|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Coach Wooden's first year coaching at UCLA, how did the team do?
(a) They made it to the local playoffs.
(b) They lost more games than they won.
(c) They made it to the national championships.
(d) They made it to the southern division finals.
2. Coach Wooden taught his players that basketball was...?
(a) Not the most important thing in the world.
(b) The most important thing in the world.
(c) Going to change their lives forever.
(d) The greatest sport.
3. What does Coach Wooden believe is a great motivator?
4. Where did Coach Wooden have the worse record of his career?
(a) Dayton High School.
(b) South Bend High School.
(d) Indiana State.
5. What is Coach Wooden's basic idea of success?
(a) Peace of mind in knowing you did your best.
(b) Earning enough money to do what you want in life.
(c) Doing better than you did in the past.
(d) Meeting all your predetermined goals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coach Wooden believes that no coach should be trusted with the responsibility of a team unless he is what?
2. If Coach Wooden's players lost, what were they not allowed to do?
3. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
4. What tournament did Coach Wooden lead his ISU players to?
5. In what year did UCLA win their first NCAA championship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the importance of socks and shoes according to Coach Wooden.
2. According to Chapter 14, what was important to the Wooden Family?
3. What is something Coach Wooden says he will never do. Why do you think he says this?
4. How does Coach Wooden define success?
5. Explain Coach Wooden's haircut rule.
6. List some of the people who influenced Coach Wooden's life, according to Chapter 16.
7. What was Coach Wooden's advice to his team concerning the outcome of a game?
8. Who was Lewis Alcindor and why was he important to the team?
9. How did Jabbar's teammates feel about him?
10. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his Pyramid of Success for money?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)