|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
(a) The worst in memory: late rains and scorching sun kill the yams, then torrential downpours wash the seeds away.
(b) Some good days, and some bad: the yams grow, but not to their potential. Some days were too hot and some rains too severe.
(c) The best growing weather ever: yams flourish with the nightly rains and sunny days.
(d) The beginning of the season is poor weather for growing yams, but the second planting of the season grows huge yams, sweet and plump.
2. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
(a) That he is being exiled.
(b) That he is being killed.
(c) That he is going home.
(d) That he is free to go.
3. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) In a hair piece.
(b) On an anklet.
(c) Tattooed on her upper arm.
(d) On a necklace.
4. Why is the big, ancient silk-cotton tree in the playground considered sacred?
(a) The spirits of good children waiting to be born live in the tree.
(b) The tree holds the spirits of all the ancestors of the clan.
(c) The tree is believed to have been the first tree in existence.
(d) The tree holds all the spirits of the men who died in wars since the beginning of time.
5. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
(a) That Unoka sows his yams on exhausted land rather than making the effort to clear new land.
(b) That he angers his ancestors and they plague his land.
(c) That he should stay home and offer sacrifices to the gods.
(d) That Unoka has offended the gods and that is why his crop fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
2. Ezinma tells her mother, Ekwefi, that her upper eyelid is twitching. What does Ekwefi tell Ezinma the significance of the twitch is?
3. What is the emergency that the great orator announces at the meeting in the marketplace?
4. The first day of the new year is celebrated with feasting and fellowship. What takes place on the second day of the new year?
5. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)