|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(b) Ogbuefi Udo
2. How do the women of the clan prepare for the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) They scrub the walls and huts with red earth, draw patterns on them in white, yellow and green, paint themselves with cam wood, and draw black patterns on their stomach and backs.
(b) They gather in the marketplace to share all their clothing, jewelry and sandals with one another. They wear each others belongings to prove to the goddess, Ani, that they are worthy people.
(c) They decorate robes with intricate patterns made of colored beans, plaite each others hair, color their faces with red clay, and make veils to cover their faces during the festival.
(d) They cleanse their bodies, wear a simple robe and sandles, and scrub their faces. They are to go to the festival free of all paint, jewelry, or ornamentation of any kind.
3. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
(a) The wife of Ogbuefi Udo is murdered in Mbaino when she goes to market.
(b) The yam harvest of one of the village celebrities is stolen from his barn.
(c) The powerful medicine woman of Umuofia dies during the night.
(d) The warriors of Mbaino raid one of the villages of Umuofia.
4. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
(a) To find out if their wives are being faithful.
(b) To ask for wealth, prosperity, and many newborn sons.
(c) To ask for a cure for a fatal disease.
(d) When they are followed by misfortune, when they have a dispute with their neighbors, to see their futures, and to talk to the spirits.
5. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
(a) Twelve years
(b) Three years
(c) Two days
(d) Three months
Short Answer Questions
1. Ezinma offers to bring Okonkwo's chair to the wrestling match for him. Why did he refuse his daughter's offer?
2. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
3. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
4. Why is Okonkwo's twelve-year-old son, Nwoye, causing him great anxiety?
5. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)