|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ezinma, the daughter of Okonkwo's second wife, bring fire to Nwoye's mother's hut?
(a) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, gives Ezinma a clay pot with burning leaves inside to carry to Nwoye's mother's hut.
(b) Ezinma carries a flaming stick across the compound to Nwoye's mother's hut.
(c) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, makes a torch of banana leaves and palm oil, and gives it to Ezinma to carry to Nwoye's mother.
(d) Ekwefi, Okonkwo's second wife, puts live coals into a piece of broken pot and Ezinma carries it to Nwoye's mother.
2. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
(a) To ask for wealth, prosperity, and many newborn sons.
(b) When they are followed by misfortune, when they have a dispute with their neighbors, to see their futures, and to talk to the spirits.
(c) To find out if their wives are being faithful.
(d) To ask for a cure for a fatal disease.
3. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
4. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
(a) That he is being killed.
(b) That he is being exiled.
(c) That he is going home.
(d) That he is free to go.
5. Nwoye's mother calls Ezinma "Ezigbo" when she brings the fire to Nwoye's mother's hut. What does "Ezigbo" mean?
(a) The good one
(b) Helpful child
(c) Good girl
(d) Good work
Short Answer Questions
1. Ezinma tells her mother, Ekwefi, that her upper eyelid is twitching. What does Ekwefi tell Ezinma the significance of the twitch is?
2. Okonkwo of Umuofia is the emissary of war to Mbaino. What does Mbaino give him as an offering for the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
3. What ultimatum is dispatched to Mbaino as a consequence of the murder of the woman from Umuofia?
4. Why is Okonkwo's twelve-year-old son, Nwoye, causing him great anxiety?
5. What is the one passion that rules Okonkwo's life?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)