|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state did Kareem come from in order to play for UCLA?
(b) New York.
(c) South Carolina.
2. Coach Wooden teaches his players it isn't what you do, it's...?
(a) The way you do it.
(b) How you do it.
(c) How much money you make.
(d) What you dream of doing.
3. When Kareem joined the team, what was Coach Wooden working towards?
(a) A second consecutive championship.
(b) A third consecutive championship.
(c) The team's first championship.
(d) A fourth consecutive championship.
4. Coach Wooden says that failure is not what?
(a) An option.
(d) The end.
5. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
(a) In the last five seconds.
(b) In the first quarter.
(c) By half time.
(d) In the first ten minutes.
6. What is Coach Wooden's basic idea of success?
(a) Peace of mind in knowing you did your best.
(b) Meeting all your predetermined goals.
(c) Doing better than you did in the past.
(d) Earning enough money to do what you want in life.
7. How did Coach Wooden learn to treat his players from LA Dodgers manager Walter Alston?
(a) Like lions.
(b) Like bears.
(c) Like doves.
(d) Like scorpions.
8. Coach Wooden's pastor used to be his what?
(a) Player at South Bend.
(b) Player at ISU.
(c) Teammate at Purdue.
(d) Classmate in Martinsville.
9. What did Coach Wooden want his players to believe the worse punishment was?
(a) Watching from the bench, but not being allowed to play.
(b) Being banned from a game.
(c) Being kicked off the team.
(d) Being banned from practice.
10. Why were Kareem's teammates jealous of him?
(a) Coach Wooden said he was his favorite player.
(b) He scored most of the points during games.
(c) People wanted his autograph.
(d) He came from a wealthy family.
11. What was Coach Wooden most surprised about when he began coaching at UCLA?
(a) How big the fan base was.
(b) How much money the assistant coaches received.
(c) How horrible the team was.
(d) How many great players he had.
12. In a game, what did Coach Wooden never want his team to do first?
(a) Make a foul.
(c) Call a time out.
(d) Make a three point throw.
13. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
(a) Shake hands with the other team.
(b) Come to practice the next day.
(c) Wait in the locker room until Coach Wooden arrived.
(d) Keep control of their emotions.
14. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
(a) Giving his team a curfew that was too late.
(b) Putting too much pressure on them.
(c) Working his team too much too early.
(d) Making them practice the day before.
15. What did Coach Wooden do six or seven times over his career at UCLA?
(a) Evaluated what kept his team from winning.
(b) Evaluated his staff of assistant coaches.
(c) Evaluated his coaching techniques.
(d) Evaluated his playbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
2. What did Coach Wooden abandon when he realized it does not influence the players?
3. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem personify?
4. What major change did Coach Wooden make in his practices that improved the team's NCAA finals.?
5. How many titles did the team win while Kareem was a player?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)