|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nine out of ten of Ekwefi's children die in infancy. After the second death, Okonkwo goes to the medicine man to find out why this is happening. What explanation does the diviner give?
(a) Ekwefi did not eat vegetable soup throughout her pregnancies.
(b) The child is an agbanje, a wicked child that enters the mother's womb to be born again.
(c) Ekwefi is weak and should not become pregnant again.
(d) Ekwefi should just keep trying, and sooner or later a child would survive.
2. Who is the first man Okonkwo works for as a share-cropper ?
(c) Ogbuefi Udo
3. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
(b) Saving his money to buy seeds.
(c) Planting coco-yams.
(d) Going to his mother and his father's wives for help.
4. What does Okonkwo bring with him to share with the wealthy Nwakibie and his family before asking for yam seeds and share cropping privileges?
(a) Campfire wood, and a pot of soup.
(b) Goat's milk and eggs.
(c) A bamboo basket and a goatflask.
(d) Palm-wine, a cock, kola nut, and alligator pepper.
5. What is the shameful death Unoka endures?
(a) Starvation due to his many failed crops.
(b) Beheading because of his many unpaid debts.
(c) Drowning in his own vomit after too much palm-wine.
(d) Dying of the abomination of swollen stomach and limbs, never to be buried in the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the traditional events when night falls and it is time to end Obierika's daughter's uri?
2. Where does Obierika send one of his relatives to get a fat goat to give to his in-laws during the uri?
3. Why is the big, ancient silk-cotton tree in the playground considered sacred?
4. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
5. What question does Njide, the eldest sister of Uchendu, ask of her brother's bride during the isa-ife?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)