|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the talented leader of the UCLA team's defense?
(a) Fred Slaughter.
(b) Doug McIntosh.
(c) Kenny Washington.
(d) Keith Erickson.
2. Coach Wooden's father told his to "drink deeply from good books, especially ..."
(a) His basketball play book.
(b) The dictionary,
(c) His college textbooks.
(d) The bible.
3. Who loaned Wooden some money for his wedding?
(a) Nellie's father.
(b) Wooden's father.
(c) Nellie's best friend's father.
(d) Coach Curtis.
4. After the war, what was difficult for Coach Wooden's family to find in South Bend?
(a) Kind neighbors.
(b) Affordable housing.
(c) A job for Nellie.
(d) Adequate schools.
5. Who first noticed Wooden's "good luck charm"?
(a) A sports reporter.
(c) A recruiter.
(d) Coach Lambert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden always carry in his wallet?
2. Why did Nellie and Coach Wooden break up several times during high school?
3. How did Doug McIntosh feel when Coach Wooden pulled him from the championship game?
4. Where would Coach have stayed if it were up to him?
5. What made Coach Wooden want to enlist in the military?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Coach Wooden earned money while in college.
2. Explain what happened between Coach Wooden and one of his South Bend students named Eddie.
3. Describe how Coach Wooden learned to play basketball as a child.
4. In Chapter 2, where did Coach meet Nellie and why did he like her?
5. In Chapter 1, how did Coach Wooden react when he saw Kenny Washington crying in the locker room due to homesickness? Do you think his reaction was right?
6. Describe Coach Wooden's team his first year at Indiana State University.
7. What caused Coach Wooden to enlist in the military?
8. Explain the offer Coach Wooden received between his junior and senior year at Purdue, including the outcome.
9. In Chapter 1, Coach Wooden removes Walt Hazzard from several games for showing off. Why is showing off a negative thing?
10. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's wedding.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)