|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Coach Wooden refer to as a "team leader"?
(a) Fred Slaughter.
(b) Gail Goodrich.
(c) Walt Hazzard.
(d) Willie Haulls.
2. Why did Coach Wooden decide to go to the NAIA tournament his second year at ISU when he had refused his first year?
(a) Because he felt that his team was ready to win.
(b) Because they now allowed both black and white players.
(c) Because Nellie pointed out that it would help his career.
(d) Because his team begged him to let them attend.
3. What did Coach Wooden abandon when he realized it does not influence the players?
(a) His playbook.
(b) Tedious drills.
(d) Extra practices.
4. What signal did Coach Wooden give to Nellie before each high-school game?
(a) He blew her a kiss.
(b) He winked at her.
(c) He gave her the okay sign.
(d) He waved at her.
5. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
(a) Putting too much pressure on them.
(b) Working his team too much too early.
(c) Making them practice the day before.
(d) Giving his team a curfew that was too late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tournament did Coach Wooden dream of his players being in?
2. In what year did UCLA win their first NCAA championship?
3. Where did Coach Wooden spot future guard Gail Goodrich playing basketball?
4. How did Wooden supplement his income?
5. In 1966, where did the UCLA team start playing?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)