|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
(a) He asks other people of the village if Okonkwo can be trusted.
(b) He can tell by looking at Okonkwo that he is a hard worker, unlike many young men of the village.
(c) He figures he can charge Okonkwo for the seeds with interest if the crop failed.
(d) He always believs big, strong men are trustworthy.
2. What is the festival that gives thanks to Ani, the earth goddess and source of fertility?
(a) The Yam Harvest Festival
(b) The New Yam Festival
(c) The Mother of the Earth Festival
(d) The Seeds of Life Festival
3. Who is the priestess of Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, in real life?
(a) Noywe's mother
(b) Ekwefi, the second wife of Okonkwo
(c) Chielo, a widow with two children
(d) Anasi, Okonkwo's first wife
4. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
(a) He plays his flute in the village after the harvest.
(b) He has a barn full of yams.
(c) He has no patience with unsuccessful men.
(d) He throws the great wrestler, Amalinze the Cat.
5. Why do the people of Umuofia observe the Week of Peace?
(a) Their forefather's ordained that before they planted any crops, they have to observe a week where it is forbidden to say a harsh word to a neighbor. This honors the god of the earth, so that the crops will grow.
(b) It is a week of happy celebration, dancing, and feasting with everyone in the village. It creates a peaceful, cooperative atmosphere that is supposed to last throughout the year.
(c) It is a time for families to develop bonds of love and understanding, making their relationships strong.
(d) It is a time to set aside differences with families and neighbors, forgiving them for past offenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
2. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
3. During the rainy season, how do the people of the village pass the time?
4. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
5. Why does Okonkwo insult Osugo at a meeting by calling him a woman?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)