|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Coach Wooden's first year coaching at UCLA, how did the team do?
2. From whom did Coach Wooden learn his managerial skills?
3. What did Coach Wooden do six or seven times over his career at UCLA?
4. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
5. In order for players to give their best, Coach says they must be composed, self-controlled, and have what?
Essay Topic 1
There are several occasions in the book where Coach Wooden discusses removing players from a game or practice for different reasons.
Part 1) Compare the different occasions and reasons. How are they similar? How are they different?
Part 2) Do you think Coach was right or wrong in each of these occasions. Why?
Part 3) Do Coach's decisions make the players better players? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Coach Wooden's father gave him a note for his elementary school graduation with advice about life. Coach Wooden said that he decided to live his life according to the advice in the note and kept it in his wallet his whole life. Choose several of the points in the note and write about how Coach Wooden applied each of the points to his life. Use specific examples from the book to support what you write.
Essay Topic 3
Coach Wooden received many honors towards the end of his career.
Part 1) Describe the honors that Coach Wooden receives and give your opinion as to whether or not he deserved those honors.
Part 2) Write about what it means to be "basketball coach emeritus at UCLA."
This section contains 1,379 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)