|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final ceremony, Amikwu, Uchendu's youngest son, has to perform before getting married?
(a) Umuada--the gathering of daughters
(b) Kwenu--shouts of approval
(c) Uri--the ceremony of wine bringing
(d) Isa-ife--the ceremony of confession
2. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(d) Ogbuefi Udo
3. Who is the priestess of Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, in real life?
(a) Chielo, a widow with two children
(b) Noywe's mother
(c) Ekwefi, the second wife of Okonkwo
(d) Anasi, Okonkwo's first wife
4. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
(a) Deep underground with the creatures of the soil, beneath the hills and all things that live above the ground.
(b) In a large, handsomely endowed compound in the hills filled with the gifts from those asking for a consultation.
(c) In the treetops with all the climbing creatures of Umuofia.
(d) Through a round hole in the side of the hill leading to a dimly lit cave.
5. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
2. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
3. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
4. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
5. What is the agreed upon bride-price for Akueke?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)