|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
(a) Starvation due to his many failed crops.
(b) Beheading because of his many unpaid debts.
(c) Dying of the abomination of swollen stomach and limbs, never to be buried in the earth.
(d) Drowning in his own vomit after too much palm-wine.
2. How does Nwoye's mother treat Ikemenfuna?
(a) She ignores him, resenting that he is someone else's child.
(b) She is very kind to him and treats him like one of her own children.
(c) She makes him work like a slave.
(d) She mistreats him, letting him go for days with nothing to eat.
3. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
(a) He throws the great wrestler, Amalinze the Cat.
(b) He has a barn full of yams.
(c) He plays his flute in the village after the harvest.
(d) He has no patience with unsuccessful men.
4. What are the things that Okonkwo fears most?
(a) Failure, weakness, and himself.
(b) Evil and capricious gods.
(c) The forest and magic.
(d) Forces of nature.
5. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
(a) In the treetops with all the climbing creatures of Umuofia.
(b) Deep underground with the creatures of the soil, beneath the hills and all things that live above the ground.
(c) Through a round hole in the side of the hill leading to a dimly lit cave.
(d) In a large, handsomely endowed compound in the hills filled with the gifts from those asking for a consultation.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Ibo people consider conversation to be very important. What form of conversation do they regard the most highly?
2. Who is Okonkwo's father?
3. What is the custom in the village of Obodoani if a man dies during the Week of Peace?
4. Why does Okoye need to collect a past debt from Unkona?
5. Why is Umuofia feared by all its neighbors?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)