|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Unoka react when Okoye asks him to repay the two hundred cowries owed to him?
(a) He promises to repay the money without delay.
(b) He offers kola nuts as repayment instead of money.
(c) He bursts out laughing.
(d) He tells Okoye that he would be paid before anyone else.
2. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
(a) The wealthiest men from each of the nine villages.
(b) Men elected in each of the nine villages.
(c) The leaders of the teams are made up of the best wrestlers in the nine villages.
(d) Men chosen by the elders from each of the nine villages.
3. What is a man who holds the ozo title forbidden to do?
(a) Talk to a single woman in public.
(b) Drink from the tapping of short palm trees.
(c) Tap the tall palm trees.
(d) Wrestle during the Feast of the New Yam.
4. Who is the powerful orator that informs the ten thousand men of the emergency facing the nine villages of Umuofia?
(a) Ogbuefi Udo
(c) Ogbuefi Ezeugo
5. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
(a) Twelve years
(b) Two days
(c) Three months
(d) Three years
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
2. How does Nwoye's mother treat Ikemenfuna?
3. Why do men and women look forward to the Feast of the New Yam?
4. How does Ikemenfuna feel after three weeks of illness?
5. Okonkwo does not fear war. In the last war he fought, he brought home a souvenir which he drank palm-wine out of. What is this souvenir?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)