|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the given name of the player that would become known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
(a) Lewis Alcindor.
(b) Billy Thomas.
(c) Walter Boyce.
(d) Scott Burkholder.
2. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem personify?
3. Why did Coach Wooden like to have a different combination of players playing together during practice?
(a) So players would get over their prejudices.
(b) So players would become friends with each other.
(c) So players would be used to playing with each other during the game.
(d) So players appreciate team members.
4. When did most of Coach Wooden's conversations with his players take place?
(a) During weekly team meetings.
(b) In the locker room during half time.
(c) In the locker room after a game.
(d) On the court during practice.
5. In order for players to give their best, Coach says they must be composed, self-controlled, and have what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did players often come to Coach Wooden wearing that were too big?
2. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
3. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
4. According to Coach Wooden, what is it possible for a player to gain?
5. How did Coach Wooden learn to treat his players from LA Dodgers manager Walter Alston?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Coach Wooden's haircut rule.
2. According to Chapter 14, what was important to the Wooden Family?
3. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
4. How did Jabbar deal with the treatment from the public?
5. What was Coach Wooden's advice to his team concerning the outcome of a game?
6. What did Coach Wooden believe was a great motivator and how did he use this to help his team?
7. What is something Coach Wooden says he will never do. Why do you think he says this?
8. How does Coach Wooden define success?
9. In Chapter 17, Coach Wooden says, "failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." Explain what he means by this.
10. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his Pyramid of Success for money?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)