|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
(a) Twelve years
(b) Three months
(c) Three years
(d) Two days
2. How does Unoka react when Okoye asks him to repay the two hundred cowries owed to him?
(a) He offers kola nuts as repayment instead of money.
(b) He bursts out laughing.
(c) He tells Okoye that he would be paid before anyone else.
(d) He promises to repay the money without delay.
3. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
(a) He has no patience with unsuccessful men.
(b) He plays his flute in the village after the harvest.
(c) He throws the great wrestler, Amalinze the Cat.
(d) He has a barn full of yams.
4. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(a) Ogbuefi Udo
5. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
(a) That Unoka sows his yams on exhausted land rather than making the effort to clear new land.
(b) That he should stay home and offer sacrifices to the gods.
(c) That Unoka has offended the gods and that is why his crop fail.
(d) That he angers his ancestors and they plague his land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Unkona change the subject to music when he and Oybe are discussing the impending war with the village of Mbaino?
2. Why is Okonkwo's twelve-year-old son, Nwoye, causing him great anxiety?
3. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
4. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
5. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)