|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
(a) Going to his mother and his father's wives for help.
(c) Saving his money to buy seeds.
(d) Planting coco-yams.
2. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
(a) The yam harvest of one of the village celebrities is stolen from his barn.
(b) The warriors of Mbaino raid one of the villages of Umuofia.
(c) The wife of Ogbuefi Udo is murdered in Mbaino when she goes to market.
(d) The powerful medicine woman of Umuofia dies during the night.
3. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
(a) They are drowned.
(b) They are revered as sacred above all other infants.
(c) They are placed in earthenware pots and thrown away in the forest.
(d) They are considered good luck and raised by the priestess of the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves.
4. What does Mr. Brown build in Umuofia?
(a) A playground
(b) A school and a small hospital
(c) A mansion for himself
(d) A town hall
5. What descends on the land of Okonkwo, darkens the sky, settles on the rooftops, and breaks mighty tree branches under them?
(a) The spirits of the clans ancestors
(b) The arrows of neighboring enemies
(c) A swarm of locusts
(d) A flock of vultures
Short Answer Questions
1. Ekwefi awakes Okonkwo early in the morning pounding on his door. What is she anxious to tell him?
2. What do the missionaries tell the Mbanta people about their gods?
3. Who are the two groups of people who stand facing the elders at the ceremonial trial?
4. Who is captivated by the message of the missionaries?
5. How does Ekwefi make the medicine she hopes would cure Ezinma?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)