|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every man learns the language of the ekwe. How does the wooden instrument let the people know exactly who has died?
(a) It only announces the name of the village.
(b) It spells out the letters in the name.
(c) It announces the name of the man over and over again.
(d) First it announces the name of the clan, then it names the village, and finally it names the man.
2. What descends on the land of Okonkwo, darkens the sky, settles on the rooftops, and breaks mighty tree branches under them?
(a) A flock of vultures
(b) The arrows of neighboring enemies
(c) The spirits of the clans ancestors
(d) A swarm of locusts
3. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
(a) To save kinsman from starving
(b) To show off the wealth of food
(c) Because it is good for kinsman to do so
(d) To gather under the moonlight
4. What is the tragedy that takes place during the final burial rites for Ezeudu while the cannon is shot and guns fired?
(a) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is shot in the arm.
(b) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is killed when Okonkwo's gun explodes.
(c) Ezeudu's wife stabs herself.
(d) Another elder of the clan dies in all the excitement.
5. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
(a) Yams wrapped in palm leaves and roasted with palm oil
(b) Roasted locusts and small wild birds
(c) Three goats, fowls, foo-foo, yam pottage, egusi soup, bitter-leaf soup, palm-wine and kola nuts
(d) Fish from the stream, and roasted locusts
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
2. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
3. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
4. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
5. Okonkwo is sitting in his obi with Ikemefuna and Nwoye, eating dried locusts when Ogbuefi Ezeudu comes with a message. What is the message?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)