|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Coach Wooden's first high-school coaching job, where did he move for his second high-school coaching job?
(c) South Bend.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. Where was freshman player Kenny Washington from?
(c) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
3. In what year did Coach Wooden's UCLA team win the NCAA championship game?
4. Where was Wooden's first high-school coaching job?
(a) Dayton High School.
(b) Springfield High School.
(c) South Bend High School.
(d) Martinsville High School.
5. Wooden learned that students who do what, can get free tuition?
(a) Make the dean's list.
(b) Have at least a B average.
(c) Have parents who are alumni.
(d) Play on the basketball team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What took Wooden away from his home in 1943?
2. What does Wooden say that many coaches and players develop during their career?
3. How did Wooden feel about money as a high-school student?
4. Who does Coach Wooden refer to as a "team leader"?
5. Coach Lambert also taught Coach Wooden to play his own game and let the opponents what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Coach Wooden and Nellie have enough money for the wedding they had planned?
2. Describe Coach Wooden's team his first year at Indiana State University.
3. Once enlisted in the military, what stopped Coach Wooden from serving overseas?
4. Describe Keith Erickson.
5. Discuss some of the advice Coach Wooden's father gave him in his elementary graduation letter.
6. Describe the incident in Chapter 2 between Coach Wooden and his brother and the impact it had on Coach.
7. In Chapter 1, did Coach Wooden made the right decision by pulling Fred Slaughter from the championship game?
8. Explain what happened between Coach Wooden and one of his South Bend students named Eddie.
9. Why didn't Coach Wooden remain a high-school basketball coach?
10. In Chapter 2, where did Coach meet Nellie and why did he like her?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)