|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Okonkwo does not fear war. In the last war he fought, he brought home a souvenir which he drank palm-wine out of. What is this souvenir?
(a) A colorful, clay pot.
(b) A woven, bamboo basket.
(c) A human head.
(d) A goatskin flask.
2. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
(a) In a large, handsomely endowed compound in the hills filled with the gifts from those asking for a consultation.
(b) Deep underground with the creatures of the soil, beneath the hills and all things that live above the ground.
(c) In the treetops with all the climbing creatures of Umuofia.
(d) Through a round hole in the side of the hill leading to a dimly lit cave.
3. The Ibo people consider conversation to be very important. What form of conversation do they regard the most highly?
4. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
(a) He is thankful that he will never be hungry living with Okonkwo, his three wives, and eight children.
(b) He hopes to learn how to become a great farmer and warrior from Okonkwo.
(c) He is afraid and does not understand the circumstances.
(d) He is pleased to be living with such a powerful, wealthy man.
5. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
(a) When they are followed by misfortune, when they have a dispute with their neighbors, to see their futures, and to talk to the spirits.
(b) To ask for a cure for a fatal disease.
(c) To ask for wealth, prosperity, and many newborn sons.
(d) To find out if their wives are being faithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nwoye's mother treat Ikemenfuna?
2. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
3. Why doesn't Okonkwo have any patience with his father?
4. What is Okonkwo's punishment for committing a "nso-ani" during the Week of Peace?
5. How does Ikemenfuna feel after three weeks of illness?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)