|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
(a) The beginning of the season is poor weather for growing yams, but the second planting of the season grows huge yams, sweet and plump.
(b) Some good days, and some bad: the yams grow, but not to their potential. Some days were too hot and some rains too severe.
(c) The best growing weather ever: yams flourish with the nightly rains and sunny days.
(d) The worst in memory: late rains and scorching sun kill the yams, then torrential downpours wash the seeds away.
2. How does Unoka react when Okoye asks him to repay the two hundred cowries owed to him?
(a) He offers kola nuts as repayment instead of money.
(b) He tells Okoye that he would be paid before anyone else.
(c) He bursts out laughing.
(d) He promises to repay the money without delay.
3. What do the people of Umuofia fear in the night?
(a) Bandits in search of money and food.
(b) Evil spirits, dangerous animals, and snakes.
(c) Kidnappers looking for children to sell as slaves.
(d) Rogue warriors from Mbaino.
4. Obiageli, Nwoye's sister, comes home crying because her water pot is broken. How did her waterpot break?
(a) She was pushed by Nwoye's younger brother and fell with her pot, spilling the water and smashing the pot.
(b) She tripped over a stone in the pathway, and fell with her water pot.
(c) She overfilled the pot with water and was unable to carry the weight. The pot tipped and fell.
(d) She was showing off, swaying her waist and the pot fell.
5. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
(a) The wife of Ogbuefi Udo is murdered in Mbaino when she goes to market.
(b) The powerful medicine woman of Umuofia dies during the night.
(c) The yam harvest of one of the village celebrities is stolen from his barn.
(d) The warriors of Mbaino raid one of the villages of Umuofia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the beating of drums in the village playground, the ilo, where all the great ceremonies and dances of the village take place?
2. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
3. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
4. When Okonkwo is angry and cannot speak because of his stutter, how does he get his point across?
5. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)