|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pots of wine do Obierika's in-laws brink to his home for the uri?
2. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
(a) His heart is broken from the loss of his crop, leaving him depressed and suicidal.
(b) He gives up being a farmer, and begins looking for a new trade.
(c) He feels he can survive anything, since he has survived this disastrous year.
(d) He cries and sinks into despair.
3. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
(a) Men elected in each of the nine villages.
(b) Men chosen by the elders from each of the nine villages.
(c) The wealthiest men from each of the nine villages.
(d) The leaders of the teams are made up of the best wrestlers in the nine villages.
4. What does Uchendu, the younger brother of Okonkwo's mother, give to Okonkwo after he comes looking for refuge?
(a) A plot of ground, and two or three pieces of land
(b) A gun to protect him and his family during their exile
(c) A basket of yams and palm-wine for his travels
(d) Advice on living in the forest
5. What does Uchendu tell Okonkw his duty was?
(a) Never return to his homeland, but build his future in Mbanta.
(b) Forget about his past, and denounce his homeland.
(c) To go back to his clan and beg to be forgiven.
(d) Comfort his wives and children and take them back to his fatherland after seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
2. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
3. What does the priestess do when she brings Ezinma out of Agbala's cave?
4. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
5. Where does Obierika send one of his relatives to get a fat goat to give to his in-laws during the uri?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)