|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
(a) To make sure his barn was always filled with yams.
(b) To obtain more wealth than anyone else in Umuofia.
(c) To hate everything his father loved.
(d) To be affluent in money, wives, and children.
2. Why does Unkona's neighbor, Okoye, visit him?
(a) To talk about music.
(b) To collect a two-year-old debt of two hundred cowries.
(c) To pray with Unkona for life, health, and protection from enemies.
(d) To share kola nuts with Unkona.
3. What does every man and his family do after the Week of Peace?
(a) Plays flutes, dances and sings before planting the crops.
(b) Gathers in the marketplace to visit with neighbors.
(c) Cuts bush to make new farms, burns the bush and flies kites over the burning fields.
(d) Has a feast to celebrate with each other.
4. When is the only time that Unkona is not haggard and mournful?
(a) When drinking and playing his flute.
(b) After paying off his debts.
(c) When providing food for his wife and children.
(d) When fighting for his village against the village of Mbaino.
5. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
(a) Coco-yams, beans, cassava
(b) Palms, bitter-leaf, foo foo
(c) Gourds, bananas, oil bean
(d) Yams, kola nuts, greens
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the custom in the village of Obodoani if a man dies during the Week of Peace?
2. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
3. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
4. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
5. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)