|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
(a) Three months
(b) Three years
(c) Two days
(d) Twelve years
2. Why is Umuofia feared by all its neighbors?
(a) Umuofia goes to war whether the case is clear and just or not.
(b) It never tries to find a peaceful settlement before going to war.
(c) It is powerful in war and magic and has a strong war medicine called agadi-nwayi.
(d) The medicine woman curses all its enemies.
3. Why is Okonkwo's twelve-year-old son, Nwoye, causing him great anxiety?
(a) Nwoye is a wild, unruly boy.
(b) Okonkwo believes his son to be lazy.
(c) Nwoye complains about having to work in the fields from dawn to dusk.
(d) Okonkwo is jealous of his son's growing strength.
4. Why does Okonkwo insult Osugo at a meeting by calling him a woman?
(a) Osugo is making womanly hand gestures during the meeting.
(b) Okonkwo calls Osugo a woman because Osugo has no titles and contradicted what Okonkwo had been saying.
(c) Osugo is talking in a feminine voice.
(d) Osugo is complaining and whining.
5. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
(a) He can tell by looking at Okonkwo that he is a hard worker, unlike many young men of the village.
(b) He asks other people of the village if Okonkwo can be trusted.
(c) He figures he can charge Okonkwo for the seeds with interest if the crop failed.
(d) He always believs big, strong men are trustworthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Okonkwo considered one of the greatest men of his time?
2. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
3. How does Ikemenfuna feel after three weeks of illness?
4. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
5. What is Okonkwo's punishment for committing a "nso-ani" during the Week of Peace?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)