|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Wooden supplement his income?
(a) By playing pro basketball on the weekends.
(b) By selling sports stories to the local newspaper.
(c) By waiting tables on the weekend.
(d) By running basketball training camps in the summer.
2. What does Wooden say that many coaches and players develop during their career?
(b) Family problems.
(c) Health problems.
(d) Bad habits.
3. Who did Wooden replace as coach at Indiana State?
(a) Glenn Curtis.
(b) Kenny Washington.
(c) Doug McIntosh.
(d) Fred Slaughter.
4. When Coach Wooden describes himself and Nellie, what does he say?
(a) She likes outdoor activities, and he likes to stay inside.
(b) She is loud and he is quiet.
(c) She is shy, and he is talkative.
(d) She is full of personality and he is shy.
5. Where was Wooden's first high-school coaching job?
(a) Springfield High School.
(b) South Bend High School.
(c) Dayton High School.
(d) Martinsville High School.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Coach Wooden's first college coaching job?
2. How did Wooden feel about money as a high-school student?
3. Who was the talented leader of the UCLA team's defense?
4. At his first high-school coaching job, what was Coach Wooden's salary?
5. What coaching concept applied by Coach Curtis did Coach Wooden disagree with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Coach Wooden learned to play basketball as a child.
2. Describe Wooden's relationship with his high-school coach Glenn Curtis.
3. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's relationship throughout their high-school years.
4. Why didn't Coach Wooden seek a career as a professional basketball player?
5. In Chapter 8, Coach Wooden says that coaches can sometimes be subconsciously influenced by their players. What does he mean by this?
6. Describe Keith Erickson.
7. In Chapter 2, where did Coach meet Nellie and why did he like her?
8. How did Coach Wooden feel about money?
9. Why didn't Coach Wooden remain a high-school basketball coach?
10. Describe the incident in Chapter 2 between Coach Wooden and his brother and the impact it had on Coach.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)