|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the given name of the player that would become known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
(a) Lewis Alcindor.
(b) Walter Boyce.
(c) Billy Thomas.
(d) Scott Burkholder.
2. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
3. Why did Coach Wooden choose UCLA as the second college to coach at?
(a) The college he really wanted didn't call on time.
(b) It was his dream coaching position.
(c) UCLA was his biggest rival as a player.
(d) His family wanted to move to the warm weather.
4. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
(a) Giving his team a curfew that was too late.
(b) Working his team too much too early.
(c) Putting too much pressure on them.
(d) Making them practice the day before.
5. In the majority of games, what percentage did Kareem shoot?
6. What does Coach Wooden believe is a great motivator?
7. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem have in addition to great basketball skills?
(a) A lot of money.
(b) People skills.
(d) A great sense of humor.
8. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
(a) How much money do you make?
(b) Who was your best player?
(c) What are your secrets to success?
(d) Who was your favorite player?
9. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
(a) The Final Four.
(b) The Big Five.
(c) The NCAA Championship.
(d) The Big Ten.
10. When Kareem joined the team, what was Coach Wooden working towards?
(a) A second consecutive championship.
(b) The team's first championship.
(c) A fourth consecutive championship.
(d) A third consecutive championship.
11. Why did Coach Wooden like to have a different combination of players playing together during practice?
(a) So players would get over their prejudices.
(b) So players would be used to playing with each other during the game.
(c) So players would become friends with each other.
(d) So players appreciate team members.
12. What did Coach Wooden develop to teach his ideas of success?
(a) John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
(b) John Wooden's Ten Steps to Success.
(c) John Wooden's Sucess Model.
(d) John Wooden's Coaching Success Manual.
13. What did Coach Wooden learn from Notre Dame football coach Frank Leahy?
(a) How to motivate players.
(b) Recruiting skills.
(c) How to keep players.
(d) Organizational skills.
14. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
15. What were the facilities like at UCLA?
(a) There were none.
(b) State of the art.
(c) In poor condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tournament did Coach Wooden lead his ISU players to?
2. Why did Coach Wooden require his players to wear the same practice uniform every time they practiced?
3. Why did Coach Wooden try to get out of his contract with UCLA?
4. From whom did Coach Wooden learn his managerial skills?
5. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem personify?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)