|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimatum is dispatched to Mbaino as a consequence of the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
(a) Deliver the head of the murderer to the people of Umuofia.
(b) Delivery to Umuofia a year's worth of the yam harvest as a peace offering.
(c) Choose between war or the offer of a young man and a virgin from Mbaino.
(d) The sacrificial offering of one of the daughters of Mbaino.
2. The first day of the new year is celebrated with feasting and fellowship. What takes place on the second day of the new year?
(a) A gathering in the marketplace for the preparation of the new yams for planting.
(b) A play enacting the planting of yams put on by the children of all the villages in Umuofia.
(c) The great wrestling match between Okonkwo's village and their neighbors.
(d) The gathering of all the village musicians for singing and dancing.
3. The Ibo people consider conversation to be very important. What form of conversation do they regard the most highly?
4. What is the strange event that takes place in the village of Ire that Ofoedo tells Okonkwo and Obierika about?
(a) All the yams planted in the fields rotted during the night from a curse sent by evil spirits.
(b) Ogbuefi Ndulue, the oldest man in the Ire village died and upon hearing about it, his wife, Ozoemena, died also.
(c) All the people in the village of Ire awoke in the night from dreams of disasters to come.
(d) The children of Ire stopped speaking for two days and went into a trance-like state.
5. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
2. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
3. Obierika's daughter, Akueke, is sixteen, just the right age for marrying. How does her suitor and his relatives determine if she is ripe for marriage?
4. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
5. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)