|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Okonkwo's father?
2. Why do men and women look forward to the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) The men and women cook and feed each other the yams from the previous harvest so that no food will be wasted.
(b) It is the beginning of the season of plenty--the new year. It begins with huge quantities of fresh yams, yam foo foo and vegetable soup.
(c) It is a feast of yam stew made from all the leftover yams of the past harvest, which is divided among all the people.
(d) It is a festival of dancing around the new yams of the season and eating the rest of the old yams for the previous year.
3. What is the custom in the village of Obodoani if a man dies during the Week of Peace?
(a) The man is buried as deep as two graves.
(b) The man is not buried, but cast into the Evil Forest.
(c) The man is buried outside the village.
(d) The man is burned to ashes, instead of buried.
4. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
(a) Ogbuefi Ezendu
5. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
(a) The town crier beating on his hollow, metal ogene.
(b) The beating of drums in the night.
(c) A group of armed warriors.
(d) A choir of people singing the message.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Okonkwo's twelve-year-old son, Nwoye, causing him great anxiety?
2. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
3. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
4. Who is the priestess of Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, in real life?
5. What is the first trial's dispute set before Evil Forest and the egwugwu?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)