|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Okonkwo's father?
2. What is a man who holds the ozo title forbidden to do?
(a) Wrestle during the Feast of the New Yam.
(b) Talk to a single woman in public.
(c) Drink from the tapping of short palm trees.
(d) Tap the tall palm trees.
3. What do the people of Umuofia fear in the night?
(a) Kidnappers looking for children to sell as slaves.
(b) Bandits in search of money and food.
(c) Evil spirits, dangerous animals, and snakes.
(d) Rogue warriors from Mbaino.
4. Why does Unkona's neighbor, Okoye, visit him?
(a) To talk about music.
(b) To share kola nuts with Unkona.
(c) To pray with Unkona for life, health, and protection from enemies.
(d) To collect a two-year-old debt of two hundred cowries.
5. What is the custom in the village of Obodoani if a man dies during the Week of Peace?
(a) The man is burned to ashes, instead of buried.
(b) The man is buried outside the village.
(c) The man is not buried, but cast into the Evil Forest.
(d) The man is buried as deep as two graves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the law state in Umuofia if a woman runs away from her husband?
2. When is the only time that Unkona is not haggard and mournful?
3. Why is Umuofia feared by all its neighbors?
4. One night, the storytelling of Okonkwo 's wives and children stops because the priestess, Chielo is shouting in a high-pitched voice. What does she tell Okonkwo?
5. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)