|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of Umuofia fear in the night?
(a) Rogue warriors from Mbaino.
(b) Kidnappers looking for children to sell as slaves.
(c) Bandits in search of money and food.
(d) Evil spirits, dangerous animals, and snakes.
2. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) Tattooed on her upper arm.
(b) On a necklace.
(c) On an anklet.
(d) In a hair piece.
3. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
(a) Beheading because of his many unpaid debts.
(b) Drowning in his own vomit after too much palm-wine.
(c) Starvation due to his many failed crops.
(d) Dying of the abomination of swollen stomach and limbs, never to be buried in the earth.
4. Why is Okonkwo's twelve-year-old son, Nwoye, causing him great anxiety?
(a) Nwoye is a wild, unruly boy.
(b) Okonkwo believes his son to be lazy.
(c) Nwoye complains about having to work in the fields from dawn to dusk.
(d) Okonkwo is jealous of his son's growing strength.
5. Why does Okonkwo insult Osugo at a meeting by calling him a woman?
(a) Osugo is talking in a feminine voice.
(b) Osugo is complaining and whining.
(c) Okonkwo calls Osugo a woman because Osugo has no titles and contradicted what Okonkwo had been saying.
(d) Osugo is making womanly hand gestures during the meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does every man and his family do after the Week of Peace?
2. Okonkwo does not fear war. In the last war he fought, he brought home a souvenir which he drank palm-wine out of. What is this souvenir?
3. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
4. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
5. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)