|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the only time that Unkona is not haggard and mournful?
(a) When fighting for his village against the village of Mbaino.
(b) When drinking and playing his flute.
(c) After paying off his debts.
(d) When providing food for his wife and children.
2. How does Nwoye's mother treat Ikemenfuna?
(a) She ignores him, resenting that he is someone else's child.
(b) She mistreats him, letting him go for days with nothing to eat.
(c) She is very kind to him and treats him like one of her own children.
(d) She makes him work like a slave.
3. The first day of the new year is celebrated with feasting and fellowship. What takes place on the second day of the new year?
(a) The gathering of all the village musicians for singing and dancing.
(b) The great wrestling match between Okonkwo's village and their neighbors.
(c) A gathering in the marketplace for the preparation of the new yams for planting.
(d) A play enacting the planting of yams put on by the children of all the villages in Umuofia.
4. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
(a) He has no patience with unsuccessful men.
(b) He has a barn full of yams.
(c) He plays his flute in the village after the harvest.
(d) He throws the great wrestler, Amalinze the Cat.
5. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
(a) Going to his mother and his father's wives for help.
(b) Planting coco-yams.
(d) Saving his money to buy seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
2. What are the women's duties after the yams are planted?
3. Who is the powerful orator that informs the ten thousand men of the emergency facing the nine villages of Umuofia?
4. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
5. The Ibo people consider conversation to be very important. What form of conversation do they regard the most highly?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)