|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tragedy that takes place during the final burial rites for Ezeudu while the cannon is shot and guns fired?
(a) Ezeudu's wife stabs herself.
(b) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is killed when Okonkwo's gun explodes.
(c) Another elder of the clan dies in all the excitement.
(d) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is shot in the arm.
2. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
(a) He hopes Nwoye would be a fair, just, and wise father and husband, showing kindness and love to his family.
(b) He wants Nwoye to be prosperous, that he will have enough to feed the ancestors with regular sacrifices, and he will be able to rule his women and children.
(c) He wants Nwoye to be a great warrior with many heroic victories to his name.
(d) He wants Nwoye to be a talented musician, performing at all the festivals in the nine villages.
3. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
(a) To show off the wealth of food
(b) To gather under the moonlight
(c) To save kinsman from starving
(d) Because it is good for kinsman to do so
4. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
(a) He is going to have a great feast.
(b) He is going to distribute all his yam seeds to the people.
(c) He is going to leave behind one of his wives to work for the rulers and elders.
(d) He is going to give the elders a bag of cowries.
5. Why do the elders fear for the young people of the village?
(a) They are poor farmers.
(b) They do not understand the bond of kinship.
(c) They follow the old ways instead of the new religion.
(d) They are unwilling to hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
2. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
3. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
4. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
5. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)