|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
2. Why did Coach Wooden require his players to wear the same practice uniform every time they practiced?
(a) To promote unity.
(b) To decrease rivalry between teammates.
(c) To easily set up scrimmage games.
(d) To get used to playing in jerseys.
3. Why did Kareem get extra juice at breakfast when the other players did not?
(a) Because he was bigger.
(b) Because he didn't eat any food.
(c) Because he could not drink milk.
(d) Because he had a vitamin C deficiency.
4. Why did Coach Wooden say that assistant coaches are so important?
(a) They worked more for the love of the game then for money.
(b) They were players themselves not too long ago.
(c) They were another set of eyes.
(d) They spend more one-on-one time with the players.
5. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
(a) By half time.
(b) In the last five seconds.
(c) In the first quarter.
(d) In the first ten minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many free throws did a player have to make at practice in order to play in the scrimmages?
2. What did Coach Wooden show his players how to do every year?
3. How did Coach Wooden always try to end practice?
4. Which of the following is not a key concept in Coach Wooden's idea of success?
5. Why did Coach Wooden like to have a different combination of players playing together during practice?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)