|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the custom in the village of Obodoani if a man dies during the Week of Peace?
(a) The man is burned to ashes, instead of buried.
(b) The man is buried as deep as two graves.
(c) The man is not buried, but cast into the Evil Forest.
(d) The man is buried outside the village.
2. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) On an anklet.
(b) On a necklace.
(c) Tattooed on her upper arm.
(d) In a hair piece.
3. How does eighteen-year-old, Okonkwo, bring honor to his village?
(a) He has no patience with unsuccessful men.
(b) He has a barn full of yams.
(c) He plays his flute in the village after the harvest.
(d) He throws the great wrestler, Amalinze the Cat.
4. What is Okonkwo's punishment for committing a "nso-ani" during the Week of Peace?
(a) Go to the shrine of Ani, fast for three days, and beg forgiveness for breaking the sacred peace.
(b) Bring a bamboo basket of yams, a flask of palm-wine and a hen to the shrine of Ani.
(c) Go to the shrine of Ani and confess his disrespectful behavior to the gods of the clan, remaining on his knees throughout a day and night.
(d) Bring a she-goat, one hen, a length of cloth, and a hundred cowries to the shrine of Ani.
5. How long is Ikemenfuna in Okonkwo's care?
(a) Three years
(b) Twelve years
(c) Two days
(d) Three months
Short Answer Questions
1. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
2. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
3. Why do the people of Umuofia observe the Week of Peace?
4. Why does Okonkwo insult Osugo at a meeting by calling him a woman?
5. Why doesn't Okonkwo have any patience with his father?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)