|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the things that Okonkwo fears most?
(a) Failure, weakness, and himself.
(b) Forces of nature.
(c) Evil and capricious gods.
(d) The forest and magic.
2. What do the people of Umuofia fear in the night?
(a) Kidnappers looking for children to sell as slaves.
(b) Bandits in search of money and food.
(c) Rogue warriors from Mbaino.
(d) Evil spirits, dangerous animals, and snakes.
3. Why does Okonkwo insult Osugo at a meeting by calling him a woman?
(a) Osugo is complaining and whining.
(b) Osugo is making womanly hand gestures during the meeting.
(c) Osugo is talking in a feminine voice.
(d) Okonkwo calls Osugo a woman because Osugo has no titles and contradicted what Okonkwo had been saying.
4. What is the significance of the beating of drums in the village playground, the ilo, where all the great ceremonies and dances of the village take place?
(a) The beating of the drums means that the wrestling match will begin at noon.
(b) The beating drums announce that there is a winner in the wrestling match.
(c) The drums beat as each wrestler is thrown to the ground.
(d) The drums play the wrestling dance in preparation for the wrestling match at sundown.
5. Why is the big, ancient silk-cotton tree in the playground considered sacred?
(a) The tree holds all the spirits of the men who died in wars since the beginning of time.
(b) The spirits of good children waiting to be born live in the tree.
(c) The tree holds the spirits of all the ancestors of the clan.
(d) The tree is believed to have been the first tree in existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
2. How are the children of the village prepared for the Feast of the New Yam?
3. Okonkwo does not fear war. In the last war he fought, he brought home a souvenir which he drank palm-wine out of. What is this souvenir?
4. The punishment for breaking the sacred peace changes through the years. What happened to a man that broke the Week of Peace in the past?
5. During the rainy season, how do the people of the village pass the time?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)