|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encouraged Coach Wooden to wait until after college to marry Nellie?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Nellie's mother.
(d) His coach.
2. In what year of Coach Wooden's college coaching experience, did his team win their conference title?
(a) His first year.
(b) His second year.
(c) His third year.
(d) His fifth year.
3. What did Wooden do after the war?
(a) Found a new job at a high school in Georgia.
(b) Returned to his old coaching position in South Bend.
(c) Stayed in the military, training men for battle.
(d) Played for a professional basketball team.
4. What incident caused Coach Wooden to refer to the coach/player relationship as a father/son relationship?
(a) Kicking a player off the team for having a bad attitude.
(b) Pulling a star player out of the championship game.
(c) Taking an injured player to the hospital.
(d) Watching his team lose the championship game.
5. Before his senior year, who was Wooden recruited by?
(c) University of Indiana.
(d) US Military Academy at West Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Coach Wooden enlist in the military?
2. What became known as Wooden's "good luck piece" during games at Purdue?
3. Why did Coach Wooden remove Walt Hazzard from several games?
4. In Chapter 1, who did Coach Wooden remove from the championship game because he was having an off night?
5. Where did Coach Wooden meet his future wife, Nellie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wooden's relationship with his high-school coach Glenn Curtis.
2. Did Fred Slaughter respect Coach Wooden?
3. Once enlisted in the military, what stopped Coach Wooden from serving overseas?
4. What is the meaning of this quote by Coach Wooden, "the true athlete should have character, not be a character"?
5. Describe Coach Wooden's team his first year at Indiana State University.
6. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's wedding.
7. Describe Keith Erickson.
8. In Chapter 8, Coach Wooden says that coaches can sometimes be subconsciously influenced by their players. What does he mean by this?
9. Explain what happened between Coach Wooden and one of his South Bend students named Eddie.
10. What caused Coach Wooden to enlist in the military?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)