|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the majority of games, what percentage did Kareem shoot?
2. What were the facilities like at UCLA?
(b) There were none.
(c) In poor condition.
(d) State of the art.
3. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his ideas of success like many people urged him to do?
(a) He wanted to use them solely for the teams he coached.
(b) He wanted to leave them to his children.
(c) He wanted them to be used as a teaching tool.
(d) He couldn't find a publisher.
4. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
5. How did Coach Wooden always try to end practice?
(a) On a happy note.
(b) With dribbling drills.
(c) With prayer.
(d) By blowing his game whistle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
2. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
3. Why did Coach Wooden say that assistant coaches are so important?
4. When did most of Coach Wooden's conversations with his players take place?
5. What gave Kareem vertical double vision during one game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
2. In Chapter 17, Coach Wooden says, "failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." Explain what he means by this.
3. How does Coach Wooden define success?
4. Explain Coach Wooden's haircut rule.
5. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
6. What did Coach Wooden say he never wants his team to do during a game?
7. How did Coach Wooden's religion influence his coaching?
8. Who was Lewis Alcindor and why was he important to the team?
9. Explain the importance of socks and shoes according to Coach Wooden.
10. When did Coach Wooden do most of his talking with his players?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)