|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
(a) To show off the wealth of food
(b) To save kinsman from starving
(c) To gather under the moonlight
(d) Because it is good for kinsman to do so
2. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
(a) He is going to distribute all his yam seeds to the people.
(b) He is going to have a great feast.
(c) He is going to leave behind one of his wives to work for the rulers and elders.
(d) He is going to give the elders a bag of cowries.
3. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
(c) Ogbuefi Ezendu
4. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
(a) Four hundred yam seeds to sow in Okonkwo's old field, so he and his family will have food when they returned from exile
(b) bag of cowries to repay Obierika for the money he gave him through the years
(c) Money to build a obi for Okonkwo for when he and his family return
(d) Money to build two huts on Okonkwo's old compound where he and his family will live until he builds more
5. What is the tragedy that takes place during the final burial rites for Ezeudu while the cannon is shot and guns fired?
(a) Another elder of the clan dies in all the excitement.
(b) Ezeudu's wife stabs herself.
(c) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is killed when Okonkwo's gun explodes.
(d) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is shot in the arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
2. Why do the elders fear for the young people of the village?
3. What does the ekwe, a hollowed out wooden instrument and the blast of the cannon signify to the nine villages of Umuofia?
4. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
5. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)