|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Walt Hazzard played in a game, he liked to stand out by doing which of the following?
(a) Fancy dribbling.
(b) Making three point shots.
(c) Scoring the majority of the points.
(d) Getting the rebounds.
2. How did Doug McIntosh feel when Coach Wooden pulled him from the championship game?
(a) He was depressed because his family came to watch him.
(b) He was mad at his fellow teammates.
(c) He was happy because the team won.
(d) He was angry because he didn't get to play.
3. Why did Nellie and Coach Wooden break up several times during high school?
(a) She wanted to go out dancing and he couldn't.
(b) Her father did not like him.
(c) His friends did not like her.
(d) They argued a lot.
4. When Coach Wooden describes himself and Nellie, what does he say?
(a) She likes outdoor activities, and he likes to stay inside.
(b) She is shy, and he is talkative.
(c) She is full of personality and he is shy.
(d) She is loud and he is quiet.
5. What did Wooden do after the war?
(a) Found a new job at a high school in Georgia.
(b) Stayed in the military, training men for battle.
(c) Played for a professional basketball team.
(d) Returned to his old coaching position in South Bend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who did Coach Wooden remove from the championship game because he was having an off night?
2. In what year did Coach Wooden enlist in the military?
3. Who eventually became principal and superintendent of Martinsville Schools?
4. How did Wooden feel about money as a high-school student?
5. What promise did Coach Wooden make to Eddie, a young member of his South Bend team?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Coach Wooden come to have a "good luck charm"?
2. Describe how Coach Wooden learned to play basketball as a child.
3. Why didn't Coach Wooden and Nellie have enough money for the wedding they had planned?
4. Why didn't Coach Wooden seek a career as a professional basketball player?
5. Describe Wooden's relationship with his high-school coach Glenn Curtis.
6. In Chapter 1, did Coach Wooden made the right decision by pulling Fred Slaughter from the championship game?
7. Once enlisted in the military, what stopped Coach Wooden from serving overseas?
8. What caused Coach Wooden to enlist in the military?
9. Describe Keith Erickson.
10. Describe the incident in Chapter 2 between Coach Wooden and his brother and the impact it had on Coach.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)