|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
(d) Ogbuefi Ezendu
2. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
(a) To hate everything his father loved.
(b) To obtain more wealth than anyone else in Umuofia.
(c) To be affluent in money, wives, and children.
(d) To make sure his barn was always filled with yams.
3. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) On a necklace.
(b) In a hair piece.
(c) On an anklet.
(d) Tattooed on her upper arm.
4. Who is captivated by the message of the missionaries?
5. What does Uchendu tell Okonkw his duty was?
(a) Comfort his wives and children and take them back to his fatherland after seven years.
(b) Forget about his past, and denounce his homeland.
(c) Never return to his homeland, but build his future in Mbanta.
(d) To go back to his clan and beg to be forgiven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the elders fear for the young people of the village?
2. Obiageli, Nwoye's sister, comes home crying because her water pot is broken. How did her waterpot break?
3. As the drums sound and the flutes blast, what appears out of the egwugwu house?
4. How does Mr. Brown encourage the people to attend school?
5. Who is called the Crystal of Beauty in Mbanta, growing into a healthy, buoyant young woman?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)