|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who did Coach Wooden remove from the championship game because he was having an off night?
(a) Doug McIntosh.
(b) Walt Hazzard.
(c) Fred Slaughter.
(d) Jack Hirsch.
2. Why did Coach Wooden remove Walt Hazzard from several games?
(a) Because he made too many fouls.
(b) Because he showed off on the court.
(c) Because he yelled at the referees.
(d) Because he did not get along with the other players.
3. Where was Coach Wooden's first college coaching job?
(a) The University of Alabama.
(b) Indiana State University.
(c) The University of Indiana.
4. What does Wooden say that many coaches and players develop during their career?
(a) Family problems.
(c) Health problems.
(d) Bad habits.
5. Where did Coach Wooden meet his future wife, Nellie?
(a) At church.
(b) At a high-school basketball game.
(c) At a summer carnival.
(d) At his summer job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nellie and Coach Wooden break up several times during high school?
2. What does Coach Wooden say a coach often feels about his players?
3. Who first noticed Wooden's "good luck charm"?
4. According to Coach Wooden, a true athlete should have what?
5. Why did Coach Wooden get upset with his high-school basketball coach, Glenn Curtis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Coach Wooden and Nellie have enough money for the wedding they had planned?
2. Explain Coach Wooden's haircut rule.
3. Explain how Coach Wooden earned money while in college.
4. What caused Coach Wooden to take his first college teaching position?
5. Discuss some of the advice Coach Wooden's father gave him in his elementary graduation letter.
6. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's relationship throughout their high-school years.
7. How does Coach Wooden define success?
8. Why did Coach Wooden want to leave UCLA, and why did he decide to stay?
9. Explain the importance of socks and shoes according to Coach Wooden.
10. Why didn't Coach Wooden remain a high-school basketball coach?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)