him?
(a) They are referring to Mother Earth and how she is fertile for the yams.
(b) They are referring to the mother of all gods, guiding them to rule the world.
(c) When a man is sorrowful and bitter, he seeks refuge in his motherland because his mother is there to protect him. It is where she is buried.
(d) They believe in the very first mother of all men, giving life to all the men who came after.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
2. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
3. Why does Okonkwo beat his second wife, Ojiugo, during the sacred Week of Peace?
4. What does every man and his family do after the Week of Peace?
5. Okonkwo does not fear war. In the last war he fought, he brought home a souvenir which he drank palm-wine out of. What is this souvenir?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)