|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for Coach Wooden's practice changes to take affect?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
2. Regardless of the outcome of a game, it was important to Coach Wooden that his players do what?
(a) Keep control of their emotions.
(b) Shake hands with the other team.
(c) Wait in the locker room until Coach Wooden arrived.
(d) Come to practice the next day.
3. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
(a) The Final Four.
(b) The Big Five.
(c) The Big Ten.
(d) The NCAA Championship.
4. Which of the following is not a key concept in Coach Wooden's idea of success?
(c) Team spirit.
5. Why were Kareem's teammates jealous of him?
(a) People wanted his autograph.
(b) Coach Wooden said he was his favorite player.
(c) He scored most of the points during games.
(d) He came from a wealthy family.
6. In 1966, where did the UCLA team start playing?
(a) Pauley Pavilion.
(b) UCLA Stadium.
(c) Wooden Hall.
(d) Cotter Gymnasium.
7. If Coach Wooden's players lost, what were they not allowed to do?
(a) Hang their heads.
(b) Be hard on themselves.
(c) Leave the locker room until he spoke with them.
(d) Hug each other.
8. While on vacation, what did Coach Wooden decide to give up for good?
(b) Eating junk food.
9. In a game, what did Coach Wooden never want his team to do first?
(a) Call a time out.
(b) Make a foul.
(d) Make a three point throw.
10. Coach says that Sidney Wicks went from being an erratic player to what kind of player?
(a) Super player.
(b) Great player.
(c) Consistent player.
(d) Boring player.
11. Coach Wooden believes there are no failures, just what?
(b) Wrong paths.
(d) Poor choices.
12. What did Coach Wooden learn from Notre Dame football coach Frank Leahy?
(a) Organizational skills.
(b) How to keep players.
(c) Recruiting skills.
(d) How to motivate players.
13. How many free throws did a player have to make at practice in order to play in the scrimmages?
14. What is Coach Wooden's basic idea of success?
(a) Doing better than you did in the past.
(b) Peace of mind in knowing you did your best.
(c) Meeting all your predetermined goals.
(d) Earning enough money to do what you want in life.
15. What college besides UCLA did Coach Wooden consider after coaching at ISU?
(b) Penn State.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Coach Wooden, what is it possible for a player to gain?
2. What great NBA player did Coach Wooden compare Kareem to?
3. What did Coach Wooden develop to teach his ideas of success?
4. In the majority of games, what percentage did Kareem shoot?
5. Coach Wooden emphasizes that players are only as good as their what?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)