|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
(a) The elders, grandees, a few early comers in the stands, and the drummers.
(b) Women and children.
(c) The wrestlers waiting for their matches.
(d) Pregnant women.
2. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
3. Under what circumstances will the people of Umuofia consult Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves?
(a) To find out if their wives are being faithful.
(b) To ask for a cure for a fatal disease.
(c) To ask for wealth, prosperity, and many newborn sons.
(d) When they are followed by misfortune, when they have a dispute with their neighbors, to see their futures, and to talk to the spirits.
4. Okonkwo's friend, Obierika, is celebrating his daughter's uri. Why does this day put the entire neighborhood into a festive air?
(a) It is the day his daughtor's suitor brings the whole neighborhood to see the hut where he and his bride will be living.
(b) It is the day his daughter will practice for the wedding ceremony, followed by a celebration.
(c) It is the day when his daughter's suitor brings palm-wine to her parents and her entire group of kinsmen, umunna. Everyone is invited, but the central figures are the bride and her mother.
(d) It is the day his daughter's suitor will pay the bride-price and everyone will celebrate.
5. How many pots of wine do Obierika's in-laws brink to his home for the uri?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
2. Where does Obierika send one of his relatives to get a fat goat to give to his in-laws during the uri?
3. What are the traditional events when night falls and it is time to end Obierika's daughter's uri?
4. Where does Okonkwo bring his family after being banished from his village?
5. Ekwefi awakes Okonkwo early in the morning pounding on his door. What is she anxious to tell him?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)