|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many free throws did a player have to make at practice in order to play in the scrimmages?
2. While on vacation, what did Coach Wooden decide to give up for good?
3. What tournament did Coach Wooden lead his ISU players to?
4. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
5. In Coach Wooden's first year coaching at UCLA, how did the team do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the bad habit Coach Wooden had.
2. What were Coach Wooden feelings about assistant coaches?
3. How does Coach Wooden define success?
4. List some of the people who influenced Coach Wooden's life, according to Chapter 16.
5. What did Coach Wooden say he never wants his team to do during a game?
6. What is something Coach Wooden says he will never do. Why do you think he says this?
7. What kind of player was Sidney Wicks?
8. How did Jabbar's teammates feel about him?
9. Explain the comparison Coach talked about between players and doves.
10. Who was Lewis Alcindor and why was he important to the team?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Coach Wooden discussed many of his players and interactions he had with them. Choose three of Coach Wooden's players, discuss what you learned from them and give your opinion on how Coach Wooden influenced them.
Essay Topic 2
Coach Wooden describes one of the most gratifying moment of his career as being when a reporter asks one of his player about racial issues on the team and the players responds by saying, "Coach doesn't see color."
Part 1) Explain what the player meant by this statement.
Part 2) Give specific examples from the book that prove this statement to be true.
Part 3) Write why you think Coach referred to this as one of the most gratifying moments of his career.
Essay Topic 3
Coach Wooden discussed many people that were good at recruiting for UCLA.
Write about the different people who Coach thought were good at recruiting and why.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)