|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of an incident between Coach Wooden and his brother as children, what did he vow never to do?
(c) Hurt someone's feelings.
(d) Get into a fight.
2. Where did Wooden attend college?
(b) University of Alabama.
(c) Indiana State.
3. How did Doug McIntosh feel when Coach Wooden pulled him from the championship game?
(a) He was depressed because his family came to watch him.
(b) He was angry because he didn't get to play.
(c) He was happy because the team won.
(d) He was mad at his fellow teammates.
4. Many of the players on Wooden's first college team has also been what?
(a) Married at a young age.
(b) Raised on a farm.
(c) Players on the college baseball team.
(d) Players on his high-school team.
5. Why did Coach Wooden's family move to Martinsville?
(a) Because they lost their farm.
(b) Because Coach Wooden wanted to play at a different high school.
(c) Because they found a bigger farm.
(d) Because Coach Wooden's dad got a new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, what did Coach Wooden stuff with rags to make a ball?
2. When the Wooden family moved to Martinsville, what did Coach Wooden's father do for a living?
3. Where did Coach Wooden meet his future wife, Nellie?
4. How did Wooden supplement his income?
5. What rank was Coach Wooden called to serve at once he enlisted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident in Chapter 2 between Coach Wooden and his brother and the impact it had on Coach.
2. Explain the offer Coach Wooden received between his junior and senior year at Purdue, including the outcome.
3. Why didn't Coach Wooden seek a career as a professional basketball player?
4. Describe Wooden's relationship with his high-school coach Glenn Curtis.
5. How did Coach Wooden feel about money?
6. Describe Keith Erickson.
7. Explain Coach Lambert's coaching philosophy.
8. Explain what happened between Coach Wooden and one of his South Bend students named Eddie.
9. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's relationship throughout their high-school years.
10. What caused Coach Wooden to enlist in the military?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)