|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
(a) Beheading because of his many unpaid debts.
(b) Drowning in his own vomit after too much palm-wine.
(c) Starvation due to his many failed crops.
(d) Dying of the abomination of swollen stomach and limbs, never to be buried in the earth.
2. How many pots of wine do Obierika's in-laws brink to his home for the uri?
3. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
(a) Men chosen by the elders from each of the nine villages.
(b) The wealthiest men from each of the nine villages.
(c) Men elected in each of the nine villages.
(d) The leaders of the teams are made up of the best wrestlers in the nine villages.
4. What does Uchendu tell Okonkw his duty was?
(a) Comfort his wives and children and take them back to his fatherland after seven years.
(b) Never return to his homeland, but build his future in Mbanta.
(c) Forget about his past, and denounce his homeland.
(d) To go back to his clan and beg to be forgiven.
5. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
(a) Coco-yams, beans, cassava
(b) Palms, bitter-leaf, foo foo
(c) Yams, kola nuts, greens
(d) Gourds, bananas, oil bean
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priestess do when she brings Ezinma out of Agbala's cave?
2. Why do the people say "Mother is Supreme" when the man is the head of the family and his wives and children are obedient to him?
3. Why is the big, ancient silk-cotton tree in the playground considered sacred?
4. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
5. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)