|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
(a) The elders, grandees, a few early comers in the stands, and the drummers.
(b) Pregnant women.
(c) Women and children.
(d) The wrestlers waiting for their matches.
2. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
3. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
(a) Dying of the abomination of swollen stomach and limbs, never to be buried in the earth.
(b) Drowning in his own vomit after too much palm-wine.
(c) Starvation due to his many failed crops.
(d) Beheading because of his many unpaid debts.
4. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
(a) On an anklet.
(b) Tattooed on her upper arm.
(c) On a necklace.
(d) In a hair piece.
5. Where does Okonkwo bring his family after being banished from his village?
(a) To live in a cave in the hills
(b) To his mother's kinsmen in Mbanta
(c) To an enemy village asking to be accepted
(d) To wander the forests and live off the land
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the priestess of Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, in real life?
2. Okonkwo's friend, Obierika, is celebrating his daughter's uri. Why does this day put the entire neighborhood into a festive air?
3. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
4. Why is the big, ancient silk-cotton tree in the playground considered sacred?
5. Why do all the women abandon preparing the food for the uri and rush off to the Obierika's crop field?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)