|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Okonkwo insult Osugo at a meeting by calling him a woman?
(a) Osugo is making womanly hand gestures during the meeting.
(b) Osugo is complaining and whining.
(c) Osugo is talking in a feminine voice.
(d) Okonkwo calls Osugo a woman because Osugo has no titles and contradicted what Okonkwo had been saying.
2. What are the women's duties after the yams are planted?
(a) They make bamboo woven hats for the farmers working in the hot sun.
(b) They plant kola nuts between the yams, and weed the yams every day.
(c) They plant maize, melons, and beans between the mounds. They also weeded the farm three times per planting season.
(d) They make meals for the men working in the fields.
3. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
(a) He gives up being a farmer, and begins looking for a new trade.
(b) He cries and sinks into despair.
(c) His heart is broken from the loss of his crop, leaving him depressed and suicidal.
(d) He feels he can survive anything, since he has survived this disastrous year.
4. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) On a necklace.
(b) On an anklet.
(c) In a hair piece.
(d) Tattooed on her upper arm.
5. Why doesn't Okonkwo have any patience with his father?
(a) Unoka is lazy, a debtor, and a failure.
(b) Unkona is overly ambitious and driven to earn the highest titles in the land.
(c) Unkona spoils his wife and children, providing them with too much food and money.
(d) Unkona is a great warrior who is always away at war.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
2. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
3. Why does Okoye need to collect a past debt from Unkona?
4. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
5. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)