|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Umuofia the next time Obierika comes to visit Okonkwo, two years later?
(a) The entire village coverts to the white man's religion.
(b) The white men wipe out another clan of Umuofia.
(c) The missionaries come, building a church and send evangalists to other towns and villages.
(d) More white men come, and the clan kills them.
2. Who is the white missionary that makes friends with great men of the clan and is presented with a carved elephant tusk?
(a) Mr. Smith
(b) Mr. Kiaga
(c) Mr. Brown
(d) Mr. Penn
3. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
(a) That Unoka has offended the gods and that is why his crop fail.
(b) That he should stay home and offer sacrifices to the gods.
(c) That he angers his ancestors and they plague his land.
(d) That Unoka sows his yams on exhausted land rather than making the effort to clear new land.
4. What is Okonkwo afraid will happen to his male children after he dies?
(a) They will be killed by neighboring enemies.
(b) They will never go back to their homeland again.
(c) They will follow in Nwoye's footsteps and abandon the gods of their ancestors.
(d) They will forget the lessons Okonkwo taught them.
5. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
(a) Roasted locusts and small wild birds
(b) Yams wrapped in palm leaves and roasted with palm oil
(c) Three goats, fowls, foo-foo, yam pottage, egusi soup, bitter-leaf soup, palm-wine and kola nuts
(d) Fish from the stream, and roasted locusts
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Okonkwo bring back from the bush while Ezinma lays sick in Ekwefi's hut?
2. What do the people of Mbanta expect to happen to the missionaries when they start building their church?
3. What does Nwoye do after his father, Okonkwo, beats him for being with the missionaries?
4. What is the name of the god that the people of Umuofia believe is the creator of the all the world and the other gods?
5. Okonkwo of Umuofia is the emissary of war to Mbaino. What does Mbaino give him as an offering for the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)