|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women of the clan prepare for the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) They decorate robes with intricate patterns made of colored beans, plaite each others hair, color their faces with red clay, and make veils to cover their faces during the festival.
(b) They cleanse their bodies, wear a simple robe and sandles, and scrub their faces. They are to go to the festival free of all paint, jewelry, or ornamentation of any kind.
(c) They gather in the marketplace to share all their clothing, jewelry and sandals with one another. They wear each others belongings to prove to the goddess, Ani, that they are worthy people.
(d) They scrub the walls and huts with red earth, draw patterns on them in white, yellow and green, paint themselves with cam wood, and draw black patterns on their stomach and backs.
2. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
(a) Ogbuefi Ezendu
3. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
(a) Saving his money to buy seeds.
(b) Planting coco-yams.
(d) Going to his mother and his father's wives for help.
4. The first day of the new year is celebrated with feasting and fellowship. What takes place on the second day of the new year?
(a) A gathering in the marketplace for the preparation of the new yams for planting.
(b) A play enacting the planting of yams put on by the children of all the villages in Umuofia.
(c) The gathering of all the village musicians for singing and dancing.
(d) The great wrestling match between Okonkwo's village and their neighbors.
5. Who is the priestess of Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, in real life?
(a) Ekwefi, the second wife of Okonkwo
(b) Noywe's mother
(c) Anasi, Okonkwo's first wife
(d) Chielo, a widow with two children
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the things that Okonkwo fears most?
2. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
3. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
4. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
5. How are the children of the village prepared for the Feast of the New Yam?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)