|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Kareem and several other superstars graduated, what did Coach Wooden want his team to become?
(a) A normal college basketball team.
(b) Another superstar team.
(c) A more competitive team.
(d) An even greater team.
2. Who did Coach Wooden say was one of his most successful players?
(a) Fred Slaughter.
(b) Kenny Washington.
(c) Walter Alston.
(d) Doug McIntosh.
3. As Coach Wooden's children grew up and had their own children, what did they make sure they still did?
(a) Eat dinner together every Friday.
(b) Spend Sunday afternoons together.
(c) Attend all their father's games.
(d) Get together for Christmas.
4. What was Coach Wooden most surprised about when he began coaching at UCLA?
(a) How horrible the team was.
(b) How big the fan base was.
(c) How much money the assistant coaches received.
(d) How many great players he had.
5. Which of the following is not a key concept in Coach Wooden's idea of success?
(a) Team spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
2. In what year did Kareem Abdul-Jabbar announce he would play for UCLA?
3. What college besides UCLA did Coach Wooden consider after coaching at ISU?
4. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem have in addition to great basketball skills?
5. How many titles did the team win while Kareem was a player?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the comparison Coach talked about between players and doves.
2. How did Jabbar's teammates feel about him?
3. What did Coach Wooden believe was a great motivator and how did he use this to help his team?
4. Explain the importance of socks and shoes according to Coach Wooden.
5. Explain Coach Wooden's haircut rule.
6. What did Coach Wooden say he never wants his team to do during a game?
7. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
8. How did Coach Wooden end up teaching at UCLA?
9. Explain John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
10. According to Coach Wooden, what type of player was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)