|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people say "Mother is Supreme" when the man is the head of the family and his wives and children are obedient to him?
(a) They are referring to Mother Earth and how she is fertile for the yams.
(b) They believe in the very first mother of all men, giving life to all the men who came after.
(c) When a man is sorrowful and bitter, he seeks refuge in his motherland because his mother is there to protect him. It is where she is buried.
(d) They are referring to the mother of all gods, guiding them to rule the world.
2. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
(a) Men chosen by the elders from each of the nine villages.
(b) The leaders of the teams are made up of the best wrestlers in the nine villages.
(c) Men elected in each of the nine villages.
(d) The wealthiest men from each of the nine villages.
3. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
(b) Going to his mother and his father's wives for help.
(c) Saving his money to buy seeds.
(d) Planting coco-yams.
4. What does Uchendu tell Okonkw his duty was?
(a) Comfort his wives and children and take them back to his fatherland after seven years.
(b) Never return to his homeland, but build his future in Mbanta.
(c) To go back to his clan and beg to be forgiven.
(d) Forget about his past, and denounce his homeland.
5. What does the priestess do when she brings Ezinma out of Agbala's cave?
(a) She comes out of the cave, giving Okonkwo and Ekwefi a lock of Ezinma's hair. She tells them to bury it in the yam field.
(b) She doesn't say a word to Okonkwo or Ekwefi, but carries Ezinma back to Okonkwo's compound and places Ezinma in bed.
(c) She comes out of the cave alone, telling Okonkwo and Ekwefi that Ezinma has to remain in the cave for two days and nights.
(d) She comes out of the cave and tells Okonkwo and Ekwefi that Agbala wants them to leave, or Ezinma will be sacrificed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
2. Why does Nwakibie trust Okonkwo to farm his yam seeds?
3. Ekwefi awakes Okonkwo early in the morning pounding on his door. What is she anxious to tell him?
4. What does Okagbue, the medicine man, dig up from under the orange tree that makes the people of the village believe that Ezinma will live to adulthood?
5. Where does Obierika send one of his relatives to get a fat goat to give to his in-laws during the uri?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)