|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor, drawing the US into World War II?
2. Many of the players on Wooden's first college team has also been what?
(a) Players on his high-school team.
(b) Married at a young age.
(c) Players on the college baseball team.
(d) Raised on a farm.
3. What part-time job did Wooden have when he started college?
(a) Waiting tables and washing dishes.
(b) Working in the college's laundry room.
(c) A groundskeeper.
(d) Cooking in a local restaurant.
4. What caused Wooden to return to his high-school basketball team after he walked off the team?
(a) Several conversations with Coach Curtis.
(b) Several conversations with his brother, Cat.
(c) Several conversations with Nellie.
(d) Several conversations with his father.
5. Coach Wooden's father told him to make each day what?
(b) The best day it can be.
(c) A new beginning.
(d) A masterpiece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first noticed Wooden's "good luck charm"?
2. Who encouraged Coach Wooden to wait until after college to marry Nellie?
3. Who was the talented leader of the UCLA team's defense?
4. Who eventually became principal and superintendent of Martinsville Schools?
5. In Chapter 1, who did Coach Wooden remove from the championship game because he was having an off night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's wedding.
2. Once enlisted in the military, what stopped Coach Wooden from serving overseas?
3. In Chapter 1, Coach Wooden says that Jack Hirsch was a bully, but he later realized Jack was lacking in confidence. Why do people who lack confidence sometimes bully?
4. Explain what happened between Coach Wooden and one of his South Bend students named Eddie.
5. Describe Keith Erickson.
6. How did Coach Wooden come to have a "good luck charm"?
7. Describe Wooden's relationship with his high-school coach Glenn Curtis.
8. Explain Coach Lambert's coaching philosophy.
9. Explain the offer Coach Wooden received between his junior and senior year at Purdue, including the outcome.
10. In Chapter 1, how did Coach Wooden react when he saw Kenny Washington crying in the locker room due to homesickness? Do you think his reaction was right?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)