|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of Mbanta expect to happen to the missionaries when they start building their church?
(a) They expect all the missionaries to die within four days.
(b) They think many of the clan will convert to the new religion.
(c) They expect all the people of Mbanta to help build the church.
(d) They expect all the missionaries to get sick.
2. What is Nwoye's name changed to after he joins the Christians?
3. What does Uchendu, the younger brother of Okonkwo's mother, give to Okonkwo after he comes looking for refuge?
(a) A plot of ground, and two or three pieces of land
(b) Advice on living in the forest
(c) A basket of yams and palm-wine for his travels
(d) A gun to protect him and his family during their exile
4. Why do the elders fear for the young people of the village?
(a) They are poor farmers.
(b) They follow the old ways instead of the new religion.
(c) They are unwilling to hunt.
(d) They do not understand the bond of kinship.
5. What does Okonkwo mourn when he returns to his clan?
(a) The clan is breaking up and falling apart.
(b) The clan is poor.
(c) The clan is too aggressive and angry.
(d) The clan is malnourished and weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
2. What is the name all children of the clan except Ezinma call their mothers?
3. What does Mr. Brown build in Umuofia?
4. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
5. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)