|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
(a) Wrong paths.
(b) Poor choices.
2. Where did Coach Wooden have the worse record of his career?
(a) South Bend High School.
(b) Indiana State.
(d) Dayton High School.
3. Coach Wooden taught his players that basketball was...?
(a) The most important thing in the world.
(b) Going to change their lives forever.
(c) The greatest sport.
(d) Not the most important thing in the world.
4. What state did Kareem come from in order to play for UCLA?
(a) New York.
(b) South Carolina.
5. When did most of Coach Wooden's conversations with his players take place?
(a) In the locker room after a game.
(b) In the locker room during half time.
(c) On the court during practice.
(d) During weekly team meetings.
6. What did Coach Wooden develop to teach his ideas of success?
(a) John Wooden's Ten Steps to Success.
(b) John Wooden's Coaching Success Manual.
(c) John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
(d) John Wooden's Sucess Model.
7. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
(a) Super player.
(b) Great player.
(c) Boring player.
(d) Consistent player.
8. What was Coach Wooden's job at First Christian Church in Santa Monica?
(a) Assistant Pastor.
(c) Sunday School Teacher.
9. According to Coach Wooden, what was the one thing that was holding back his UCLA team?
(a) A good assistant coach.
(b) A better recruiting system.
(c) More money for training.
(d) A good place to play.
10. Why did Kareem get extra juice at breakfast when the other players did not?
(a) Because he was bigger.
(b) Because he could not drink milk.
(c) Because he had a vitamin C deficiency.
(d) Because he didn't eat any food.
11. What college besides UCLA did Coach Wooden consider after coaching at ISU?
(c) Penn State.
12. Coach Wooden disagreed with coaches who told their players to...?
(a) Put basketball before studying.
(b) Not date during basketball season.
(c) Practice the night before a game.
(d) Give 110%.
13. What did Coach Wooden want his players to believe the worse punishment was?
(a) Being kicked off the team.
(b) Watching from the bench, but not being allowed to play.
(c) Being banned from practice.
(d) Being banned from a game.
14. According to Coach Wooden, what is it possible for a player to gain?
(a) A perfect foul shot record.
(b) Four consecutive titles.
(c) Individual stardom and team success.
(d) A perfect practice record.
15. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem personify?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
2. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
3. Coach Wooden emphasizes that players are only as good as their what?
4. Why did Coach Wooden try to get out of his contract with UCLA?
5. What did Coach Wooden learn from Notre Dame football coach Frank Leahy?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)