|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Kareem the only player allowed to rest in the training room from time to time during practice?
(a) He suffered from migraines.
(b) He had young children at home that kept him up at night.
(c) He needed therapy for a knee injury.
(d) He had a sleeping disorder.
2. Coach Wooden teaches his players it isn't what you do, it's...?
(a) The way you do it.
(b) How much money you make.
(c) What you dream of doing.
(d) How you do it.
3. What tournament did Coach Wooden lead his ISU players to?
4. What place did Coach Wooden's team end up in the tournament in his second year as ISU?
5. In 1966, where did the UCLA team start playing?
(a) Wooden Hall.
(b) Pauley Pavilion.
(c) Cotter Gymnasium.
(d) UCLA Stadium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coach Wooden believes that no coach should be trusted with the responsibility of a team unless he is what?
2. What was the given name of the player that would become known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
3. When Kareem joined the team, what was Coach Wooden working towards?
4. Why did Coach Wooden decide to stay at UCLA even after his contract expired?
5. What gave Kareem vertical double vision during one game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his Pyramid of Success for money?
2. How did Jabbar's teammates feel about him?
3. How does Coach Wooden define success?
4. How did Coach Wooden end up teaching at UCLA?
5. What were Coach Wooden feelings about assistant coaches?
6. Explain John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
7. Explain Coach Wooden's haircut rule.
8. How did Jabbar deal with the treatment from the public?
9. Discuss the bad habit Coach Wooden had.
10. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)