|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tragedy that takes place during the final burial rites for Ezeudu while the cannon is shot and guns fired?
(a) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is shot in the arm.
(b) Ezeudu's wife stabs herself.
(c) Another elder of the clan dies in all the excitement.
(d) Ezeudu's sixteen-year-old son is killed when Okonkwo's gun explodes.
2. What does the ekwe, a hollowed out wooden instrument and the blast of the cannon signify to the nine villages of Umuofia?
(a) The death of a man
(b) The beginning of war
(c) The birth of a child
(d) The beginning of a festival
3. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
(a) Because it is good for kinsman to do so
(b) To save kinsman from starving
(c) To gather under the moonlight
(d) To show off the wealth of food
4. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
(a) He wants Nwoye to be a talented musician, performing at all the festivals in the nine villages.
(b) He hopes Nwoye would be a fair, just, and wise father and husband, showing kindness and love to his family.
(c) He wants Nwoye to be a great warrior with many heroic victories to his name.
(d) He wants Nwoye to be prosperous, that he will have enough to feed the ancestors with regular sacrifices, and he will be able to rule his women and children.
5. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
(a) Money to build two huts on Okonkwo's old compound where he and his family will live until he builds more
(b) Four hundred yam seeds to sow in Okonkwo's old field, so he and his family will have food when they returned from exile
(c) Money to build a obi for Okonkwo for when he and his family return
(d) bag of cowries to repay Obierika for the money he gave him through the years
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Ezeudu, the oldest man in his village, only be buried at night?
2. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
3. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
4. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
5. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)