|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Walt Hazzard played in a game, he liked to stand out by doing which of the following?
(a) Making three point shots.
(b) Fancy dribbling.
(c) Scoring the majority of the points.
(d) Getting the rebounds.
2. After Wooden and Nellie got married, how much money a week did Wooden make working with Coach Curtis?
3. What signal did Coach Wooden give to Nellie before each game when he was a coach?
(a) He waved at her with his rolled up program.
(b) He whistled at her.
(c) He introduced her to the crowd.
(d) He winked at her.
4. Coach Lambert taught his players movement by design instead of what?
(a) Precise rebounds.
(b) Repeated patterns.
(c) Exact dribbling.
(d) Memorizing moves.
5. What other sport did Fred Slaughter play at UCLA?
Short Answer Questions
1. Doug McIntosh was at UCLA on a make good scholarship. What does this mean?
2. Who loaned Wooden some money for his wedding?
3. In Chapter 1, who did Coach Wooden remove from the championship game because he was having an off night?
4. Veterans who wanted to go to college after the war could go at the military's expense. This was called the what?
5. What became known as Wooden's "good luck piece" during games at Purdue?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where did Coach meet Nellie and why did he like her?
2. What basketball rule caused Nellie and Coach Wooden to break up several times? Was this a good rule?
3. Discuss some of the advice Coach Wooden's father gave him in his elementary graduation letter.
4. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's relationship throughout their high-school years.
5. Explain Coach Wooden's duties and pay when he got his first high-school coaching job in Dayton.
6. Explain how Coach Wooden earned money while in college.
7. In Chapter 1, how did Coach Wooden react when he saw Kenny Washington crying in the locker room due to homesickness? Do you think his reaction was right?
8. In Chapter 1, did Coach Wooden made the right decision by pulling Fred Slaughter from the championship game?
9. What caused Coach Wooden to enlist in the military?
10. In Chapter 1, Coach Wooden says that Jack Hirsch was a bully, but he later realized Jack was lacking in confidence. Why do people who lack confidence sometimes bully?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)