|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Coach Wooden, what is it possible for a player to gain?
(a) Four consecutive titles.
(b) A perfect foul shot record.
(c) A perfect practice record.
(d) Individual stardom and team success.
2. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
3. What college besides UCLA did Coach Wooden consider after coaching at ISU?
(a) Penn State.
4. After Kareem and several other superstars graduated, what did Coach Wooden want his team to become?
(a) Another superstar team.
(b) A normal college basketball team.
(c) A more competitive team.
(d) An even greater team.
5. In 1966, where did the UCLA team start playing?
(a) UCLA Stadium.
(b) Cotter Gymnasium.
(c) Pauley Pavilion.
(d) Wooden Hall.
6. Who did Coach Wooden not discuss as one of the most influential people in his life?
(a) His mother.
(b) His coach at Purdue.
(c) His father.
(d) His high school coach.
7. Coach Wooden disagreed with coaches who told their players to...?
(a) Not date during basketball season.
(b) Give 110%.
(c) Practice the night before a game.
(d) Put basketball before studying.
8. What did Coach Wooden develop to teach his ideas of success?
(a) John Wooden's Coaching Success Manual.
(b) John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
(c) John Wooden's Sucess Model.
(d) John Wooden's Ten Steps to Success.
9. From whom did Coach Wooden learn his managerial skills?
(a) His father.
(b) Frank Leahy.
(d) Walter Alston.
10. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
(a) Who was your favorite player?
(b) What are your secrets to success?
(c) How much money do you make?
(d) Who was your best player?
11. In Coach Wooden's first year coaching at UCLA, how did the team do?
(a) They made it to the local playoffs.
(b) They lost more games than they won.
(c) They made it to the national championships.
(d) They made it to the southern division finals.
12. What tournament did Coach Wooden lead his ISU players to?
13. In what year did UCLA win their first NCAA championship?
14. According to Coach Wooden, what was the one thing that was holding back his UCLA team?
(a) A good place to play.
(b) A good assistant coach.
(c) More money for training.
(d) A better recruiting system.
15. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
(a) Boring player.
(b) Super player.
(c) Great player.
(d) Consistent player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did players often come to Coach Wooden wearing that were too big?
2. What did Coach Wooden show his players how to do every year?
3. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
4. In what year did Kareem Abdul-Jabbar announce he would play for UCLA?
5. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)