|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Coach Wooden require his players to wear the same practice uniform every time they practiced?
(a) To decrease rivalry between teammates.
(b) To easily set up scrimmage games.
(c) To get used to playing in jerseys.
(d) To promote unity.
2. When did most of Coach Wooden's conversations with his players take place?
(a) During weekly team meetings.
(b) On the court during practice.
(c) In the locker room after a game.
(d) In the locker room during half time.
3. In order for players to give their best, Coach says they must be composed, self-controlled, and have what?
4. As Coach Wooden's children grew up and had their own children, what did they make sure they still did?
(a) Get together for Christmas.
(b) Attend all their father's games.
(c) Eat dinner together every Friday.
(d) Spend Sunday afternoons together.
5. Coach Wooden's pastor used to be his what?
(a) Player at South Bend.
(b) Teammate at Purdue.
(c) Classmate in Martinsville.
(d) Player at ISU.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
2. Why did Coach Wooden decide to stay at UCLA even after his contract expired?
3. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
4. Coach Wooden disagreed with coaches who told their players to...?
5. What were the facilities like at UCLA?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Coach Wooden define success?
2. Why did Coach Wooden take his team to the NAIA tournament his second year of coaching when he did not take them his first year?
3. Explain John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
4. List some of the people who influenced Coach Wooden's life, according to Chapter 16.
5. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
6. In Chapter 17, Coach Wooden says, "failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." Explain what he means by this.
7. According to Coach Wooden, what type of player was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
8. Explain the importance of socks and shoes according to Coach Wooden.
9. How did Jabbar deal with the treatment from the public?
10. How did Coach Wooden's religion influence his coaching?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)