|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the beating of drums in the village playground, the ilo, where all the great ceremonies and dances of the village take place?
(a) The beating of the drums means that the wrestling match will begin at noon.
(b) The drums beat as each wrestler is thrown to the ground.
(c) The beating drums announce that there is a winner in the wrestling match.
(d) The drums play the wrestling dance in preparation for the wrestling match at sundown.
2. How does Nwoye's mother treat Ikemenfuna?
(a) She makes him work like a slave.
(b) She mistreats him, letting him go for days with nothing to eat.
(c) She is very kind to him and treats him like one of her own children.
(d) She ignores him, resenting that he is someone else's child.
3. Who is captivated by the message of the missionaries?
4. How does Okonkwo act for two days after Ikemefuna's death?
(a) He does not eat for two days, he drinks palm-wine from morning until night, he does not sleep, and he can't stop thinking about Ikemefuna.
(b) He goes into the hills and offers a sacrifice to the gods, asking their forgiveness for taking part in Ikemfuna's death.
(c) He works day and night to keep his mind occupied.
(d) He acts as if nothing has happened and continues his daily routines.
5. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) Tattooed on her upper arm.
(b) On a necklace.
(c) In a hair piece.
(d) On an anklet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ekwefi awakes Okonkwo early in the morning pounding on his door. What is she anxious to tell him?
2. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
3. Who appears in front of Ekwefi as she waits tearfully outside Agbala's cave?
4. What type of clan members join the white man's religion?
5. What is the final ceremony, Amikwu, Uchendu's youngest son, has to perform before getting married?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)