|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Kareem's teammates jealous of him?
(a) People wanted his autograph.
(b) Coach Wooden said he was his favorite player.
(c) He scored most of the points during games.
(d) He came from a wealthy family.
2. What gave Kareem vertical double vision during one game?
(a) A scratched eye.
(b) A medication he was taking.
(c) A slight concussion.
(d) Wearing the wrong glasses.
3. According to Coach Wooden, what was the one thing that was holding back his UCLA team?
(a) A good assistant coach.
(b) More money for training.
(c) A better recruiting system.
(d) A good place to play.
4. Where did Coach Wooden have the worse record of his career?
(b) South Bend High School.
(c) Indiana State.
(d) Dayton High School.
5. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
(a) Consistent player.
(b) Super player.
(c) Great player.
(d) Boring player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of comments did Kareem receive from the press?
2. How many free throws did a player have to make at practice in order to play in the scrimmages?
3. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem personify?
4. When some players showed up clearly breaking the haircut rule, what did Coach Wooden do?
5. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
2. Explain the importance of socks and shoes according to Coach Wooden.
3. How does Coach Wooden define success?
4. Who was Lewis Alcindor and why was he important to the team?
5. Why did Coach Wooden want to leave UCLA, and why did he decide to stay?
6. What is something Coach Wooden says he will never do. Why do you think he says this?
7. Why did Coach Wooden take his team to the NAIA tournament his second year of coaching when he did not take them his first year?
8. What were Coach Wooden feelings about assistant coaches?
9. Explain John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
10. How did Coach Wooden end up teaching at UCLA?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)