|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tragedy that takes place during the final burial rites for Ezeudu while the cannon is shot and guns fired?
(a) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is shot in the arm.
(b) Ezeudu's wife stabs herself.
(c) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is killed when Okonkwo's gun explodes.
(d) Another elder of the clan dies in all the excitement.
2. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
(a) Money to build a obi for Okonkwo for when he and his family return
(b) bag of cowries to repay Obierika for the money he gave him through the years
(c) Money to build two huts on Okonkwo's old compound where he and his family will live until he builds more
(d) Four hundred yam seeds to sow in Okonkwo's old field, so he and his family will have food when they returned from exile
3. Why do the elders fear for the young people of the village?
(a) They do not understand the bond of kinship.
(b) They are poor farmers.
(c) They are unwilling to hunt.
(d) They follow the old ways instead of the new religion.
4. Every man learns the language of the ekwe. How does the wooden instrument let the people know exactly who has died?
(a) First it announces the name of the clan, then it names the village, and finally it names the man.
(b) It announces the name of the man over and over again.
(c) It only announces the name of the village.
(d) It spells out the letters in the name.
5. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
(a) Because it is good for kinsman to do so
(b) To show off the wealth of food
(c) To save kinsman from starving
(d) To gather under the moonlight
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
2. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
3. Why can Ezeudu, the oldest man in his village, only be buried at night?
4. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
5. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)