|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ezinma tells her mother, Ekwefi, that her upper eyelid is twitching. What does Ekwefi tell Ezinma the significance of the twitch is?
(a) It means Ezinma will have many children.
(b) It means Ezinma will see something.
(c) It means the rains will come early this year.
(d) It means Ezinma is going to cry.
2. Why doesn't Okonkwo have any patience with his father?
(a) Unkona spoils his wife and children, providing them with too much food and money.
(b) Unkona is a great warrior who is always away at war.
(c) Unkona is overly ambitious and driven to earn the highest titles in the land.
(d) Unoka is lazy, a debtor, and a failure.
3. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
(a) He plays his flute in the village after the harvest.
(b) He has a barn full of yams.
(c) He has no patience with unsuccessful men.
(d) He throws the great wrestler, Amalinze the Cat.
4. Okonkwo ate his wive's meals, and his wives and children are their supper. What is the next thing his wives and children do?
(a) Wash the children and get them ready for bed
(b) The wives wash their hair and their children's hair
(c) Review the events of the day
(d) Sing and told folk stories
5. Who is the priestess of Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, in real life?
(a) Chielo, a widow with two children
(b) Noywe's mother
(c) Ekwefi, the second wife of Okonkwo
(d) Anasi, Okonkwo's first wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Okonkwo's twelve-year-old son, Nwoye, causing him great anxiety?
2. Where does Chielo bring Ezinma?
3. Obiageli, Nwoye's sister, comes home crying because her water pot is broken. How did her waterpot break?
4. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
5. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)