|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1966, where did the UCLA team start playing?
(a) Cotter Gymnasium.
(b) Pauley Pavilion.
(c) Wooden Hall.
(d) UCLA Stadium.
2. In order for players to give their best, Coach says they must be composed, self-controlled, and have what?
3. Coach Wooden teaches his players it isn't what you do, it's...?
(a) What you dream of doing.
(b) How much money you make.
(c) The way you do it.
(d) How you do it.
4. Coach Wooden says that failure is not what?
(a) An option.
(d) The end.
5. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
(a) The NCAA Championship.
(b) The Big Five.
(c) The Final Four.
(d) The Big Ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the facilities like at UCLA?
2. Why did Coach Wooden like to have a different combination of players playing together during practice?
3. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
4. Why was Kareem the only player allowed to rest in the training room from time to time during practice?
5. What was Coach Wooden's job at First Christian Church in Santa Monica?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
2. How did Jabbar's teammates feel about him?
3. List some of the people who influenced Coach Wooden's life, according to Chapter 16.
4. According to Coach Wooden, what type of player was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
5. What did Coach Wooden say he never wants his team to do during a game?
6. Explain Coach Wooden's haircut rule.
7. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his Pyramid of Success for money?
8. In Chapter 17, Coach Wooden says, "failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." Explain what he means by this.
9. What kind of player was Sidney Wicks?
10. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)