Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
(a) To obtain more wealth than anyone else in Umuofia.
(b) To be affluent in money, wives, and children.
(c) To hate everything his father loved.
(d) To make sure his barn was always filled with yams.
2. Why does Okonkwo beat his second wife, Ojiugo, during the sacred Week of Peace?
(a) She is at a friend's house and does not prepare Okonkwo's afternoon meal.
(b) She disagrees with what Okonkwo has to say.
(c) She cooks a meal that Okonkwo does not like.
(d) She is caught with another man.
3. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
(a) He is afraid and does not understand the circumstances.
(b) He is pleased to be living with such a powerful, wealthy man.
(c) He hopes to learn how to become a great farmer and warrior from Okonkwo.
(d) He is thankful that he will never be hungry living with Okonkwo, his three wives, and eight children.
4. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(c) Ogbuefi Udo
5. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
(a) When they are followed by misfortune, when they have a dispute with their neighbors, to see their futures, and to talk to the spirits.
(b) To find out if their wives are being faithful.
(c) To ask for a cure for a fatal disease.
(d) To ask for wealth, prosperity, and many newborn sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Okoye need to collect a past debt from Unkona?
2. Why is Okonkwo considered one of the greatest men of his time?
3. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
4. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
5. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)