|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
(a) He gives up being a farmer, and begins looking for a new trade.
(b) His heart is broken from the loss of his crop, leaving him depressed and suicidal.
(c) He feels he can survive anything, since he has survived this disastrous year.
(d) He cries and sinks into despair.
2. What does the law state in Umuofia if a woman runs away from her husband?
(a) Her husband is allowed to go get her, dragging her back home by the hair.
(b) She must be left in the forest to die.
(c) She is to be killed and left unburied for the vultures and wild animals.
(d) Her bride-price must be returned to the husband.
3. Why doesn't Okonkwo have any patience with his father?
(a) Unkona is a great warrior who is always away at war.
(b) Unkona spoils his wife and children, providing them with too much food and money.
(c) Unoka is lazy, a debtor, and a failure.
(d) Unkona is overly ambitious and driven to earn the highest titles in the land.
4. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
(a) Five men on each side
(b) Six men on each side
(c) Nine men on each side
(d) Twelve men on each side
5. How does Okonkwo act for two days after Ikemefuna's death?
(a) He acts as if nothing has happened and continues his daily routines.
(b) He does not eat for two days, he drinks palm-wine from morning until night, he does not sleep, and he can't stop thinking about Ikemefuna.
(c) He works day and night to keep his mind occupied.
(d) He goes into the hills and offers a sacrifice to the gods, asking their forgiveness for taking part in Ikemfuna's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
2. How can an observer tell if a communal ceremony is only for the men of the village?
3. Ezinma offers to bring Okonkwo's chair to the wrestling match for him. Why did he refuse his daughter's offer?
4. How does Unoka react when Okoye asks him to repay the two hundred cowries owed to him?
5. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)