|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
(a) Six men on each side
(b) Five men on each side
(c) Twelve men on each side
(d) Nine men on each side
2. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
(a) Beheading because of his many unpaid debts.
(b) Starvation due to his many failed crops.
(c) Drowning in his own vomit after too much palm-wine.
(d) Dying of the abomination of swollen stomach and limbs, never to be buried in the earth.
3. What does Uchendu tell Okonkw his duty was?
(a) Forget about his past, and denounce his homeland.
(b) Never return to his homeland, but build his future in Mbanta.
(c) To go back to his clan and beg to be forgiven.
(d) Comfort his wives and children and take them back to his fatherland after seven years.
4. Why do the people say "Mother is Supreme" when the man is the head of the family and his wives and children are obedient to him?
(a) They believe in the very first mother of all men, giving life to all the men who came after.
(b) They are referring to Mother Earth and how she is fertile for the yams.
(c) They are referring to the mother of all gods, guiding them to rule the world.
(d) When a man is sorrowful and bitter, he seeks refuge in his motherland because his mother is there to protect him. It is where she is buried.
5. Why do all the women abandon preparing the food for the uri and rush off to the Obierika's crop field?
(a) A neighbor's child went to the field and started picking the crops.
(b) A fire broke out in the field and the women have to stomp it out.
(c) There is a cow loose in the field eating the crops and the women have to catch it.
(d) The locusts landed on the crops and have to be brushed off the leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priestess do when she brings Ezinma out of Agbala's cave?
2. When Okonkwo was a boy, his father, Unoka, consults Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills, about why his crops always fail.. What reply did the Oracle give?
3. What question does Njide, the eldest sister of Uchendu, ask of her brother's bride during the isa-ife?
4. What does Okonkwo bring back from the bush while Ezinma lays sick in Ekwefi's hut?
5. Okonkwo's friend, Obierika, is celebrating his daughter's uri. Why does this day put the entire neighborhood into a festive air?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)