|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
(a) Three years
(b) Two days
(c) Twelve years
(d) Three months
2. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
(a) The beginning of the season is poor weather for growing yams, but the second planting of the season grows huge yams, sweet and plump.
(b) The best growing weather ever: yams flourish with the nightly rains and sunny days.
(c) The worst in memory: late rains and scorching sun kill the yams, then torrential downpours wash the seeds away.
(d) Some good days, and some bad: the yams grow, but not to their potential. Some days were too hot and some rains too severe.
3. Okonkwo of Umuofia is the emissary of war to Mbaino. What does Mbaino give him as an offering for the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
(a) The wife of the murderer.
(b) One of Mbaino's most powerful warriors.
(c) A fifteen-year-old boy named Ikemefuna and a young virgin to replace the murdered woman.
(d) A large monetary payment for the people of Umofia.
4. How does Unoka react when Okoye asks him to repay the two hundred cowries owed to him?
(a) He bursts out laughing.
(b) He offers kola nuts as repayment instead of money.
(c) He promises to repay the money without delay.
(d) He tells Okoye that he would be paid before anyone else.
5. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
(a) Palms, bitter-leaf, foo foo
(b) Yams, kola nuts, greens
(c) Coco-yams, beans, cassava
(d) Gourds, bananas, oil bean
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people of Umuofia observe the Week of Peace?
2. What ultimatum is dispatched to Mbaino as a consequence of the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
3. What does every man and his family do after the Week of Peace?
4. How does Ikemenfuna feel after three weeks of illness?
5. Why is Okonkwo considered one of the greatest men of his time?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)