|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Coach Wooden say that assistant coaches are so important?
(a) They worked more for the love of the game then for money.
(b) They were another set of eyes.
(c) They spend more one-on-one time with the players.
(d) They were players themselves not too long ago.
2. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
(a) Keep control of their emotions.
(b) Come to practice the next day.
(c) Shake hands with the other team.
(d) Wait in the locker room until Coach Wooden arrived.
3. Coach Wooden believed that his most successful players were not successful because of skill but because of what?
4. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
(a) The Final Four.
(b) The Big Five.
(c) The NCAA Championship.
(d) The Big Ten.
5. What major change did Coach Wooden make in his practices that improved the team's NCAA finals.?
(a) Adding more scrimmages.
(b) Letting players run some practices.
(c) Shortening the length of practices.
(d) Allowing more team members to play together.
6. What were the facilities like at UCLA?
(b) In poor condition.
(c) State of the art.
(d) There were none.
7. According to Coach Wooden, what was the one thing that was holding back his UCLA team?
(a) More money for training.
(b) A good assistant coach.
(c) A good place to play.
(d) A better recruiting system.
8. When did Coach Wooden start searching for his own definition of success?
(a) As a college coach.
(b) In high school.
(c) As a high school coach.
(d) As a young boy.
9. Why were Kareem's teammates jealous of him?
(a) He scored most of the points during games.
(b) He came from a wealthy family.
(c) Coach Wooden said he was his favorite player.
(d) People wanted his autograph.
10. In Coach Wooden's first year coaching at UCLA, how did the team do?
(a) They lost more games than they won.
(b) They made it to the national championships.
(c) They made it to the local playoffs.
(d) They made it to the southern division finals.
11. What tournament did Coach Wooden lead his ISU players to?
12. As Coach Wooden's children grew up and had their own children, what did they make sure they still did?
(a) Attend all their father's games.
(b) Spend Sunday afternoons together.
(c) Get together for Christmas.
(d) Eat dinner together every Friday.
13. What was Coach Wooden most surprised about when he began coaching at UCLA?
(a) How big the fan base was.
(b) How much money the assistant coaches received.
(c) How horrible the team was.
(d) How many great players he had.
14. In the majority of games, what percentage did Kareem shoot?
15. Coach Wooden emphasizes that players are only as good as their what?
(a) Practice habits.
(d) Worse shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Coach Wooden develop to teach his ideas of success?
2. What question would Coach Wooden never answer?
3. What did Coach Wooden say about new comer Sidney Wicks the first year he played?
4. What did players often come to Coach Wooden wearing that were too big?
5. According to coach, when are 90% of basketball games won?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)