|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
(a) He hopes Nwoye would be a fair, just, and wise father and husband, showing kindness and love to his family.
(b) He wants Nwoye to be a great warrior with many heroic victories to his name.
(c) He wants Nwoye to be prosperous, that he will have enough to feed the ancestors with regular sacrifices, and he will be able to rule his women and children.
(d) He wants Nwoye to be a talented musician, performing at all the festivals in the nine villages.
2. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
(a) Roasted locusts and small wild birds
(b) Three goats, fowls, foo-foo, yam pottage, egusi soup, bitter-leaf soup, palm-wine and kola nuts
(c) Fish from the stream, and roasted locusts
(d) Yams wrapped in palm leaves and roasted with palm oil
3. Every man learns the language of the ekwe. How does the wooden instrument let the people know exactly who has died?
(a) First it announces the name of the clan, then it names the village, and finally it names the man.
(b) It only announces the name of the village.
(c) It spells out the letters in the name.
(d) It announces the name of the man over and over again.
4. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
(a) Money to build two huts on Okonkwo's old compound where he and his family will live until he builds more
(b) Four hundred yam seeds to sow in Okonkwo's old field, so he and his family will have food when they returned from exile
(c) Money to build a obi for Okonkwo for when he and his family return
(d) bag of cowries to repay Obierika for the money he gave him through the years
5. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
(a) They are drowned.
(b) They are placed in earthenware pots and thrown away in the forest.
(c) They are revered as sacred above all other infants.
(d) They are considered good luck and raised by the priestess of the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
2. Why can Ezeudu, the oldest man in his village, only be buried at night?
3. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
4. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
5. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)