|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Unkona's neighbor, Okoye, visit him?
(a) To pray with Unkona for life, health, and protection from enemies.
(b) To share kola nuts with Unkona.
(c) To collect a two-year-old debt of two hundred cowries.
(d) To talk about music.
2. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
(a) He throws the great wrestler, Amalinze the Cat.
(b) He has no patience with unsuccessful men.
(c) He has a barn full of yams.
(d) He plays his flute in the village after the harvest.
3. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
(a) Five men on each side
(b) Six men on each side
(c) Twelve men on each side
(d) Nine men on each side
4. Nwoye's mother calls Ezinma "Ezigbo" when she brings the fire to Nwoye's mother's hut. What does "Ezigbo" mean?
(a) Helpful child
(b) Good work
(c) The good one
(d) Good girl
5. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
(a) The wife of Ogbuefi Udo is murdered in Mbaino when she goes to market.
(b) The yam harvest of one of the village celebrities is stolen from his barn.
(c) The warriors of Mbaino raid one of the villages of Umuofia.
(d) The powerful medicine woman of Umuofia dies during the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
2. Okonkwo does not fear war. In the last war he fought, he brought home a souvenir which he drank palm-wine out of. What is this souvenir?
3. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
4. What does the law state in Umuofia if a woman runs away from her husband?
5. What is a man who holds the ozo title forbidden to do?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)