|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is captivated by the message of the missionaries?
2. Every man learns the language of the ekwe. How does the wooden instrument let the people know exactly who has died?
(a) First it announces the name of the clan, then it names the village, and finally it names the man.
(b) It announces the name of the man over and over again.
(c) It spells out the letters in the name.
(d) It only announces the name of the village.
3. Ezinma tells her mother, Ekwefi, that her upper eyelid is twitching. What does Ekwefi tell Ezinma the significance of the twitch is?
(a) It means Ezinma will see something.
(b) It means Ezinma is going to cry.
(c) It means the rains will come early this year.
(d) It means Ezinma will have many children.
4. Why is Umuofia feared by all its neighbors?
(a) Umuofia goes to war whether the case is clear and just or not.
(b) It never tries to find a peaceful settlement before going to war.
(c) It is powerful in war and magic and has a strong war medicine called agadi-nwayi.
(d) The medicine woman curses all its enemies.
5. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
(a) He can tell by looking at Okonkwo that he is a hard worker, unlike many young men of the village.
(b) He always believs big, strong men are trustworthy.
(c) He asks other people of the village if Okonkwo can be trusted.
(d) He figures he can charge Okonkwo for the seeds with interest if the crop failed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tragedy that takes place during the final burial rites for Ezeudu while the cannon is shot and guns fired?
2. What is the name of the first woman to join the Christian missionaries?
3. What is the final ceremony, Amikwu, Uchendu's youngest son, has to perform before getting married?
4. Nwoye's mother calls Ezinma "Ezigbo" when she brings the fire to Nwoye's mother's hut. What does "Ezigbo" mean?
5. What is the nickname of kotma, the court messengers who guard the prison which holds people who break the white man's law?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)