|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a game, what did Coach Wooden never want his team to do first?
(a) Make a three point throw.
(b) Call a time out.
(d) Make a foul.
2. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
(a) Giving his team a curfew that was too late.
(b) Putting too much pressure on them.
(c) Making them practice the day before.
(d) Working his team too much too early.
3. If Coach Wooden's players lost, what were they not allowed to do?
(a) Leave the locker room until he spoke with them.
(b) Hug each other.
(c) Be hard on themselves.
(d) Hang their heads.
4. What was the given name of the player that would become known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
(a) Walter Boyce.
(b) Billy Thomas.
(c) Lewis Alcindor.
(d) Scott Burkholder.
5. Why did Coach Wooden say that assistant coaches are so important?
(a) They were players themselves not too long ago.
(b) They spend more one-on-one time with the players.
(c) They were another set of eyes.
(d) They worked more for the love of the game then for money.
6. What does Coach Wooden believe is a great motivator?
7. Why did Coach Wooden decide to stay at UCLA even after his contract expired?
(a) He loved his players.
(b) He was offered a substantial raise.
(c) His children loved California.
(d) His wife had a job she didn't want to leave.
8. In order for players to give their best, Coach says they must be composed, self-controlled, and have what?
9. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
(c) Poor choices.
(d) Wrong paths.
10. Who did Coach Wooden not discuss as one of the most influential people in his life?
(a) His high school coach.
(b) His coach at Purdue.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
11. What did Coach Wooden say about new comer Sidney Wicks the first year he played?
(a) He was like a son to him.
(b) He was too cocky to be successful.
(c) He was instrumental in winning the next title.
(d) He could not live up to Kareem's skill level.
12. What was Coach Wooden's job at First Christian Church in Santa Monica?
(a) Assistant Pastor.
(d) Sunday School Teacher.
13. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
(a) The NCAA Championship.
(b) The Big Ten.
(c) The Final Four.
(d) The Big Five.
14. In Coach Wooden's first year coaching at UCLA, how did the team do?
(a) They made it to the local playoffs.
(b) They made it to the southern division finals.
(c) They lost more games than they won.
(d) They made it to the national championships.
15. How did Coach Wooden learn to treat his players from LA Dodgers manager Walter Alston?
(a) Like scorpions.
(b) Like doves.
(c) Like lions.
(d) Like bears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major change did Coach Wooden make in his practices that improved the team's NCAA finals.?
2. What place did Coach Wooden's team end up in the tournament in his second year as ISU?
3. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
4. How did Coach Wooden always try to end practice?
5. Why did Coach Wooden try to get out of his contract with UCLA?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)