|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people of Umuofia observe the Week of Peace?
(a) It is a time for families to develop bonds of love and understanding, making their relationships strong.
(b) It is a time to set aside differences with families and neighbors, forgiving them for past offenses.
(c) Their forefather's ordained that before they planted any crops, they have to observe a week where it is forbidden to say a harsh word to a neighbor. This honors the god of the earth, so that the crops will grow.
(d) It is a week of happy celebration, dancing, and feasting with everyone in the village. It creates a peaceful, cooperative atmosphere that is supposed to last throughout the year.
2. Why does Unkona change the subject to music when he and Oybe are discussing the impending war with the village of Mbaino?
(a) Unkona wants to stay home to take care of his yam harvest.
(b) Unkona is afraid to think about people of his village being hurt.
(c) Unkona knows he would have to leave his family to fight in the war.
(d) Unkona is a coward and can't stand the sight of blood.
3. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
(a) The beating of drums in the night.
(b) A group of armed warriors.
(c) A choir of people singing the message.
(d) The town crier beating on his hollow, metal ogene.
4. Who is Okonkwo's father?
5. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) In a hair piece.
(b) On an anklet.
(c) On a necklace.
(d) Tattooed on her upper arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
2. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
3. Why does Okoye need to collect a past debt from Unkona?
4. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
5. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)