|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ezinma, the daughter of Okonkwo's second wife, bring fire to Nwoye's mother's hut?
(a) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, gives Ezinma a clay pot with burning leaves inside to carry to Nwoye's mother's hut.
(b) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, makes a torch of banana leaves and palm oil, and gives it to Ezinma to carry to Nwoye's mother.
(c) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, puts live coals into a piece of broken pot and Ezinma carries it to Nwoye's mother.
(d) Ezinma carries a flaming stick across the compound to Nwoye's mother's hut.
2. What is Okonkwo afraid will happen to his male children after he dies?
(a) They will be killed by neighboring enemies.
(b) They will follow in Nwoye's footsteps and abandon the gods of their ancestors.
(c) They will never go back to their homeland again.
(d) They will forget the lessons Okonkwo taught them.
3. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
(a) Five men on each side
(b) Nine men on each side
(c) Six men on each side
(d) Twelve men on each side
4. Why do all the women abandon preparing the food for the uri and rush off to the Obierika's crop field?
(a) A neighbor's child went to the field and started picking the crops.
(b) The locusts landed on the crops and have to be brushed off the leaves.
(c) There is a cow loose in the field eating the crops and the women have to catch it.
(d) A fire broke out in the field and the women have to stomp it out.
5. What is the tragedy that takes place during the final burial rites for Ezeudu while the cannon is shot and guns fired?
(a) Another elder of the clan dies in all the excitement.
(b) Ezeudu's wife stabs herself.
(c) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is shot in the arm.
(d) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is killed when Okonkwo's gun explodes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname of kotma, the court messengers who guard the prison which holds people who break the white man's law?
2. Who is captivated by the message of the missionaries?
3. What drives Okonkwo into a rage on the first day of the festival, leading him to beat his second wife, Ekwefi, and almost kill her with a gun?
4. What happens in Umuofia the next time Obierika comes to visit Okonkwo, two years later?
5. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)