|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which player replaced the player who was removed by Coach Wooden from the championship game?
(a) Doug McIntosh.
(b) Walt Hazzard.
(c) Fred Slaughter.
(d) Gail Goodrich.
2. According to Coach Wooden, a true athlete should have what?
3. In what year did the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor, drawing the US into World War II?
4. What does Coach Wooden say a coach often feels about his players?
(a) He feels like they are too time consuming.
(b) He feels like they are the number one priority.
(c) He feels like they are prideful.
(d) He feels like they are family.
5. One of Wooden's favorite quotes says, "do not let what you can't do interfere with...?
(a) What you can do.
(b) Your God-given talent.
(c) Your natural abilities.
(d) What you won't do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Coach Wooden want to enlist in the military?
2. In what year did Coach Wooden enlist in the military?
3. Wooden was told to report to the U.S.S. Franklin in the South Pacific to serve in what position?
4. In what year of Coach Wooden's college coaching experience, did his team win their conference title?
5. At his first high-school coaching job, what was Coach Wooden's salary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Coach Wooden and Nellie's wedding.
2. Explain the offer Coach Wooden received between his junior and senior year at Purdue, including the outcome.
3. In Chapter 2, where did Coach meet Nellie and why did he like her?
4. Describe the incident in Chapter 2 between Coach Wooden and his brother and the impact it had on Coach.
5. In Chapter 8, Coach Wooden says that coaches can sometimes be subconsciously influenced by their players. What does he mean by this?
6. Why didn't Coach Wooden remain a high-school basketball coach?
7. In Chapter 1, Coach Wooden says that Jack Hirsch was a bully, but he later realized Jack was lacking in confidence. Why do people who lack confidence sometimes bully?
8. Describe how Coach Wooden learned to play basketball as a child.
9. What caused Coach Wooden to take his first college teaching position?
10. Why didn't Coach Wooden seek a career as a professional basketball player?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)