|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Coach Wooden start searching for his own definition of success?
2. What did Coach Wooden want his players to believe the worse punishment was?
3. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
4. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
5. Why did Coach Wooden like to have a different combination of players playing together during practice?
Essay Topic 1
Coach Wooden left his coaching temporarily to enlist in WWII.
Part 1) Describe what event caused Coach Wooden to voluntarily enlist in the military.
Part 2) Based on what you know about Coach Wooden, write about what kind of solider you think he would have been. Use specific examples from the book that describe his personality and character traits.
Essay Topic 2
Coach Wooden says that a player that gives his all have self-control, composure, and endurance. Write as if you were coaching a team. Describe what type of team it would be and how you would apply each of these three attributes in your coaching.
Essay Topic 3
In the book, the theme of unity on a team is repeated several times.
Part 1) Write about how Coach Wooden would build unity on his teams. Use specific examples from the book.
Part 2) Write about the benefits of learning unity and what other areas of life the lesson of unity can be applied to.
This section contains 1,391 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)