|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden develop to teach his ideas of success?
(a) John Wooden's Sucess Model.
(b) John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
(c) John Wooden's Ten Steps to Success.
(d) John Wooden's Coaching Success Manual.
2. What did Coach Wooden say about new comer Sidney Wicks the first year he played?
(a) He could not live up to Kareem's skill level.
(b) He was like a son to him.
(c) He was too cocky to be successful.
(d) He was instrumental in winning the next title.
3. Why did Coach Wooden decide to go to the NAIA tournament his second year at ISU when he had refused his first year?
(a) Because he felt that his team was ready to win.
(b) Because Nellie pointed out that it would help his career.
(c) Because they now allowed both black and white players.
(d) Because his team begged him to let them attend.
4. What did Coach Wooden show his players how to do every year?
(a) Properly make a lay up.
(b) Properly wear a jersey.
(c) Properly encourage a teammate.
(d) Properly put on socks.
5. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem personify?
6. After Kareem and several other superstars graduated, what did Coach Wooden want his team to become?
(a) An even greater team.
(b) A normal college basketball team.
(c) A more competitive team.
(d) Another superstar team.
7. Why did Coach Wooden require his players to wear the same practice uniform every time they practiced?
(a) To easily set up scrimmage games.
(b) To promote unity.
(c) To decrease rivalry between teammates.
(d) To get used to playing in jerseys.
8. Why did Coach Wooden choose UCLA as the second college to coach at?
(a) It was his dream coaching position.
(b) UCLA was his biggest rival as a player.
(c) His family wanted to move to the warm weather.
(d) The college he really wanted didn't call on time.
9. Why did Kareem get extra juice at breakfast when the other players did not?
(a) Because he could not drink milk.
(b) Because he didn't eat any food.
(c) Because he was bigger.
(d) Because he had a vitamin C deficiency.
10. Coach Wooden teaches his players it isn't what you do, it's...?
(a) What you dream of doing.
(b) How you do it.
(c) The way you do it.
(d) How much money you make.
11. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem have in addition to great basketball skills?
(a) People skills.
(b) A lot of money.
(d) A great sense of humor.
12. Coach Wooden says that failure is not what?
(a) An option.
(b) The end.
13. How many free throws did a player have to make at practice in order to play in the scrimmages?
14. When did most of Coach Wooden's conversations with his players take place?
(a) During weekly team meetings.
(b) In the locker room during half time.
(c) On the court during practice.
(d) In the locker room after a game.
15. In 1966, where did the UCLA team start playing?
(a) Wooden Hall.
(b) UCLA Stadium.
(c) Pauley Pavilion.
(d) Cotter Gymnasium.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
2. What did Coach Wooden abandon when he realized it does not influence the players?
3. What did Coach Wooden do six or seven times over his career at UCLA?
4. What did Coach Wooden learn from Notre Dame football coach Frank Leahy?
5. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)