|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ikemenfuna feel after three weeks of illness?
(a) He gets better and is no longer afraid or sad to be in Okonkwo's home.
(b) He cries every night after his illness for his mother and sisters.
(c) He is still bitter and afraid.
(d) He vows revenge on Okonkwo and his family.
2. Why is Umuofia feared by all its neighbors?
(a) It is powerful in war and magic and has a strong war medicine called agadi-nwayi.
(b) It never tries to find a peaceful settlement before going to war.
(c) Umuofia goes to war whether the case is clear and just or not.
(d) The medicine woman curses all its enemies.
3. While talking with Okoye about the war, Unkona changes the subject to which topic?
(a) Ancestral feasts
(b) Heavy rains
4. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
(a) A group of armed warriors.
(b) The town crier beating on his hollow, metal ogene.
(c) The beating of drums in the night.
(d) A choir of people singing the message.
5. Why does Unkona change the subject to music when he and Oybe are discussing the impending war with the village of Mbaino?
(a) Unkona knows he would have to leave his family to fight in the war.
(b) Unkona is afraid to think about people of his village being hurt.
(c) Unkona wants to stay home to take care of his yam harvest.
(d) Unkona is a coward and can't stand the sight of blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Okonkwo's punishment for committing a "nso-ani" during the Week of Peace?
2. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
3. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
4. What are the women's duties after the yams are planted?
5. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)