|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden show his players how to do every year?
(a) Properly put on socks.
(b) Properly encourage a teammate.
(c) Properly wear a jersey.
(d) Properly make a lay up.
2. After Kareem and several other superstars graduated, what did Coach Wooden want his team to become?
(a) A normal college basketball team.
(b) An even greater team.
(c) A more competitive team.
(d) Another superstar team.
3. What does Coach Wooden believe is a great motivator?
4. How many free throws did a player have to make at practice in order to play in the scrimmages?
5. Coach Wooden taught his players that basketball was...?
(a) Going to change their lives forever.
(b) Not the most important thing in the world.
(c) The most important thing in the world.
(d) The greatest sport.
6. Why did Coach Wooden require his players to wear the same practice uniform every time they practiced?
(a) To promote unity.
(b) To decrease rivalry between teammates.
(c) To easily set up scrimmage games.
(d) To get used to playing in jerseys.
7. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
(a) Who was your best player?
(b) Who was your favorite player?
(c) What are your secrets to success?
(d) How much money do you make?
8. What was the given name of the player that would become known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
(a) Walter Boyce.
(b) Scott Burkholder.
(c) Lewis Alcindor.
(d) Billy Thomas.
9. Which of the following is not a key concept in Coach Wooden's idea of success?
(d) Team spirit.
10. Instead of individuals or positions, what does Coach Wooden suggest his team members be?
(a) Plays in the playbook.
(c) A team.
11. Coach Wooden emphasizes that players are only as good as their what?
(a) Worse shot.
(c) Practice habits.
12. When Kareem joined the team, what was Coach Wooden working towards?
(a) A second consecutive championship.
(b) The team's first championship.
(c) A third consecutive championship.
(d) A fourth consecutive championship.
13. When some players showed up clearly breaking the haircut rule, what did Coach Wooden do?
(a) Required them to put their hair back during a game.
(b) Made them cut their hair in the training room.
(c) Made fun of them.
(d) Removed them from the team.
14. If Coach Wooden's players lost, what were they not allowed to do?
(a) Hang their heads.
(b) Hug each other.
(c) Leave the locker room until he spoke with them.
(d) Be hard on themselves.
15. What did Coach Wooden do six or seven times over his career at UCLA?
(a) Evaluated his coaching techniques.
(b) Evaluated his staff of assistant coaches.
(c) Evaluated what kept his team from winning.
(d) Evaluated his playbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Kareem Abdul-Jabbar announce he would play for UCLA?
2. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
3. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
4. What gave Kareem vertical double vision during one game?
5. Why did Coach Wooden choose UCLA as the second college to coach at?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)