|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coach Wooden disagreed with coaches who told their players to...?
2. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
3. In what year did UCLA win their first NCAA championship?
4. Coach Wooden's pastor used to be his what?
5. If Coach Wooden's players lost, what were they not allowed to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Coach Wooden feelings about assistant coaches?
2. How did Coach Wooden's religion influence his coaching?
3. When did Coach Wooden do most of his talking with his players?
4. What kind of player was Sidney Wicks?
5. List some of the people who influenced Coach Wooden's life, according to Chapter 16.
6. In Chapter 17, Coach Wooden says, "failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." Explain what he means by this.
7. How did Jabbar's teammates feel about him?
8. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
9. Explain Coach Wooden's haircut rule.
10. How does Coach Wooden define success?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Coach Wooden describes one of the most gratifying moment of his career as being when a reporter asks one of his player about racial issues on the team and the players responds by saying, "Coach doesn't see color."
Part 1) Explain what the player meant by this statement.
Part 2) Give specific examples from the book that prove this statement to be true.
Part 3) Write why you think Coach referred to this as one of the most gratifying moments of his career.
Essay Topic 2
Coach Wooden says that a player that gives his all have self-control, composure, and endurance. Write as if you were coaching a team. Describe what type of team it would be and how you would apply each of these three attributes in your coaching.
Essay Topic 3
Coach Wooden had specific rules for both practices and games.
Part 1) Discuss how Coach Wooden ran practices including specific rules.
Part 2) Discuss how Coach ran games including specific rules.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)