|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One night, the storytelling of Okonkwo 's wives and children stops because the priestess, Chielo is shouting in a high-pitched voice. What does she tell Okonkwo?
(a) That Agbala needs to talk to Okonkwo
(b) That Agbala wants to see all Okonkwo's wives
(c) That Agbala is putting a curse on Okonkwo's house
(d) That Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves wants to see Ezinma
2. Who is captivated by the message of the missionaries?
3. How does Nwoye's mother treat Ikemenfuna?
(a) She is very kind to him and treats him like one of her own children.
(b) She mistreats him, letting him go for days with nothing to eat.
(c) She makes him work like a slave.
(d) She ignores him, resenting that he is someone else's child.
4. Why doesn't Okonkwo have any patience with his father?
(a) Unkona is a great warrior who is always away at war.
(b) Unkona spoils his wife and children, providing them with too much food and money.
(c) Unkona is overly ambitious and driven to earn the highest titles in the land.
(d) Unoka is lazy, a debtor, and a failure.
5. What is the decision of the egwugwu after hearing the case for Mgbafo's family against Uzowulu?
(a) Uzowulu is to bring a pot of wine to Mgbafo's family and beg that his wife be returned to him. Mgbafo's family is to return her to Uzowulu when he brings the wine to them.
(b) The bride-price is not to be paid back to Uzowulu.
(c) Uzowulu is warned never to beat a woman again or he will be mutilated.
(d) The bride-price is to be returned to Uzowulu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the festival that gives thanks to Ani, the earth goddess and source of fertility?
2. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
3. What are the things that Okonkwo fears most?
4. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
5. What is the agreed upon bride-price for Akueke?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)