|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first day of the new year is celebrated with feasting and fellowship. What takes place on the second day of the new year?
(a) A play enacting the planting of yams put on by the children of all the villages in Umuofia.
(b) A gathering in the marketplace for the preparation of the new yams for planting.
(c) The great wrestling match between Okonkwo's village and their neighbors.
(d) The gathering of all the village musicians for singing and dancing.
2. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) Tattooed on her upper arm.
(b) On a necklace.
(c) On an anklet.
(d) In a hair piece.
3. What is the name all children of the clan except Ezinma call their mothers?
4. Okonkwo is sitting in his obi with Ikemefuna and Nwoye, eating dried locusts when Ogbuefi Ezeudu comes with a message. What is the message?
(a) Ikemefuna is to be given all the rights of an adopted son to Okonkwo.
(b) Umuofia decides to kill Ikemefuna. The Oracle of the Hills pronounces it. Okonkwo is not to take part in the killing because the boy calls him father.
(c) Ikemefuna is to remain in Okonkwo's household as a servant for the rest of his life.
(d) Nwoye and Ikemefuna are to be declared by Umuofia as brothers for life.
5. What does the law state in Umuofia if a woman runs away from her husband?
(a) Her husband is allowed to go get her, dragging her back home by the hair.
(b) Her bride-price must be returned to the husband.
(c) She must be left in the forest to die.
(d) She is to be killed and left unburied for the vultures and wild animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
2. Nine out of ten of Ekwefi's children die in infancy. After the second death, Okonkwo goes to the medicine man to find out why this is happening. What explanation does the diviner give?
3. What are the things that Okonkwo fears most?
4. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
5. What is the name of the first woman to join the Christian missionaries?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)