|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the festival that gives thanks to Ani, the earth goddess and source of fertility?
(a) The Seeds of Life Festival
(b) The Yam Harvest Festival
(c) The Mother of the Earth Festival
(d) The New Yam Festival
2. Who is the powerful orator that informs the ten thousand men of the emergency facing the nine villages of Umuofia?
(a) Ogbuefi Ezeugo
(d) Ogbuefi Udo
3. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
(a) Campfire wood, and a pot of soup.
(b) A bamboo basket and a goatflask.
(c) Goat's milk and eggs.
(d) Palm-wine, a cock, kola nut, and alligator pepper.
4. The punishment for breaking the sacred peace changes through the years. What happened to a man that broke the Week of Peace in the past?
(a) He was exiled from Umuofia, considered to be dead to all the clan.
(b) He was dragged on the ground through the village until dead.
(c) He was hanged in the marketplace for all to see.
(d) He was tied in the village marketplace and each member of the clan spat on him.
5. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
(a) To ask for wealth, prosperity, and many newborn sons.
(b) When they are followed by misfortune, when they have a dispute with their neighbors, to see their futures, and to talk to the spirits.
(c) To find out if their wives are being faithful.
(d) To ask for a cure for a fatal disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
2. Why does Okonkwo beat his second wife, Ojiugo, during the sacred Week of Peace?
3. How does Ikemenfuna feel after three weeks of illness?
4. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
5. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)