|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do men and women look forward to the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) The men and women cook and feed each other the yams from the previous harvest so that no food will be wasted.
(b) It is the beginning of the season of plenty--the new year. It begins with huge quantities of fresh yams, yam foo foo and vegetable soup.
(c) It is a feast of yam stew made from all the leftover yams of the past harvest, which is divided among all the people.
(d) It is a festival of dancing around the new yams of the season and eating the rest of the old yams for the previous year.
2. Who is the powerful orator that informs the ten thousand men of the emergency facing the nine villages of Umuofia?
(b) Ogbuefi Ezeugo
(d) Ogbuefi Udo
3. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(c) Ogbuefi Udo
4. Who is the priestess of Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, in real life?
(a) Ekwefi, the second wife of Okonkwo
(b) Noywe's mother
(c) Anasi, Okonkwo's first wife
(d) Chielo, a widow with two children
5. What is the festival that gives thanks to Ani, the earth goddess and source of fertility?
(a) The Yam Harvest Festival
(b) The New Yam Festival
(c) The Seeds of Life Festival
(d) The Mother of the Earth Festival
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
2. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
3. Why is Umuofia feared by all its neighbors?
4. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
5. Ezinma offers to bring Okonkwo's chair to the wrestling match for him. Why did he refuse his daughter's offer?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)