|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are in each of the two teams of wrestlers who face each other in the wrestling ring?
(a) Five men on each side
(b) Nine men on each side
(c) Six men on each side
(d) Twelve men on each side
2. What are the traditional events when night falls and it is time to end Obierika's daughter's uri?
(a) The women gather all the pots, filling them with leftover food and give each guest a pot to take home.
(b) The singers sing a song of praise to Obierika for such a wonderful celebration.
(c) The leftover wine is divided into flasks for the guests to take home.
(d) The elders sit in a circle while singers sing each man's praise. Then the guest's rise to go and the bride is to leave with them for seven weeks.
3. Which men fight in the final wrestling match of the day?
(a) The leaders of the teams are made up of the best wrestlers in the nine villages.
(b) The wealthiest men from each of the nine villages.
(c) Men chosen by the elders from each of the nine villages.
(d) Men elected in each of the nine villages.
4. What is the name all children of the clan except Ezinma call their mothers?
5. Why do the people say "Mother is Supreme" when the man is the head of the family and his wives and children are obedient to him?
(a) When a man is sorrowful and bitter, he seeks refuge in his motherland because his mother is there to protect him. It is where she is buried.
(b) They believe in the very first mother of all men, giving life to all the men who came after.
(c) They are referring to Mother Earth and how she is fertile for the yams.
(d) They are referring to the mother of all gods, guiding them to rule the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anasi is Nwakibie's first wife, which makes her the ruler over the other wives of Nwakibie. She is the only wife who can wear her husband's titles. Where are the titles worn on Anasi?
2. What is the only way a young man can build a barn of his own if his father has no yams?
3. What does Okagbue, the medicine man, dig up from under the orange tree that makes the people of the village believe that Ezinma will live to adulthood?
4. Which of the spectators of the wrestling match are allowed to sit around the huge circle of the wrestling ring?
5. What does the priestess do when she brings Ezinma out of Agbala's cave?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)