|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Okonkwo beat his second wife, Ojiugo, during the sacred Week of Peace?
(a) She cooks a meal that Okonkwo does not like.
(b) She is caught with another man.
(c) She is at a friend's house and does not prepare Okonkwo's afternoon meal.
(d) She disagrees with what Okonkwo has to say.
2. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
(a) The beginning of the season is poor weather for growing yams, but the second planting of the season grows huge yams, sweet and plump.
(b) The worst in memory: late rains and scorching sun kill the yams, then torrential downpours wash the seeds away.
(c) Some good days, and some bad: the yams grow, but not to their potential. Some days were too hot and some rains too severe.
(d) The best growing weather ever: yams flourish with the nightly rains and sunny days.
3. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
(a) A bamboo basket and a goatflask.
(b) Campfire wood, and a pot of soup.
(c) Goat's milk and eggs.
(d) Palm-wine, a cock, kola nut, and alligator pepper.
4. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
(b) Going to his mother and his father's wives for help.
(c) Saving his money to buy seeds.
(d) Planting coco-yams.
5. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
(a) That he angers his ancestors and they plague his land.
(b) That Unoka has offended the gods and that is why his crop fail.
(c) That Unoka sows his yams on exhausted land rather than making the effort to clear new land.
(d) That he should stay home and offer sacrifices to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Umuofia feared by all its neighbors?
2. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
3. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
4. How does Ikemenfuna feel after three weeks of illness?
5. How does Unoka react when Okoye asks him to repay the two hundred cowries owed to him?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)