|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Wooden's first high-school coaching job?
(a) South Bend High School.
(b) Springfield High School.
(c) Martinsville High School.
(d) Dayton High School.
2. In what year of Coach Wooden's college coaching experience, did his team win their conference title?
(a) His first year.
(b) His third year.
(c) His fifth year.
(d) His second year.
3. In what year did Wooden start college?
4. Who was the talented leader of the UCLA team's defense?
(a) Kenny Washington.
(b) Fred Slaughter.
(c) Doug McIntosh.
(d) Keith Erickson.
5. At his first high-school coaching job, what was Coach Wooden's salary?
(a) $2,200 per year.
(b) $5,000 per year.
(c) $1,500 per year.
(d) $1,800 per year.
6. In what year did the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor, drawing the US into World War II?
7. What prevented Wooden from fulfilling his position in the South Pacific?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) A new assignment.
(c) Nellie's sickness.
(d) An appendectomy.
8. Where did Wooden go the morning after his wedding?
(a) To basketball practice.
(b) To look for a job.
(c) To help his coach recruit new players.
(d) To a basketball clinic.
9. How did Doug McIntosh feel when Coach Wooden pulled him from the championship game?
(a) He was mad at his fellow teammates.
(b) He was depressed because his family came to watch him.
(c) He was angry because he didn't get to play.
(d) He was happy because the team won.
10. Because of an incident between Coach Wooden and his brother as children, what did he vow never to do?
(b) Hurt someone's feelings.
(c) Get into a fight.
11. When Coach Wooden was a child, what was his first basketball hoop made out of?
(a) An old tire.
(b) A bucket.
(c) A hallowed out piece of wood.
(d) A tomato basket.
12. In Chapter 1, who did Coach Wooden remove from the championship game because he was having an off night?
(a) Doug McIntosh.
(b) Jack Hirsch.
(c) Fred Slaughter.
(d) Walt Hazzard.
13. Most of Coach Wooden's college players were what?
(b) African Americans.
14. Coach Lambert also taught Coach Wooden to play his own game and let the opponents what?
(b) Worry about your next move.
(d) Figure it out.
15. After the war, what was difficult for Coach Wooden's family to find in South Bend?
(a) Adequate schools.
(b) Kind neighbors.
(c) A job for Nellie.
(d) Affordable housing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wooden do after the war?
2. How did Wooden lose all the money he had saved?
3. In what year did Coach Wooden move back to Indiana?
4. Where did Wooden attend college?
5. What made Coach Wooden want to enlist in the military?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)