|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coach Wooden says that failure is not what?
(a) The end.
(d) An option.
2. Why did Coach Wooden try to get out of his contract with UCLA?
(a) His family wanted to move back to Indiana.
(b) He did not like the other coaches.
(c) To accept a lucrative offer at Purdue.
(d) To accept a position as an assistant coach of a professional team.
3. In what year did Kareem Abdul-Jabbar announce he would play for UCLA?
4. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
(a) Come to practice the next day.
(b) Keep control of their emotions.
(c) Wait in the locker room until Coach Wooden arrived.
(d) Shake hands with the other team.
5. While on vacation, what did Coach Wooden decide to give up for good?
(c) Eating junk food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the facilities like at UCLA?
2. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
3. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
4. As Coach Wooden's children grew up and had their own children, what did they make sure they still did?
5. What did Coach Wooden learn from Notre Dame football coach Frank Leahy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Coach Wooden's religion influence his coaching?
2. What were Coach Wooden feelings about assistant coaches?
3. Why did Coach Wooden take his team to the NAIA tournament his second year of coaching when he did not take them his first year?
4. When did Coach Wooden do most of his talking with his players?
5. List some of the people who influenced Coach Wooden's life, according to Chapter 16.
6. What kind of player was Sidney Wicks?
7. What is something Coach Wooden says he will never do. Why do you think he says this?
8. According to Chapter 14, what was important to the Wooden Family?
9. How did Jabbar's teammates feel about him?
10. Why did Coach Wooden want to leave UCLA, and why did he decide to stay?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)