|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
2. When Kareem joined the team, what was Coach Wooden working towards?
(a) A third consecutive championship.
(b) The team's first championship.
(c) A second consecutive championship.
(d) A fourth consecutive championship.
3. Instead of individuals or positions, what does Coach Wooden suggest his team members be?
(c) Plays in the playbook.
(d) A team.
4. According to Coach Wooden, what did Kareem have in addition to great basketball skills?
(b) People skills.
(c) A great sense of humor.
(d) A lot of money.
5. In Coach Wooden's first year coaching at UCLA, how did the team do?
(a) They lost more games than they won.
(b) They made it to the national championships.
(c) They made it to the southern division finals.
(d) They made it to the local playoffs.
6. Why did Coach Wooden say that assistant coaches are so important?
(a) They spend more one-on-one time with the players.
(b) They worked more for the love of the game then for money.
(c) They were another set of eyes.
(d) They were players themselves not too long ago.
7. Coach Wooden taught his players that basketball was...?
(a) The greatest sport.
(b) Not the most important thing in the world.
(c) The most important thing in the world.
(d) Going to change their lives forever.
8. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
(a) Wait in the locker room until Coach Wooden arrived.
(b) Keep control of their emotions.
(c) Shake hands with the other team.
(d) Come to practice the next day.
9. Coach Wooden's pastor used to be his what?
(a) Teammate at Purdue.
(b) Classmate in Martinsville.
(c) Player at South Bend.
(d) Player at ISU.
10. In 1966, where did the UCLA team start playing?
(a) UCLA Stadium.
(b) Wooden Hall.
(c) Cotter Gymnasium.
(d) Pauley Pavilion.
11. While on vacation, what did Coach Wooden decide to give up for good?
(b) Eating junk food.
12. Coach Wooden believes that no coach should be trusted with the responsibility of a team unless he is what?
(a) Ready to disciple when necessary.
(b) An excellent player himself.
(c) Spiritually strong.
(d) Ready to accept losing as much as winning.
13. What major change did Coach Wooden make in his practices that improved the team's NCAA finals.?
(a) Adding more scrimmages.
(b) Letting players run some practices.
(c) Allowing more team members to play together.
(d) Shortening the length of practices.
14. Coach Wooden teaches his players it isn't what you do, it's...?
(a) How you do it.
(b) The way you do it.
(c) What you dream of doing.
(d) How much money you make.
15. Coach Wooden emphasizes that players are only as good as their what?
(b) Practice habits.
(d) Worse shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden say about new comer Sidney Wicks the first year he played?
2. How did Coach Wooden always try to end practice?
3. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
4. Why did Kareem get extra juice at breakfast when the other players did not?
5. Why did Coach Wooden decide to stay at UCLA even after his contract expired?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)