|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Coach Wooden start searching for his own definition of success?
2. What did Coach Wooden want his players to believe the worse punishment was?
3. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
4. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
5. Why did Coach Wooden like to have a different combination of players playing together during practice?
Essay Topic 1
Coach Wooden takes about how the coach/player relationship becomes like a father/son relationship. Compare and contrast the relationship between a coach and a player and a father and son. Give examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Several times in They Call Me Coach, Coach Wooden discusses events in his childhood and teenager years, as well as how these events influence his life.
Part 1) Discuss how positive events in someone's childhood can influence them both positively and negatively.
Part 2) Discuss how negative events in someone's childhood can influence them both positively and negatively.
As you write each part, use examples from Coach's childhood and/or teenage years to explain your point.
Essay Topic 3
Coach Wooden received many honors towards the end of his career.
Part 1) Describe the honors that Coach Wooden receives and give your opinion as to whether or not he deserved those honors.
Part 2) Write about what it means to be "basketball coach emeritus at UCLA."
This section contains 1,391 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)