|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
(a) Ogbuefi Ezendu
2. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
(a) Money to build a obi for Okonkwo for when he and his family return
(b) bag of cowries to repay Obierika for the money he gave him through the years
(c) Money to build two huts on Okonkwo's old compound where he and his family will live until he builds more
(d) Four hundred yam seeds to sow in Okonkwo's old field, so he and his family will have food when they returned from exile
3. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
(a) They shake every tree with a long stick, bend down to cut the stem, and dig out the tuber.
(b) They pick the cassava off the tops of the trees.
(c) They cut the cassava off the trees with machetes.
(d) The shake the tree, and the cassava fall to the ground.
4. What descends on the land of Okonkwo, darkens the sky, settles on the rooftops, and breaks mighty tree branches under them?
(a) The arrows of neighboring enemies
(b) A flock of vultures
(c) The spirits of the clans ancestors
(d) A swarm of locusts
5. What does the ekwe, a hollowed out wooden instrument and the blast of the cannon signify to the nine villages of Umuofia?
(a) The birth of a child
(b) The death of a man
(c) The beginning of war
(d) The beginning of a festival
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
2. What hopes does Okonkwo have for his son, Nwoye's , future?
3. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
4. Okonkwo is sitting in his obi with Ikemefuna and Nwoye, eating dried locusts when Ogbuefi Ezeudu comes with a message. What is the message?
5. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)