|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uchendu say, "Never kill a man who says nothing" when Obierika tells them about the white man the Abame killed?
(a) Because he did not defended himself and may be innocent.
(b) The white man did not said anything to the Abame and according to Uchendu, silence is ominous.
(c) He may not be able to speak your language.
(d) He may hold secrets you need to learn.
2. What does the priestess do when she brings Ezinma out of Agbala's cave?
(a) She comes out of the cave and tells Okonkwo and Ekwefi that Agbala wants them to leave, or Ezinma will be sacrificed.
(b) She doesn't say a word to Okonkwo or Ekwefi, but carries Ezinma back to Okonkwo's compound and places Ezinma in bed.
(c) She comes out of the cave, giving Okonkwo and Ekwefi a lock of Ezinma's hair. She tells them to bury it in the yam field.
(d) She comes out of the cave alone, telling Okonkwo and Ekwefi that Ezinma has to remain in the cave for two days and nights.
3. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
(a) He has a barn full of yams.
(b) He has no patience with unsuccessful men.
(c) He plays his flute in the village after the harvest.
(d) He throws the great wrestler, Amalinze the Cat.
4. What is the agreed upon bride-price for Akueke?
(a) Five bags of cowries and one hundred yam seeds
(b) Ten woven baskets of yams
(c) Twenty bags of cowries
(d) A she-goat, a hen, and ten cowries
5. Why does Okoye need to collect a past debt from Unkona?
(a) To buy a new ogene, the musical instrument Okoye played.
(b) To buy yams for his three wives.
(c) Okoye needs money to help him overcome his failures.
(d) To help pay for the expensive Idemili title ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the missionaries tell the Mbanta people about their gods?
2. Why do the people of Umuofia observe the Week of Peace?
3. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
4. What is the tragedy that takes place during the final burial rites for Ezeudu while the cannon is shot and guns fired?
5. What ultimatum is dispatched to Mbaino as a consequence of the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)