|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
2. Why do men and women look forward to the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) It is a festival of dancing around the new yams of the season and eating the rest of the old yams for the previous year.
(b) The men and women cook and feed each other the yams from the previous harvest so that no food will be wasted.
(c) It is the beginning of the season of plenty--the new year. It begins with huge quantities of fresh yams, yam foo foo and vegetable soup.
(d) It is a feast of yam stew made from all the leftover yams of the past harvest, which is divided among all the people.
3. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
4. Ezinma tells her mother, Ekwefi, that her upper eyelid is twitching. What does Ekwefi tell Ezinma the significance of the twitch is?
(a) It means Ezinma will have many children.
(b) It means Ezinma is going to cry.
(c) It means Ezinma will see something.
(d) It means the rains will come early this year.
5. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
(a) Fish from the stream, and roasted locusts
(b) Yams wrapped in palm leaves and roasted with palm oil
(c) Three goats, fowls, foo-foo, yam pottage, egusi soup, bitter-leaf soup, palm-wine and kola nuts
(d) Roasted locusts and small wild birds
Short Answer Questions
1. Okonkwo is sitting in his obi with Ikemefuna and Nwoye, eating dried locusts when Ogbuefi Ezeudu comes with a message. What is the message?
2. What do the people of Mbanta expect to happen to the missionaries when they start building their church?
3. What do the missionaries tell the Mbanta people about their gods?
4. What is the first thing Okonkwo plans to do when he returns to his clan?
5. What question does Njide, the eldest sister of Uchendu, ask of her brother's bride during the isa-ife?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)