|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the only time that Unkona is not haggard and mournful?
(a) When fighting for his village against the village of Mbaino.
(b) When drinking and playing his flute.
(c) When providing food for his wife and children.
(d) After paying off his debts.
2. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) On a necklace.
(b) In a hair piece.
(c) Tattooed on her upper arm.
(d) On an anklet.
3. Okonkwo does not fear war. In the last war he fought, he brought home a souvenir which he drank palm-wine out of. What is this souvenir?
(a) A woven, bamboo basket.
(b) A goatskin flask.
(c) A colorful, clay pot.
(d) A human head.
4. Why do men and women look forward to the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) It is the beginning of the season of plenty--the new year. It begins with huge quantities of fresh yams, yam foo foo and vegetable soup.
(b) The men and women cook and feed each other the yams from the previous harvest so that no food will be wasted.
(c) It is a feast of yam stew made from all the leftover yams of the past harvest, which is divided among all the people.
(d) It is a festival of dancing around the new yams of the season and eating the rest of the old yams for the previous year.
5. Why does Unkona's neighbor, Okoye, visit him?
(a) To talk about music.
(b) To collect a two-year-old debt of two hundred cowries.
(c) To share kola nuts with Unkona.
(d) To pray with Unkona for life, health, and protection from enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
2. Who is the priestess of Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, in real life?
3. Ezinma offers to bring Okonkwo's chair to the wrestling match for him. Why did he refuse his daughter's offer?
4. Nine out of ten of Ekwefi's children die in infancy. After the second death, Okonkwo goes to the medicine man to find out why this is happening. What explanation does the diviner give?
5. Nwoye's mother calls Ezinma "Ezigbo" when she brings the fire to Nwoye's mother's hut. What does "Ezigbo" mean?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)