|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did UCLA win their first NCAA championship?
2. In order for players to give their best, Coach says they must be composed, self-controlled, and have what?
3. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
(a) Poor choices.
(d) Wrong paths.
4. What kind of comments did Kareem receive from the press?
(a) Mostly comments about his family.
(b) Mostly comments about his poor attitude.
(c) Mostly comments about his race.
(d) Mostly comments about his skill.
5. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
(a) Super player.
(b) Boring player.
(c) Great player.
(d) Consistent player.
6. What were the facilities like at UCLA?
(b) There were none.
(c) In poor condition.
(d) State of the art.
7. According to Coach Wooden, what is it possible for a player to gain?
(a) A perfect foul shot record.
(b) A perfect practice record.
(c) Four consecutive titles.
(d) Individual stardom and team success.
8. While on vacation, what did Coach Wooden decide to give up for good?
(b) Eating junk food.
9. When did most of Coach Wooden's conversations with his players take place?
(a) On the court during practice.
(b) In the locker room during half time.
(c) In the locker room after a game.
(d) During weekly team meetings.
10. Why did Coach Wooden decide to stay at UCLA even after his contract expired?
(a) He was offered a substantial raise.
(b) His children loved California.
(c) His wife had a job she didn't want to leave.
(d) He loved his players.
11. Coach Wooden emphasizes that players are only as good as their what?
(a) Worse shot.
(d) Practice habits.
12. Coach Wooden believes that no coach should be trusted with the responsibility of a team unless he is what?
(a) Spiritually strong.
(b) Ready to accept losing as much as winning.
(c) An excellent player himself.
(d) Ready to disciple when necessary.
13. Why did Coach Wooden try to get out of his contract with UCLA?
(a) He did not like the other coaches.
(b) To accept a lucrative offer at Purdue.
(c) To accept a position as an assistant coach of a professional team.
(d) His family wanted to move back to Indiana.
14. How did Coach Wooden learn to treat his players from LA Dodgers manager Walter Alston?
(a) Like lions.
(b) Like scorpions.
(c) Like bears.
(d) Like doves.
15. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
(a) Shake hands with the other team.
(b) Wait in the locker room until Coach Wooden arrived.
(c) Come to practice the next day.
(d) Keep control of their emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
2. In a game, what did Coach Wooden never want his team to do first?
3. In what year did Kareem Abdul-Jabbar announce he would play for UCLA?
4. What gave Kareem vertical double vision during one game?
5. From whom did Coach Wooden learn his managerial skills?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)