|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Coach Wooden learn to treat his players from LA Dodgers manager Walter Alston?
(a) Like bears.
(b) Like scorpions.
(c) Like doves.
(d) Like lions.
2. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Six months.
3. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem personify?
4. Coach Wooden taught his players that basketball was...?
(a) The greatest sport.
(b) Going to change their lives forever.
(c) Not the most important thing in the world.
(d) The most important thing in the world.
5. When some players showed up clearly breaking the haircut rule, what did Coach Wooden do?
(a) Made fun of them.
(b) Required them to put their hair back during a game.
(c) Removed them from the team.
(d) Made them cut their hair in the training room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden say about new comer Sidney Wicks the first year he played?
2. Why did Coach Wooden require his players to wear the same practice uniform every time they practiced?
3. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
4. Instead of individuals or positions, what does Coach Wooden suggest his team members be?
5. In Coach Wooden's first year coaching at UCLA, how did the team do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Coach Wooden do most of his talking with his players?
2. Explain John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
3. In Chapter 17, Coach Wooden says, "failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." Explain what he means by this.
4. Why did Coach Wooden want to leave UCLA, and why did he decide to stay?
5. Who was Lewis Alcindor and why was he important to the team?
6. How did Coach Wooden end up teaching at UCLA?
7. List some of the people who influenced Coach Wooden's life, according to Chapter 16.
8. According to Coach Wooden, what type of player was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
9. Why did Coach Wooden take his team to the NAIA tournament his second year of coaching when he did not take them his first year?
10. What kind of player was Sidney Wicks?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)