|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Coach Wooden choose UCLA as the second college to coach at?
(a) UCLA was his biggest rival as a player.
(b) The college he really wanted didn't call on time.
(c) It was his dream coaching position.
(d) His family wanted to move to the warm weather.
2. Where did Coach Wooden have the worse record of his career?
(a) South Bend High School.
(b) Indiana State.
(c) Dayton High School.
3. Coach Wooden teaches his players it isn't what you do, it's...?
(a) How you do it.
(b) What you dream of doing.
(c) How much money you make.
(d) The way you do it.
4. According to Coach Wooden, what was the one thing that was holding back his UCLA team?
(a) A good assistant coach.
(b) More money for training.
(c) A better recruiting system.
(d) A good place to play.
5. What does Coach Wooden believe is a great motivator?
6. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
(b) Wrong paths.
(c) Poor choices.
7. What state did Kareem come from in order to play for UCLA?
(a) New York.
(b) South Carolina.
8. Why did Coach Wooden try to get out of his contract with UCLA?
(a) To accept a position as an assistant coach of a professional team.
(b) To accept a lucrative offer at Purdue.
(c) He did not like the other coaches.
(d) His family wanted to move back to Indiana.
9. What major change did Coach Wooden make in his practices that improved the team's NCAA finals.?
(a) Shortening the length of practices.
(b) Allowing more team members to play together.
(c) Adding more scrimmages.
(d) Letting players run some practices.
10. What was Coach Wooden's job at First Christian Church in Santa Monica?
(a) Assistant Pastor.
(c) Sunday School Teacher.
11. Which of the following is not a key concept in Coach Wooden's idea of success?
(d) Team spirit.
12. According to Coach Wooden, what is it possible for a player to gain?
(a) Individual stardom and team success.
(b) A perfect foul shot record.
(c) Four consecutive titles.
(d) A perfect practice record.
13. What gave Kareem vertical double vision during one game?
(a) A slight concussion.
(b) A medication he was taking.
(c) A scratched eye.
(d) Wearing the wrong glasses.
14. Who did Coach Wooden say was one of his most successful players?
(a) Fred Slaughter.
(b) Walter Alston.
(c) Doug McIntosh.
(d) Kenny Washington.
15. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
(a) In the last five seconds.
(b) In the first ten minutes.
(c) In the first quarter.
(d) By half time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college besides UCLA did Coach Wooden consider after coaching at ISU?
2. Coach Wooden says that failure is not what?
3. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
4. If Coach Wooden's players lost, what were they not allowed to do?
5. When Kareem joined the team, what was Coach Wooden working towards?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)