|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Kareem and several other superstars graduated, what did Coach Wooden want his team to become?
(a) Another superstar team.
(b) An even greater team.
(c) A more competitive team.
(d) A normal college basketball team.
2. What was the given name of the player that would become known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
(a) Billy Thomas.
(b) Walter Boyce.
(c) Lewis Alcindor.
(d) Scott Burkholder.
3. What did Coach Wooden develop to teach his ideas of success?
(a) John Wooden's Sucess Model.
(b) John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
(c) John Wooden's Coaching Success Manual.
(d) John Wooden's Ten Steps to Success.
4. Why did Kareem get extra juice at breakfast when the other players did not?
(a) Because he didn't eat any food.
(b) Because he could not drink milk.
(c) Because he had a vitamin C deficiency.
(d) Because he was bigger.
5. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
(a) Wilt Chamberlain.
(b) Walter Brown.
(c) Bill Russell.
(d) Oscar Robinson.
6. Who did Coach Wooden say was one of his most successful players?
(a) Fred Slaughter.
(b) Kenny Washington.
(c) Doug McIntosh.
(d) Walter Alston.
7. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem personify?
8. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
9. What did Coach Wooden learn from Notre Dame football coach Frank Leahy?
(a) Organizational skills.
(b) Recruiting skills.
(c) How to keep players.
(d) How to motivate players.
10. As Coach Wooden's children grew up and had their own children, what did they make sure they still did?
(a) Get together for Christmas.
(b) Eat dinner together every Friday.
(c) Attend all their father's games.
(d) Spend Sunday afternoons together.
11. Which of the following is not a key concept in Coach Wooden's idea of success?
(b) Team spirit.
12. Coach Wooden taught his players that basketball was...?
(a) Going to change their lives forever.
(b) The most important thing in the world.
(c) The greatest sport.
(d) Not the most important thing in the world.
13. What is Coach Wooden's basic idea of success?
(a) Meeting all your predetermined goals.
(b) Doing better than you did in the past.
(c) Peace of mind in knowing you did your best.
(d) Earning enough money to do what you want in life.
14. When some players showed up clearly breaking the haircut rule, what did Coach Wooden do?
(a) Removed them from the team.
(b) Required them to put their hair back during a game.
(c) Made fun of them.
(d) Made them cut their hair in the training room.
15. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
(b) Wrong paths.
(d) Poor choices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major change did Coach Wooden make in his practices that improved the team's NCAA finals.?
2. Coach Wooden disagreed with coaches who told their players to...?
3. What did players often come to Coach Wooden wearing that were too big?
4. What gave Kareem vertical double vision during one game?
5. What state did Kareem come from in order to play for UCLA?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)