|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Ibo people consider conversation to be very important. What form of conversation do they regard the most highly?
2. While talking with Okoye about the war, Unkona changes the subject to which topic?
(c) Heavy rains
(d) Ancestral feasts
3. Why does Okonkwo insult Osugo at a meeting by calling him a woman?
(a) Osugo is complaining and whining.
(b) Okonkwo calls Osugo a woman because Osugo has no titles and contradicted what Okonkwo had been saying.
(c) Osugo is talking in a feminine voice.
(d) Osugo is making womanly hand gestures during the meeting.
4. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
(a) Twelve years
(b) Two days
(c) Three months
(d) Three years
5. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
(a) The town crier beating on his hollow, metal ogene.
(b) A choir of people singing the message.
(c) The beating of drums in the night.
(d) A group of armed warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
2. Why does Okonkwo beat his second wife, Ojiugo, during the sacred Week of Peace?
3. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
4. Okonkwo of Umuofia is the emissary of war to Mbaino. What does Mbaino give him as an offering for the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
5. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)