|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom did Coach Wooden learn his managerial skills?
(a) Walter Alston.
(b) Frank Leahy.
(c) His father.
2. Coach Wooden disagreed with coaches who told their players to...?
(a) Give 110%.
(b) Practice the night before a game.
(c) Not date during basketball season.
(d) Put basketball before studying.
3. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
(a) Poor choices.
(c) Wrong paths.
4. According to Coach Wooden, what is it possible for a player to gain?
(a) Four consecutive titles.
(b) A perfect foul shot record.
(c) A perfect practice record.
(d) Individual stardom and team success.
5. What was Coach Wooden most surprised about when he began coaching at UCLA?
(a) How much money the assistant coaches received.
(b) How big the fan base was.
(c) How many great players he had.
(d) How horrible the team was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coach Wooden believe is a great motivator?
2. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his ideas of success like many people urged him to do?
3. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
4. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
5. What did Coach Wooden abandon when he realized it does not influence the players?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Coach Wooden take his team to the NAIA tournament his second year of coaching when he did not take them his first year?
2. What was Coach Wooden's advice to his team concerning the outcome of a game?
3. What did Coach Wooden say he never wants his team to do during a game?
4. What did Coach Wooden believe was a great motivator and how did he use this to help his team?
5. According to Chapter 14, what was important to the Wooden Family?
6. According to Coach Wooden, what type of player was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
7. How did Jabbar deal with the treatment from the public?
8. Explain John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
9. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
10. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his Pyramid of Success for money?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)