|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coach Wooden believe is a great motivator?
2. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
(a) In the first ten minutes.
(b) In the last five seconds.
(c) By half time.
(d) In the first quarter.
3. As Coach Wooden's children grew up and had their own children, what did they make sure they still did?
(a) Spend Sunday afternoons together.
(b) Get together for Christmas.
(c) Eat dinner together every Friday.
(d) Attend all their father's games.
4. Coach Wooden teaches his players it isn't what you do, it's...?
(a) The way you do it.
(b) What you dream of doing.
(c) How you do it.
(d) How much money you make.
5. Why did Coach Wooden try to get out of his contract with UCLA?
(a) He did not like the other coaches.
(b) To accept a position as an assistant coach of a professional team.
(c) His family wanted to move back to Indiana.
(d) To accept a lucrative offer at Purdue.
6. Coach Wooden taught his players that basketball was...?
(a) Going to change their lives forever.
(b) Not the most important thing in the world.
(c) The most important thing in the world.
(d) The greatest sport.
7. In what year did UCLA win their first NCAA championship?
8. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
9. What did Coach Wooden say about new comer Sidney Wicks the first year he played?
(a) He could not live up to Kareem's skill level.
(b) He was instrumental in winning the next title.
(c) He was like a son to him.
(d) He was too cocky to be successful.
10. Why did Coach Wooden decide to stay at UCLA even after his contract expired?
(a) His children loved California.
(b) He was offered a substantial raise.
(c) He loved his players.
(d) His wife had a job she didn't want to leave.
11. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
(a) Who was your favorite player?
(b) How much money do you make?
(c) What are your secrets to success?
(d) Who was your best player?
12. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
13. From whom did Coach Wooden learn his managerial skills?
(a) His father.
(c) Walter Alston.
(d) Frank Leahy.
14. When did most of Coach Wooden's conversations with his players take place?
(a) On the court during practice.
(b) In the locker room during half time.
(c) In the locker room after a game.
(d) During weekly team meetings.
15. In order for players to give their best, Coach says they must be composed, self-controlled, and have what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kareem joined the team, what was Coach Wooden working towards?
2. Which of the following is not a key concept in Coach Wooden's idea of success?
3. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
4. What did Coach Wooden abandon when he realized it does not influence the players?
5. While on vacation, what did Coach Wooden decide to give up for good?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)