Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Okonkwo is sitting in his obi with Ikemefuna and Nwoye, eating dried locusts when Ogbuefi Ezeudu comes with a message. What is the message?
(a) Umuofia decides to kill Ikemefuna. The Oracle of the Hills pronounces it. Okonkwo is not to take part in the killing because the boy calls him father.
(b) Nwoye and Ikemefuna are to be declared by Umuofia as brothers for life.
(c) Ikemefuna is to be given all the rights of an adopted son to Okonkwo.
(d) Ikemefuna is to remain in Okonkwo's household as a servant for the rest of his life.
2. What is the other thing that the white man brought to Umuofia besides religion?
(a) Wives for the clan
3. Nine out of ten of Ekwefi's children die in infancy. After the second death, Okonkwo goes to the medicine man to find out why this is happening. What explanation does the diviner give?
(a) Ekwefi is weak and should not become pregnant again.
(b) Ekwefi should just keep trying, and sooner or later a child would survive.
(c) Ekwefi did not eat vegetable soup throughout her pregnancies.
(d) The child is an agbanje, a wicked child that enters the mother's womb to be born again.
4. What does the priestess do when she brings Ezinma out of Agbala's cave?
(a) She comes out of the cave and tells Okonkwo and Ekwefi that Agbala wants them to leave, or Ezinma will be sacrificed.
(b) She doesn't say a word to Okonkwo or Ekwefi, but carries Ezinma back to Okonkwo's compound and places Ezinma in bed.
(c) She comes out of the cave, giving Okonkwo and Ekwefi a lock of Ezinma's hair. She tells them to bury it in the yam field.
(d) She comes out of the cave alone, telling Okonkwo and Ekwefi that Ezinma has to remain in the cave for two days and nights.
5. What does the law state in Umuofia if a woman runs away from her husband?
(a) She must be left in the forest to die.
(b) She is to be killed and left unburied for the vultures and wild animals.
(c) Her bride-price must be returned to the husband.
(d) Her husband is allowed to go get her, dragging her back home by the hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
2. How does Nwoye's mother treat Ikemenfuna?
3. Why do all the women abandon preparing the food for the uri and rush off to the Obierika's crop field?
4. What is the significance of the beating of drums in the village playground, the ilo, where all the great ceremonies and dances of the village take place?
5. What do the people of Mbanta expect to happen to the missionaries when they start building their church?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)