|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uchendu tell Okonkw his duty was?
(a) To go back to his clan and beg to be forgiven.
(b) Never return to his homeland, but build his future in Mbanta.
(c) Forget about his past, and denounce his homeland.
(d) Comfort his wives and children and take them back to his fatherland after seven years.
2. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(a) Ogbuefi Udo
3. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
(a) He gives up being a farmer, and begins looking for a new trade.
(b) His heart is broken from the loss of his crop, leaving him depressed and suicidal.
(c) He feels he can survive anything, since he has survived this disastrous year.
(d) He cries and sinks into despair.
4. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
(a) Six men on each side
(b) Nine men on each side
(c) Five men on each side
(d) Twelve men on each side
5. How many pots of wine do Obierika's in-laws brink to his home for the uri?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ekwefi make the medicine she hopes would cure Ezinma?
2. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
3. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
4. Why is the big, ancient silk-cotton tree in the playground considered sacred?
5. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)