|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ekwefi make the medicine she hopes would cure Ezinma?
(a) She mixes palm-wine and red clay into a medicinal mud and rubs it on Ezinma's face and chest.
(b) She grounds kola nuts and bananas together, forming a paste to put on Ezinma's tongue.
(c) She boiled a hen, added yams and nuts to make a medicinal broth for Ezinma to drink.
(d) She puts a pot on the fire, adding medicinal plants, grasses, leaves, roots and barks. She brought them to a boil being careful that it didn't boil over and lose its power.
2. What do the people of Umuofia fear in the night?
(a) Rogue warriors from Mbaino.
(b) Kidnappers looking for children to sell as slaves.
(c) Bandits in search of money and food.
(d) Evil spirits, dangerous animals, and snakes.
3. What is a man who holds the ozo title forbidden to do?
(a) Wrestle during the Feast of the New Yam.
(b) Tap the tall palm trees.
(c) Talk to a single woman in public.
(d) Drink from the tapping of short palm trees.
4. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
(a) The yam harvest of one of the village celebrities is stolen from his barn.
(b) The warriors of Mbaino raid one of the villages of Umuofia.
(c) The powerful medicine woman of Umuofia dies during the night.
(d) The wife of Ogbuefi Udo is murdered in Mbaino when she goes to market.
5. What does Ekwefi do after Chielo carries Ezinma away on her back?
(a) She screams at Okonkwo to go bring Ezinma back.
(b) She runs into her hut in despair.
(c) She runs to the other wives for solace.
(d) She follows Chielo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the custom in the village of Obodoani if a man dies during the Week of Peace?
2. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
3. What is the agreed upon bride-price for Akueke?
4. What does Okagbue, the medicine man, dig up from under the orange tree that makes the people of the village believe that Ezinma will live to adulthood?
5. What drives Okonkwo into a rage on the first day of the festival, leading him to beat his second wife, Ekwefi, and almost kill her with a gun?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)