|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the custom in the village of Obodoani if a man dies during the Week of Peace?
(a) The man is buried as deep as two graves.
(b) The man is burned to ashes, instead of buried.
(c) The man is buried outside the village.
(d) The man is not buried, but cast into the Evil Forest.
2. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
3. How does Ekwefi make the medicine she hopes would cure Ezinma?
(a) She mixes palm-wine and red clay into a medicinal mud and rubs it on Ezinma's face and chest.
(b) She puts a pot on the fire, adding medicinal plants, grasses, leaves, roots and barks. She brought them to a boil being careful that it didn't boil over and lose its power.
(c) She grounds kola nuts and bananas together, forming a paste to put on Ezinma's tongue.
(d) She boiled a hen, added yams and nuts to make a medicinal broth for Ezinma to drink.
4. What question does Njide, the eldest sister of Uchendu, ask of her brother's bride during the isa-ife?
(a) How many children do you plan to bear in my brother's name?
(b) How many men have you lain with since my brother first expressed the desire to marry you?
(c) Do you plan on being faithful and obedient to my brother?
(d) How do you plan to keep a tranquil household for my brother?
5. What does Uchendu, the younger brother of Okonkwo's mother, give to Okonkwo after he comes looking for refuge?
(a) A basket of yams and palm-wine for his travels
(b) A plot of ground, and two or three pieces of land
(c) A gun to protect him and his family during their exile
(d) Advice on living in the forest
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
2. Why is the big, ancient silk-cotton tree in the playground considered sacred?
3. Why doesn't Okonkwo have any patience with his father?
4. Okonkwo's friend, Obierika, is celebrating his daughter's uri. Why does this day put the entire neighborhood into a festive air?
5. What is the strange event that takes place in the village of Ire that Ofoedo tells Okonkwo and Obierika about?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)