|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ekwe, a hollowed out wooden instrument and the blast of the cannon signify to the nine villages of Umuofia?
(a) The birth of a child
(b) The beginning of war
(c) The death of a man
(d) The beginning of a festival
2. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
(a) To gather under the moonlight
(b) To save kinsman from starving
(c) Because it is good for kinsman to do so
(d) To show off the wealth of food
3. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
(a) Money to build a obi for Okonkwo for when he and his family return
(b) Money to build two huts on Okonkwo's old compound where he and his family will live until he builds more
(c) bag of cowries to repay Obierika for the money he gave him through the years
(d) Four hundred yam seeds to sow in Okonkwo's old field, so he and his family will have food when they returned from exile
4. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
(a) Roasted locusts and small wild birds
(b) Yams wrapped in palm leaves and roasted with palm oil
(c) Fish from the stream, and roasted locusts
(d) Three goats, fowls, foo-foo, yam pottage, egusi soup, bitter-leaf soup, palm-wine and kola nuts
5. Why can Ezeudu, the oldest man in his village, only be buried at night?
(a) The oldest man of the village is always buried after dark.
(b) It is believed being buried at night will bring the dead man closer to his ancestors.
(c) He is a noble warrior with three titles to his name. A man who took titles can only be buried after dark.
(d) The spirits announce that he has to be buried at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
2. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
3. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
4. What is the tragedy that takes place during the final burial rites for Ezeudu while the cannon is shot and guns fired?
5. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)