|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Walt Hazzard played in a game, he liked to stand out by doing which of the following?
(a) Fancy dribbling.
(b) Scoring the majority of the points.
(c) Making three point shots.
(d) Getting the rebounds.
2. In what year did the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor, drawing the US into World War II?
3. Where was Coach Wooden's first college coaching job?
(a) Indiana State University.
(b) The University of Indiana.
(c) The University of Alabama.
4. How did Wooden feel about money as a high-school student?
(a) He was mad because he had to give it all to his father.
(b) He spent everything he made.
(c) He did not have money in high school.
(d) He worked hard for it and managed it well.
5. What caused Wooden to return to his high-school basketball team after he walked off the team?
(a) Several conversations with Coach Curtis.
(b) Several conversations with his brother, Cat.
(c) Several conversations with Nellie.
(d) Several conversations with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What moment does Coach Wooden refer to as "the peak" of his career?
2. What incident caused Coach Wooden to refer to the coach/player relationship as a father/son relationship?
3. Who encouraged Coach Wooden to wait until after college to marry Nellie?
4. What other sport did Fred Slaughter play at UCLA?
5. How did Doug McIntosh feel when Coach Wooden pulled him from the championship game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Coach Wooden remain a high-school basketball coach?
2. How did Coach Wooden feel about money?
3. Explain Coach Lambert's coaching philosophy.
4. Explain what happened between Coach Wooden and one of his South Bend students named Eddie.
5. In Chapter 2, where did Coach meet Nellie and why did he like her?
6. In Chapter 1, how did Coach Wooden react when he saw Kenny Washington crying in the locker room due to homesickness? Do you think his reaction was right?
7. Explain the offer Coach Wooden received between his junior and senior year at Purdue, including the outcome.
8. Why didn't Coach Wooden seek a career as a professional basketball player?
9. Did Fred Slaughter respect Coach Wooden?
10. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's relationship throughout their high-school years.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)