|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eventually became principal and superintendent of Martinsville Schools?
(a) Cat Wooden.
(b) Coach Curtis.
(c) Nellie Wooden.
(d) Coach Wooden.
2. Why did Wooden stay a coach when he could have earned much more money as a professional player?
(a) He was getting too old to play professional basketball.
(b) He didn't get any professional offers.
(c) He loved the young people he coached.
(d) His wife didn't want him to play professionally.
3. Because of an incident between Coach Wooden and his brother as children, what did he vow never to do?
(b) Get into a fight.
(d) Hurt someone's feelings.
4. During many games, Coach Wooden told Jack Hirsch to stop acting like a what?
5. Where did Coach Wooden spot future guard Gail Goodrich playing basketball?
(a) At another college.
(b) At a high-school basketball game.
(c) Outside the dorm at UCLA.
(d) Outside his apartment complex.
6. Who first noticed Wooden's "good luck charm"?
(b) Coach Lambert.
(c) A sports reporter.
(d) A recruiter.
7. In what year did the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor, drawing the US into World War II?
8. Why did Nellie and Coach Wooden break up several times during high school?
(a) They argued a lot.
(b) She wanted to go out dancing and he couldn't.
(c) Her father did not like him.
(d) His friends did not like her.
9. Where did Wooden attend college?
(a) Indiana State.
(b) University of Alabama.
10. After Wooden and Nellie got married, how much money a week did Wooden make working with Coach Curtis?
11. Coach Lambert also taught Coach Wooden to play his own game and let the opponents what?
(c) Figure it out.
(d) Worry about your next move.
12. In what year did Wooden start college?
13. What does Wooden say that many coaches and players develop during their career?
(a) Bad habits.
(b) Family problems.
(c) Health problems.
14. Wooden learned that students who do what, can get free tuition?
(a) Have parents who are alumni.
(b) Play on the basketball team.
(c) Have at least a B average.
(d) Make the dean's list.
15. Where would Coach have stayed if it were up to him?
(c) South Bend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Coach Wooden refer to as a "team leader"?
2. Coach Lambert taught his players movement by design instead of what?
3. What made Coach Wooden want to enlist in the military?
4. Who encouraged Coach Wooden to wait until after college to marry Nellie?
5. When the Wooden family moved to Martinsville, what did Coach Wooden's father do for a living?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)