|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pots of wine do Obierika's in-laws brink to his home for the uri?
2. Where does Obierika send one of his relatives to get a fat goat to give to his in-laws during the uri?
(a) The wonderful market in Umuike
(b) The goat farm in the village
(c) To a neighboring goat herder known for his fat goats
(d) To the hills where wild goats roam free
3. Okonkwo's friend, Obierika, is celebrating his daughter's uri. Why does this day put the entire neighborhood into a festive air?
(a) It is the day his daughter will practice for the wedding ceremony, followed by a celebration.
(b) It is the day when his daughter's suitor brings palm-wine to her parents and her entire group of kinsmen, umunna. Everyone is invited, but the central figures are the bride and her mother.
(c) It is the day his daughter's suitor will pay the bride-price and everyone will celebrate.
(d) It is the day his daughtor's suitor brings the whole neighborhood to see the hut where he and his bride will be living.
4. Why is the big, ancient silk-cotton tree in the playground considered sacred?
(a) The tree holds all the spirits of the men who died in wars since the beginning of time.
(b) The spirits of good children waiting to be born live in the tree.
(c) The tree is believed to have been the first tree in existence.
(d) The tree holds the spirits of all the ancestors of the clan.
5. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
(a) Going to his mother and his father's wives for help.
(b) Saving his money to buy seeds.
(c) Planting coco-yams.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
2. Nine out of ten of Ekwefi's children die in infancy. After the second death, Okonkwo goes to the medicine man to find out why this is happening. What explanation does the diviner give?
3. What are the traditional events when night falls and it is time to end Obierika's daughter's uri?
4. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
5. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)