|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Ezeudu, the oldest man in his village, only be buried at night?
(a) The oldest man of the village is always buried after dark.
(b) He is a noble warrior with three titles to his name. A man who took titles can only be buried after dark.
(c) The spirits announce that he has to be buried at night.
(d) It is believed being buried at night will bring the dead man closer to his ancestors.
2. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
(a) They are considered good luck and raised by the priestess of the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves.
(b) They are revered as sacred above all other infants.
(c) They are placed in earthenware pots and thrown away in the forest.
(d) They are drowned.
3. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
(a) That he is being exiled.
(b) That he is free to go.
(c) That he is going home.
(d) That he is being killed.
4. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
(a) bag of cowries to repay Obierika for the money he gave him through the years
(b) Money to build two huts on Okonkwo's old compound where he and his family will live until he builds more
(c) Money to build a obi for Okonkwo for when he and his family return
(d) Four hundred yam seeds to sow in Okonkwo's old field, so he and his family will have food when they returned from exile
5. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
(a) Because it is good for kinsman to do so
(b) To save kinsman from starving
(c) To show off the wealth of food
(d) To gather under the moonlight
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
2. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
3. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
4. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
5. What is the tragedy that takes place during the final burial rites for Ezeudu while the cannon is shot and guns fired?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)