|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) One year.
2. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
(a) The NCAA Championship.
(b) The Big Ten.
(c) The Big Five.
(d) The Final Four.
3. What was Coach Wooden most surprised about when he began coaching at UCLA?
(a) How horrible the team was.
(b) How big the fan base was.
(c) How much money the assistant coaches received.
(d) How many great players he had.
4. Coach Wooden disagreed with coaches who told their players to...?
(a) Give 110%.
(b) Practice the night before a game.
(c) Put basketball before studying.
(d) Not date during basketball season.
5. Why did Coach Wooden try to get out of his contract with UCLA?
(a) He did not like the other coaches.
(b) His family wanted to move back to Indiana.
(c) To accept a lucrative offer at Purdue.
(d) To accept a position as an assistant coach of a professional team.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Coach Wooden, what is it possible for a player to gain?
2. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
3. What did players often come to Coach Wooden wearing that were too big?
4. What did Coach Wooden learn from Notre Dame football coach Frank Leahy?
5. According to Coach Wooden, what was the one thing that was holding back his UCLA team?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is something Coach Wooden says he will never do. Why do you think he says this?
2. How did Coach Wooden end up teaching at UCLA?
3. What were Coach Wooden feelings about assistant coaches?
4. Why did Coach Wooden take his team to the NAIA tournament his second year of coaching when he did not take them his first year?
5. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
6. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his Pyramid of Success for money?
7. According to Coach Wooden, what type of player was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
8. Explain the comparison Coach talked about between players and doves.
9. How did Coach Wooden's religion influence his coaching?
10. Explain Coach Wooden's haircut rule.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)