|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
(a) They are placed in earthenware pots and thrown away in the forest.
(b) They are drowned.
(c) They are considered good luck and raised by the priestess of the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves.
(d) They are revered as sacred above all other infants.
2. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
3. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
(a) One of Okonkwo's sons is to be offered as sacrifice.
(b) Beheading and disgrace.
(c) All of Okonkwo's sons are to be executed.
(d) He and his wives and children have to flee the land.
4. Why do the elders fear for the young people of the village?
(a) They are poor farmers.
(b) They do not understand the bond of kinship.
(c) They follow the old ways instead of the new religion.
(d) They are unwilling to hunt.
5. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
(a) He is going to give the elders a bag of cowries.
(b) He is going to leave behind one of his wives to work for the rulers and elders.
(c) He is going to have a great feast.
(d) He is going to distribute all his yam seeds to the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
2. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
3. What does the ekwe, a hollowed out wooden instrument and the blast of the cannon signify to the nine villages of Umuofia?
4. Every man learns the language of the ekwe. How does the wooden instrument let the people know exactly who has died?
5. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)