|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
(a) In the last five seconds.
(b) In the first quarter.
(c) In the first ten minutes.
(d) By half time.
2. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
(a) What are your secrets to success?
(b) How much money do you make?
(c) Who was your best player?
(d) Who was your favorite player?
3. What was Coach Wooden's job at First Christian Church in Santa Monica?
(a) Assistant Pastor.
(b) Sunday School Teacher.
4. Coach Wooden disagreed with coaches who told their players to...?
(a) Practice the night before a game.
(b) Put basketball before studying.
(c) Not date during basketball season.
(d) Give 110%.
5. In a game, what did Coach Wooden never want his team to do first?
(a) Make a foul.
(b) Call a time out.
(c) Make a three point throw.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kareem joined the team, what was Coach Wooden working towards?
2. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
3. What were the facilities like at UCLA?
4. What does Coach Wooden believe is a great motivator?
5. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the importance of socks and shoes according to Coach Wooden.
2. How did Coach Wooden end up teaching at UCLA?
3. Why did Coach Wooden take his team to the NAIA tournament his second year of coaching when he did not take them his first year?
4. What was Coach Wooden's advice to his team concerning the outcome of a game?
5. How does Coach Wooden define success?
6. What is something Coach Wooden says he will never do. Why do you think he says this?
7. What did Coach Wooden believe was a great motivator and how did he use this to help his team?
8. Explain John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
9. How did Coach Wooden's religion influence his coaching?
10. Explain Coach Wooden's haircut rule.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)