|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Abame clan do to the first white man that comes to their village?
(a) They touch his white skin because they have never seen anything like it before.
(b) They kill him and tie his iron horse to the sacred silk-cotton tree.
(c) They offer vegetable soup and palm-wine to him.
(d) They rub his body with palm oil and adorn him with beads, thinking he is a god.
2. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
(a) To be affluent in money, wives, and children.
(b) To hate everything his father loved.
(c) To obtain more wealth than anyone else in Umuofia.
(d) To make sure his barn was always filled with yams.
3. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
(a) The wrestlers waiting for their matches.
(b) The elders, grandees, a few early comers in the stands, and the drummers.
(c) Pregnant women.
(d) Women and children.
4. Why do the people of Umuofia observe the Week of Peace?
(a) It is a time for families to develop bonds of love and understanding, making their relationships strong.
(b) It is a week of happy celebration, dancing, and feasting with everyone in the village. It creates a peaceful, cooperative atmosphere that is supposed to last throughout the year.
(c) Their forefather's ordained that before they planted any crops, they have to observe a week where it is forbidden to say a harsh word to a neighbor. This honors the god of the earth, so that the crops will grow.
(d) It is a time to set aside differences with families and neighbors, forgiving them for past offenses.
5. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) Tattooed on her upper arm.
(b) On a necklace.
(c) On an anklet.
(d) In a hair piece.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Unoka react when Okoye asks him to repay the two hundred cowries owed to him?
2. Why is Umuofia feared by all its neighbors?
3. Why does Uchendu say, "Never kill a man who says nothing" when Obierika tells them about the white man the Abame killed?
4. When Okonkwo is angry and cannot speak because of his stutter, how does he get his point across?
5. Who is the powerful orator that informs the ten thousand men of the emergency facing the nine villages of Umuofia?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)