|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which player did Coach Wooden discover was lacking in confidence?
(a) Jack Hirsch.
(b) Fred Slaughter.
(c) Walt Hazzard.
(d) Doug McIntosh.
2. Why did Coach Wooden's family move to Martinsville?
(a) Because they lost their farm.
(b) Because Coach Wooden's dad got a new job.
(c) Because they found a bigger farm.
(d) Because Coach Wooden wanted to play at a different high school.
3. In what year did Coach Wooden move back to Indiana?
4. In what year did Coach Wooden's UCLA team win the NCAA championship game?
5. Where did Wooden attend college?
(a) University of Alabama.
(c) Indiana State.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coach Lambert also taught Coach Wooden to play his own game and let the opponents what?
2. Where was freshman player Kenny Washington from?
3. Where was Wooden's first high-school coaching job?
4. When Walt Hazzard played in a game, he liked to stand out by doing which of the following?
5. What took Wooden away from his home in 1943?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's wedding.
2. Why didn't Coach Wooden and Nellie have enough money for the wedding they had planned?
3. What caused Coach Wooden to enlist in the military?
4. Why didn't Coach Wooden remain a high-school basketball coach?
5. Explain Coach Wooden's duties and pay when he got his first high-school coaching job in Dayton.
6. Did Fred Slaughter respect Coach Wooden?
7. Explain Coach Lambert's coaching philosophy.
8. Discuss some of the advice Coach Wooden's father gave him in his elementary graduation letter.
9. In Chapter 1, Coach Wooden says that Jack Hirsch was a bully, but he later realized Jack was lacking in confidence. Why do people who lack confidence sometimes bully?
10. How did Coach Wooden come to have a "good luck charm"?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)