|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nine out of ten of Ekwefi's children die in infancy. After the second death, Okonkwo goes to the medicine man to find out why this is happening. What explanation does the diviner give?
(a) Ekwefi should just keep trying, and sooner or later a child would survive.
(b) Ekwefi did not eat vegetable soup throughout her pregnancies.
(c) The child is an agbanje, a wicked child that enters the mother's womb to be born again.
(d) Ekwefi is weak and should not become pregnant again.
2. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
(a) Yams, kola nuts, greens
(b) Coco-yams, beans, cassava
(c) Gourds, bananas, oil bean
(d) Palms, bitter-leaf, foo foo
3. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) In a hair piece.
(b) On an anklet.
(c) On a necklace.
(d) Tattooed on her upper arm.
4. What do the people of Umuofia fear in the night?
(a) Bandits in search of money and food.
(b) Evil spirits, dangerous animals, and snakes.
(c) Kidnappers looking for children to sell as slaves.
(d) Rogue warriors from Mbaino.
5. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
(a) He wants Nwoye to be a talented musician, performing at all the festivals in the nine villages.
(b) He hopes Nwoye would be a fair, just, and wise father and husband, showing kindness and love to his family.
(c) He wants Nwoye to be a great warrior with many heroic victories to his name.
(d) He wants Nwoye to be prosperous, that he will have enough to feed the ancestors with regular sacrifices, and he will be able to rule his women and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uchendu tell Okonkw his duty was?
2. What does Nwoye do after his father, Okonkwo, beats him for being with the missionaries?
3. What is the tragedy that takes place during the final burial rites for Ezeudu while the cannon is shot and guns fired?
4. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
5. What are the things that Okonkwo fears most?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)