|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the things that Okonkwo fears most?
(a) Forces of nature.
(b) Evil and capricious gods.
(c) The forest and magic.
(d) Failure, weakness, and himself.
2. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
(a) In a large, handsomely endowed compound in the hills filled with the gifts from those asking for a consultation.
(b) Through a round hole in the side of the hill leading to a dimly lit cave.
(c) Deep underground with the creatures of the soil, beneath the hills and all things that live above the ground.
(d) In the treetops with all the climbing creatures of Umuofia.
3. What are the traditional events when night falls and it is time to end Obierika's daughter's uri?
(a) The elders sit in a circle while singers sing each man's praise. Then the guest's rise to go and the bride is to leave with them for seven weeks.
(b) The singers sing a song of praise to Obierika for such a wonderful celebration.
(c) The women gather all the pots, filling them with leftover food and give each guest a pot to take home.
(d) The leftover wine is divided into flasks for the guests to take home.
4. What does Okonkwo hope his sons will be initiated into when his family returns from exile?
(a) Ozo society
(b) The Sacred Python society
(c) The Nidichi
(d) Sacred Yam Seed society
5. What is the name of the first woman to join the Christian missionaries?
(d) Nwoye's mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
2. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
3. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
4. What do the missionaries tell the Mbanta people about their gods?
5. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)