|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Okonkwo insult Osugo at a meeting by calling him a woman?
(a) Osugo is talking in a feminine voice.
(b) Osugo is complaining and whining.
(c) Osugo is making womanly hand gestures during the meeting.
(d) Okonkwo calls Osugo a woman because Osugo has no titles and contradicted what Okonkwo had been saying.
2. Nwoye's mother calls Ezinma "Ezigbo" when she brings the fire to Nwoye's mother's hut. What does "Ezigbo" mean?
(a) The good one
(b) Good girl
(c) Helpful child
(d) Good work
3. Okonkwo of Umuofia is the emissary of war to Mbaino. What does Mbaino give him as an offering for the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
(a) One of Mbaino's most powerful warriors.
(b) A fifteen-year-old boy named Ikemefuna and a young virgin to replace the murdered woman.
(c) The wife of the murderer.
(d) A large monetary payment for the people of Umofia.
4. Why do men and women look forward to the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) The men and women cook and feed each other the yams from the previous harvest so that no food will be wasted.
(b) It is the beginning of the season of plenty--the new year. It begins with huge quantities of fresh yams, yam foo foo and vegetable soup.
(c) It is a festival of dancing around the new yams of the season and eating the rest of the old yams for the previous year.
(d) It is a feast of yam stew made from all the leftover yams of the past harvest, which is divided among all the people.
5. How does Ezinma, the daughter of Okonkwo's second wife, bring fire to Nwoye's mother's hut?
(a) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, puts live coals into a piece of broken pot and Ezinma carries it to Nwoye's mother.
(b) Ezinma carries a flaming stick across the compound to Nwoye's mother's hut.
(c) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, makes a torch of banana leaves and palm oil, and gives it to Ezinma to carry to Nwoye's mother.
(d) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, gives Ezinma a clay pot with burning leaves inside to carry to Nwoye's mother's hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Okonkwo is angry and cannot speak because of his stutter, how does he get his point across?
2. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
3. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
4. Why does Okoye need to collect a past debt from Unkona?
5. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)