|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Coach Wooden have the worse record of his career?
(a) Dayton High School.
(b) Indiana State.
(c) South Bend High School.
2. What tournament did Coach Wooden lead his ISU players to?
3. What did players often come to Coach Wooden wearing that were too big?
4. Coach Wooden emphasizes that players are only as good as their what?
(a) Practice habits.
(c) Worse shot.
5. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
(a) Giving his team a curfew that was too late.
(b) Putting too much pressure on them.
(c) Working his team too much too early.
(d) Making them practice the day before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coach Wooden disagreed with coaches who told their players to...?
2. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
3. Who did Coach Wooden say was one of his most successful players?
4. What gave Kareem vertical double vision during one game?
5. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
2. How did Jabbar deal with the treatment from the public?
3. What did Coach Wooden say he never wants his team to do during a game?
4. Why did Coach Wooden take his team to the NAIA tournament his second year of coaching when he did not take them his first year?
5. Explain Coach Wooden's haircut rule.
6. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his Pyramid of Success for money?
7. What did Coach Wooden believe was a great motivator and how did he use this to help his team?
8. What is something Coach Wooden says he will never do. Why do you think he says this?
9. List some of the people who influenced Coach Wooden's life, according to Chapter 16.
10. According to Chapter 14, what was important to the Wooden Family?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)