Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Coach Wooden start searching for his own definition of success?
2. What did Coach Wooden want his players to believe the worse punishment was?
3. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
4. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
5. Why did Coach Wooden like to have a different combination of players playing together during practice?
Essay Topic 1
Coach Wooden discusses talent, fame, and conceit. He describes how each one of these can be a part of a player's life.
Part 1) Write about talent. Where does it come from? What is the responsibility of someone with their talent?
Part 2) Write about fame. Where does it come from? What types of things do famous people deal with?
Part 3) Write about conceit. What causes conceit? How can it damage a person? How can conceit be controlled or changed?
Essay Topic 2
In the book, the theme of unity on a team is repeated several times.
Part 1) Write about how Coach Wooden would build unity on his teams. Use specific examples from the book.
Part 2) Write about the benefits of learning unity and what other areas of life the lesson of unity can be applied to.
Essay Topic 3
Coach Wooden discussed many people that were good at recruiting for UCLA.
Write about the different people who Coach thought were good at recruiting and why.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)