|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made team forward Keith Erickson very upset during games?
(a) If Coach Wooden yelled at him.
(b) If the referee made a bad call.
(c) If he made a foul.
(d) If he didn't get the opportunity to score.
2. What does Wooden say that many coaches and players develop during their career?
(a) Bad habits.
(c) Health problems.
(d) Family problems.
3. Which player replaced the player who was removed by Coach Wooden from the championship game?
(a) Gail Goodrich.
(b) Walt Hazzard.
(c) Fred Slaughter.
(d) Doug McIntosh.
4. What coaching concept applied by Coach Curtis did Coach Wooden disagree with?
(a) Giving all the players a fair chance to play.
(b) Firing up the team emotionally before a game.
(c) Sitting those who missed practice on the bench.
(d) Becoming friends with the players.
5. During many games, Coach Wooden told Jack Hirsch to stop acting like a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Coach Wooden remove Walt Hazzard from several games?
2. In Coach's favorite poem, "They Ask Me Why I Teach," what was the answer to the author's question?
3. Where did Wooden go the morning after his wedding?
4. After Wooden and Nellie got married, how much money a week did Wooden make working with Coach Curtis?
5. Veterans who wanted to go to college after the war could go at the military's expense. This was called the what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's wedding.
2. Once enlisted in the military, what stopped Coach Wooden from serving overseas?
3. Explain the comparison Coach talked about between players and doves.
4. Describe Wooden's relationship with his high-school coach Glenn Curtis.
5. Explain Coach Lambert's coaching philosophy.
6. Why didn't Coach Wooden ask his players to give 110%?
7. Discuss the bad habit Coach Wooden had.
8. How did Coach Wooden's religion influence his coaching?
9. How does Coach Wooden define success?
10. What is something Coach Wooden says he will never do. Why do you think he says this?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)