|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women of the clan prepare for the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) They cleanse their bodies, wear a simple robe and sandles, and scrub their faces. They are to go to the festival free of all paint, jewelry, or ornamentation of any kind.
(b) They scrub the walls and huts with red earth, draw patterns on them in white, yellow and green, paint themselves with cam wood, and draw black patterns on their stomach and backs.
(c) They gather in the marketplace to share all their clothing, jewelry and sandals with one another. They wear each others belongings to prove to the goddess, Ani, that they are worthy people.
(d) They decorate robes with intricate patterns made of colored beans, plaite each others hair, color their faces with red clay, and make veils to cover their faces during the festival.
2. What happens in Umuofia the next time Obierika comes to visit Okonkwo, two years later?
(a) The entire village coverts to the white man's religion.
(b) The white men wipe out another clan of Umuofia.
(c) More white men come, and the clan kills them.
(d) The missionaries come, building a church and send evangalists to other towns and villages.
3. What does Uchendu, the younger brother of Okonkwo's mother, give to Okonkwo after he comes looking for refuge?
(a) A gun to protect him and his family during their exile
(b) A plot of ground, and two or three pieces of land
(c) Advice on living in the forest
(d) A basket of yams and palm-wine for his travels
4. Who is captivated by the message of the missionaries?
5. What does Okonkwo bring back from the bush while Ezinma lays sick in Ekwefi's hut?
(a) Three small birds to offer as sacrifice to the gods, so Ezinma will get well.
(b) Soil from the bush to mix with water and form into mud which can be rubbed on Ezinma's body to bring down the fever.
(c) A bundle of medicinal plants, grasses, leaves, roots and barks.
(d) Bananas to mix with palm oil, forming a paste which Ezinma can eat easily. This will help keep up her strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first day of the new year is celebrated with feasting and fellowship. What takes place on the second day of the new year?
2. What do the people of Mbanta expect to happen to the missionaries when they start building their church?
3. As the drums sound and the flutes blast, what appears out of the egwugwu house?
4. What is the nickname of kotma, the court messengers who guard the prison which holds people who break the white man's law?
5. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)