|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Wooden start college?
2. How did Wooden supplement his income?
(a) By waiting tables on the weekend.
(b) By selling sports stories to the local newspaper.
(c) By running basketball training camps in the summer.
(d) By playing pro basketball on the weekends.
3. One of Wooden's favorite quotes says, "do not let what you can't do interfere with...?
(a) What you won't do.
(b) Your God-given talent.
(c) What you can do.
(d) Your natural abilities.
4. Which player did Coach Wooden discover was lacking in confidence?
(a) Jack Hirsch.
(b) Walt Hazzard.
(c) Fred Slaughter.
(d) Doug McIntosh.
5. After Wooden and Nellie got married, how much money a week did Wooden make working with Coach Curtis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What took Wooden away from his home in 1943?
2. Doug McIntosh was at UCLA on a make good scholarship. What does this mean?
3. What made Coach Wooden want to enlist in the military?
4. In what year did Coach Wooden's UCLA team win the NCAA championship game?
5. What made team forward Keith Erickson very upset during games?
Short Essay Questions
1. What basketball rule caused Nellie and Coach Wooden to break up several times? Was this a good rule?
2. In Chapter 1, how did Coach Wooden react when he saw Kenny Washington crying in the locker room due to homesickness? Do you think his reaction was right?
3. Explain Coach Wooden's duties and pay when he got his first high-school coaching job in Dayton.
4. In Chapter 2, where did Coach meet Nellie and why did he like her?
5. What caused Coach Wooden to enlist in the military?
6. In Chapter 1, did Coach Wooden made the right decision by pulling Fred Slaughter from the championship game?
7. What caused Coach Wooden to take his first college teaching position?
8. Why didn't Coach Wooden and Nellie have enough money for the wedding they had planned?
9. In Chapter 1, Coach Wooden says that Jack Hirsch was a bully, but he later realized Jack was lacking in confidence. Why do people who lack confidence sometimes bully?
10. Once enlisted in the military, what stopped Coach Wooden from serving overseas?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)