|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order for players to give their best, Coach says they must be composed, self-controlled, and have what?
2. Coach Wooden's pastor used to be his what?
(a) Player at ISU.
(b) Teammate at Purdue.
(c) Player at South Bend.
(d) Classmate in Martinsville.
3. After Kareem and several other superstars graduated, what did Coach Wooden want his team to become?
(a) An even greater team.
(b) Another superstar team.
(c) A more competitive team.
(d) A normal college basketball team.
4. Why were Kareem's teammates jealous of him?
(a) Coach Wooden said he was his favorite player.
(b) He scored most of the points during games.
(c) He came from a wealthy family.
(d) People wanted his autograph.
5. What did Coach Wooden show his players how to do every year?
(a) Properly make a lay up.
(b) Properly put on socks.
(c) Properly encourage a teammate.
(d) Properly wear a jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden want his players to believe the worse punishment was?
2. According to Coach Wooden, what was the one thing that was holding back his UCLA team?
3. According to Coach Wooden, what is it possible for a player to gain?
4. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
5. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Coach Wooden define success?
2. What kind of player was Sidney Wicks?
3. How did Jabbar's teammates feel about him?
4. In Chapter 17, Coach Wooden says, "failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." Explain what he means by this.
5. When did Coach Wooden do most of his talking with his players?
6. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his Pyramid of Success for money?
7. Explain Coach Wooden's haircut rule.
8. Why did Coach Wooden want to leave UCLA, and why did he decide to stay?
9. How did Coach Wooden's religion influence his coaching?
10. Explain the comparison Coach talked about between players and doves.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)