|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Coach Wooden start searching for his own definition of success?
(a) As a young boy.
(b) As a high school coach.
(c) As a college coach.
(d) In high school.
2. What did Coach Wooden want his players to believe the worse punishment was?
(a) Watching from the bench, but not being allowed to play.
(b) Being banned from a game.
(c) Being kicked off the team.
(d) Being banned from practice.
3. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
(c) Wrong paths.
(d) Poor choices.
4. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
(a) Wilt Chamberlain.
(b) Bill Russell.
(c) Oscar Robinson.
(d) Walter Brown.
5. Why did Coach Wooden like to have a different combination of players playing together during practice?
(a) So players appreciate team members.
(b) So players would be used to playing with each other during the game.
(c) So players would get over their prejudices.
(d) So players would become friends with each other.
6. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
(a) How much money do you make?
(b) What are your secrets to success?
(c) Who was your best player?
(d) Who was your favorite player?
7. Coach Wooden emphasizes that players are only as good as their what?
(c) Practice habits.
(d) Worse shot.
8. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
(a) Giving his team a curfew that was too late.
(b) Making them practice the day before.
(c) Working his team too much too early.
(d) Putting too much pressure on them.
9. Why were Kareem's teammates jealous of him?
(a) He came from a wealthy family.
(b) People wanted his autograph.
(c) Coach Wooden said he was his favorite player.
(d) He scored most of the points during games.
10. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
11. Why did Kareem get extra juice at breakfast when the other players did not?
(a) Because he was bigger.
(b) Because he had a vitamin C deficiency.
(c) Because he didn't eat any food.
(d) Because he could not drink milk.
12. Why did Coach Wooden require his players to wear the same practice uniform every time they practiced?
(a) To easily set up scrimmage games.
(b) To get used to playing in jerseys.
(c) To promote unity.
(d) To decrease rivalry between teammates.
13. What tournament did Coach Wooden lead his ISU players to?
14. Why was Kareem the only player allowed to rest in the training room from time to time during practice?
(a) He needed therapy for a knee injury.
(b) He had young children at home that kept him up at night.
(c) He had a sleeping disorder.
(d) He suffered from migraines.
15. Coach Wooden teaches his players it isn't what you do, it's...?
(a) What you dream of doing.
(b) How much money you make.
(c) The way you do it.
(d) How you do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order for players to give their best, Coach says they must be composed, self-controlled, and have what?
2. Why did Coach Wooden decide to stay at UCLA even after his contract expired?
3. What is Coach Wooden's basic idea of success?
4. What did Coach Wooden learn from Notre Dame football coach Frank Leahy?
5. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)