|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a key concept in Coach Wooden's idea of success?
(d) Team spirit.
2. Who did Coach Wooden say was one of his most successful players?
(a) Doug McIntosh.
(b) Kenny Washington.
(c) Walter Alston.
(d) Fred Slaughter.
3. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
(a) By half time.
(b) In the first quarter.
(c) In the first ten minutes.
(d) In the last five seconds.
4. How did Coach Wooden always try to end practice?
(a) By blowing his game whistle.
(b) On a happy note.
(c) With prayer.
(d) With dribbling drills.
5. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem personify?
6. What college besides UCLA did Coach Wooden consider after coaching at ISU?
(b) Penn State.
7. How many free throws did a player have to make at practice in order to play in the scrimmages?
8. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
(a) The Big Five.
(b) The Final Four.
(c) The NCAA Championship.
(d) The Big Ten.
9. Why did Coach Wooden decide to go to the NAIA tournament his second year at ISU when he had refused his first year?
(a) Because his team begged him to let them attend.
(b) Because Nellie pointed out that it would help his career.
(c) Because he felt that his team was ready to win.
(d) Because they now allowed both black and white players.
10. As Coach Wooden's children grew up and had their own children, what did they make sure they still did?
(a) Eat dinner together every Friday.
(b) Spend Sunday afternoons together.
(c) Get together for Christmas.
(d) Attend all their father's games.
11. If Coach Wooden's players lost, what were they not allowed to do?
(a) Leave the locker room until he spoke with them.
(b) Hang their heads.
(c) Hug each other.
(d) Be hard on themselves.
12. What did Coach Wooden do six or seven times over his career at UCLA?
(a) Evaluated what kept his team from winning.
(b) Evaluated his coaching techniques.
(c) Evaluated his staff of assistant coaches.
(d) Evaluated his playbook.
13. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
14. What did Coach Wooden show his players how to do every year?
(a) Properly wear a jersey.
(b) Properly put on socks.
(c) Properly encourage a teammate.
(d) Properly make a lay up.
15. Why were Kareem's teammates jealous of him?
(a) Coach Wooden said he was his favorite player.
(b) He came from a wealthy family.
(c) He scored most of the points during games.
(d) People wanted his autograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden develop to teach his ideas of success?
2. When did Coach Wooden start searching for his own definition of success?
3. Who did Coach Wooden not discuss as one of the most influential people in his life?
4. In the majority of games, what percentage did Kareem shoot?
5. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his ideas of success like many people urged him to do?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)