|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Okonkwo of Umuofia is the emissary of war to Mbaino. What does Mbaino give him as an offering for the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
(a) The wife of the murderer.
(b) One of Mbaino's most powerful warriors.
(c) A fifteen-year-old boy named Ikemefuna and a young virgin to replace the murdered woman.
(d) A large monetary payment for the people of Umofia.
2. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
(a) Going to his mother and his father's wives for help.
(c) Saving his money to buy seeds.
(d) Planting coco-yams.
3. The punishment for breaking the sacred peace changes through the years. What happened to a man that broke the Week of Peace in the past?
(a) He was tied in the village marketplace and each member of the clan spat on him.
(b) He was hanged in the marketplace for all to see.
(c) He was dragged on the ground through the village until dead.
(d) He was exiled from Umuofia, considered to be dead to all the clan.
4. How does Ikemenfuna feel after three weeks of illness?
(a) He is still bitter and afraid.
(b) He vows revenge on Okonkwo and his family.
(c) He gets better and is no longer afraid or sad to be in Okonkwo's home.
(d) He cries every night after his illness for his mother and sisters.
5. When Okonkwo is angry and cannot speak because of his stutter, how does he get his point across?
(a) Uses hand motions to relay his message.
(b) Uses his fists against the person who angers him.
(c) Takes a deep breath and gets control of himself.
(d) Walks away, returning when he is calmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Okoye need to collect a past debt from Unkona?
2. When is the only time that Unkona is not haggard and mournful?
3. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
4. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
5. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)