|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden learn from Notre Dame football coach Frank Leahy?
(a) Recruiting skills.
(b) How to keep players.
(c) How to motivate players.
(d) Organizational skills.
2. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
(a) Putting too much pressure on them.
(b) Making them practice the day before.
(c) Giving his team a curfew that was too late.
(d) Working his team too much too early.
3. Why did Coach Wooden decide to go to the NAIA tournament his second year at ISU when he had refused his first year?
(a) Because they now allowed both black and white players.
(b) Because Nellie pointed out that it would help his career.
(c) Because his team begged him to let them attend.
(d) Because he felt that his team was ready to win.
4. What does Coach Wooden believe is a great motivator?
5. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
(a) Who was your favorite player?
(b) How much money do you make?
(c) What are your secrets to success?
(d) Who was your best player?
6. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his ideas of success like many people urged him to do?
(a) He wanted them to be used as a teaching tool.
(b) He wanted to use them solely for the teams he coached.
(c) He wanted to leave them to his children.
(d) He couldn't find a publisher.
7. Coach Wooden teaches his players it isn't what you do, it's...?
(a) How much money you make.
(b) How you do it.
(c) What you dream of doing.
(d) The way you do it.
8. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
(a) Come to practice the next day.
(b) Shake hands with the other team.
(c) Wait in the locker room until Coach Wooden arrived.
(d) Keep control of their emotions.
9. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
(a) In the first ten minutes.
(b) In the first quarter.
(c) By half time.
(d) In the last five seconds.
10. If Coach Wooden's players lost, what were they not allowed to do?
(a) Hang their heads.
(b) Be hard on themselves.
(c) Leave the locker room until he spoke with them.
(d) Hug each other.
11. What were the facilities like at UCLA?
(b) There were none.
(c) In poor condition.
(d) State of the art.
12. Who did Coach Wooden not discuss as one of the most influential people in his life?
(a) His high school coach.
(b) His coach at Purdue.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
13. What place did Coach Wooden's team end up in the tournament in his second year as ISU?
14. In order for players to give their best, Coach says they must be composed, self-controlled, and have what?
15. When did Coach Wooden start searching for his own definition of success?
(a) As a young boy.
(b) As a college coach.
(c) In high school.
(d) As a high school coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Coach Wooden, what is it possible for a player to gain?
2. Why did Kareem get extra juice at breakfast when the other players did not?
3. What did Coach Wooden show his players how to do every year?
4. What college besides UCLA did Coach Wooden consider after coaching at ISU?
5. In the majority of games, what percentage did Kareem shoot?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)