|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
(a) Men elected in each of the nine villages.
(b) Men chosen by the elders from each of the nine villages.
(c) The wealthiest men from each of the nine villages.
(d) The leaders of the teams are made up of the best wrestlers in the nine villages.
2. Where does Obierika send one of his relatives to get a fat goat to give to his in-laws during the uri?
(a) The goat farm in the village
(b) To a neighboring goat herder known for his fat goats
(c) To the hills where wild goats roam free
(d) The wonderful market in Umuike
3. What does Okonkwo bring back from the bush while Ezinma lays sick in Ekwefi's hut?
(a) Bananas to mix with palm oil, forming a paste which Ezinma can eat easily. This will help keep up her strength.
(b) Three small birds to offer as sacrifice to the gods, so Ezinma will get well.
(c) A bundle of medicinal plants, grasses, leaves, roots and barks.
(d) Soil from the bush to mix with water and form into mud which can be rubbed on Ezinma's body to bring down the fever.
4. Why do the people say "Mother is Supreme" when the man is the head of the family and his wives and children are obedient to him?
(a) They believe in the very first mother of all men, giving life to all the men who came after.
(b) They are referring to Mother Earth and how she is fertile for the yams.
(c) When a man is sorrowful and bitter, he seeks refuge in his motherland because his mother is there to protect him. It is where she is buried.
(d) They are referring to the mother of all gods, guiding them to rule the world.
5. Why is the big, ancient silk-cotton tree in the playground considered sacred?
(a) The tree holds all the spirits of the men who died in wars since the beginning of time.
(b) The tree is believed to have been the first tree in existence.
(c) The tree holds the spirits of all the ancestors of the clan.
(d) The spirits of good children waiting to be born live in the tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name all children of the clan except Ezinma call their mothers?
2. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
3. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
4. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
5. What are the traditional events when night falls and it is time to end Obierika's daughter's uri?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)