|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
(a) Yams, kola nuts, greens
(b) Gourds, bananas, oil bean
(c) Palms, bitter-leaf, foo foo
(d) Coco-yams, beans, cassava
2. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) Tattooed on her upper arm.
(b) On a necklace.
(c) In a hair piece.
(d) On an anklet.
3. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
(a) To ask for wealth, prosperity, and many newborn sons.
(b) When they are followed by misfortune, when they have a dispute with their neighbors, to see their futures, and to talk to the spirits.
(c) To ask for a cure for a fatal disease.
(d) To find out if their wives are being faithful.
4. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
(a) Starvation due to his many failed crops.
(b) Dying of the abomination of swollen stomach and limbs, never to be buried in the earth.
(c) Beheading because of his many unpaid debts.
(d) Drowning in his own vomit after too much palm-wine.
5. Who is the powerful orator that informs the ten thousand men of the emergency facing the nine villages of Umuofia?
(b) Ogbuefi Ezeugo
(d) Ogbuefi Udo
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
2. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
3. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
4. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
5. Why do men and women look forward to the Feast of the New Yam?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)