|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
(a) Yams, kola nuts, greens
(b) Palms, bitter-leaf, foo foo
(c) Gourds, bananas, oil bean
(d) Coco-yams, beans, cassava
2. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
(a) In a large, handsomely endowed compound in the hills filled with the gifts from those asking for a consultation.
(b) Deep underground with the creatures of the soil, beneath the hills and all things that live above the ground.
(c) In the treetops with all the climbing creatures of Umuofia.
(d) Through a round hole in the side of the hill leading to a dimly lit cave.
3. What are the things that Okonkwo fears most?
(a) Forces of nature.
(b) The forest and magic.
(c) Failure, weakness, and himself.
(d) Evil and capricious gods.
4. What do the people of Umuofia fear in the night?
(a) Kidnappers looking for children to sell as slaves.
(b) Evil spirits, dangerous animals, and snakes.
(c) Bandits in search of money and food.
(d) Rogue warriors from Mbaino.
5. What is the significance of the beating of drums in the village playground, the ilo, where all the great ceremonies and dances of the village take place?
(a) The beating of the drums means that the wrestling match will begin at noon.
(b) The beating drums announce that there is a winner in the wrestling match.
(c) The drums play the wrestling dance in preparation for the wrestling match at sundown.
(d) The drums beat as each wrestler is thrown to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
2. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
3. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
4. How do the women of the clan prepare for the Feast of the New Yam?
5. What descends on the land of Okonkwo, darkens the sky, settles on the rooftops, and breaks mighty tree branches under them?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)