Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Coach Wooden start searching for his own definition of success?
2. What did Coach Wooden want his players to believe the worse punishment was?
3. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
4. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
5. Why did Coach Wooden like to have a different combination of players playing together during practice?
Essay Topic 1
Coach Wooden discussed many people that were good at recruiting for UCLA.
Write about the different people who Coach thought were good at recruiting and why.
Essay Topic 2
Coach Wooden discusses talent, fame, and conceit. He describes how each one of these can be a part of a player's life.
Part 1) Write about talent. Where does it come from? What is the responsibility of someone with their talent?
Part 2) Write about fame. Where does it come from? What types of things do famous people deal with?
Part 3) Write about conceit. What causes conceit? How can it damage a person? How can conceit be controlled or changed?
Essay Topic 3
Coach Wooden says that his wife Nellie is one of his biggest inspirations. Use specific examples from the book to write about what why Coach and Nellie have a strong marriage. Describe specific instances when Nellie offered Coach inspiration.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)