Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
(a) The elders, grandees, a few early comers in the stands, and the drummers.
(b) Pregnant women.
(c) Women and children.
(d) The wrestlers waiting for their matches.
2. What does the Abame clan do to the first white man that comes to their village?
(a) They rub his body with palm oil and adorn him with beads, thinking he is a god.
(b) They offer vegetable soup and palm-wine to him.
(c) They touch his white skin because they have never seen anything like it before.
(d) They kill him and tie his iron horse to the sacred silk-cotton tree.
3. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
(a) Ogbuefi Ezendu
4. Who are the two groups of people who stand facing the elders at the ceremonial trial?
(a) One group is the three oldest men from the village. The other group is their sons.
(b) One group is Mgbafo and her three brothers. The other group is her husband, Uzowulu, and his relatives.
(c) One group is wrestlers from the nine villages, and the other group is judges.
(d) One group is the twelve-year-old boys from the village. The other group is their fathers.
5. Obierika's daughter, Akueke, is sixteen, just the right age for marrying. How does her suitor and his relatives determine if she is ripe for marriage?
(a) They study her body, which is decorated and painted in the traditional way: cam oil, black patterns on the skin, black necklace, red and yellow bangles, and waist beads.
(b) They feel how silky her hair is, and pinch her upper arms for plumpness.
(c) They have her stand before them and recite a marriage poem while dressed in flowing robes.
(d) They observe how much she eats of the food that is set out before her, and how delicately she chews her food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Okonkwo's twelve-year-old son, Nwoye, causing him great anxiety?
2. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
3. What does the law state in Umuofia if a woman runs away from her husband?
4. How do the women of the clan prepare for the Feast of the New Yam?
5. What question does Njide, the eldest sister of Uchendu, ask of her brother's bride during the isa-ife?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)