|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the only time that Unkona is not haggard and mournful?
(a) When drinking and playing his flute.
(b) When providing food for his wife and children.
(c) When fighting for his village against the village of Mbaino.
(d) After paying off his debts.
2. Okonkwo is sitting in his obi with Ikemefuna and Nwoye, eating dried locusts when Ogbuefi Ezeudu comes with a message. What is the message?
(a) Umuofia decides to kill Ikemefuna. The Oracle of the Hills pronounces it. Okonkwo is not to take part in the killing because the boy calls him father.
(b) Ikemefuna is to be given all the rights of an adopted son to Okonkwo.
(c) Ikemefuna is to remain in Okonkwo's household as a servant for the rest of his life.
(d) Nwoye and Ikemefuna are to be declared by Umuofia as brothers for life.
3. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
(a) He asks other people of the village if Okonkwo can be trusted.
(b) He always believs big, strong men are trustworthy.
(c) He can tell by looking at Okonkwo that he is a hard worker, unlike many young men of the village.
(d) He figures he can charge Okonkwo for the seeds with interest if the crop failed.
4. How does Unoka react when Okoye asks him to repay the two hundred cowries owed to him?
(a) He tells Okoye that he would be paid before anyone else.
(b) He promises to repay the money without delay.
(c) He offers kola nuts as repayment instead of money.
(d) He bursts out laughing.
5. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
(a) A group of armed warriors.
(b) A choir of people singing the message.
(c) The town crier beating on his hollow, metal ogene.
(d) The beating of drums in the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
2. What is the strange event that takes place in the village of Ire that Ofoedo tells Okonkwo and Obierika about?
3. What are the women's duties after the yams are planted?
4. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
5. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)