|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
(a) He figures he can charge Okonkwo for the seeds with interest if the crop failed.
(b) He can tell by looking at Okonkwo that he is a hard worker, unlike many young men of the village.
(c) He asks other people of the village if Okonkwo can be trusted.
(d) He always believs big, strong men are trustworthy.
2. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
(a) A bamboo basket and a goatflask.
(b) Palm-wine, a cock, kola nut, and alligator pepper.
(c) Campfire wood, and a pot of soup.
(d) Goat's milk and eggs.
3. How are the children of the village prepared for the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) Their heads are shaved in beautiful patterns.
(b) Their bodies are rubbed with palm oil, and their hair is decorated with kola nut shells.
(c) Their entire bodies are painted with cam wood and no clothing is worn to the festival.
(d) They are washed in the riverbed three times the day before the festival, and then dressed in simple robes.
4. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
(a) When they are followed by misfortune, when they have a dispute with their neighbors, to see their futures, and to talk to the spirits.
(b) To ask for a cure for a fatal disease.
(c) To find out if their wives are being faithful.
(d) To ask for wealth, prosperity, and many newborn sons.
5. Okonkwo does not fear war. In the last war he fought, he brought home a souvenir which he drank palm-wine out of. What is this souvenir?
(a) A woven, bamboo basket.
(b) A goatskin flask.
(c) A colorful, clay pot.
(d) A human head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
2. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
3. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
4. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
5. What do the people of Umuofia fear in the night?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)