One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every man learns the language of the ekwe. How does the wooden instrument let the people know exactly who has died?
(a) It announces the name of the man over and over again.
(b) It spells out the letters in the name.
(c) It only announces the name of the village.
(d) First it announces the name of the clan, then it names the village, and finally it names the man.
2. How is Okonkwo going to thank his mother's people for helping him during his seven years in exile?
(a) He is going to give the elders a bag of cowries.
(b) He is going to have a great feast.
(c) He is going to leave behind one of his wives to work for the rulers and elders.
(d) He is going to distribute all his yam seeds to the people.
3. What does the oldest member of the clan say is the reason for gathering for Okonkwo's feast?
(a) To gather under the moonlight
(b) To show off the wealth of food
(c) Because it is good for kinsman to do so
(d) To save kinsman from starving
4. What does Okonkwo send to Obierika as he enters his final year of exile?
(a) Money to build two huts on Okonkwo's old compound where he and his family will live until he builds more
(b) bag of cowries to repay Obierika for the money he gave him through the years
(c) Money to build a obi for Okonkwo for when he and his family return
(d) Four hundred yam seeds to sow in Okonkwo's old field, so he and his family will have food when they returned from exile
5. What happens to twins born in Umuofia?
(a) They are revered as sacred above all other infants.
(b) They are considered good luck and raised by the priestess of the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves.
(c) They are drowned.
(d) They are placed in earthenware pots and thrown away in the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking with the elders of nine villages, what does Okonkwo tell Ikemefuna about what is going to happen to him?
2. Okonkwo and the men of Umuofia take Ikemefuna deep into the forest and kill him with machetes. Who gives the final thrust of the machete that ends Ikemefuna's life?
3. Why can Ezeudu, the oldest man in his village, only be buried at night?
4. What does Okonkwo serve at the feast for all the umunna, the descendants of Okolo?
5. What is the name of the man that the ekwe announces to Umuofia?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)