|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do men and women look forward to the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) It is a feast of yam stew made from all the leftover yams of the past harvest, which is divided among all the people.
(b) It is a festival of dancing around the new yams of the season and eating the rest of the old yams for the previous year.
(c) The men and women cook and feed each other the yams from the previous harvest so that no food will be wasted.
(d) It is the beginning of the season of plenty--the new year. It begins with huge quantities of fresh yams, yam foo foo and vegetable soup.
2. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
3. How does Ezinma, the daughter of Okonkwo's second wife, bring fire to Nwoye's mother's hut?
(a) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, makes a torch of banana leaves and palm oil, and gives it to Ezinma to carry to Nwoye's mother.
(b) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, gives Ezinma a clay pot with burning leaves inside to carry to Nwoye's mother's hut.
(c) Ezinma carries a flaming stick across the compound to Nwoye's mother's hut.
(d) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, puts live coals into a piece of broken pot and Ezinma carries it to Nwoye's mother.
4. How many missionaries go to Mbanta?
(a) Six and one of them is white
(b) Three black missionaries
(c) Three white missionaries
(d) Two white missionaries
5. Ezinma tells her mother, Ekwefi, that her upper eyelid is twitching. What does Ekwefi tell Ezinma the significance of the twitch is?
(a) It means Ezinma will see something.
(b) It means Ezinma is going to cry.
(c) It means Ezinma will have many children.
(d) It means the rains will come early this year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priestess do when she brings Ezinma out of Agbala's cave?
2. Ekwefi awakes Okonkwo early in the morning pounding on his door. What is she anxious to tell him?
3. How do the women of the clan prepare for the Feast of the New Yam?
4. What are the traditional events when night falls and it is time to end Obierika's daughter's uri?
5. Where does Okonkwo bring his family after being banished from his village?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)