|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Unkona's neighbor, Okoye, visit him?
(a) To share kola nuts with Unkona.
(b) To talk about music.
(c) To collect a two-year-old debt of two hundred cowries.
(d) To pray with Unkona for life, health, and protection from enemies.
2. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
(a) Going to his mother and his father's wives for help.
(b) Saving his money to buy seeds.
(d) Planting coco-yams.
3. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
(a) Dying of the abomination of swollen stomach and limbs, never to be buried in the earth.
(b) Drowning in his own vomit after too much palm-wine.
(c) Beheading because of his many unpaid debts.
(d) Starvation due to his many failed crops.
4. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) In a hair piece.
(b) On a necklace.
(c) Tattooed on her upper arm.
(d) On an anklet.
5. What drives Okonkwo into a rage on the first day of the festival, leading him to beat his second wife, Ekwefi, and almost kill her with a gun?
(a) He believes his wife killed a banana tree in the compound, even though it is still alive. She also comments on his inability to shoot well.
(b) Okonkwo finds that his second wife has not prepared her children in the traditional fashion of the clan for the festival.
(c) Okonkwo is angry because his second wife has not scrubbed the walls of her hut with red earth, and has neglected the rituals of the people.
(d) She burns the vegetable soup she is preparing for the festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
2. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
3. What is the significance of the beating of drums in the village playground, the ilo, where all the great ceremonies and dances of the village take place?
4. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
5. Why is Okonkwo considered one of the greatest men of his time?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)