Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
(a) The beginning of the season is poor weather for growing yams, but the second planting of the season grows huge yams, sweet and plump.
(b) The worst in memory: late rains and scorching sun kill the yams, then torrential downpours wash the seeds away.
(c) Some good days, and some bad: the yams grow, but not to their potential. Some days were too hot and some rains too severe.
(d) The best growing weather ever: yams flourish with the nightly rains and sunny days.
2. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
(a) Nine men on each side
(b) Six men on each side
(c) Five men on each side
(d) Twelve men on each side
3. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
(a) He cries and sinks into despair.
(b) His heart is broken from the loss of his crop, leaving him depressed and suicidal.
(c) He feels he can survive anything, since he has survived this disastrous year.
(d) He gives up being a farmer, and begins looking for a new trade.
4. What drives Okonkwo into a rage on the first day of the festival, leading him to beat his second wife, Ekwefi, and almost kill her with a gun?
(a) Okonkwo finds that his second wife has not prepared her children in the traditional fashion of the clan for the festival.
(b) He believes his wife killed a banana tree in the compound, even though it is still alive. She also comments on his inability to shoot well.
(c) She burns the vegetable soup she is preparing for the festival.
(d) Okonkwo is angry because his second wife has not scrubbed the walls of her hut with red earth, and has neglected the rituals of the people.
5. What is the festival that gives thanks to Ani, the earth goddess and source of fertility?
(a) The Seeds of Life Festival
(b) The New Yam Festival
(c) The Yam Harvest Festival
(d) The Mother of the Earth Festival
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the things that Okonkwo fears most?
2. Okonkwo is very prosperous, owning a large compound with many huts, and an abundance of food. Ikemefuna is given to Okonkwo to live with him until the clan decides Ikemefuna's fate. How does Ikemefuna react to living with Okonkwo?
3. How does Ezinma, the daughter of Okonkwo's second wife, bring fire to Nwoye's mother's hut?
4. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
5. Ezinma offers to bring Okonkwo's chair to the wrestling match for him. Why did he refuse his daughter's offer?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)