|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ekwefi awakes Okonkwo early in the morning pounding on his door. What is she anxious to tell him?
(a) All the men of the village are to meet in the marketplace immediately.
(b) Their daughter, Ezinma is sick and dying.
(c) Nwoye's mother is sick and calling for him.
(d) The yam fields are on fire.
2. What does Okonkwo bring back from the bush while Ezinma lays sick in Ekwefi's hut?
(a) Three small birds to offer as sacrifice to the gods, so Ezinma will get well.
(b) Soil from the bush to mix with water and form into mud which can be rubbed on Ezinma's body to bring down the fever.
(c) A bundle of medicinal plants, grasses, leaves, roots and barks.
(d) Bananas to mix with palm oil, forming a paste which Ezinma can eat easily. This will help keep up her strength.
3. How does Ezinma, the daughter of Okonkwo's second wife, bring fire to Nwoye's mother's hut?
(a) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, puts live coals into a piece of broken pot and Ezinma carries it to Nwoye's mother.
(b) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, makes a torch of banana leaves and palm oil, and gives it to Ezinma to carry to Nwoye's mother.
(c) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, gives Ezinma a clay pot with burning leaves inside to carry to Nwoye's mother's hut.
(d) Ezinma carries a flaming stick across the compound to Nwoye's mother's hut.
4. What does Okonkwo mourn when he returns to his clan?
(a) The clan is poor.
(b) The clan is malnourished and weak.
(c) The clan is breaking up and falling apart.
(d) The clan is too aggressive and angry.
5. What does Okonkwo hope his sons will be initiated into when his family returns from exile?
(a) The Nidichi
(b) Sacred Yam Seed society
(c) The Sacred Python society
(d) Ozo society
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
2. What drives Okonkwo into a rage on the first day of the festival, leading him to beat his second wife, Ekwefi, and almost kill her with a gun?
3. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
4. Ezinma offers to bring Okonkwo's chair to the wrestling match for him. Why did he refuse his daughter's offer?
5. Obiageli, Nwoye's sister, comes home crying because her water pot is broken. How did her waterpot break?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)