|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the powerful orator that informs the ten thousand men of the emergency facing the nine villages of Umuofia?
(b) Ogbuefi Ezeugo
(d) Ogbuefi Udo
2. How does Nwoye's mother treat Ikemenfuna?
(a) She is very kind to him and treats him like one of her own children.
(b) She mistreats him, letting him go for days with nothing to eat.
(c) She ignores him, resenting that he is someone else's child.
(d) She makes him work like a slave.
3. When is the only time that Unkona is not haggard and mournful?
(a) When fighting for his village against the village of Mbaino.
(b) After paying off his debts.
(c) When drinking and playing his flute.
(d) When providing food for his wife and children.
4. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
(a) Dying of the abomination of swollen stomach and limbs, never to be buried in the earth.
(b) Starvation due to his many failed crops.
(c) Beheading because of his many unpaid debts.
(d) Drowning in his own vomit after too much palm-wine.
5. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
(a) He asks other people of the village if Okonkwo can be trusted.
(b) He always believs big, strong men are trustworthy.
(c) He can tell by looking at Okonkwo that he is a hard worker, unlike many young men of the village.
(d) He figures he can charge Okonkwo for the seeds with interest if the crop failed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
2. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
3. The Ibo people consider conversation to be very important. What form of conversation do they regard the most highly?
4. What is Okonkwo's punishment for committing a "nso-ani" during the Week of Peace?
5. Who is Okonkwo's father?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)