|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Okonkwo's father?
2. How does Nwoye's mother treat Ikemenfuna?
(a) She is very kind to him and treats him like one of her own children.
(b) She mistreats him, letting him go for days with nothing to eat.
(c) She ignores him, resenting that he is someone else's child.
(d) She makes him work like a slave.
3. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
(a) Two days
(b) Three years
(c) Three months
(d) Twelve years
4. During the rainy season, how do the people of the village pass the time?
(a) They spend many hours praying to the gods for a bountiful harvest.
(b) In each hut, children sit by their mother's cooking fire and tell stories, or sit with their father, roasting and eating maize.
(c) They prepare yam seeds for next year's fields.
(d) They spent time in the hut, listening to flute music, weaving baskets, and sleeping.
5. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
(a) In a large, handsomely endowed compound in the hills filled with the gifts from those asking for a consultation.
(b) In the treetops with all the climbing creatures of Umuofia.
(c) Through a round hole in the side of the hill leading to a dimly lit cave.
(d) Deep underground with the creatures of the soil, beneath the hills and all things that live above the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the only time that Unkona is not haggard and mournful?
2. When Okonkwo is angry and cannot speak because of his stutter, how does he get his point across?
3. Why does Okoye need to collect a past debt from Unkona?
4. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
5. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)