|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Coach Wooden most surprised about when he began coaching at UCLA?
(a) How much money the assistant coaches received.
(b) How many great players he had.
(c) How big the fan base was.
(d) How horrible the team was.
2. What was Coach Wooden's job at First Christian Church in Santa Monica?
(a) Sunday School Teacher.
(c) Assistant Pastor.
3. In what year did UCLA win their first NCAA championship?
4. Who did Wooden replace as coach at Indiana State?
(a) Kenny Washington.
(b) Glenn Curtis.
(c) Fred Slaughter.
(d) Doug McIntosh.
5. How did Wooden save up money so he and Nellie could get married?
(a) He played pro basketball.
(b) He sold his car.
(c) He worked in the athletic department.
(d) He took extra shifts waiting tables.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Coach Wooden want to enlist in the military?
2. According to Coach Wooden, what was the one thing that was holding back his UCLA team?
3. Where would Coach have stayed if it were up to him?
4. What did Coach Wooden discover made his team tired at tournament time?
5. What did Coach Wooden show his players how to do every year?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)