|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a game, what did Coach Wooden never want his team to do first?
(a) Call a time out.
(c) Make a three point throw.
(d) Make a foul.
2. Why were Kareem's teammates jealous of him?
(a) He scored most of the points during games.
(b) He came from a wealthy family.
(c) Coach Wooden said he was his favorite player.
(d) People wanted his autograph.
3. What did Coach Wooden develop to teach his ideas of success?
(a) John Wooden's Sucess Model.
(b) John Wooden's Coaching Success Manual.
(c) John Wooden's Ten Steps to Success.
(d) John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
4. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
(a) Who was your best player?
(b) Who was your favorite player?
(c) What are your secrets to success?
(d) How much money do you make?
5. How many free throws did a player have to make at practice in order to play in the scrimmages?
6. Why was Kareem the only player allowed to rest in the training room from time to time during practice?
(a) He suffered from migraines.
(b) He needed therapy for a knee injury.
(c) He had a sleeping disorder.
(d) He had young children at home that kept him up at night.
7. What state did Kareem come from in order to play for UCLA?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) New York.
8. Which of the following is not a key concept in Coach Wooden's idea of success?
(a) Team spirit.
9. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
(a) In the first ten minutes.
(b) By half time.
(c) In the last five seconds.
(d) In the first quarter.
10. What kind of comments did Kareem receive from the press?
(a) Mostly comments about his skill.
(b) Mostly comments about his race.
(c) Mostly comments about his family.
(d) Mostly comments about his poor attitude.
11. Coach Wooden teaches his players it isn't what you do, it's...?
(a) How much money you make.
(b) How you do it.
(c) What you dream of doing.
(d) The way you do it.
12. When did most of Coach Wooden's conversations with his players take place?
(a) During weekly team meetings.
(b) In the locker room during half time.
(c) In the locker room after a game.
(d) On the court during practice.
13. Why did Coach Wooden decide to stay at UCLA even after his contract expired?
(a) He loved his players.
(b) He was offered a substantial raise.
(c) His children loved California.
(d) His wife had a job she didn't want to leave.
14. Why did Coach Wooden try to get out of his contract with UCLA?
(a) He did not like the other coaches.
(b) To accept a lucrative offer at Purdue.
(c) To accept a position as an assistant coach of a professional team.
(d) His family wanted to move back to Indiana.
15. What does Coach Wooden believe is a great motivator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What college besides UCLA did Coach Wooden consider after coaching at ISU?
2. Why did Coach Wooden require his players to wear the same practice uniform every time they practiced?
3. What did Coach Wooden learn from Notre Dame football coach Frank Leahy?
4. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
5. When did Coach Wooden start searching for his own definition of success?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)