|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Wooden go overseas while in the military?
(a) Japan surrendered before he shipped out.
(b) He was not qualified.
(c) He was better at helping other soldiers than fighting.
(d) There were too many soldiers overseas and not enough stateside.
2. What incident caused Coach Wooden to refer to the coach/player relationship as a father/son relationship?
(a) Watching his team lose the championship game.
(b) Kicking a player off the team for having a bad attitude.
(c) Taking an injured player to the hospital.
(d) Pulling a star player out of the championship game.
3. Who did Wooden replace as coach at Indiana State?
(a) Fred Slaughter.
(b) Doug McIntosh.
(c) Glenn Curtis.
(d) Kenny Washington.
4. Who was the talented leader of the UCLA team's defense?
(a) Kenny Washington.
(b) Doug McIntosh.
(c) Keith Erickson.
(d) Fred Slaughter.
5. Besides coaching at the high-school level, what class did Coach Wooden teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part-time job did Wooden have when he started college?
2. Where would Coach have stayed if it were up to him?
3. Which player replaced the player who was removed by Coach Wooden from the championship game?
4. Who stopped Walt Hazzard from quitting the team?
5. What coaching concept applied by Coach Curtis did Coach Wooden disagree with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Coach Wooden's advice to his team concerning the outcome of a game?
2. Explain Coach Wooden's duties and pay when he got his first high-school coaching job in Dayton.
3. According to Coach Wooden, what type of player was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
4. Discuss the bad habit Coach Wooden had.
5. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's wedding.
6. In Chapter 1, Coach Wooden removes Walt Hazzard from several games for showing off. Why is showing off a negative thing?
7. Did Fred Slaughter respect Coach Wooden?
8. What basketball rule caused Nellie and Coach Wooden to break up several times? Was this a good rule?
9. Why didn't Coach Wooden remain a high-school basketball coach?
10. Discuss some of the advice Coach Wooden's father gave him in his elementary graduation letter.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)