|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Coach Wooden, what was the one thing that was holding back his UCLA team?
2. When did Coach Wooden start searching for his own definition of success?
3. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
4. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
5. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
Essay Topic 1
Coach Wooden discussed many of his players and interactions he had with them. Choose three of Coach Wooden's players, discuss what you learned from them and give your opinion on how Coach Wooden influenced them.
Essay Topic 2
Coach Wooden discusses the theme of race many times, especially during the years that Kareem Abdul Jabbar played on his team.
Part 1) Write about some of the specific stories Coach shares in the book concerning race.
Part 2) Write about how Coach deals with racial issues from the public about his team.
Essay Topic 3
In the book, the theme of unity on a team is repeated several times.
Part 1) Write about how Coach Wooden would build unity on his teams. Use specific examples from the book.
Part 2) Write about the benefits of learning unity and what other areas of life the lesson of unity can be applied to.
This section contains 1,394 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)