|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the priestess of Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, in real life?
(a) Chielo, a widow with two children
(b) Anasi, Okonkwo's first wife
(c) Noywe's mother
(d) Ekwefi, the second wife of Okonkwo
2. What is the final ceremony, Amikwu, Uchendu's youngest son, has to perform before getting married?
(a) Kwenu--shouts of approval
(b) Isa-ife--the ceremony of confession
(c) Umuada--the gathering of daughters
(d) Uri--the ceremony of wine bringing
3. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
(a) Starvation due to his many failed crops.
(b) Beheading because of his many unpaid debts.
(c) Dying of the abomination of swollen stomach and limbs, never to be buried in the earth.
(d) Drowning in his own vomit after too much palm-wine.
4. Where does Okonkwo bring his family after being banished from his village?
(a) To live in a cave in the hills
(b) To his mother's kinsmen in Mbanta
(c) To an enemy village asking to be accepted
(d) To wander the forests and live off the land
5. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
(a) Palm-wine, a cock, kola nut, and alligator pepper.
(b) Campfire wood, and a pot of soup.
(c) A bamboo basket and a goatflask.
(d) Goat's milk and eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
2. What does Uchendu, the younger brother of Okonkwo's mother, give to Okonkwo after he comes looking for refuge?
3. Ekwefi awakes Okonkwo early in the morning pounding on his door. What is she anxious to tell him?
4. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
5. What are the traditional events when night falls and it is time to end Obierika's daughter's uri?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)