|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many of the players on Wooden's first college team has also been what?
(a) Married at a young age.
(b) Players on the college baseball team.
(c) Players on his high-school team.
(d) Raised on a farm.
2. After Coach Wooden's first high-school coaching job, where did he move for his second high-school coaching job?
(a) South Bend.
(b) Los Angeles.
3. What signal did Coach Wooden give to Nellie before each high-school game?
(a) He blew her a kiss.
(b) He winked at her.
(c) He gave her the okay sign.
(d) He waved at her.
4. Where was Coach Wooden's first college coaching job?
(b) The University of Alabama.
(c) The University of Indiana.
(d) Indiana State University.
5. Why did Wooden stay a coach when he could have earned much more money as a professional player?
(a) He didn't get any professional offers.
(b) His wife didn't want him to play professionally.
(c) He loved the young people he coached.
(d) He was getting too old to play professional basketball.
6. What signal did Coach Wooden give to Nellie before each game when he was a coach?
(a) He whistled at her.
(b) He introduced her to the crowd.
(c) He winked at her.
(d) He waved at her with his rolled up program.
7. When the Wooden family moved to Martinsville, what did Coach Wooden's father do for a living?
(a) He taught at Coach's school.
(b) He was a farmer.
(c) He gave massages.
(d) He worked at a restaurant.
8. Why did Nellie and Coach Wooden break up several times during high school?
(a) Her father did not like him.
(b) They argued a lot.
(c) His friends did not like her.
(d) She wanted to go out dancing and he couldn't.
9. During many games, Coach Wooden told Jack Hirsch to stop acting like a what?
10. What does Coach Wooden say a coach often feels about his players?
(a) He feels like they are too time consuming.
(b) He feels like they are the number one priority.
(c) He feels like they are family.
(d) He feels like they are prideful.
11. Wooden learned that students who do what, can get free tuition?
(a) Have parents who are alumni.
(b) Play on the basketball team.
(c) Have at least a B average.
(d) Make the dean's list.
12. After the war, what was difficult for Coach Wooden's family to find in South Bend?
(a) Affordable housing.
(b) Adequate schools.
(c) A job for Nellie.
(d) Kind neighbors.
13. Why didn't Wooden go overseas while in the military?
(a) Japan surrendered before he shipped out.
(b) He was better at helping other soldiers than fighting.
(c) He was not qualified.
(d) There were too many soldiers overseas and not enough stateside.
14. What does Wooden say that many coaches and players develop during their career?
(a) Family problems.
(b) Health problems.
(d) Bad habits.
15. How did Doug McIntosh feel when Coach Wooden pulled him from the championship game?
(a) He was happy because the team won.
(b) He was depressed because his family came to watch him.
(c) He was mad at his fellow teammates.
(d) He was angry because he didn't get to play.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year of Coach Wooden's college coaching experience, did his team win their conference title?
2. After Wooden and Nellie got married, how much money a week did Wooden make working with Coach Curtis?
3. What did Coach Wooden's high-school coach prohibit his players from doing during basketball season?
4. What moment does Coach Wooden refer to as "the peak" of his career?
5. What took Wooden away from his home in 1943?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)