|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimatum is dispatched to Mbaino as a consequence of the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
(a) Choose between war or the offer of a young man and a virgin from Mbaino.
(b) The sacrificial offering of one of the daughters of Mbaino.
(c) Deliver the head of the murderer to the people of Umuofia.
(d) Delivery to Umuofia a year's worth of the yam harvest as a peace offering.
2. Why doesn't Okonkwo have any patience with his father?
(a) Unkona is a great warrior who is always away at war.
(b) Unoka is lazy, a debtor, and a failure.
(c) Unkona spoils his wife and children, providing them with too much food and money.
(d) Unkona is overly ambitious and driven to earn the highest titles in the land.
3. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
(c) Ogbuefi Ezendu
4. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
(a) He hopes to learn how to become a great farmer and warrior from Okonkwo.
(b) He is afraid and does not understand the circumstances.
(c) He is thankful that he will never be hungry living with Okonkwo, his three wives, and eight children.
(d) He is pleased to be living with such a powerful, wealthy man.
5. How does Okonkwo act for two days after Ikemefuna's death?
(a) He acts as if nothing has happened and continues his daily routines.
(b) He works day and night to keep his mind occupied.
(c) He goes into the hills and offers a sacrifice to the gods, asking their forgiveness for taking part in Ikemfuna's death.
(d) He does not eat for two days, he drinks palm-wine from morning until night, he does not sleep, and he can't stop thinking about Ikemefuna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ekwefi awakes Okonkwo early in the morning pounding on his door. What is she anxious to tell him?
2. Why does Okoye need to collect a past debt from Unkona?
3. Why is the big, ancient silk-cotton tree in the playground considered sacred?
4. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
5. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)