|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ekwefi awakes Okonkwo early in the morning pounding on his door. What is she anxious to tell him?
(a) Their daughter, Ezinma is sick and dying.
(b) All the men of the village are to meet in the marketplace immediately.
(c) Nwoye's mother is sick and calling for him.
(d) The yam fields are on fire.
2. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) On an anklet.
(b) In a hair piece.
(c) On a necklace.
(d) Tattooed on her upper arm.
3. How many pots of wine do Obierika's in-laws brink to his home for the uri?
4. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
(a) He gives up being a farmer, and begins looking for a new trade.
(b) His heart is broken from the loss of his crop, leaving him depressed and suicidal.
(c) He feels he can survive anything, since he has survived this disastrous year.
(d) He cries and sinks into despair.
5. What does Uchendu, the younger brother of Okonkwo's mother, give to Okonkwo after he comes looking for refuge?
(a) A gun to protect him and his family during their exile
(b) A basket of yams and palm-wine for his travels
(c) A plot of ground, and two or three pieces of land
(d) Advice on living in the forest
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
2. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
3. What does Okonkwo bring back from the bush while Ezinma lays sick in Ekwefi's hut?
4. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
5. What are the traditional events when night falls and it is time to end Obierika's daughter's uri?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)