|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a key concept in Coach Wooden's idea of success?
(c) Team spirit.
2. Coach Wooden emphasizes that players are only as good as their what?
(b) Worse shot.
(d) Practice habits.
3. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) One year.
4. What did Coach Wooden develop to teach his ideas of success?
(a) John Wooden's Sucess Model.
(b) John Wooden's Ten Steps to Success.
(c) John Wooden's Pyramid of Success.
(d) John Wooden's Coaching Success Manual.
5. Why did Coach Wooden choose UCLA as the second college to coach at?
(a) It was his dream coaching position.
(b) His family wanted to move to the warm weather.
(c) The college he really wanted didn't call on time.
(d) UCLA was his biggest rival as a player.
6. In what year did Kareem Abdul-Jabbar announce he would play for UCLA?
7. Who did Coach Wooden say was one of his most successful players?
(a) Walter Alston.
(b) Kenny Washington.
(c) Fred Slaughter.
(d) Doug McIntosh.
8. In Coach Wooden's first year coaching at UCLA, how did the team do?
(a) They made it to the southern division finals.
(b) They lost more games than they won.
(c) They made it to the national championships.
(d) They made it to the local playoffs.
9. How did Coach Wooden learn to treat his players from LA Dodgers manager Walter Alston?
(a) Like scorpions.
(b) Like bears.
(c) Like doves.
(d) Like lions.
10. In what year did UCLA win their first NCAA championship?
11. What did players often come to Coach Wooden wearing that were too big?
12. When some players showed up clearly breaking the haircut rule, what did Coach Wooden do?
(a) Required them to put their hair back during a game.
(b) Made fun of them.
(c) Removed them from the team.
(d) Made them cut their hair in the training room.
13. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
(b) Poor choices.
(d) Wrong paths.
14. In the majority of games, what percentage did Kareem shoot?
15. Why did Coach Wooden like to have a different combination of players playing together during practice?
(a) So players appreciate team members.
(b) So players would become friends with each other.
(c) So players would get over their prejudices.
(d) So players would be used to playing with each other during the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state did Kareem come from in order to play for UCLA?
2. What gave Kareem vertical double vision during one game?
3. What did Coach Wooden want his players to believe the worse punishment was?
4. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
5. Why did Kareem get extra juice at breakfast when the other players did not?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)