|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
(a) Walter Brown.
(b) Bill Russell.
(c) Wilt Chamberlain.
(d) Oscar Robinson.
2. What is Coach Wooden's basic idea of success?
(a) Doing better than you did in the past.
(b) Peace of mind in knowing you did your best.
(c) Meeting all your predetermined goals.
(d) Earning enough money to do what you want in life.
3. What kind of comments did Kareem receive from the press?
(a) Mostly comments about his poor attitude.
(b) Mostly comments about his skill.
(c) Mostly comments about his family.
(d) Mostly comments about his race.
4. Coach Wooden teaches his players it isn't what you do, it's...?
(a) How much money you make.
(b) How you do it.
(c) What you dream of doing.
(d) The way you do it.
5. What did players often come to Coach Wooden wearing that were too big?
6. Why did Coach Wooden require his players to wear the same practice uniform every time they practiced?
(a) To decrease rivalry between teammates.
(b) To promote unity.
(c) To get used to playing in jerseys.
(d) To easily set up scrimmage games.
7. In what year did UCLA win their first NCAA championship?
8. What did Coach Wooden say about new comer Sidney Wicks the first year he played?
(a) He could not live up to Kareem's skill level.
(b) He was instrumental in winning the next title.
(c) He was too cocky to be successful.
(d) He was like a son to him.
9. What were the facilities like at UCLA?
(a) There were none.
(c) In poor condition.
(d) State of the art.
10. If Coach Wooden's players lost, what were they not allowed to do?
(a) Be hard on themselves.
(b) Hug each other.
(c) Hang their heads.
(d) Leave the locker room until he spoke with them.
11. Who did Coach Wooden not discuss as one of the most influential people in his life?
(a) His coach at Purdue.
(b) His high school coach.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
12. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
13. In a game, what did Coach Wooden never want his team to do first?
(a) Make a foul.
(c) Call a time out.
(d) Make a three point throw.
14. Coach Wooden's pastor used to be his what?
(a) Classmate in Martinsville.
(b) Player at ISU.
(c) Player at South Bend.
(d) Teammate at Purdue.
15. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
(a) Consistent player.
(b) Boring player.
(c) Super player.
(d) Great player.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a key concept in Coach Wooden's idea of success?
2. When Kareem joined the team, what was Coach Wooden working towards?
3. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
4. What was Coach Wooden's job at First Christian Church in Santa Monica?
5. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)