|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the crops that are considered women's crops by the people of Umuofia?
(a) Coco-yams, beans, cassava
(b) Palms, bitter-leaf, foo foo
(c) Yams, kola nuts, greens
(d) Gourds, bananas, oil bean
2. How is the weather during the first growing season that Okonkwo starts share-cropping for Nwakibie?
(a) The worst in memory: late rains and scorching sun kill the yams, then torrential downpours wash the seeds away.
(b) The beginning of the season is poor weather for growing yams, but the second planting of the season grows huge yams, sweet and plump.
(c) The best growing weather ever: yams flourish with the nightly rains and sunny days.
(d) Some good days, and some bad: the yams grow, but not to their potential. Some days were too hot and some rains too severe.
3. What are the traditional events when night falls and it is time to end Obierika's daughter's uri?
(a) The elders sit in a circle while singers sing each man's praise. Then the guest's rise to go and the bride is to leave with them for seven weeks.
(b) The women gather all the pots, filling them with leftover food and give each guest a pot to take home.
(c) The leftover wine is divided into flasks for the guests to take home.
(d) The singers sing a song of praise to Obierika for such a wonderful celebration.
4. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
(a) Nine men on each side
(b) Twelve men on each side
(c) Six men on each side
(d) Five men on each side
5. What does the priestess do when she brings Ezinma out of Agbala's cave?
(a) She doesn't say a word to Okonkwo or Ekwefi, but carries Ezinma back to Okonkwo's compound and places Ezinma in bed.
(b) She comes out of the cave alone, telling Okonkwo and Ekwefi that Ezinma has to remain in the cave for two days and nights.
(c) She comes out of the cave, giving Okonkwo and Ekwefi a lock of Ezinma's hair. She tells them to bury it in the yam field.
(d) She comes out of the cave and tells Okonkwo and Ekwefi that Agbala wants them to leave, or Ezinma will be sacrificed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Okonkwo react to the disastrous growing season that destroy all his yams and the yams of his people?
2. Where does Okonkwo bring his family after being banished from his village?
3. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
4. Where does Obierika send one of his relatives to get a fat goat to give to his in-laws during the uri?
5. What question does Njide, the eldest sister of Uchendu, ask of her brother's bride during the isa-ife?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)