|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(a) Ogbuefi Udo
2. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
(a) When they are followed by misfortune, when they have a dispute with their neighbors, to see their futures, and to talk to the spirits.
(b) To ask for a cure for a fatal disease.
(c) To ask for wealth, prosperity, and many newborn sons.
(d) To find out if their wives are being faithful.
3. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
(a) Coco-yams, beans, cassava
(b) Gourds, bananas, oil bean
(c) Palms, bitter-leaf, foo foo
(d) Yams, kola nuts, greens
4. What does every man and his family do after the Week of Peace?
(a) Cuts bush to make new farms, burns the bush and flies kites over the burning fields.
(b) Has a feast to celebrate with each other.
(c) Plays flutes, dances and sings before planting the crops.
(d) Gathers in the marketplace to visit with neighbors.
5. How does Unoka react when Okoye asks him to repay the two hundred cowries owed to him?
(a) He tells Okoye that he would be paid before anyone else.
(b) He promises to repay the money without delay.
(c) He bursts out laughing.
(d) He offers kola nuts as repayment instead of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the only time that Unkona is not haggard and mournful?
2. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
3. How does Ikemenfuna feel after three weeks of illness?
4. Why is Umuofia feared by all its neighbors?
5. Why does Okoye need to collect a past debt from Unkona?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)