|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname of kotma, the court messengers who guard the prison which holds people who break the white man's law?
(a) Slime of the earth
(b) Dead locusts
(c) Betrayers of the people
2. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
(a) To show off the wealth of food
(b) To gather under the moonlight
(c) To save kinsman from starving
(d) Because it is good for kinsman to do so
3. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
4. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
(a) Yams wrapped in palm leaves and roasted with palm oil
(b) Three goats, fowls, foo-foo, yam pottage, egusi soup, bitter-leaf soup, palm-wine and kola nuts
(c) Roasted locusts and small wild birds
(d) Fish from the stream, and roasted locusts
5. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
(a) He wants Nwoye to be prosperous, that he will have enough to feed the ancestors with regular sacrifices, and he will be able to rule his women and children.
(b) He wants Nwoye to be a great warrior with many heroic victories to his name.
(c) He wants Nwoye to be a talented musician, performing at all the festivals in the nine villages.
(d) He hopes Nwoye would be a fair, just, and wise father and husband, showing kindness and love to his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
2. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
3. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
4. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
5. As the drums sound and the flutes blast, what appears out of the egwugwu house?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)