|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coach Wooden taught his players that basketball was...?
(a) Going to change their lives forever.
(b) The greatest sport.
(c) The most important thing in the world.
(d) Not the most important thing in the world.
2. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
(a) The Big Ten.
(b) The NCAA Championship.
(c) The Big Five.
(d) The Final Four.
3. While on vacation, what did Coach Wooden decide to give up for good?
(d) Eating junk food.
4. Coach Wooden believes that no coach should be trusted with the responsibility of a team unless he is what?
(a) Ready to disciple when necessary.
(b) Ready to accept losing as much as winning.
(c) Spiritually strong.
(d) An excellent player himself.
5. Why was Kareem the only player allowed to rest in the training room from time to time during practice?
(a) He needed therapy for a knee injury.
(b) He suffered from migraines.
(c) He had a sleeping disorder.
(d) He had young children at home that kept him up at night.
6. Why were Kareem's teammates jealous of him?
(a) Coach Wooden said he was his favorite player.
(b) People wanted his autograph.
(c) He came from a wealthy family.
(d) He scored most of the points during games.
7. Where did Coach Wooden have the worse record of his career?
(a) South Bend High School.
(c) Dayton High School.
(d) Indiana State.
8. What did Coach Wooden do six or seven times over his career at UCLA?
(a) Evaluated his coaching techniques.
(b) Evaluated his playbook.
(c) Evaluated his staff of assistant coaches.
(d) Evaluated what kept his team from winning.
9. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
(b) Poor choices.
(c) Wrong paths.
10. In the majority of games, what percentage did Kareem shoot?
11. Why did Coach Wooden say that assistant coaches are so important?
(a) They spend more one-on-one time with the players.
(b) They were players themselves not too long ago.
(c) They were another set of eyes.
(d) They worked more for the love of the game then for money.
12. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
(a) Working his team too much too early.
(b) Making them practice the day before.
(c) Giving his team a curfew that was too late.
(d) Putting too much pressure on them.
13. Why did Coach Wooden choose UCLA as the second college to coach at?
(a) His family wanted to move to the warm weather.
(b) The college he really wanted didn't call on time.
(c) It was his dream coaching position.
(d) UCLA was his biggest rival as a player.
14. In Coach Wooden's first year coaching at UCLA, how did the team do?
(a) They lost more games than they won.
(b) They made it to the southern division finals.
(c) They made it to the national championships.
(d) They made it to the local playoffs.
15. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
(a) What are your secrets to success?
(b) Who was your favorite player?
(c) Who was your best player?
(d) How much money do you make?
Short Answer Questions
1. What place did Coach Wooden's team end up in the tournament in his second year as ISU?
2. What kind of comments did Kareem receive from the press?
3. When Kareem joined the team, what was Coach Wooden working towards?
4. Why did Coach Wooden like to have a different combination of players playing together during practice?
5. What major change did Coach Wooden make in his practices that improved the team's NCAA finals.?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)