|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimatum is dispatched to Mbaino as a consequence of the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
(a) Deliver the head of the murderer to the people of Umuofia.
(b) The sacrificial offering of one of the daughters of Mbaino.
(c) Choose between war or the offer of a young man and a virgin from Mbaino.
(d) Delivery to Umuofia a year's worth of the yam harvest as a peace offering.
2. When the missionaries ask the rulers of Mbanta for land to build their church, what do the rulers give them?
(a) The best plot of land in the village
(b) An uncleared piece of land in the forest
(c) A rocky, barren piece of land in the hills
3. Why does Unkona change the subject to music when he and Oybe are discussing the impending war with the village of Mbaino?
(a) Unkona is afraid to think about people of his village being hurt.
(b) Unkona wants to stay home to take care of his yam harvest.
(c) Unkona knows he would have to leave his family to fight in the war.
(d) Unkona is a coward and can't stand the sight of blood.
4. Why does Okonkwo beat his second wife, Ojiugo, during the sacred Week of Peace?
(a) She is caught with another man.
(b) She cooks a meal that Okonkwo does not like.
(c) She disagrees with what Okonkwo has to say.
(d) She is at a friend's house and does not prepare Okonkwo's afternoon meal.
5. What is the tragedy that takes place during the final burial rites for Ezeudu while the cannon is shot and guns fired?
(a) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is shot in the arm.
(b) Another elder of the clan dies in all the excitement.
(c) Ezeudu's wife stabs herself.
(d) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is killed when Okonkwo's gun explodes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
2. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
3. What is the name of the first woman to join the Christian missionaries?
4. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
5. Who is captivated by the message of the missionaries?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)