|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
(a) He is afraid and does not understand the circumstances.
(b) He is thankful that he will never be hungry living with Okonkwo, his three wives, and eight children.
(c) He hopes to learn how to become a great farmer and warrior from Okonkwo.
(d) He is pleased to be living with such a powerful, wealthy man.
2. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
3. How are the children of the village prepared for the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) Their entire bodies are painted with cam wood and no clothing is worn to the festival.
(b) Their heads are shaved in beautiful patterns.
(c) Their bodies are rubbed with palm oil, and their hair is decorated with kola nut shells.
(d) They are washed in the riverbed three times the day before the festival, and then dressed in simple robes.
4. Okonkwo's friend, Obierika, is celebrating his daughter's uri. Why does this day put the entire neighborhood into a festive air?
(a) It is the day when his daughter's suitor brings palm-wine to her parents and her entire group of kinsmen, umunna. Everyone is invited, but the central figures are the bride and her mother.
(b) It is the day his daughter's suitor will pay the bride-price and everyone will celebrate.
(c) It is the day his daughtor's suitor brings the whole neighborhood to see the hut where he and his bride will be living.
(d) It is the day his daughter will practice for the wedding ceremony, followed by a celebration.
5. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
(a) He is going to distribute all his yam seeds to the people.
(b) He is going to leave behind one of his wives to work for the rulers and elders.
(c) He is going to have a great feast.
(d) He is going to give the elders a bag of cowries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
2. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
3. What is the first trial's dispute set before Evil Forest and the egwugwu?
4. What ultimatum is dispatched to Mbaino as a consequence of the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
5. What is Nwoye's name changed to after he joins the Christians?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)