|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, what did Coach Wooden stuff with rags to make a ball?
(a) His father's old shirt.
(b) His brother's overalls.
(c) Strips of cloth left over from his mom's sewing.
(d) His mother's hosiery.
2. What signal did Coach Wooden give to Nellie before each high-school game?
(a) He waved at her.
(b) He blew her a kiss.
(c) He winked at her.
(d) He gave her the okay sign.
3. What became known as Wooden's "good luck piece" during games at Purdue?
(a) A key tied to his shoe.
(b) Socks with green trim.
(c) A necklace from his mother.
(d) A picture of Nellie in his pocket.
4. Where was Coach Wooden's first college coaching job?
(a) The University of Indiana.
(c) Indiana State University.
(d) The University of Alabama.
5. What signal did Coach Wooden give to Nellie before each game when he was a coach?
(a) He winked at her.
(b) He waved at her with his rolled up program.
(c) He introduced her to the crowd.
(d) He whistled at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wooden served in the military in Georgia, what was his duty?
2. Veterans who wanted to go to college after the war could go at the military's expense. This was called the what?
3. In what year did Coach Wooden enlist in the military?
4. How did Nellie and Wooden celebrate after their wedding ceremony?
5. Where was freshman player Kenny Washington from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once enlisted in the military, what stopped Coach Wooden from serving overseas?
2. What caused Coach Wooden to enlist in the military?
3. How did Coach Wooden come to have a "good luck charm"?
4. Why didn't Coach Wooden seek a career as a professional basketball player?
5. Explain what happened between Coach Wooden and one of his South Bend students named Eddie.
6. What caused Coach Wooden to take his first college teaching position?
7. Describe the incident in Chapter 2 between Coach Wooden and his brother and the impact it had on Coach.
8. In Chapter 1, did Coach Wooden made the right decision by pulling Fred Slaughter from the championship game?
9. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's wedding.
10. In Chapter 1, Coach Wooden removes Walt Hazzard from several games for showing off. Why is showing off a negative thing?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)