|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem personify?
2. After Kareem and several other superstars graduated, what did Coach Wooden want his team to become?
(a) Another superstar team.
(b) An even greater team.
(c) A normal college basketball team.
(d) A more competitive team.
3. Why were Kareem's teammates jealous of him?
(a) People wanted his autograph.
(b) He came from a wealthy family.
(c) Coach Wooden said he was his favorite player.
(d) He scored most of the points during games.
4. In what year did UCLA win their first NCAA championship?
5. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
(a) Who was your best player?
(b) Who was your favorite player?
(c) How much money do you make?
(d) What are your secrets to success?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
2. What was Coach Wooden's job at First Christian Church in Santa Monica?
3. What were the facilities like at UCLA?
4. Why was Kareem the only player allowed to rest in the training room from time to time during practice?
5. How did Coach Wooden always try to end practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jabbar's teammates feel about him?
2. Explain the comparison Coach talked about between players and doves.
3. In Chapter 17, Coach Wooden says, "failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." Explain what he means by this.
4. What was Coach Wooden's advice to his team concerning the outcome of a game?
5. When did Coach Wooden do most of his talking with his players?
6. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
7. How does Coach Wooden define success?
8. List some of the people who influenced Coach Wooden's life, according to Chapter 16.
9. Explain Coach Wooden's haircut rule.
10. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his Pyramid of Success for money?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)