|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
(a) He hopes Nwoye would be a fair, just, and wise father and husband, showing kindness and love to his family.
(b) He wants Nwoye to be a talented musician, performing at all the festivals in the nine villages.
(c) He wants Nwoye to be a great warrior with many heroic victories to his name.
(d) He wants Nwoye to be prosperous, that he will have enough to feed the ancestors with regular sacrifices, and he will be able to rule his women and children.
2. Okonkwo of Umuofia is the emissary of war to Mbaino. What does Mbaino give him as an offering for the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
(a) A fifteen-year-old boy named Ikemefuna and a young virgin to replace the murdered woman.
(b) One of Mbaino's most powerful warriors.
(c) A large monetary payment for the people of Umofia.
(d) The wife of the murderer.
3. What are the things that Okonkwo fears most?
(a) The forest and magic.
(b) Forces of nature.
(c) Failure, weakness, and himself.
(d) Evil and capricious gods.
4. The first day of the new year is celebrated with feasting and fellowship. What takes place on the second day of the new year?
(a) A gathering in the marketplace for the preparation of the new yams for planting.
(b) A play enacting the planting of yams put on by the children of all the villages in Umuofia.
(c) The gathering of all the village musicians for singing and dancing.
(d) The great wrestling match between Okonkwo's village and their neighbors.
5. How does Ikemenfuna feel after three weeks of illness?
(a) He gets better and is no longer afraid or sad to be in Okonkwo's home.
(b) He vows revenge on Okonkwo and his family.
(c) He cries every night after his illness for his mother and sisters.
(d) He is still bitter and afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Okoye need to collect a past debt from Unkona?
2. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
3. Who appears in front of Ekwefi as she waits tearfully outside Agbala's cave?
4. Why is Okonkwo's twelve-year-old son, Nwoye, causing him great anxiety?
5. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)