|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Obiageli, Nwoye's sister, comes home crying because her water pot is broken. How did her waterpot break?
(a) She was showing off, swaying her waist and the pot fell.
(b) She overfilled the pot with water and was unable to carry the weight. The pot tipped and fell.
(c) She tripped over a stone in the pathway, and fell with her water pot.
(d) She was pushed by Nwoye's younger brother and fell with her pot, spilling the water and smashing the pot.
2. Ezinma tells her mother, Ekwefi, that her upper eyelid is twitching. What does Ekwefi tell Ezinma the significance of the twitch is?
(a) It means Ezinma will see something.
(b) It means Ezinma will have many children.
(c) It means Ezinma is going to cry.
(d) It means the rains will come early this year.
3. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
(a) To obtain more wealth than anyone else in Umuofia.
(b) To be affluent in money, wives, and children.
(c) To hate everything his father loved.
(d) To make sure his barn was always filled with yams.
4. Okonkwo is sitting in his obi with Ikemefuna and Nwoye, eating dried locusts when Ogbuefi Ezeudu comes with a message. What is the message?
(a) Ikemefuna is to be given all the rights of an adopted son to Okonkwo.
(b) Ikemefuna is to remain in Okonkwo's household as a servant for the rest of his life.
(c) Umuofia decides to kill Ikemefuna. The Oracle of the Hills pronounces it. Okonkwo is not to take part in the killing because the boy calls him father.
(d) Nwoye and Ikemefuna are to be declared by Umuofia as brothers for life.
5. What is a man who holds the ozo title forbidden to do?
(a) Wrestle during the Feast of the New Yam.
(b) Tap the tall palm trees.
(c) Drink from the tapping of short palm trees.
(d) Talk to a single woman in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
2. Ekwefi awakes Okonkwo early in the morning pounding on his door. What is she anxious to tell him?
3. Why does Unkona's neighbor, Okoye, visit him?
4. What is the strange event that takes place in the village of Ire that Ofoedo tells Okonkwo and Obierika about?
5. Okonkwo does not fear war. In the last war he fought, he brought home a souvenir which he drank palm-wine out of. What is this souvenir?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)