|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
(a) To obtain more wealth than anyone else in Umuofia.
(b) To be affluent in money, wives, and children.
(c) To hate everything his father loved.
(d) To make sure his barn was always filled with yams.
2. What drives Okonkwo into a rage on the first day of the festival, leading him to beat his second wife, Ekwefi, and almost kill her with a gun?
(a) He believes his wife killed a banana tree in the compound, even though it is still alive. She also comments on his inability to shoot well.
(b) Okonkwo is angry because his second wife has not scrubbed the walls of her hut with red earth, and has neglected the rituals of the people.
(c) She burns the vegetable soup she is preparing for the festival.
(d) Okonkwo finds that his second wife has not prepared her children in the traditional fashion of the clan for the festival.
3. How are the children of the village prepared for the Feast of the New Yam?
(a) Their heads are shaved in beautiful patterns.
(b) Their bodies are rubbed with palm oil, and their hair is decorated with kola nut shells.
(c) Their entire bodies are painted with cam wood and no clothing is worn to the festival.
(d) They are washed in the riverbed three times the day before the festival, and then dressed in simple robes.
4. Ezinma offers to bring Okonkwo's chair to the wrestling match for him. Why did he refuse his daughter's offer?
(a) He will be busy with preparing the wrestlers for the match and wouldn't need the chair.
(b) Only grown women carry their husband's chairs.
(c) Carrying the chair is a boy's job.
(d) Men prefer to stand during the wrestling match.
5. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
(a) The leaders of the teams are made up of the best wrestlers in the nine villages.
(b) The wealthiest men from each of the nine villages.
(c) Men elected in each of the nine villages.
(d) Men chosen by the elders from each of the nine villages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
2. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
3. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
4. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
5. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)