|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on vacation, what did Coach Wooden decide to give up for good?
(c) Eating junk food.
2. What was Coach Wooden most surprised about when he began coaching at UCLA?
(a) How big the fan base was.
(b) How horrible the team was.
(c) How much money the assistant coaches received.
(d) How many great players he had.
3. Why did Coach Wooden choose UCLA as the second college to coach at?
(a) It was his dream coaching position.
(b) The college he really wanted didn't call on time.
(c) UCLA was his biggest rival as a player.
(d) His family wanted to move to the warm weather.
4. What college besides UCLA did Coach Wooden consider after coaching at ISU?
(c) Penn State.
5. Why were Kareem's teammates jealous of him?
(a) He came from a wealthy family.
(b) Coach Wooden said he was his favorite player.
(c) People wanted his autograph.
(d) He scored most of the points during games.
6. In order for players to give their best, Coach says they must be composed, self-controlled, and have what?
7. Instead of individuals or positions, what does Coach Wooden suggest his team members be?
(a) A team.
(b) Plays in the playbook.
8. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
(a) Oscar Robinson.
(b) Wilt Chamberlain.
(c) Walter Brown.
(d) Bill Russell.
9. Where did Coach Wooden have the worse record of his career?
(a) Dayton High School.
(c) Indiana State.
(d) South Bend High School.
10. Coach Wooden disagreed with coaches who told their players to...?
(a) Give 110%.
(b) Practice the night before a game.
(c) Put basketball before studying.
(d) Not date during basketball season.
11. Coach Wooden taught his players that basketball was...?
(a) Going to change their lives forever.
(b) The greatest sport.
(c) Not the most important thing in the world.
(d) The most important thing in the world.
12. When Kareem joined the team, what was Coach Wooden working towards?
(a) A third consecutive championship.
(b) A fourth consecutive championship.
(c) A second consecutive championship.
(d) The team's first championship.
13. What kind of comments did Kareem receive from the press?
(a) Mostly comments about his poor attitude.
(b) Mostly comments about his race.
(c) Mostly comments about his skill.
(d) Mostly comments about his family.
14. Coach Wooden teaches his players it isn't what you do, it's...?
(a) How much money you make.
(b) The way you do it.
(c) What you dream of doing.
(d) How you do it.
15. How many free throws did a player have to make at practice in order to play in the scrimmages?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Coach Wooden decide to stay at UCLA even after his contract expired?
2. If Coach Wooden's players lost, what were they not allowed to do?
3. How did Coach Wooden learn to treat his players from LA Dodgers manager Walter Alston?
4. What does Coach Wooden believe is a great motivator?
5. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem personify?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)