|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coach Wooden believe is a great motivator?
2. After Kareem and several other superstars graduated, what did Coach Wooden want his team to become?
(a) A more competitive team.
(b) Another superstar team.
(c) An even greater team.
(d) A normal college basketball team.
3. Why was Kareem the only player allowed to rest in the training room from time to time during practice?
(a) He had young children at home that kept him up at night.
(b) He suffered from migraines.
(c) He needed therapy for a knee injury.
(d) He had a sleeping disorder.
4. In order for players to give their best, Coach says they must be composed, self-controlled, and have what?
5. When Kareem joined the team, what was Coach Wooden working towards?
(a) A second consecutive championship.
(b) The team's first championship.
(c) A fourth consecutive championship.
(d) A third consecutive championship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many titles did the team win while Kareem was a player?
2. Coach Wooden taught his players that basketball was...?
3. What gave Kareem vertical double vision during one game?
4. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
5. How did Coach Wooden always try to end practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jabbar's teammates feel about him?
2. Explain the comparison Coach talked about between players and doves.
3. What did Coach Wooden believe was a great motivator and how did he use this to help his team?
4. According to Coach Wooden, what type of player was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
5. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
6. List some of the people who influenced Coach Wooden's life, according to Chapter 16.
7. When did Coach Wooden do most of his talking with his players?
8. What were Coach Wooden feelings about assistant coaches?
9. Explain the importance of socks and shoes according to Coach Wooden.
10. Explain John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)