|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did players often come to Coach Wooden wearing that were too big?
2. What place did Coach Wooden's team end up in the tournament in his second year as ISU?
3. What were the facilities like at UCLA?
(a) In poor condition.
(b) There were none.
(d) State of the art.
4. Why did Coach Wooden decide to stay at UCLA even after his contract expired?
(a) His children loved California.
(b) He loved his players.
(c) His wife had a job she didn't want to leave.
(d) He was offered a substantial raise.
5. Why did Coach Wooden decide to go to the NAIA tournament his second year at ISU when he had refused his first year?
(a) Because they now allowed both black and white players.
(b) Because he felt that his team was ready to win.
(c) Because his team begged him to let them attend.
(d) Because Nellie pointed out that it would help his career.
6. Why did Kareem get extra juice at breakfast when the other players did not?
(a) Because he had a vitamin C deficiency.
(b) Because he could not drink milk.
(c) Because he was bigger.
(d) Because he didn't eat any food.
7. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
(a) By half time.
(b) In the last five seconds.
(c) In the first quarter.
(d) In the first ten minutes.
8. In what year did UCLA win their first NCAA championship?
9. What state did Kareem come from in order to play for UCLA?
(a) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
10. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
(c) Poor choices.
(d) Wrong paths.
11. What did Coach Wooden abandon when he realized it does not influence the players?
(b) Tedious drills.
(c) Extra practices.
(d) His playbook.
12. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
(a) Oscar Robinson.
(b) Wilt Chamberlain.
(c) Walter Brown.
(d) Bill Russell.
13. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
(a) Come to practice the next day.
(b) Shake hands with the other team.
(c) Wait in the locker room until Coach Wooden arrived.
(d) Keep control of their emotions.
14. What was Coach Wooden most surprised about when he began coaching at UCLA?
(a) How big the fan base was.
(b) How much money the assistant coaches received.
(c) How horrible the team was.
(d) How many great players he had.
15. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
(a) The Big Five.
(b) The Final Four.
(c) The NCAA Championship.
(d) The Big Ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Coach Wooden sell his ideas of success like many people urged him to do?
2. Where did Coach Wooden have the worse record of his career?
3. What did Coach Wooden show his players how to do every year?
4. What was the given name of the player that would become known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
5. While on vacation, what did Coach Wooden decide to give up for good?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)