|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Okonkwo hope his sons will be initiated into when his family returns from exile?
(a) Ozo society
(b) The Sacred Python society
(c) The Nidichi
(d) Sacred Yam Seed society
2. What is Okonkwo's popular nickname?
(a) Raging Wrestler
(b) Flaming Heart
(c) Living Legend
(d) Roaring Flame
3. What does the law state in Umuofia if a woman runs away from her husband?
(a) She must be left in the forest to die.
(b) She is to be killed and left unburied for the vultures and wild animals.
(c) Her bride-price must be returned to the husband.
(d) Her husband is allowed to go get her, dragging her back home by the hair.
4. What does the ekwe, a hollowed out wooden instrument and the blast of the cannon signify to the nine villages of Umuofia?
(a) The beginning of war
(b) The beginning of a festival
(c) The birth of a child
(d) The death of a man
5. What is the first thing Okonkwo plans to do when he returns to his clan?
(a) Move in with a neighbor until he could rebuild
(b) Rebuild his compound better than it was before
(c) Go to each neighboring hut, apologizing for the past
(d) Have his wives cook meals for the village
Short Answer Questions
1. Ezinma offers to bring Okonkwo's chair to the wrestling match for him. Why did he refuse his daughter's offer?
2. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
3. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
4. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
5. Okonkwo does not fear war. In the last war he fought, he brought home a souvenir which he drank palm-wine out of. What is this souvenir?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)