|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
(a) Pregnant women.
(b) The elders, grandees, a few early comers in the stands, and the drummers.
(c) Women and children.
(d) The wrestlers waiting for their matches.
2. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
(a) He hopes to learn how to become a great farmer and warrior from Okonkwo.
(b) He is thankful that he will never be hungry living with Okonkwo, his three wives, and eight children.
(c) He is pleased to be living with such a powerful, wealthy man.
(d) He is afraid and does not understand the circumstances.
3. How does Ezinma, the daughter of Okonkwo's second wife, bring fire to Nwoye's mother's hut?
(a) Ezinma carries a flaming stick across the compound to Nwoye's mother's hut.
(b) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, puts live coals into a piece of broken pot and Ezinma carries it to Nwoye's mother.
(c) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, makes a torch of banana leaves and palm oil, and gives it to Ezinma to carry to Nwoye's mother.
(d) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, gives Ezinma a clay pot with burning leaves inside to carry to Nwoye's mother's hut.
4. Okonkwo of Umuofia is the emissary of war to Mbaino. What does Mbaino give him as an offering for the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
(a) A fifteen-year-old boy named Ikemefuna and a young virgin to replace the murdered woman.
(b) One of Mbaino's most powerful warriors.
(c) A large monetary payment for the people of Umofia.
(d) The wife of the murderer.
5. What is used to inform all the men of the Umuofia to meet in the market place the following morning?
(a) A choir of people singing the message.
(b) The town crier beating on his hollow, metal ogene.
(c) A group of armed warriors.
(d) The beating of drums in the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
2. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
3. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
4. Ezinma offers to bring Okonkwo's chair to the wrestling match for him. Why did he refuse his daughter's offer?
5. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)