|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ezinma, the daughter of Okonkwo's second wife, bring fire to Nwoye's mother's hut?
(a) Ezinma carries a flaming stick across the compound to Nwoye's mother's hut.
(b) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, gives Ezinma a clay pot with burning leaves inside to carry to Nwoye's mother's hut.
(c) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, makes a torch of banana leaves and palm oil, and gives it to Ezinma to carry to Nwoye's mother.
(d) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, puts live coals into a piece of broken pot and Ezinma carries it to Nwoye's mother.
2. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
(a) The wife of Ogbuefi Udo is murdered in Mbaino when she goes to market.
(b) The powerful medicine woman of Umuofia dies during the night.
(c) The warriors of Mbaino raid one of the villages of Umuofia.
(d) The yam harvest of one of the village celebrities is stolen from his barn.
3. How are the children of the village prepared for the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) Their entire bodies are painted with cam wood and no clothing is worn to the festival.
(b) They are washed in the riverbed three times the day before the festival, and then dressed in simple robes.
(c) Their heads are shaved in beautiful patterns.
(d) Their bodies are rubbed with palm oil, and their hair is decorated with kola nut shells.
4. Who is Okonkwo's father?
5. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
(a) To obtain more wealth than anyone else in Umuofia.
(b) To hate everything his father loved.
(c) To be affluent in money, wives, and children.
(d) To make sure his barn was always filled with yams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ezinma tells her mother, Ekwefi, that her upper eyelid is twitching. What does Ekwefi tell Ezinma the significance of the twitch is?
2. What is a man who holds the ozo title forbidden to do?
3. Okonkwo is sitting in his obi with Ikemefuna and Nwoye, eating dried locusts when Ogbuefi Ezeudu comes with a message. What is the message?
4. What does Okonkwo bring back from the bush while Ezinma lays sick in Ekwefi's hut?
5. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)