|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Okonkwo bring back from the bush while Ezinma lays sick in Ekwefi's hut?
(a) A bundle of medicinal plants, grasses, leaves, roots and barks.
(b) Three small birds to offer as sacrifice to the gods, so Ezinma will get well.
(c) Bananas to mix with palm oil, forming a paste which Ezinma can eat easily. This will help keep up her strength.
(d) Soil from the bush to mix with water and form into mud which can be rubbed on Ezinma's body to bring down the fever.
2. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
(a) To find out if their wives are being faithful.
(b) To ask for a cure for a fatal disease.
(c) When they are followed by misfortune, when they have a dispute with their neighbors, to see their futures, and to talk to the spirits.
(d) To ask for wealth, prosperity, and many newborn sons.
3. Why is Umuofia feared by all its neighbors?
(a) It never tries to find a peaceful settlement before going to war.
(b) The medicine woman curses all its enemies.
(c) Umuofia goes to war whether the case is clear and just or not.
(d) It is powerful in war and magic and has a strong war medicine called agadi-nwayi.
4. How does Okonkwo act for two days after Ikemefuna's death?
(a) He does not eat for two days, he drinks palm-wine from morning until night, he does not sleep, and he can't stop thinking about Ikemefuna.
(b) He acts as if nothing has happened and continues his daily routines.
(c) He works day and night to keep his mind occupied.
(d) He goes into the hills and offers a sacrifice to the gods, asking their forgiveness for taking part in Ikemfuna's death.
5. What drives Okonkwo into a rage on the first day of the festival, leading him to beat his second wife, Ekwefi, and almost kill her with a gun?
(a) Okonkwo finds that his second wife has not prepared her children in the traditional fashion of the clan for the festival.
(b) He believes his wife killed a banana tree in the compound, even though it is still alive. She also comments on his inability to shoot well.
(c) She burns the vegetable soup she is preparing for the festival.
(d) Okonkwo is angry because his second wife has not scrubbed the walls of her hut with red earth, and has neglected the rituals of the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a man who holds the ozo title forbidden to do?
2. What are the things that Okonkwo fears most?
3. What is the strange event that takes place in the village of Ire that Ofoedo tells Okonkwo and Obierika about?
4. What does Ekwefi do after Chielo carries Ezinma away on her back?
5. What does every man and his family do after the Week of Peace?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)