|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
(a) Boring player.
(b) Great player.
(c) Consistent player.
(d) Super player.
2. In the majority of games, what percentage did Kareem shoot?
3. Why did Coach Wooden choose UCLA as the second college to coach at?
(a) UCLA was his biggest rival as a player.
(b) It was his dream coaching position.
(c) The college he really wanted didn't call on time.
(d) His family wanted to move to the warm weather.
4. After Kareem and several other superstars graduated, what did Coach Wooden want his team to become?
(a) An even greater team.
(b) A more competitive team.
(c) A normal college basketball team.
(d) Another superstar team.
5. What major change did Coach Wooden make in his practices that improved the team's NCAA finals.?
(a) Allowing more team members to play together.
(b) Letting players run some practices.
(c) Adding more scrimmages.
(d) Shortening the length of practices.
6. How did Coach Wooden always try to end practice?
(a) With prayer.
(b) On a happy note.
(c) By blowing his game whistle.
(d) With dribbling drills.
7. Why did Coach Wooden decide to go to the NAIA tournament his second year at ISU when he had refused his first year?
(a) Because he felt that his team was ready to win.
(b) Because his team begged him to let them attend.
(c) Because Nellie pointed out that it would help his career.
(d) Because they now allowed both black and white players.
8. Why did Kareem get extra juice at breakfast when the other players did not?
(a) Because he could not drink milk.
(b) Because he didn't eat any food.
(c) Because he was bigger.
(d) Because he had a vitamin C deficiency.
9. When some players showed up clearly breaking the haircut rule, what did Coach Wooden do?
(a) Made them cut their hair in the training room.
(b) Required them to put their hair back during a game.
(c) Removed them from the team.
(d) Made fun of them.
10. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
11. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
(a) Giving his team a curfew that was too late.
(b) Working his team too much too early.
(c) Putting too much pressure on them.
(d) Making them practice the day before.
12. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
(a) Bill Russell.
(b) Wilt Chamberlain.
(c) Walter Brown.
(d) Oscar Robinson.
13. Coach Wooden says that failure is not what?
(b) An option.
(c) The end.
14. What did players often come to Coach Wooden wearing that were too big?
15. According to Coach Wooden, what was the one thing that was holding back his UCLA team?
(a) A good assistant coach.
(b) A better recruiting system.
(c) A good place to play.
(d) More money for training.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
2. What tournament did Coach Wooden lead his ISU players to?
3. Why did Coach Wooden decide to stay at UCLA even after his contract expired?
4. Coach Wooden emphasizes that players are only as good as their what?
5. What place did Coach Wooden's team end up in the tournament in his second year as ISU?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)