|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Coach Wooden have the worse record of his career?
2. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
3. Why was Kareem the only player allowed to rest in the training room from time to time during practice?
4. In a game, what did Coach Wooden never want his team to do first?
5. What did Coach Wooden abandon when he realized it does not influence the players?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his Pyramid of Success for money?
2. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
3. What kind of player was Sidney Wicks?
4. What were Coach Wooden feelings about assistant coaches?
5. What is something Coach Wooden says he will never do. Why do you think he says this?
6. What was Coach Wooden's advice to his team concerning the outcome of a game?
7. When did Coach Wooden do most of his talking with his players?
8. Discuss the bad habit Coach Wooden had.
9. Explain the importance of socks and shoes according to Coach Wooden.
10. Who was Lewis Alcindor and why was he important to the team?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Coach Wooden discussed many of his players and interactions he had with them. Choose three of Coach Wooden's players, discuss what you learned from them and give your opinion on how Coach Wooden influenced them.
Essay Topic 2
Coach Wooden develops what he calls "John Wooden's Pyramid of Success." Complete the following.
1) Write about the levels of John Wooden's Pyramid of Success and how they can be applied to someone's life.
2) Write about each level and include one example from Coach's life where he applied the level.
Essay Topic 3
Coach Wooden had two sides to his coaching. One side is practical, such as instructing the students in how to put on socks, the other side is mental, such as teaching them to not show emotion if they win or lose. Write about both sides of Coach Wooden's coaching using specific examples from the book.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)