|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
(a) To gather under the moonlight
(b) Because it is good for kinsman to do so
(c) To save kinsman from starving
(d) To show off the wealth of food
2. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
(a) Yams wrapped in palm leaves and roasted with palm oil
(b) Three goats, fowls, foo-foo, yam pottage, egusi soup, bitter-leaf soup, palm-wine and kola nuts
(c) Fish from the stream, and roasted locusts
(d) Roasted locusts and small wild birds
3. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
(a) They shake every tree with a long stick, bend down to cut the stem, and dig out the tuber.
(b) They pick the cassava off the tops of the trees.
(c) The shake the tree, and the cassava fall to the ground.
(d) They cut the cassava off the trees with machetes.
4. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
(a) bag of cowries to repay Obierika for the money he gave him through the years
(b) Money to build a obi for Okonkwo for when he and his family return
(c) Money to build two huts on Okonkwo's old compound where he and his family will live until he builds more
(d) Four hundred yam seeds to sow in Okonkwo's old field, so he and his family will have food when they returned from exile
5. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
(a) He wants Nwoye to be a talented musician, performing at all the festivals in the nine villages.
(b) He wants Nwoye to be a great warrior with many heroic victories to his name.
(c) He hopes Nwoye would be a fair, just, and wise father and husband, showing kindness and love to his family.
(d) He wants Nwoye to be prosperous, that he will have enough to feed the ancestors with regular sacrifices, and he will be able to rule his women and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
2. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
3. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
4. Why do the elders fear for the young people of the village?
5. Okonkwo is sitting in his obi with Ikemefuna and Nwoye, eating dried locusts when Ogbuefi Ezeudu comes with a message. What is the message?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)