|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Okonkwo have any patience with his father?
(a) Unkona is a great warrior who is always away at war.
(b) Unoka is lazy, a debtor, and a failure.
(c) Unkona spoils his wife and children, providing them with too much food and money.
(d) Unkona is overly ambitious and driven to earn the highest titles in the land.
2. Why does Unkona change the subject to music when he and Oybe are discussing the impending war with the village of Mbaino?
(a) Unkona is afraid to think about people of his village being hurt.
(b) Unkona knows he would have to leave his family to fight in the war.
(c) Unkona wants to stay home to take care of his yam harvest.
(d) Unkona is a coward and can't stand the sight of blood.
3. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
(a) Men chosen by the elders from each of the nine villages.
(b) The leaders of the teams are made up of the best wrestlers in the nine villages.
(c) The wealthiest men from each of the nine villages.
(d) Men elected in each of the nine villages.
4. Okonkwo does not fear war. In the last war he fought, he brought home a souvenir which he drank palm-wine out of. What is this souvenir?
(a) A goatskin flask.
(b) A human head.
(c) A woven, bamboo basket.
(d) A colorful, clay pot.
5. Ekwefi awakes Okonkwo early in the morning pounding on his door. What is she anxious to tell him?
(a) All the men of the village are to meet in the marketplace immediately.
(b) The yam fields are on fire.
(c) Their daughter, Ezinma is sick and dying.
(d) Nwoye's mother is sick and calling for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Okonkwo worry about his son, Nwoye?
2. Nwoye's mother calls Ezinma "Ezigbo" when she brings the fire to Nwoye's mother's hut. What does "Ezigbo" mean?
3. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
4. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
5. While talking with Okoye about the war, Unkona changes the subject to which topic?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)