|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
(a) The best growing weather ever: yams flourish with the nightly rains and sunny days.
(b) The beginning of the season is poor weather for growing yams, but the second planting of the season grows huge yams, sweet and plump.
(c) Some good days, and some bad: the yams grow, but not to their potential. Some days were too hot and some rains too severe.
(d) The worst in memory: late rains and scorching sun kill the yams, then torrential downpours wash the seeds away.
2. What is the name all children of the clan except Ezinma call their mothers?
3. Why is Umuofia feared by all its neighbors?
(a) It is powerful in war and magic and has a strong war medicine called agadi-nwayi.
(b) It never tries to find a peaceful settlement before going to war.
(c) The medicine woman curses all its enemies.
(d) Umuofia goes to war whether the case is clear and just or not.
4. When Okonkwo is angry and cannot speak because of his stutter, how does he get his point across?
(a) Uses his fists against the person who angers him.
(b) Uses hand motions to relay his message.
(c) Walks away, returning when he is calmer.
(d) Takes a deep breath and gets control of himself.
5. While talking with Okoye about the war, Unkona changes the subject to which topic?
(b) Ancestral feasts
(c) Heavy rains
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the powerful orator that informs the ten thousand men of the emergency facing the nine villages of Umuofia?
2. How does Okonkwo act for two days after Ikemefuna's death?
3. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
4. Why does Unkona's neighbor, Okoye, visit him?
5. What do the people of Umuofia fear in the night?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)