|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name all children of the clan except Ezinma call their mothers?
2. How does Mr. Brown encourage the people to attend school?
(a) With singlets and towels
(b) With kola nuts and palm-wine
(c) With a she-goat and hen
(d) With singlets and towels
3. Where does Chielo bring Ezinma?
(a) Deep into the forest
(b) To where dead children are buried
(c) To the yam fields
(d) To the village of Umuachi, then turns around and continues back to the hills of Agbala
4. What does Obierika bring for Okonkwo two years after Okonkwo had been exiled?
(a) Yam seeds
(b) Woven baskets of yams
(c) Bags full of cowries
(d) Kola nuts and palm-wine
5. What does the ekwe, a hollowed out wooden instrument and the blast of the cannon signify to the nine villages of Umuofia?
(a) The birth of a child
(b) The death of a man
(c) The beginning of war
(d) The beginning of a festival
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
2. What is the custom in the village of Obodoani if a man dies during the Week of Peace?
3. What news does Obierika bring to Okonkwo and Uchendu about the Abame clan?
4. What descends on the land of Okonkwo, darkens the sky, settles on the rooftops, and breaks mighty tree branches under them?
5. When Aneto kills Oduche over a land dispute, what does the white man's government decide?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)