|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(d) Ogbuefi Udo
2. What is the final ceremony, Amikwu, Uchendu's youngest son, has to perform before getting married?
(a) Isa-ife--the ceremony of confession
(b) Uri--the ceremony of wine bringing
(c) Kwenu--shouts of approval
(d) Umuada--the gathering of daughters
3. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
(a) Campfire wood, and a pot of soup.
(b) Goat's milk and eggs.
(c) A bamboo basket and a goatflask.
(d) Palm-wine, a cock, kola nut, and alligator pepper.
4. Who is the priestess of Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, in real life?
(a) Ekwefi, the second wife of Okonkwo
(b) Anasi, Okonkwo's first wife
(c) Noywe's mother
(d) Chielo, a widow with two children
5. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
2. Ekwefi awakes Okonkwo early in the morning pounding on his door. What is she anxious to tell him?
3. Why do all the women abandon preparing the food for the uri and rush off to the Obierika's crop field?
4. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
5. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)