|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nwoye's mother calls Ezinma "Ezigbo" when she brings the fire to Nwoye's mother's hut. What does "Ezigbo" mean?
(a) Helpful child
(b) Good work
(c) The good one
(d) Good girl
2. Ezinma tells her mother, Ekwefi, that her upper eyelid is twitching. What does Ekwefi tell Ezinma the significance of the twitch is?
(a) It means Ezinma will see something.
(b) It means the rains will come early this year.
(c) It means Ezinma will have many children.
(d) It means Ezinma is going to cry.
3. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
(a) Men chosen by the elders from each of the nine villages.
(b) Men elected in each of the nine villages.
(c) The wealthiest men from each of the nine villages.
(d) The leaders of the teams are made up of the best wrestlers in the nine villages.
4. What descends on the land of Okonkwo, darkens the sky, settles on the rooftops, and breaks mighty tree branches under them?
(a) The spirits of the clans ancestors
(b) A flock of vultures
(c) The arrows of neighboring enemies
(d) A swarm of locusts
5. Obiageli, Nwoye's sister, comes home crying because her water pot is broken. How did her waterpot break?
(a) She was pushed by Nwoye's younger brother and fell with her pot, spilling the water and smashing the pot.
(b) She overfilled the pot with water and was unable to carry the weight. The pot tipped and fell.
(c) She tripped over a stone in the pathway, and fell with her water pot.
(d) She was showing off, swaying her waist and the pot fell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
2. What are the things that Okonkwo fears most?
3. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
4. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
5. What do the people of Umuofia fear in the night?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)