|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first noticed Wooden's "good luck charm"?
(a) A recruiter.
(b) Coach Lambert.
(c) A sports reporter.
2. What does Wooden say that many coaches and players develop during their career?
(a) Family problems.
(c) Bad habits.
(d) Health problems.
3. In what year did Coach Wooden move back to Indiana?
4. Who does Coach Wooden refer to as a "team leader"?
(a) Fred Slaughter.
(b) Willie Haulls.
(c) Gail Goodrich.
(d) Walt Hazzard.
5. Who encouraged Coach Wooden to wait until after college to marry Nellie?
(a) His mother.
(b) Nellie's mother.
(c) His coach.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden's brother do to him as a child that make him very angry?
2. Who did Wooden replace as coach at Indiana State?
3. Where did Wooden attend college?
4. What part-time job did Wooden have when he started college?
5. How did Wooden feel about money as a high-school student?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happened between Coach Wooden and one of his South Bend students named Eddie.
2. Why didn't Coach Wooden remain a high-school basketball coach?
3. How did Coach Wooden come to have a "good luck charm"?
4. What is the meaning of this quote by Coach Wooden, "the true athlete should have character, not be a character"?
5. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's wedding.
6. Who was Lewis Alcindor and why was he important to the team?
7. What caused Coach Wooden to enlist in the military?
8. According to Chapter 14, what was important to the Wooden Family?
9. List some of the people who influenced Coach Wooden's life, according to Chapter 16.
10. Describe Wooden's relationship with his high-school coach Glenn Curtis.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)