|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
(a) Who was your best player?
(b) What are your secrets to success?
(c) Who was your favorite player?
(d) How much money do you make?
2. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem have in addition to great basketball skills?
(a) A lot of money.
(b) A great sense of humor.
(d) People skills.
3. How many titles did the team win while Kareem was a player?
4. In a game, what did Coach Wooden never want his team to do first?
(b) Make a foul.
(c) Call a time out.
(d) Make a three point throw.
5. What place did Coach Wooden's team end up in the tournament in his second year as ISU?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Coach Wooden require his players to wear the same practice uniform every time they practiced?
2. Coach Wooden says that failure is not what?
3. Coach Wooden's pastor used to be his what?
4. What did Coach Wooden do six or seven times over his career at UCLA?
5. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Coach Wooden's haircut rule.
2. How did Jabbar's teammates feel about him?
3. Why did Coach Wooden take his team to the NAIA tournament his second year of coaching when he did not take them his first year?
4. Explain the importance of socks and shoes according to Coach Wooden.
5. What did Coach Wooden believe was a great motivator and how did he use this to help his team?
6. How did Coach Wooden end up teaching at UCLA?
7. According to Chapter 14, what was important to the Wooden Family?
8. In Chapter 17, Coach Wooden says, "failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." Explain what he means by this.
9. Why did Coach Wooden want to leave UCLA, and why did he decide to stay?
10. When did Coach Wooden do most of his talking with his players?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)