|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
(a) The elders, grandees, a few early comers in the stands, and the drummers.
(b) Women and children.
(c) The wrestlers waiting for their matches.
(d) Pregnant women.
2. Nine out of ten of Ekwefi's children die in infancy. After the second death, Okonkwo goes to the medicine man to find out why this is happening. What explanation does the diviner give?
(a) Ekwefi is weak and should not become pregnant again.
(b) Ekwefi did not eat vegetable soup throughout her pregnancies.
(c) Ekwefi should just keep trying, and sooner or later a child would survive.
(d) The child is an agbanje, a wicked child that enters the mother's womb to be born again.
3. What is the name of the boy who wins the wrestling match in the fifteen- to sixteen-year-old age group with a lightning fast move that was never seen before?
4. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
(a) Men chosen by the elders from each of the nine villages.
(b) The leaders of the teams are made up of the best wrestlers in the nine villages.
(c) Men elected in each of the nine villages.
(d) The wealthiest men from each of the nine villages.
5. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
(a) Drowning in his own vomit after too much palm-wine.
(b) Starvation due to his many failed crops.
(c) Dying of the abomination of swollen stomach and limbs, never to be buried in the earth.
(d) Beheading because of his many unpaid debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
2. What does Uchendu tell Okonkw his duty was?
3. How does Ekwefi make the medicine she hopes would cure Ezinma?
4. Why is the big, ancient silk-cotton tree in the playground considered sacred?
5. Where does Obierika send one of his relatives to get a fat goat to give to his in-laws during the uri?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)