|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
(a) He and his wives and children have to flee the land.
(b) Beheading and disgrace.
(c) All of Okonkwo's sons are to be executed.
(d) One of Okonkwo's sons is to be offered as sacrifice.
2. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
(c) Ogbuefi Ezendu
3. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
(a) They are placed in earthenware pots and thrown away in the forest.
(b) They are revered as sacred above all other infants.
(c) They are drowned.
(d) They are considered good luck and raised by the priestess of the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves.
4. What is the tragedy that takes place during the final burial rites for Ezeudu while the cannon is shot and guns fired?
(a) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is killed when Okonkwo's gun explodes.
(b) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is shot in the arm.
(c) Ezeudu's wife stabs herself.
(d) Another elder of the clan dies in all the excitement.
5. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
(a) He is going to distribute all his yam seeds to the people.
(b) He is going to give the elders a bag of cowries.
(c) He is going to have a great feast.
(d) He is going to leave behind one of his wives to work for the rulers and elders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ekwe, a hollowed out wooden instrument and the blast of the cannon signify to the nine villages of Umuofia?
2. Okonkwo is sitting in his obi with Ikemefuna and Nwoye, eating dried locusts when Ogbuefi Ezeudu comes with a message. What is the message?
3. Why do the elders fear for the young people of the village?
4. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
5. What descends on the land of Okonkwo, darkens the sky, settles on the rooftops, and breaks mighty tree branches under them?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)