|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Ezeudu, the oldest man in his village, only be buried at night?
(a) The spirits announce that he has to be buried at night.
(b) The oldest man of the village is always buried after dark.
(c) It is believed being buried at night will bring the dead man closer to his ancestors.
(d) He is a noble warrior with three titles to his name. A man who took titles can only be buried after dark.
2. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
(a) He hopes Nwoye would be a fair, just, and wise father and husband, showing kindness and love to his family.
(b) He wants Nwoye to be a great warrior with many heroic victories to his name.
(c) He wants Nwoye to be a talented musician, performing at all the festivals in the nine villages.
(d) He wants Nwoye to be prosperous, that he will have enough to feed the ancestors with regular sacrifices, and he will be able to rule his women and children.
3. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
(a) He is going to leave behind one of his wives to work for the rulers and elders.
(b) He is going to give the elders a bag of cowries.
(c) He is going to distribute all his yam seeds to the people.
(d) He is going to have a great feast.
4. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
(a) That he is free to go.
(b) That he is being killed.
(c) That he is going home.
(d) That he is being exiled.
5. Why do the elders fear for the young people of the village?
(a) They are poor farmers.
(b) They follow the old ways instead of the new religion.
(c) They are unwilling to hunt.
(d) They do not understand the bond of kinship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
2. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
3. What is the tragedy that takes place during the final burial rites for Ezeudu while the cannon is shot and guns fired?
4. Okonkwo is sitting in his obi with Ikemefuna and Nwoye, eating dried locusts when Ogbuefi Ezeudu comes with a message. What is the message?
5. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)