|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
(a) To ask for a cure for a fatal disease.
(b) To ask for wealth, prosperity, and many newborn sons.
(c) When they are followed by misfortune, when they have a dispute with their neighbors, to see their futures, and to talk to the spirits.
(d) To find out if their wives are being faithful.
2. During the rainy season, how do the people of the village pass the time?
(a) In each hut, children sit by their mother's cooking fire and tell stories, or sit with their father, roasting and eating maize.
(b) They spent time in the hut, listening to flute music, weaving baskets, and sleeping.
(c) They spend many hours praying to the gods for a bountiful harvest.
(d) They prepare yam seeds for next year's fields.
3. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
(a) Beheading because of his many unpaid debts.
(b) Starvation due to his many failed crops.
(c) Drowning in his own vomit after too much palm-wine.
(d) Dying of the abomination of swollen stomach and limbs, never to be buried in the earth.
4. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
(a) In the treetops with all the climbing creatures of Umuofia.
(b) Deep underground with the creatures of the soil, beneath the hills and all things that live above the ground.
(c) Through a round hole in the side of the hill leading to a dimly lit cave.
(d) In a large, handsomely endowed compound in the hills filled with the gifts from those asking for a consultation.
5. Why does Okonkwo insult Osugo at a meeting by calling him a woman?
(a) Okonkwo calls Osugo a woman because Osugo has no titles and contradicted what Okonkwo had been saying.
(b) Osugo is complaining and whining.
(c) Osugo is making womanly hand gestures during the meeting.
(d) Osugo is talking in a feminine voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
2. Who is the powerful orator that informs the ten thousand men of the emergency facing the nine villages of Umuofia?
3. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
4. Why is Umuofia feared by all its neighbors?
5. Why does Okoye need to collect a past debt from Unkona?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)