|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ekwefi make the medicine she hopes would cure Ezinma?
(a) She mixes palm-wine and red clay into a medicinal mud and rubs it on Ezinma's face and chest.
(b) She boiled a hen, added yams and nuts to make a medicinal broth for Ezinma to drink.
(c) She puts a pot on the fire, adding medicinal plants, grasses, leaves, roots and barks. She brought them to a boil being careful that it didn't boil over and lose its power.
(d) She grounds kola nuts and bananas together, forming a paste to put on Ezinma's tongue.
2. What is the name of the first woman to join the Christian missionaries?
(c) Nwoye's mother
3. Why do the elders fear for the young people of the village?
(a) They do not understand the bond of kinship.
(b) They are poor farmers.
(c) They are unwilling to hunt.
(d) They follow the old ways instead of the new religion.
4. What does the priestess do when she brings Ezinma out of Agbala's cave?
(a) She comes out of the cave, giving Okonkwo and Ekwefi a lock of Ezinma's hair. She tells them to bury it in the yam field.
(b) She doesn't say a word to Okonkwo or Ekwefi, but carries Ezinma back to Okonkwo's compound and places Ezinma in bed.
(c) She comes out of the cave alone, telling Okonkwo and Ekwefi that Ezinma has to remain in the cave for two days and nights.
(d) She comes out of the cave and tells Okonkwo and Ekwefi that Agbala wants them to leave, or Ezinma will be sacrificed.
5. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
(b) Going to his mother and his father's wives for help.
(c) Saving his money to buy seeds.
(d) Planting coco-yams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the white missionary that makes friends with great men of the clan and is presented with a carved elephant tusk?
2. Ezinma tells her mother, Ekwefi, that her upper eyelid is twitching. What does Ekwefi tell Ezinma the significance of the twitch is?
3. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
4. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
5. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)