|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Coach Wooden require his players to wear the same practice uniform every time they practiced?
(a) To easily set up scrimmage games.
(b) To decrease rivalry between teammates.
(c) To get used to playing in jerseys.
(d) To promote unity.
2. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
3. What was the given name of the player that would become known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
(a) Scott Burkholder.
(b) Walter Boyce.
(c) Lewis Alcindor.
(d) Billy Thomas.
4. If Coach Wooden's players lost, what were they not allowed to do?
(a) Be hard on themselves.
(b) Hang their heads.
(c) Leave the locker room until he spoke with them.
(d) Hug each other.
5. What gave Kareem vertical double vision during one game?
(a) A scratched eye.
(b) Wearing the wrong glasses.
(c) A medication he was taking.
(d) A slight concussion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state did Kareem come from in order to play for UCLA?
2. Why did Coach Wooden decide to stay at UCLA even after his contract expired?
3. Coach Wooden disagreed with coaches who told their players to...?
4. Coach Wooden believes that no coach should be trusted with the responsibility of a team unless he is what?
5. What college besides UCLA did Coach Wooden consider after coaching at ISU?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
2. What kind of player was Sidney Wicks?
3. According to Coach Wooden, what type of player was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
4. Explain the importance of socks and shoes according to Coach Wooden.
5. How did Jabbar deal with the treatment from the public?
6. Why did Coach Wooden want to leave UCLA, and why did he decide to stay?
7. How does Coach Wooden define success?
8. Explain the comparison Coach talked about between players and doves.
9. How did Coach Wooden's religion influence his coaching?
10. What did Coach Wooden believe was a great motivator and how did he use this to help his team?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)