|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the given name of the player that would become known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
(a) Lewis Alcindor.
(b) Walter Boyce.
(c) Billy Thomas.
(d) Scott Burkholder.
2. When some players showed up clearly breaking the haircut rule, what did Coach Wooden do?
(a) Made fun of them.
(b) Made them cut their hair in the training room.
(c) Required them to put their hair back during a game.
(d) Removed them from the team.
3. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
(a) Shake hands with the other team.
(b) Keep control of their emotions.
(c) Wait in the locker room until Coach Wooden arrived.
(d) Come to practice the next day.
4. Which of the following is not a key concept in Coach Wooden's idea of success?
(d) Team spirit.
5. Why did Coach Wooden decide to go to the NAIA tournament his second year at ISU when he had refused his first year?
(a) Because he felt that his team was ready to win.
(b) Because his team begged him to let them attend.
(c) Because they now allowed both black and white players.
(d) Because Nellie pointed out that it would help his career.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Kareem's teammates jealous of him?
2. Coach Wooden emphasizes that players are only as good as their what?
3. Why did Coach Wooden require his players to wear the same practice uniform every time they practiced?
4. Why did Coach Wooden choose UCLA as the second college to coach at?
5. When did most of Coach Wooden's conversations with his players take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his Pyramid of Success for money?
2. When did Coach Wooden do most of his talking with his players?
3. What were Coach Wooden feelings about assistant coaches?
4. Explain the comparison Coach talked about between players and doves.
5. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
6. Who was Lewis Alcindor and why was he important to the team?
7. How did Coach Wooden end up teaching at UCLA?
8. What did Coach Wooden believe was a great motivator and how did he use this to help his team?
9. How did Jabbar's teammates feel about him?
10. How did Coach Wooden's religion influence his coaching?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)