|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uchendu tell Okonkw his duty was?
(a) To go back to his clan and beg to be forgiven.
(b) Never return to his homeland, but build his future in Mbanta.
(c) Forget about his past, and denounce his homeland.
(d) Comfort his wives and children and take them back to his fatherland after seven years.
2. Where does Okonkwo bring his family after being banished from his village?
(a) To his mother's kinsmen in Mbanta
(b) To wander the forests and live off the land
(c) To live in a cave in the hills
(d) To an enemy village asking to be accepted
3. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(b) Ogbuefi Udo
4. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
(a) Goat's milk and eggs.
(b) Campfire wood, and a pot of soup.
(c) Palm-wine, a cock, kola nut, and alligator pepper.
(d) A bamboo basket and a goatflask.
5. What does Okonkwo bring back from the bush while Ezinma lays sick in Ekwefi's hut?
(a) A bundle of medicinal plants, grasses, leaves, roots and barks.
(b) Three small birds to offer as sacrifice to the gods, so Ezinma will get well.
(c) Bananas to mix with palm oil, forming a paste which Ezinma can eat easily. This will help keep up her strength.
(d) Soil from the bush to mix with water and form into mud which can be rubbed on Ezinma's body to bring down the fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nine out of ten of Ekwefi's children die in infancy. After the second death, Okonkwo goes to the medicine man to find out why this is happening. What explanation does the diviner give?
2. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
3. Where does the powerful Oracle of the Hills, Agbala, live?
4. Why do the people say "Mother is Supreme" when the man is the head of the family and his wives and children are obedient to him?
5. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)