|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Coach Wooden move back to Indiana?
2. Where was Coach Wooden's first college coaching job?
(a) The University of Indiana.
(b) Indiana State University.
(d) The University of Alabama.
3. What did Wooden do after the war?
(a) Played for a professional basketball team.
(b) Found a new job at a high school in Georgia.
(c) Stayed in the military, training men for battle.
(d) Returned to his old coaching position in South Bend.
4. Who does Coach Wooden refer to as a "team leader"?
(a) Walt Hazzard.
(b) Willie Haulls.
(c) Fred Slaughter.
(d) Gail Goodrich.
5. Wooden learned that students who do what, can get free tuition?
(a) Make the dean's list.
(b) Play on the basketball team.
(c) Have parents who are alumni.
(d) Have at least a B average.
6. Coach Wooden's father told him to make each day what?
(b) The best day it can be.
(c) A new beginning.
(d) A masterpiece.
7. After Wooden and Nellie got married, how much money a week did Wooden make working with Coach Curtis?
8. How did Wooden lose all the money he had saved?
(a) His bank defaulted.
(b) He misplaced it.
(c) He loaned it to a friend who never paid him back.
(d) It was stolen.
9. According to Coach Wooden, Coach Lambert coached based on what?
(a) The plays made by the opposing team.
(b) The ability of his players.
(c) The playbook provided to him.
(d) The moves he learned as a player.
10. Where would Coach have stayed if it were up to him?
(d) South Bend.
11. In what year did Wooden start college?
12. Who did Wooden replace as coach at Indiana State?
(a) Glenn Curtis.
(b) Fred Slaughter.
(c) Kenny Washington.
(d) Doug McIntosh.
13. Most of Coach Wooden's college players were what?
(a) African Americans.
14. Who was the talented leader of the UCLA team's defense?
(a) Kenny Washington.
(b) Fred Slaughter.
(c) Doug McIntosh.
(d) Keith Erickson.
15. Veterans who wanted to go to college after the war could go at the military's expense. This was called the what?
(a) Military College Act.
(b) Education for Veterans Bill.
(c) G.I. Bill
(d) Veteran College Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which player replaced the player who was removed by Coach Wooden from the championship game?
2. Because of an incident between Coach Wooden and his brother as children, what did he vow never to do?
3. After the war, what was difficult for Coach Wooden's family to find in South Bend?
4. During many games, Coach Wooden told Jack Hirsch to stop acting like a what?
5. When Walt Hazzard played in a game, he liked to stand out by doing which of the following?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)