Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Coach Wooden start searching for his own definition of success?
2. What did Coach Wooden want his players to believe the worse punishment was?
3. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
4. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
5. Why did Coach Wooden like to have a different combination of players playing together during practice?
Essay Topic 1
Coach Wooden describes the importance of being a role model for young people. He uses this idea many times in his coaching.
Part 1) Write a brief description of what it means to be a role model.
Part 2) Write about times when Coach Wooden was a good role model. Use examples from the book.
Part 3) Write about times when Coach Wooden was not a good role model. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Coach Wooden develops what he calls "John Wooden's Pyramid of Success." Complete the following.
1) Write about the levels of John Wooden's Pyramid of Success and how they can be applied to someone's life.
2) Write about each level and include one example from Coach's life where he applied the level.
Essay Topic 3
Coach Wooden describes one of the most gratifying moment of his career as being when a reporter asks one of his player about racial issues on the team and the players responds by saying, "Coach doesn't see color."
Part 1) Explain what the player meant by this statement.
Part 2) Give specific examples from the book that prove this statement to be true.
Part 3) Write why you think Coach referred to this as one of the most gratifying moments of his career.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)