|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(c) Ogbuefi Udo
2. Why does Okoye need to collect a past debt from Unkona?
(a) Okoye needs money to help him overcome his failures.
(b) To buy yams for his three wives.
(c) To buy a new ogene, the musical instrument Okoye played.
(d) To help pay for the expensive Idemili title ceremony.
3. What is Okonkwo's punishment for committing a "nso-ani" during the Week of Peace?
(a) Bring a bamboo basket of yams, a flask of palm-wine and a hen to the shrine of Ani.
(b) Go to the shrine of Ani and confess his disrespectful behavior to the gods of the clan, remaining on his knees throughout a day and night.
(c) Go to the shrine of Ani, fast for three days, and beg forgiveness for breaking the sacred peace.
(d) Bring a she-goat, one hen, a length of cloth, and a hundred cowries to the shrine of Ani.
4. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
(a) That he is being exiled.
(b) That he is being killed.
(c) That he is going home.
(d) That he is free to go.
5. What is the festival that gives thanks to Ani, the earth goddess and source of fertility?
(a) The Yam Harvest Festival
(b) The New Yam Festival
(c) The Mother of the Earth Festival
(d) The Seeds of Life Festival
Short Answer Questions
1. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
2. Why do men and women look forward to the Feast of the New Yam?
3. How are the children of the village prepared for the Feast of the New Yam?
4. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
5. Who is the priestess of Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, in real life?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)