|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimatum is dispatched to Mbaino as a consequence of the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
(a) Choose between war or the offer of a young man and a virgin from Mbaino.
(b) Delivery to Umuofia a year's worth of the yam harvest as a peace offering.
(c) The sacrificial offering of one of the daughters of Mbaino.
(d) Deliver the head of the murderer to the people of Umuofia.
2. Why is Umuofia feared by all its neighbors?
(a) Umuofia goes to war whether the case is clear and just or not.
(b) It is powerful in war and magic and has a strong war medicine called agadi-nwayi.
(c) The medicine woman curses all its enemies.
(d) It never tries to find a peaceful settlement before going to war.
3. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
(a) To be affluent in money, wives, and children.
(b) To obtain more wealth than anyone else in Umuofia.
(c) To make sure his barn was always filled with yams.
(d) To hate everything his father loved.
4. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
(a) To find out if their wives are being faithful.
(b) To ask for wealth, prosperity, and many newborn sons.
(c) When they are followed by misfortune, when they have a dispute with their neighbors, to see their futures, and to talk to the spirits.
(d) To ask for a cure for a fatal disease.
5. What is the custom in the village of Obodoani if a man dies during the Week of Peace?
(a) The man is burned to ashes, instead of buried.
(b) The man is buried as deep as two graves.
(c) The man is buried outside the village.
(d) The man is not buried, but cast into the Evil Forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. While talking with Okoye about the war, Unkona changes the subject to which topic?
2. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
3. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
4. During the rainy season, how do the people of the village pass the time?
5. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)