|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state did Kareem come from in order to play for UCLA?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) New York.
2. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
(a) Great player.
(b) Boring player.
(c) Super player.
(d) Consistent player.
3. What is Coach Wooden's basic idea of success?
(a) Meeting all your predetermined goals.
(b) Peace of mind in knowing you did your best.
(c) Earning enough money to do what you want in life.
(d) Doing better than you did in the past.
4. Where did Coach Wooden have the worse record of his career?
(b) Indiana State.
(c) Dayton High School.
(d) South Bend High School.
5. Who did Coach Wooden not discuss as one of the most influential people in his life?
(a) His coach at Purdue.
(b) His father.
(c) His high school coach.
(d) His mother.
6. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
7. In what year did Kareem Abdul-Jabbar announce he would play for UCLA?
8. Why was Kareem the only player allowed to rest in the training room from time to time during practice?
(a) He had young children at home that kept him up at night.
(b) He suffered from migraines.
(c) He needed therapy for a knee injury.
(d) He had a sleeping disorder.
9. What major change did Coach Wooden make in his practices that improved the team's NCAA finals.?
(a) Adding more scrimmages.
(b) Letting players run some practices.
(c) Shortening the length of practices.
(d) Allowing more team members to play together.
10. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
11. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his ideas of success like many people urged him to do?
(a) He wanted them to be used as a teaching tool.
(b) He wanted to use them solely for the teams he coached.
(c) He wanted to leave them to his children.
(d) He couldn't find a publisher.
12. If Coach Wooden's players lost, what were they not allowed to do?
(a) Be hard on themselves.
(b) Hug each other.
(c) Leave the locker room until he spoke with them.
(d) Hang their heads.
13. What does Coach Wooden believe is a great motivator?
14. When did most of Coach Wooden's conversations with his players take place?
(a) On the court during practice.
(b) During weekly team meetings.
(c) In the locker room during half time.
(d) In the locker room after a game.
15. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem have in addition to great basketball skills?
(a) A lot of money.
(c) A great sense of humor.
(d) People skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did UCLA win their first NCAA championship?
2. In order for players to give their best, Coach says they must be composed, self-controlled, and have what?
3. Why did Coach Wooden try to get out of his contract with UCLA?
4. In 1966, where did the UCLA team start playing?
5. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)