|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coach Wooden says that failure is not what?
(b) The end.
(c) An option.
2. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
(a) Bill Russell.
(b) Oscar Robinson.
(c) Wilt Chamberlain.
(d) Walter Brown.
3. According to Coach Wooden, what is it possible for a player to gain?
(a) Four consecutive titles.
(b) A perfect foul shot record.
(c) Individual stardom and team success.
(d) A perfect practice record.
4. According to Coach Wooden, what was the one thing that was holding back his UCLA team?
(a) A good assistant coach.
(b) A good place to play.
(c) More money for training.
(d) A better recruiting system.
5. When did Coach Wooden start searching for his own definition of success?
(a) As a high school coach.
(b) In high school.
(c) As a young boy.
(d) As a college coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Coach Wooden require his players to wear the same practice uniform every time they practiced?
2. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
3. Which of the following is not a key concept in Coach Wooden's idea of success?
4. What gave Kareem vertical double vision during one game?
5. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden believe was a great motivator and how did he use this to help his team?
2. What was Coach Wooden's advice to his team concerning the outcome of a game?
3. What did Coach Wooden say he never wants his team to do during a game?
4. In Chapter 17, Coach Wooden says, "failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." Explain what he means by this.
5. Why did Coach Wooden take his team to the NAIA tournament his second year of coaching when he did not take them his first year?
6. Explain the comparison Coach talked about between players and doves.
7. What is something Coach Wooden says he will never do. Why do you think he says this?
8. How did Coach Wooden end up teaching at UCLA?
9. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
10. How did Jabbar deal with the treatment from the public?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)