|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who did Coach Wooden remove from the championship game because he was having an off night?
(a) Jack Hirsch.
(b) Doug McIntosh.
(c) Fred Slaughter.
(d) Walt Hazzard.
2. In what year did Coach Wooden enlist in the military?
3. Who eventually became principal and superintendent of Martinsville Schools?
(a) Cat Wooden.
(b) Coach Wooden.
(c) Coach Curtis.
(d) Nellie Wooden.
4. Where would Coach have stayed if it were up to him?
(b) South Bend.
5. In Coach's favorite poem, "They Ask Me Why I Teach," what was the answer to the author's question?
(a) Where else could I find more splendid company?
(b) Where else could I influence young people?
(c) Where else could I spend so much time with children.
(d) Where else could I help children learn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of an incident between Coach Wooden and his brother as children, what did he vow never to do?
2. At his first high-school coaching job, what was Coach Wooden's salary?
3. Which player replaced the player who was removed by Coach Wooden from the championship game?
4. Why did Coach Wooden get upset with his high-school basketball coach, Glenn Curtis?
5. Why did Nellie and Coach Wooden break up several times during high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Coach Lambert's coaching philosophy.
2. Why didn't Coach Wooden seek a career as a professional basketball player?
3. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's relationship throughout their high-school years.
4. Describe the incident in Chapter 2 between Coach Wooden and his brother and the impact it had on Coach.
5. What basketball rule caused Nellie and Coach Wooden to break up several times? Was this a good rule?
6. Explain the offer Coach Wooden received between his junior and senior year at Purdue, including the outcome.
7. In Chapter 1, how did Coach Wooden react when he saw Kenny Washington crying in the locker room due to homesickness? Do you think his reaction was right?
8. Why didn't Coach Wooden and Nellie have enough money for the wedding they had planned?
9. Explain what happened between Coach Wooden and one of his South Bend students named Eddie.
10. How did Coach Wooden feel about money?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)