|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wooden go the morning after his wedding?
(a) To a basketball clinic.
(b) To basketball practice.
(c) To help his coach recruit new players.
(d) To look for a job.
2. How did Doug McIntosh feel when Coach Wooden pulled him from the championship game?
(a) He was happy because the team won.
(b) He was angry because he didn't get to play.
(c) He was mad at his fellow teammates.
(d) He was depressed because his family came to watch him.
3. Coach Lambert taught his players movement by design instead of what?
(a) Repeated patterns.
(b) Exact dribbling.
(c) Memorizing moves.
(d) Precise rebounds.
4. Where was freshman player Kenny Washington from?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) New York.
5. Most of Coach Wooden's college players were what?
(c) African Americans.
6. What moment does Coach Wooden refer to as "the peak" of his career?
(a) A conversation he has with Fred Slaughter after a game.
(b) Receiving his job at UCLA.
(c) Watching Walt Hazzard score the winning basket at a champanionship game.
(d) Making it to the NCAA championship game for the first time.
7. Who eventually became principal and superintendent of Martinsville Schools?
(a) Coach Wooden.
(b) Nellie Wooden.
(c) Cat Wooden.
(d) Coach Curtis.
8. Why did Coach Wooden remove Walt Hazzard from several games?
(a) Because he showed off on the court.
(b) Because he yelled at the referees.
(c) Because he did not get along with the other players.
(d) Because he made too many fouls.
9. How did Wooden save up money so he and Nellie could get married?
(a) He sold his car.
(b) He played pro basketball.
(c) He took extra shifts waiting tables.
(d) He worked in the athletic department.
10. In what year of Coach Wooden's college coaching experience, did his team win their conference title?
(a) His first year.
(b) His second year.
(c) His fifth year.
(d) His third year.
11. What did Coach Wooden's brother do to him as a child that make him very angry?
(a) Flipped manure on him.
(b) Pushed him in the pond.
(c) Locked him in the barn.
(d) Punched him in the stomach.
12. After Wooden and Nellie got married, how much money a week did Wooden make working with Coach Curtis?
13. In what year did Coach Wooden move back to Indiana?
14. Where was Wooden's first high-school coaching job?
(a) Dayton High School.
(b) Martinsville High School.
(c) South Bend High School.
(d) Springfield High School.
15. What signal did Coach Wooden give to Nellie before each game when he was a coach?
(a) He winked at her.
(b) He waved at her with his rolled up program.
(c) He introduced her to the crowd.
(d) He whistled at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Wooden feel about money as a high-school student?
2. Coach Wooden's father told his to "drink deeply from good books, especially ..."
3. Coach Wooden's father told him to make each day what?
4. What took Wooden away from his home in 1943?
5. What signal did Coach Wooden give to Nellie before each high-school game?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)