|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Wooden feel about money as a high-school student?
(a) He did not have money in high school.
(b) He worked hard for it and managed it well.
(c) He was mad because he had to give it all to his father.
(d) He spent everything he made.
2. Who eventually became principal and superintendent of Martinsville Schools?
(a) Nellie Wooden.
(b) Coach Curtis.
(c) Cat Wooden.
(d) Coach Wooden.
3. Where did Wooden attend college?
(b) University of Alabama.
(c) Indiana State.
4. During many games, Coach Wooden told Jack Hirsch to stop acting like a what?
5. At his first high-school coaching job, what was Coach Wooden's salary?
(a) $1,500 per year.
(b) $1,800 per year.
(c) $2,200 per year.
(d) $5,000 per year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Wooden supplement his income?
2. Where did Coach Wooden spot future guard Gail Goodrich playing basketball?
3. Why didn't Wooden go overseas while in the military?
4. In what year did Coach Wooden's UCLA team win the NCAA championship game?
5. Before his senior year, who was Wooden recruited by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Coach Wooden's duties and pay when he got his first high-school coaching job in Dayton.
2. Did Fred Slaughter respect Coach Wooden?
3. Describe Coach Wooden's team his first year at Indiana State University.
4. Explain what happened between Coach Wooden and one of his South Bend students named Eddie.
5. Explain the offer Coach Wooden received between his junior and senior year at Purdue, including the outcome.
6. Why didn't Coach Wooden remain a high-school basketball coach?
7. Describe Keith Erickson.
8. In Chapter 1, did Coach Wooden made the right decision by pulling Fred Slaughter from the championship game?
9. How did Coach Wooden come to have a "good luck charm"?
10. In Chapter 1, Coach Wooden removes Walt Hazzard from several games for showing off. Why is showing off a negative thing?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)