|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Okonkwo insult Osugo at a meeting by calling him a woman?
(a) Okonkwo calls Osugo a woman because Osugo has no titles and contradicted what Okonkwo had been saying.
(b) Osugo is complaining and whining.
(c) Osugo is talking in a feminine voice.
(d) Osugo is making womanly hand gestures during the meeting.
2. How does Nwoye's mother treat Ikemenfuna?
(a) She ignores him, resenting that he is someone else's child.
(b) She mistreats him, letting him go for days with nothing to eat.
(c) She is very kind to him and treats him like one of her own children.
(d) She makes him work like a slave.
3. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
(a) The beginning of the season is poor weather for growing yams, but the second planting of the season grows huge yams, sweet and plump.
(b) The worst in memory: late rains and scorching sun kill the yams, then torrential downpours wash the seeds away.
(c) Some good days, and some bad: the yams grow, but not to their potential. Some days were too hot and some rains too severe.
(d) The best growing weather ever: yams flourish with the nightly rains and sunny days.
4. When Okonkwo is angry and cannot speak because of his stutter, how does he get his point across?
(a) Uses hand motions to relay his message.
(b) Walks away, returning when he is calmer.
(c) Takes a deep breath and gets control of himself.
(d) Uses his fists against the person who angers him.
5. What are the things that Okonkwo fears most?
(a) Forces of nature.
(b) Evil and capricious gods.
(c) Failure, weakness, and himself.
(d) The forest and magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
2. Who is Okonkwo's father?
3. What is Okonkwo's punishment for committing a "nso-ani" during the Week of Peace?
4. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
5. How does Unoka react when Okoye asks him to repay the two hundred cowries owed to him?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)