|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coach Wooden says that failure is not what?
(a) An option.
(d) The end.
2. What was Coach Wooden's job at First Christian Church in Santa Monica?
(a) Assistant Pastor.
(b) Sunday School Teacher.
3. What kind of comments did Kareem receive from the press?
(a) Mostly comments about his family.
(b) Mostly comments about his poor attitude.
(c) Mostly comments about his race.
(d) Mostly comments about his skill.
4. What did Coach Wooden do six or seven times over his career at UCLA?
(a) Evaluated his coaching techniques.
(b) Evaluated his staff of assistant coaches.
(c) Evaluated his playbook.
(d) Evaluated what kept his team from winning.
5. After Kareem and several other superstars graduated, what did Coach Wooden want his team to become?
(a) Another superstar team.
(b) A normal college basketball team.
(c) An even greater team.
(d) A more competitive team.
6. Coach Wooden teaches his players it isn't what you do, it's...?
(a) How much money you make.
(b) How you do it.
(c) The way you do it.
(d) What you dream of doing.
7. Why did Coach Wooden decide to stay at UCLA even after his contract expired?
(a) He was offered a substantial raise.
(b) He loved his players.
(c) His children loved California.
(d) His wife had a job she didn't want to leave.
8. What did Coach Wooden show his players how to do every year?
(a) Properly wear a jersey.
(b) Properly put on socks.
(c) Properly make a lay up.
(d) Properly encourage a teammate.
9. Instead of individuals or positions, what does Coach Wooden suggest his team members be?
(a) Plays in the playbook.
(b) A team.
10. Why did Kareem get extra juice at breakfast when the other players did not?
(a) Because he could not drink milk.
(b) Because he was bigger.
(c) Because he didn't eat any food.
(d) Because he had a vitamin C deficiency.
11. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
(a) Putting too much pressure on them.
(b) Making them practice the day before.
(c) Giving his team a curfew that was too late.
(d) Working his team too much too early.
12. When Kareem joined the team, what was Coach Wooden working towards?
(a) The team's first championship.
(b) A third consecutive championship.
(c) A fourth consecutive championship.
(d) A second consecutive championship.
13. When did most of Coach Wooden's conversations with his players take place?
(a) On the court during practice.
(b) In the locker room during half time.
(c) In the locker room after a game.
(d) During weekly team meetings.
14. What were the facilities like at UCLA?
(b) In poor condition.
(c) State of the art.
(d) There were none.
15. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his ideas of success like many people urged him to do?
(a) He wanted to leave them to his children.
(b) He couldn't find a publisher.
(c) He wanted to use them solely for the teams he coached.
(d) He wanted them to be used as a teaching tool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Coach Wooden like to have a different combination of players playing together during practice?
2. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
3. What tournament did Coach Wooden lead his ISU players to?
4. Where did Coach Wooden have the worse record of his career?
5. What college besides UCLA did Coach Wooden consider after coaching at ISU?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)