|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first day of the new year is celebrated with feasting and fellowship. What takes place on the second day of the new year?
(a) The gathering of all the village musicians for singing and dancing.
(b) A gathering in the marketplace for the preparation of the new yams for planting.
(c) A play enacting the planting of yams put on by the children of all the villages in Umuofia.
(d) The great wrestling match between Okonkwo's village and their neighbors.
2. Why does Unkona's neighbor, Okoye, visit him?
(a) To collect a two-year-old debt of two hundred cowries.
(b) To talk about music.
(c) To share kola nuts with Unkona.
(d) To pray with Unkona for life, health, and protection from enemies.
3. Who appears in front of Ekwefi as she waits tearfully outside Agbala's cave?
(b) Nwoye's mother
4. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
(a) That Unoka has offended the gods and that is why his crop fail.
(b) That he should stay home and offer sacrifices to the gods.
(c) That Unoka sows his yams on exhausted land rather than making the effort to clear new land.
(d) That he angers his ancestors and they plague his land.
5. Obiageli, Nwoye's sister, comes home crying because her water pot is broken. How did her waterpot break?
(a) She overfilled the pot with water and was unable to carry the weight. The pot tipped and fell.
(b) She was showing off, swaying her waist and the pot fell.
(c) She was pushed by Nwoye's younger brother and fell with her pot, spilling the water and smashing the pot.
(d) She tripped over a stone in the pathway, and fell with her water pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ekwefi do after Chielo carries Ezinma away on her back?
2. Who is Okonkwo's father?
3. The punishment for breaking the sacred peace changes through the years. What happened to a man that broke the Week of Peace in the past?
4. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
5. Why does Unkona change the subject to music when he and Oybe are discussing the impending war with the village of Mbaino?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)