|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
2. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
3. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his ideas of success like many people urged him to do?
4. According to Coach Wooden, what is it possible for a player to gain?
5. What did Coach Wooden want his players to believe the worse punishment was?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Coach Wooden discussed many of his players and interactions he had with them. Choose three of Coach Wooden's players, discuss what you learned from them and give your opinion on how Coach Wooden influenced them.
Essay Topic 2
Coach Wooden had specific rules for both practices and games.
Part 1) Discuss how Coach Wooden ran practices including specific rules.
Part 2) Discuss how Coach ran games including specific rules.
Essay Topic 3
Coach Wooden says that his wife Nellie is one of his biggest inspirations. Use specific examples from the book to write about what why Coach and Nellie have a strong marriage. Describe specific instances when Nellie offered Coach inspiration.
This section contains 1,425 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)