|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major change did Coach Wooden make in his practices that improved the team's NCAA finals.?
(a) Letting players run some practices.
(b) Adding more scrimmages.
(c) Allowing more team members to play together.
(d) Shortening the length of practices.
2. Why were Kareem's teammates jealous of him?
(a) He scored most of the points during games.
(b) Coach Wooden said he was his favorite player.
(c) People wanted his autograph.
(d) He came from a wealthy family.
3. From whom did Coach Wooden learn his managerial skills?
(a) Frank Leahy.
(c) His father.
(d) Walter Alston.
4. Why did Coach Wooden say that assistant coaches are so important?
(a) They worked more for the love of the game then for money.
(b) They were players themselves not too long ago.
(c) They spend more one-on-one time with the players.
(d) They were another set of eyes.
5. In a game, what did Coach Wooden never want his team to do first?
(a) Make a foul.
(c) Call a time out.
(d) Make a three point throw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden develop to teach his ideas of success?
2. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
3. Coach Wooden disagreed with coaches who told their players to...?
4. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
5. What did players often come to Coach Wooden wearing that were too big?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 14, what was important to the Wooden Family?
2. When did Coach Wooden do most of his talking with his players?
3. How did Coach Wooden end up teaching at UCLA?
4. What did Coach Wooden say he never wants his team to do during a game?
5. Who was Lewis Alcindor and why was he important to the team?
6. What was Coach Wooden's advice to his team concerning the outcome of a game?
7. How does Coach Wooden define success?
8. In Chapter 17, Coach Wooden says, "failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." Explain what he means by this.
9. What is something Coach Wooden says he will never do. Why do you think he says this?
10. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)