|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the things that Okonkwo fears most?
(a) Forces of nature.
(b) The forest and magic.
(c) Evil and capricious gods.
(d) Failure, weakness, and himself.
2. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
(a) Some good days, and some bad: the yams grow, but not to their potential. Some days were too hot and some rains too severe.
(b) The worst in memory: late rains and scorching sun kill the yams, then torrential downpours wash the seeds away.
(c) The best growing weather ever: yams flourish with the nightly rains and sunny days.
(d) The beginning of the season is poor weather for growing yams, but the second planting of the season grows huge yams, sweet and plump.
3. What is the custom in the village of Obodoani if a man dies during the Week of Peace?
(a) The man is not buried, but cast into the Evil Forest.
(b) The man is burned to ashes, instead of buried.
(c) The man is buried as deep as two graves.
(d) The man is buried outside the village.
4. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
(a) He can tell by looking at Okonkwo that he is a hard worker, unlike many young men of the village.
(b) He figures he can charge Okonkwo for the seeds with interest if the crop failed.
(c) He asks other people of the village if Okonkwo can be trusted.
(d) He always believs big, strong men are trustworthy.
5. Why does Okoye need to collect a past debt from Unkona?
(a) To buy yams for his three wives.
(b) To help pay for the expensive Idemili title ceremony.
(c) To buy a new ogene, the musical instrument Okoye played.
(d) Okoye needs money to help him overcome his failures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
2. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
3. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
4. Why do the people of Umuofia observe the Week of Peace?
5. While talking with Okoye about the war, Unkona changes the subject to which topic?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)