Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
(a) Goat's milk and eggs.
(b) Palm-wine, a cock, kola nut, and alligator pepper.
(c) A bamboo basket and a goatflask.
(d) Campfire wood, and a pot of soup.
2. Nwoye's mother calls Ezinma "Ezigbo" when she brings the fire to Nwoye's mother's hut. What does "Ezigbo" mean?
(a) Good girl
(b) Good work
(c) The good one
(d) Helpful child
3. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
(a) Some good days, and some bad: the yams grow, but not to their potential. Some days were too hot and some rains too severe.
(b) The worst in memory: late rains and scorching sun kill the yams, then torrential downpours wash the seeds away.
(c) The beginning of the season is poor weather for growing yams, but the second planting of the season grows huge yams, sweet and plump.
(d) The best growing weather ever: yams flourish with the nightly rains and sunny days.
4. Why does Okonkwo beat his second wife, Ojiugo, during the sacred Week of Peace?
(a) She is caught with another man.
(b) She cooks a meal that Okonkwo does not like.
(c) She disagrees with what Okonkwo has to say.
(d) She is at a friend's house and does not prepare Okonkwo's afternoon meal.
5. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
(a) He feels he can survive anything, since he has survived this disastrous year.
(b) He gives up being a farmer, and begins looking for a new trade.
(c) He cries and sinks into despair.
(d) His heart is broken from the loss of his crop, leaving him depressed and suicidal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Okonkwo considered one of the greatest men of his time?
2. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
3. What is Okonkwo's punishment for committing a "nso-ani" during the Week of Peace?
4. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
5. What drives Okonkwo into a rage on the first day of the festival, leading him to beat his second wife, Ekwefi, and almost kill her with a gun?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)