|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signal did Coach Wooden give to Nellie before each high-school game?
(a) He winked at her.
(b) He waved at her.
(c) He gave her the okay sign.
(d) He blew her a kiss.
2. What other sport did Fred Slaughter play at UCLA?
3. In what year did the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor, drawing the US into World War II?
4. What prevented Wooden from fulfilling his position in the South Pacific?
(a) An appendectomy.
(b) A new assignment.
(c) Nellie's sickness.
(d) A broken arm.
5. Who was the talented leader of the UCLA team's defense?
(a) Keith Erickson.
(b) Doug McIntosh.
(c) Fred Slaughter.
(d) Kenny Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of an incident between Coach Wooden and his brother as children, what did he vow never to do?
2. What did Coach Wooden tell Kenny Washington when he catches Kenny crying because he is homesick?
3. What promise did Coach Wooden make to Eddie, a young member of his South Bend team?
4. How did Doug McIntosh feel when Coach Wooden pulled him from the championship game?
5. How did Nellie and Wooden celebrate after their wedding ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Fred Slaughter respect Coach Wooden?
2. Describe the incident in Chapter 2 between Coach Wooden and his brother and the impact it had on Coach.
3. Describe Coach Wooden's team his first year at Indiana State University.
4. Why didn't Coach Wooden seek a career as a professional basketball player?
5. What caused Coach Wooden to enlist in the military?
6. Explain the offer Coach Wooden received between his junior and senior year at Purdue, including the outcome.
7. In Chapter 1, Coach Wooden removes Walt Hazzard from several games for showing off. Why is showing off a negative thing?
8. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's relationship throughout their high-school years.
9. Describe how Coach Wooden learned to play basketball as a child.
10. Explain how Coach Wooden earned money while in college.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)