|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
2. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(d) Ogbuefi Udo
3. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
(a) A bamboo basket and a goatflask.
(b) Campfire wood, and a pot of soup.
(c) Goat's milk and eggs.
(d) Palm-wine, a cock, kola nut, and alligator pepper.
4. Nine out of ten of Ekwefi's children die in infancy. After the second death, Okonkwo goes to the medicine man to find out why this is happening. What explanation does the diviner give?
(a) Ekwefi did not eat vegetable soup throughout her pregnancies.
(b) Ekwefi is weak and should not become pregnant again.
(c) Ekwefi should just keep trying, and sooner or later a child would survive.
(d) The child is an agbanje, a wicked child that enters the mother's womb to be born again.
5. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) On a necklace.
(b) On an anklet.
(c) In a hair piece.
(d) Tattooed on her upper arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ekwefi make the medicine she hopes would cure Ezinma?
2. What does Okagbue, the medicine man, dig up from under the orange tree that makes the people of the village believe that Ezinma will live to adulthood?
3. What is the name all children of the clan except Ezinma call their mothers?
4. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
5. Where does Okonkwo bring his family after being banished from his village?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)