|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
(a) Fish from the stream, and roasted locusts
(b) Roasted locusts and small wild birds
(c) Three goats, fowls, foo-foo, yam pottage, egusi soup, bitter-leaf soup, palm-wine and kola nuts
(d) Yams wrapped in palm leaves and roasted with palm oil
2. How does Ekwefi and Ezinma harvest the cassava for the feast?
(a) They cut the cassava off the trees with machetes.
(b) They shake every tree with a long stick, bend down to cut the stem, and dig out the tuber.
(c) The shake the tree, and the cassava fall to the ground.
(d) They pick the cassava off the tops of the trees.
3. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
4. What does the ekwe, a hollowed out wooden instrument and the blast of the cannon signify to the nine villages of Umuofia?
(a) The beginning of a festival
(b) The beginning of war
(c) The death of a man
(d) The birth of a child
5. Every man learns the language of the ekwe. How does the wooden instrument let the people know exactly who has died?
(a) It spells out the letters in the name.
(b) It only announces the name of the village.
(c) First it announces the name of the clan, then it names the village, and finally it names the man.
(d) It announces the name of the man over and over again.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
2. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
3. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
4. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
5. What is Okonkwo's punishment for killing Ezeudu's son?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)