|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
(a) The Big Ten.
(b) The Final Four.
(c) The Big Five.
(d) The NCAA Championship.
2. Why did Coach Wooden choose UCLA as the second college to coach at?
(a) The college he really wanted didn't call on time.
(b) His family wanted to move to the warm weather.
(c) UCLA was his biggest rival as a player.
(d) It was his dream coaching position.
3. Coach Wooden emphasizes that players are only as good as their what?
(c) Practice habits.
(d) Worse shot.
4. What did Coach Wooden want his players to believe the worse punishment was?
(a) Being banned from practice.
(b) Being banned from a game.
(c) Being kicked off the team.
(d) Watching from the bench, but not being allowed to play.
5. How did Coach Wooden learn to treat his players from LA Dodgers manager Walter Alston?
(a) Like lions.
(b) Like scorpions.
(c) Like bears.
(d) Like doves.
6. In a game, what did Coach Wooden never want his team to do first?
(b) Make a foul.
(c) Call a time out.
(d) Make a three point throw.
7. What did Coach Wooden show his players how to do every year?
(a) Properly wear a jersey.
(b) Properly encourage a teammate.
(c) Properly make a lay up.
(d) Properly put on socks.
8. How many free throws did a player have to make at practice in order to play in the scrimmages?
9. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
(b) Wrong paths.
(d) Poor choices.
10. When Kareem joined the team, what was Coach Wooden working towards?
(a) The team's first championship.
(b) A fourth consecutive championship.
(c) A second consecutive championship.
(d) A third consecutive championship.
11. Why did Coach Wooden decide to stay at UCLA even after his contract expired?
(a) He loved his players.
(b) His children loved California.
(c) His wife had a job she didn't want to leave.
(d) He was offered a substantial raise.
12. Coach Wooden believes that no coach should be trusted with the responsibility of a team unless he is what?
(a) Spiritually strong.
(b) Ready to accept losing as much as winning.
(c) Ready to disciple when necessary.
(d) An excellent player himself.
13. What did Coach Wooden do six or seven times over his career at UCLA?
(a) Evaluated what kept his team from winning.
(b) Evaluated his coaching techniques.
(c) Evaluated his staff of assistant coaches.
(d) Evaluated his playbook.
14. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
(a) Wait in the locker room until Coach Wooden arrived.
(b) Shake hands with the other team.
(c) Keep control of their emotions.
(d) Come to practice the next day.
15. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
(a) How much money do you make?
(b) What are your secrets to success?
(c) Who was your best player?
(d) Who was your favorite player?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem have in addition to great basketball skills?
2. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
3. What did Coach Wooden develop to teach his ideas of success?
4. What was Coach Wooden most surprised about when he began coaching at UCLA?
5. What were the facilities like at UCLA?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)