|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made team forward Keith Erickson very upset during games?
(a) If he didn't get the opportunity to score.
(b) If Coach Wooden yelled at him.
(c) If he made a foul.
(d) If the referee made a bad call.
2. When Coach Wooden was a child, what was his first basketball hoop made out of?
(a) A hallowed out piece of wood.
(b) An old tire.
(c) A tomato basket.
(d) A bucket.
3. When Walt Hazzard played in a game, he liked to stand out by doing which of the following?
(a) Scoring the majority of the points.
(b) Making three point shots.
(c) Getting the rebounds.
(d) Fancy dribbling.
4. Many of the players on Wooden's first college team has also been what?
(a) Raised on a farm.
(b) Players on his high-school team.
(c) Married at a young age.
(d) Players on the college baseball team.
5. In what year of Coach Wooden's college coaching experience, did his team win their conference title?
(a) His second year.
(b) His first year.
(c) His third year.
(d) His fifth year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Wooden's first high-school coaching job?
2. Who did Wooden replace as coach at Indiana State?
3. How did Wooden save up money so he and Nellie could get married?
4. Coach Lambert also taught Coach Wooden to play his own game and let the opponents what?
5. What signal did Coach Wooden give to Nellie before each game when he was a coach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Coach Wooden's team his first year at Indiana State University.
2. Describe Keith Erickson.
3. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's relationship throughout their high-school years.
4. Explain how Coach Wooden earned money while in college.
5. What basketball rule caused Nellie and Coach Wooden to break up several times? Was this a good rule?
6. How did Coach Wooden come to have a "good luck charm"?
7. Explain what happened between Coach Wooden and one of his South Bend students named Eddie.
8. Explain the offer Coach Wooden received between his junior and senior year at Purdue, including the outcome.
9. In Chapter 1, Coach Wooden says that Jack Hirsch was a bully, but he later realized Jack was lacking in confidence. Why do people who lack confidence sometimes bully?
10. Once enlisted in the military, what stopped Coach Wooden from serving overseas?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)