|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
(a) That he is being killed.
(b) That he is being exiled.
(c) That he is free to go.
(d) That he is going home.
2. Every man learns the language of the ekwe. How does the wooden instrument let the people know exactly who has died?
(a) It spells out the letters in the name.
(b) It announces the name of the man over and over again.
(c) It only announces the name of the village.
(d) First it announces the name of the clan, then it names the village, and finally it names the man.
3. What descends on the land of Okonkwo, darkens the sky, settles on the rooftops, and breaks mighty tree branches under them?
(a) A swarm of locusts
(b) A flock of vultures
(c) The arrows of neighboring enemies
(d) The spirits of the clans ancestors
4. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
(a) He hopes Nwoye would be a fair, just, and wise father and husband, showing kindness and love to his family.
(b) He wants Nwoye to be prosperous, that he will have enough to feed the ancestors with regular sacrifices, and he will be able to rule his women and children.
(c) He wants Nwoye to be a great warrior with many heroic victories to his name.
(d) He wants Nwoye to be a talented musician, performing at all the festivals in the nine villages.
5. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
(a) He and his wives and children have to flee the land.
(b) One of Okonkwo's sons is to be offered as sacrifice.
(c) All of Okonkwo's sons are to be executed.
(d) Beheading and disgrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
2. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
3. Why do the elders fear for the young people of the village?
4. Okonkwo is sitting in his obi with Ikemefuna and Nwoye, eating dried locusts when Ogbuefi Ezeudu comes with a message. What is the message?
5. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)