|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does every man and his family do after the Week of Peace?
(a) Cuts bush to make new farms, burns the bush and flies kites over the burning fields.
(b) Gathers in the marketplace to visit with neighbors.
(c) Has a feast to celebrate with each other.
(d) Plays flutes, dances and sings before planting the crops.
2. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
(a) Deep underground with the creatures of the soil, beneath the hills and all things that live above the ground.
(b) Through a round hole in the side of the hill leading to a dimly lit cave.
(c) In a large, handsomely endowed compound in the hills filled with the gifts from those asking for a consultation.
(d) In the treetops with all the climbing creatures of Umuofia.
3. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
(a) They are revered as sacred above all other infants.
(b) They are drowned.
(c) They are considered good luck and raised by the priestess of the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves.
(d) They are placed in earthenware pots and thrown away in the forest.
4. What is the name all children of the clan except Ezinma call their mothers?
5. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
(a) He feels he can survive anything, since he has survived this disastrous year.
(b) He cries and sinks into despair.
(c) He gives up being a farmer, and begins looking for a new trade.
(d) His heart is broken from the loss of his crop, leaving him depressed and suicidal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ekwefi awakes Okonkwo early in the morning pounding on his door. What is she anxious to tell him?
2. What do the people of Umuofia fear in the night?
3. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
4. Ezinma tells her mother, Ekwefi, that her upper eyelid is twitching. What does Ekwefi tell Ezinma the significance of the twitch is?
5. What are the women's duties after the yams are planted?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)