|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ezinma tells her mother, Ekwefi, that her upper eyelid is twitching. What does Ekwefi tell Ezinma the significance of the twitch is?
(a) It means Ezinma is going to cry.
(b) It means the rains will come early this year.
(c) It means Ezinma will see something.
(d) It means Ezinma will have many children.
2. Why does Okonkwo beat his second wife, Ojiugo, during the sacred Week of Peace?
(a) She is at a friend's house and does not prepare Okonkwo's afternoon meal.
(b) She cooks a meal that Okonkwo does not like.
(c) She is caught with another man.
(d) She disagrees with what Okonkwo has to say.
3. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
(a) Men chosen by the elders from each of the nine villages.
(b) Men elected in each of the nine villages.
(c) The leaders of the teams are made up of the best wrestlers in the nine villages.
(d) The wealthiest men from each of the nine villages.
4. One night, the storytelling of Okonkwo 's wives and children stops because the priestess, Chielo is shouting in a high-pitched voice. What does she tell Okonkwo?
(a) That Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves wants to see Ezinma
(b) That Agbala wants to see all Okonkwo's wives
(c) That Agbala is putting a curse on Okonkwo's house
(d) That Agbala needs to talk to Okonkwo
5. During the rainy season, how do the people of the village pass the time?
(a) They spend many hours praying to the gods for a bountiful harvest.
(b) They prepare yam seeds for next year's fields.
(c) They spent time in the hut, listening to flute music, weaving baskets, and sleeping.
(d) In each hut, children sit by their mother's cooking fire and tell stories, or sit with their father, roasting and eating maize.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
2. How can an observer tell if a communal ceremony is only for the men of the village?
3. Okonkwo of Umuofia is the emissary of war to Mbaino. What does Mbaino give him as an offering for the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
4. How does Ekwefi make the medicine she hopes would cure Ezinma?
5. What does the law state in Umuofia if a woman runs away from her husband?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)