|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people of Umuofia observe the Week of Peace?
(a) It is a time for families to develop bonds of love and understanding, making their relationships strong.
(b) It is a time to set aside differences with families and neighbors, forgiving them for past offenses.
(c) It is a week of happy celebration, dancing, and feasting with everyone in the village. It creates a peaceful, cooperative atmosphere that is supposed to last throughout the year.
(d) Their forefather's ordained that before they planted any crops, they have to observe a week where it is forbidden to say a harsh word to a neighbor. This honors the god of the earth, so that the crops will grow.
2. Who are the two groups of people who stand facing the elders at the ceremonial trial?
(a) One group is Mgbafo and her three brothers. The other group is her husband, Uzowulu, and his relatives.
(b) One group is the twelve-year-old boys from the village. The other group is their fathers.
(c) One group is the three oldest men from the village. The other group is their sons.
(d) One group is wrestlers from the nine villages, and the other group is judges.
3. What does Nwoye do after his father, Okonkwo, beats him for being with the missionaries?
(a) He swears that he will never go near the missionary church again.
(b) He leaves his family to go the the Christian school in Umuofia.
(c) He begs his father to stop beating him.
(d) He screams for his mother's help.
4. What does Uchendu tell Okonkw his duty was?
(a) Forget about his past, and denounce his homeland.
(b) To go back to his clan and beg to be forgiven.
(c) Comfort his wives and children and take them back to his fatherland after seven years.
(d) Never return to his homeland, but build his future in Mbanta.
5. How does Unoka react when Okoye asks him to repay the two hundred cowries owed to him?
(a) He tells Okoye that he would be paid before anyone else.
(b) He offers kola nuts as repayment instead of money.
(c) He promises to repay the money without delay.
(d) He bursts out laughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
2. What are the traditional events when night falls and it is time to end Obierika's daughter's uri?
3. What is the name all children of the clan except Ezinma call their mothers?
4. What is the final ceremony, Amikwu, Uchendu's youngest son, has to perform before getting married?
5. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)