Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name all children of the clan except Ezinma call their mothers?
2. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
(a) Because it is good for kinsman to do so
(b) To show off the wealth of food
(c) To save kinsman from starving
(d) To gather under the moonlight
3. What does the law state in Umuofia if a woman runs away from her husband?
(a) Her bride-price must be returned to the husband.
(b) She is to be killed and left unburied for the vultures and wild animals.
(c) She must be left in the forest to die.
(d) Her husband is allowed to go get her, dragging her back home by the hair.
4. Why can Ezeudu, the oldest man in his village, only be buried at night?
(a) It is believed being buried at night will bring the dead man closer to his ancestors.
(b) He is a noble warrior with three titles to his name. A man who took titles can only be buried after dark.
(c) The spirits announce that he has to be buried at night.
(d) The oldest man of the village is always buried after dark.
5. What does the priestess do when she brings Ezinma out of Agbala's cave?
(a) She comes out of the cave alone, telling Okonkwo and Ekwefi that Ezinma has to remain in the cave for two days and nights.
(b) She comes out of the cave and tells Okonkwo and Ekwefi that Agbala wants them to leave, or Ezinma will be sacrificed.
(c) She doesn't say a word to Okonkwo or Ekwefi, but carries Ezinma back to Okonkwo's compound and places Ezinma in bed.
(d) She comes out of the cave, giving Okonkwo and Ekwefi a lock of Ezinma's hair. She tells them to bury it in the yam field.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
2. How are the children of the village prepared for the Feast of the New Yam?
3. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
4. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
5. What is Okonkwo's popular nickname?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)