|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of clan members join the white man's religion?
(a) The warriors of the clan, hoping the religion would keep them safe
(b) The elders of the clan and their families
(c) Men with no titles, efulefu, worthless and empty men
(d) The women and children of the clan
2. When Aneto kills Oduche over a land dispute, what does the white man's government decide?
(a) To exile Aneto and his family
(b) To whip Aneto
(c) To imprison Aneto for life
(d) To hang Aneto
3. What does Okagbue, the medicine man, dig up from under the orange tree that makes the people of the village believe that Ezinma will live to adulthood?
(a) A basket of kola nuts which were buried when Ezinma was born to trapped evil spirits. It was supposed to be dug up after a time and burned, so the evil spirits would not kill Ezinma.
(b) The cloth which was used to clean Ezinma after she was born. It was buried after the birth as a good luck charm that would keep the infant safe from harm. After digging it up, the child was to be washed with it once again to stay safe.
(c) A sacred amulet that the priestess made for Ezinma the day she was born. Ezinma was to wear it around her neck until the day she died.
(d) Ezinma's iyi-uwa, a smooth pebble wrapped in a dirty rag which links Ezinma to the spirit world. It is believed that if the iyi-uwa is found and destroyed, Ezinma will not die.
4. Where does Obierika send one of his relatives to get a fat goat to give to his in-laws during the uri?
(a) To a neighboring goat herder known for his fat goats
(b) The wonderful market in Umuike
(c) To the hills where wild goats roam free
(d) The goat farm in the village
5. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
(a) The beating of drums in the night.
(b) A choir of people singing the message.
(c) A group of armed warriors.
(d) The town crier beating on his hollow, metal ogene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
2. Why do the people say "Mother is Supreme" when the man is the head of the family and his wives and children are obedient to him?
3. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
4. The first day of the new year is celebrated with feasting and fellowship. What takes place on the second day of the new year?
5. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)