|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
(a) Nine men on each side
(b) Six men on each side
(c) Twelve men on each side
(d) Five men on each side
2. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
(a) That he is being killed.
(b) That he is free to go.
(c) That he is being exiled.
(d) That he is going home.
3. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
(a) In the treetops with all the climbing creatures of Umuofia.
(b) Deep underground with the creatures of the soil, beneath the hills and all things that live above the ground.
(c) In a large, handsomely endowed compound in the hills filled with the gifts from those asking for a consultation.
(d) Through a round hole in the side of the hill leading to a dimly lit cave.
4. What descends on the land of Okonkwo, darkens the sky, settles on the rooftops, and breaks mighty tree branches under them?
(a) The spirits of the clans ancestors
(b) A flock of vultures
(c) A swarm of locusts
(d) The arrows of neighboring enemies
5. Okonkwo is sitting in his obi with Ikemefuna and Nwoye, eating dried locusts when Ogbuefi Ezeudu comes with a message. What is the message?
(a) Umuofia decides to kill Ikemefuna. The Oracle of the Hills pronounces it. Okonkwo is not to take part in the killing because the boy calls him father.
(b) Ikemefuna is to be given all the rights of an adopted son to Okonkwo.
(c) Nwoye and Ikemefuna are to be declared by Umuofia as brothers for life.
(d) Ikemefuna is to remain in Okonkwo's household as a servant for the rest of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
2. What is the festival that gives thanks to Ani, the earth goddess and source of fertility?
3. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
4. Why do men and women look forward to the Feast of the New Yam?
5. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)